Scummies Nominations 2022!

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Forum rules
Aristeia
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Aristeia
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #41 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:18 pm

Post by Aristeia »

Modfather
11/10/22 Aristeia Datisi Datisi is one of the most passionate mods I have ever played with, his games are always the first thing I look for when I am considering signing up for something - this man lives and breathes mafia. I know this because every day when I wake up, I check discord and see he's tossed a new completely insane idea into the #mafia discord and I can't help but smile and laugh a bit. 99% of his ideas do not see the light of day - we are quite lucky that the ones that do happen on this website.

Here are a few of my favorites to have watched or played this year:

Datisi's Cafe: A Large Theme with a unique twist that allowed town power roles to decide whether to use their powers at night at a cost. This game played out splendidly with some interesting gambits that dealt the mafia team a blow which they did not recover from. But what really makes this game special is all the cute little touches Datisi puts into it - I especially loved all the custom pictures for each role pm.

Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes: This twist is my absolute favorite - on each day the town would "nominate" players to become bomb experts and on each night the mafia would nominate players to be bomb defusers - players would then be put into a PT and get to defuse a bomb together - either side could win upon reaching a certain number of defusals and failing would result in the bomb and the defuser exploding.

It was high drama in the thread and the PTs as players jostled for who would get to be an expert and who should live or die. Every choice had lots of consequences and wifom and it was just delicious to watch.

The Turing Test: Did I mention Datisi loves WIFOM? That man might have been born an alcoholic by how much of it he drinks! The twist in this game was that instead of a nightkill, the mafia would put up two players for judgement and everyone would then vote on who is the mafia out of the two players. Unluckily I was dealt a mafia rolecard and I had to figure out a way to present choices to the town that would remove powerful town voices while still somehow getting the town to believe these strong voices were mafia. It was quite a balance and a lot of fun to play. Dats was an excellent mod and kept me company in the scum PT.

In addition to all these creative game ideas - Datisi also hosts some of the best Normal games on the site;

Large Normal 240: Baileyposting: A normal game built around a loyal vigilante who is out to hunt his own teammates and a dastardly mafia doctor who is trying to stop him from killing the innocent. This wasn't as funny as the previous games in this post but the lengths that both sides went to throw this game back and forth at each other was quite entertaining to watch.

Mini Normal 2262: A normal game with a backup vigilante with no real vigilante because Datisi doesn't like his millers to know that they are millers. A great read, back and forth action and a nailbiting finish at the end.

And on top of all these great games - he even hosts opens and infuses them with some of his own unique flavor;

Moderator of the Discord Server[Guardians of the Fortress]: The best flavor text I have ever read in a mafia game. This game had me laughing so hard I thought I would literally die. If you read any of these games for fun, pick this one, click on Datisi's ISO and enjoy.

PYP XY SS: I played in this one. Memorable for the scum team accidentally all picking the same role and the town team deciding to torture Datisi with theorizing over whether we should eliminate the last scum or kill all the vanilla townies for style points.

Lastly I just want to say how much I appreciate the time, effort and care that Datisi puts into properly formatting all of his games. It's just pleasant to have games that have the aesthetic feel of looking like they weren't slapped together haphazardly - his formatting is so good that some lazier mods on this site have begun shamelessly stealing from him.

Finally here are some of my favorite pictures he has included in his flavor:

Spoiler: #10

Spoiler: #9

Spoiler: #8

Spoiler: #7

Spoiler: #6

Spoiler: #5

Spoiler: #4

Spoiler: #3

Spoiler: #2

Spoiler: #1