Dum
Dum
Townie
Dum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #0) » Wed May 19, 2021 12:22 am

Post by Dum »

Hello! First time playing mafia (on this site) so if i mess up, im sorry in advance.

VOTE: navigatorv
Dum
Dum
Townie
Dum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Wed May 19, 2021 4:20 am

Post by Dum »

In post 27, Salsabil Faria wrote:
In post 24, Dum wrote:Hello! First time playing mafia (on this site) so if i mess up, im sorry in advance.

VOTE: navigatorv
Hi!
Did you play forum mafia before on different sites?
Forum mafia, no, but i played a lot of IRL mafia before covid and play a lot of real time mafia styled games (Town of salem is/Mafia.gg are good examples). i just overall enjoy mystery games, figuring stuff out is fun
Dum
Dum
Townie
Dum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #2) » Wed May 19, 2021 11:32 pm

Post by Dum »

I dont like anything about that Bandwagon, i dont think the scumread is solid enought to have 3 votes being put on it that fast, especially considering the first vote was a reaction test. I REALLY dislike how fast votes 2 and 3 hopped on that, and i think at least 1 scum voted that. Also ther person i voted for still hasant talked so either they are unaware the game start, unable to play the game yesterday for whatever reason, or just mega scummy for coasting along a entire day
Dum
Dum
Townie
Dum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (isolation #3) » Thu May 20, 2021 3:17 am

Post by Dum »

In post 47, navigatorv wrote:What are you talking about? Didn't you vote for me?
Awkard moment incoming: i forgot to change my vote

sorry

VOTE: dsjstr
Dum
Dum
Townie
Dum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (isolation #4) » Fri May 21, 2021 6:28 am

Post by Dum »

Alright, so im going to be pretty inactive for the weekend, im having my grandma over, and wont have time to do much other than read up on the new posts before going to sleep, so here are my toughs organized in a little text for your convinience

Town Reads:

1-
navigatorv. As of right now, everything they have done looks extremely townie to me, especially with the reads they have been posting (Wich i mostly agree with).

Not so townie reads

1-
Monkey. Now, from what i gather, monkey just has a very aggressive (no offense) personality, so im not surprised by their "hostile" posts, and do not think it should be taken as a sign of being scum or not, nor do i think reaction testing would be particullary effective to measure that. However, i really, and let me stress this
REALLY
dislike how fast monkey jumped into the micc bandwagon, immeadiatly putting Micc at E-1 right after joining. and Their passive aggressive comment when voting Micc
Show us how to react to pressure, Mic
doesnt help their case either, but could be attributed to scum, or just to their aggressive persona. (In their defense, they did unvote shortly after, but that doesnt mean a lot to IMO)

2-
Micc. Oh boi, this is gonna be a long one. Now, i went diving into some old-ish posts by Micc including a game he modded, tryin to look for a way to explain the "overexplaining" some are using to call then scum. From what i can tell (And that is not much, im not a psychic) Micc uses this kind of phrasing when in a "Important function (aka modding a game). Now, since they are NOT modding this game, i can come up with a few different explanations.

1-As a SE in a newbie game, they are trying to help new players by epxlaining everything carefully, so they can better understand the game and have fun. This would make sense and not be a reason for a scumread

2-Alternatively, they might also be a important town role (PR), and are trying to "lead" the town. Not really confident in this one, since im not sure if "leading" is a thing in forum mafia as it is in ToS or IRL mafia. Not too sure about this.

3-They are simply scum trying to mask that fact (and arguably doing a bad job at it) by overexplaining and blending in by looking helpfull. Is this possible? yes, not denying it. is it likely? as of right now, no, option 1 is more likely from my POV.

Scumreads

None, as of right now

Wrapping up

So with all that in mind, my vote is

VOTE: Micc

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND, I AM PUTTING MICC AT E-1. DO NOT VOTE THIS WITHOUT A VERY GOOD REASON, OR YOU WILL HAMMER MICC AND LOOK VERY SCUMMY IN THE PROCESS

Now, i realize this is a very controversial vote, and probably granted me so scum points, and goes against a lot i said in this posts, but i have my reasons for it, and im gonna have to just ask ya all to trust me on this one.

PS:I will still be actively reading and replying for the rest of the day, if anyone has anything to say to me
Dum
Dum
Townie
Dum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (isolation #5) » Fri May 21, 2021 6:33 am

Post by Dum »

Extra stuff:

I forgot to mention jackson last post. I dont really have a lot for you. They just went from silent to chatty for no reason. Honestly, no opnion on that for me, there is probbaly a very acceptable IRL explanation for it. Or they are just scum. who knows. i sure as heck dont.
Dum
Dum
Townie
Dum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (isolation #6) » Fri May 21, 2021 9:28 am

Post by Dum »

Alright, here we go

As some of you may recall last post i made a big deal about Micc being at E-1 etc etc dont hammer or sus bla bla bla. Im sure you got the memo. I also told you guys to trust me on my hypocritical micc vote.

I think its about time i clear this up. That vote was a gamble to put micc at "E-1". I was gambling on someone reading that not actually counting votes for themselves and taking my word for it. Time to cash in on it, and hop im not completly wrong about this.

As i mentioned in my previous analisis, i DO NOT THINK Micc is scum enought to warrant a bandwagon that big to form that fast on them (especially when my singular town read didint vote it). So i decided to see if someone would take the bait and "Hammer" micc.
With that being said,

VOTE: Orctin

Now, there are a few caviats.

For one, this might just be TvT, and both lynchs are wrong. Or maybe orctini legitmatly belives a Micc role reveal will be beneficial (Wich i cant say i would find too bad myself). But i dont think that is thats the case, and im going with my gut here. Lets just hope it doesnt missfire horribily
Dum
Dum
Townie
Dum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (isolation #7) » Fri May 21, 2021 9:30 am

Post by Dum »

(or maybe im just a big sheep, but lets not talk about that)
Dum
Dum
Townie
Dum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (isolation #8) » Fri May 21, 2021 10:13 am

Post by Dum »

In post 118, Micc wrote:Ok, but did you think your vote was the hammer or did you know it was only 4th vote?
Yes, please answer
Dum
Dum
Townie
Dum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (isolation #9) » Fri May 21, 2021 12:29 pm

Post by Dum »

In post 121, navigatorv wrote:I gotta say, that play by Dum was definitely unexpected and the analysis was fairly well done. Unfortunately, I don't think taking the bait means anything; it relies on whoever it is not paying attention to the events of the thread which I don't see most of the active players doing, scum or otherwise. The rules at the beginning also said we have to state our intent to hammer on vote 5, which he didn't do. As far as I can tell, the trap did little to tell us about orctin, but did reveal a trickier side to Dum (though whether that will backfire or not remains to be seen).

There's the possibility that Micc and Dum are scum trying to protect each other, but it's just as likely that they could be town, so frustratingly enough this did little to change my mind about the current circumstances; there's just too many possibilities with little to weigh things in anyone's favor.
I wont deny the possibility of Micc having me sheeped, but for now, even IF orctin KNEW they werent hammering, i still find it sus they hopped back into the wagon right after i voted. My point remains for now
Dum
Dum
Townie
Dum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (isolation #10) » Fri May 21, 2021 11:41 pm

Post by Dum »

Alright, so seeing how the only person i had a town read on, just voted me, i think its fair i make a defense before going silent for the weekend.

First of all, his 1st argument completly relies on me being scum to make sense, by saying my little attempt at a trap, was a way to put heat on a townie. Is that possible? Yes. But just like i said in my analisis on Micc, while that is a possibility its way more likely that its simply aa normal bait.

Now onto his second argument.

Sorry to burst your bubble buddy, but if you think i put you as my SINGULAR TOWN READ, because i wanted you to vouch for me, you give yourself too much importance. The only reason that post even exists (wich you failed to mention when acusing me) was that i was going to be inactive for the weekend (wich im still going to, i just felt the need to write this). Oh yeah, and not only that, but i find it pretty funny you completly swinged opnions, coviniently during a time i wouldnt be able to defend myself properly.

With that being said, these "swings" in opinion could maybe be part of your personality, i cant know for sure without seeing town games you played in the past, wich dont exist. So for now, i just watch and wait, i guess.
Dum
Dum
Townie
Dum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (isolation #11) » Sat May 22, 2021 5:37 am

Post by Dum »

In post 152, navigatorv wrote:
In post 148, Dum wrote:Alright, so seeing how the only person i had a town read on, just voted me, i think its fair i make a defense before going silent for the weekend.

First of all, his 1st argument completly relies on me being scum to make sense, by saying my little attempt at a trap, was a way to put heat on a townie. Is that possible? Yes. But just like i said in my analisis on Micc, while that is a possibility its way more likely that its simply aa normal bait.

Now onto his second argument.

Sorry to burst your bubble buddy, but if you think i put you as my SINGULAR TOWN READ, because i wanted you to vouch for me, you give yourself too much importance. The only reason that post even exists (wich you failed to mention when acusing me) was that i was going to be inactive for the weekend (wich im still going to, i just felt the need to write this). Oh yeah, and not only that, but i find it pretty funny you completly swinged opnions, coviniently during a time i wouldnt be able to defend myself properly.

With that being said, these "swings" in opinion could maybe be part of your personality, i cant know for sure without seeing town games you played in the past, wich dont exist. So for now, i just watch and wait, i guess.
I'd like to point out that I myself admitted that my theories could be false, they were just the things that made the most sense in my brain based on what's occurred so far.
The only reason for my second argument was because I was the
only
person you thought was town. It seemed odd since I didn't think I was acting any more or less suspicious than someone like orctin or NinjaStore.
As for me swinging opinions, I'm the type that when presented with new information tries to modify their own opinions. You've been acting increasingly suspicious as time goes on and I'm not the only one to notice.
The timing had nothing to do with you being gone, if you paid attention to my interactions with Jackson you should've seen that I initially was going to wait until you got back to consider voting for you. Their argument convinced me that it would be prudent to vote now and wait to see your reaction. Seems you don't do well under pressure.
Greetings. I re-read the posts, including your chat with jack, and yes, i missed that. Sorry if i came off as very agressive. And its not that you are the "only person i think is town" you are the only perosn i would bet on being town. I still have others on the "not quite town reads" zone where im not really confortable betting on it yet.
Dum
Dum
Townie
Dum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (isolation #12) » Wed May 26, 2021 6:59 am

Post by Dum »

+2 town points to navgatorv for the post above.
Dum
Dum
Townie
Dum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #472 (isolation #13) » Fri May 28, 2021 7:54 am

Post by Dum »

Making this pos just to say im still alive (and keeping up with the thread) just not posting a whole lot because of IRL stuff. Will try to post more on the weekend
Dum
Dum
Townie
Dum
Townie
Townie

Post Post #496 (isolation #14) » Sat May 29, 2021 7:19 am

Post by Dum »

Fine. Im personally neutral about this (aka dont really care if it dies or not) but since ya all already decided, might as well speed it up

VOTE: Fizz Raab