Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (isolation #0) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:37 pm

Post by Zyla »

Hello all! I'm currently reading through, but I'll let you know my thoughts when I'm caught up!
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #842 (isolation #1) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:27 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 784, JamesTheNames wrote:What in the world is this?
In post 374, orctin wrote:so far i had a town read on you and would only vote to elim you if it was a general concensious of the group.
How is this a town read? I don't understand how you could eliminate a town read just because its a general consensus. If you're TOWN and you are convinced or believe STRONGLY that somebody is town, why would you eliminate them? It makes no sense. You should try and avoid a mis-elimination and to get one of your scum reads eliminated.

Orctin you're definitely not Town.
I haven't been replying to most posts individually since this was just a first read through, but this stuck out to me

If you are 90% sure that someone is town, but the choice is them or no elimination it's better to have the 10% chance to elim a scum than to guarantee the only kill until the next day to be town (from the nk), so I can see that as being a decent strategy
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #843 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:30 pm

Post by Zyla »

Ok, so, most of these are gut reads because I am definitely going to have to re-read this thread tomorrow, but

Nav and Unwnd I feel pretty confident as town
Super has seemed town pretty far, but tbh, I may just like her personality
catboi's slot was looking a bit suspicious, but is being redeemed slowly
James I'm really unsure about, and the fact that their slot claimed scum in the first page is not helping.
Orctin had been null-scum for a while, but the recent posts make me feel that it's better safe than sorry

So, VOTE: Orctin
E-1

I like to ask a question with votes, especially important ones, so
Who are your top 2 town reads right now?
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 837, Super wrote:also hi Zyla :3
Hello =^^=
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #892 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:22 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 848, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 842, Zyla wrote:
In post 784, JamesTheNames wrote:I don't understand how you could eliminate a town read just because its a general consensus. If you're TOWN and you are convinced or believe STRONGLY that somebody is town, why would you eliminate them? It makes no sense. You should try and avoid a mis-elimination and to get one of your scum reads eliminated.
-snip-
Yea no.

When he posted it there were still roughly 2 days, so the timing made no sense for one. Also if you are 90% sure that someone is town, which of the following do you think would be best:
1) Try to pressure someone else and get someone you aren't 90% certain is town hammered.
2) No Elimination
3) Hammer the town where in your eyes has a- I'll write it in English instead of the Arabic symbols- has a NINETY PERCENT chance to turn town.

You may notice I did it in the most logical order, they aren't random, its best to worst. From town eyes, if you genuinely think somebody has a 90% chance of being town, for you, it is wiser to not hammer anybody than to hammer the town read. 2 in 7 vs 2 in 8. From your eyes you are basically sure someone is town, why wouldn't you want to go into day 2 with 6 town 2 scum, and knowing with good odds (in your eyes) who is also town.

I also find it bizarre that you picked this one thing over everything else you could have picked up on.
To clarify, what I was meaning to reply to is the portion I have quoted now, and I'm not replying to Orctin's case, but this type of situation in general. I've seen a lot of people agree that no-elims are bad, and they've even had data to back it up. But the thing is, if enough other people thought they were scum to give you the chance to hammer them, what's to stop those same players from eliminating them the next day? Then you're guaranteed to have lost a town player from the Night killing, and yet you're back at the same place. (Also, if everyone thinks they're scum but you, sometimes it's good to take another look at your reads)
In post 851, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 843, Zyla wrote:snip
hi, thanks for liking my personality :P
can you explain these reads for me a little bit - why do you see Navi and Unwnd as town?
why was catboi looking suspicious? did you have any reads on his previous slot Jackson?
you think scum would outwardly claim it in the first page? (I haven't actually seen this post by James I might go look)
Navi just in general seemed to have a pro-town mindset, and had good posts overall
Unwnd I had good vibes from as HEM, so most of it is on the slot more than Unwnd
As far as catboi, the suspicion was mostly on Jackson, catboi is seeming more town to me
Honestly I might've misread it the first time around, but the
way
she said she was scum was scummier the act itself to me. (Either way, even as a joke it seems like anti-town behavior, if not scummy)
In post 867, orctin wrote:Vanilla Townie

I fought for last few days answer everyone interrogations and question, explained my positioned - pointed out that the Night 1 killing of Johnny didn't fit with me as scum as i was after Micc/Johnny for most all of Day 1. Seems no matter my response it just gets twisted to mean something else instead of what i meant. I've noting the sudden flipping of voting from others who when a player gets swapped in, suddenly starts voting elsewhere instead of sticking with their reads, yes question me cause my reads are up to their liking.

I've tried to defend myself best i can, and have gotten nowhere. I've noted pairings for yall, so when i flip town i suggest you look harder at those pairs cause next day you cant afford to miss eliminate.
If you are town, we can look back at the things you've said under a different light. But I'm not interested in your scum-pairings atm since you didn't answer my question
Who are your top 2 town reads?
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #894 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:01 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 851, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 843, Zyla wrote:Ok, so, most of these are gut reads because I am definitely going to have to re-read this thread tomorrow, but

Nav and Unwnd I feel pretty confident as town
Super has seemed town pretty far, but tbh, I may just like her personality
catboi's slot was looking a bit suspicious, but is being redeemed slowly
James I'm really unsure about, and the fact that their slot claimed scum in the first
few
page
(s)
is not helping.
Misremembered that bit, whoops

Orctin had been null-scum for a while, but the recent posts make me feel that it's better safe than sorry

So, VOTE: Orctin
E-1

I like to ask a question with votes, especially important ones, so
Who are your top 2 town reads right now?
So, lets summarise these reads shall we?

Nav - Town
Unwnd - Town
Super - Town
Catboi - Null
James -
Null-Scum

Orctin - Scum-Lean
for most of the game, now Scum

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Done

3 Town Reads
2 Null Reads
1 Scum LEAN

Personally, I find this strange, probably due to no reasonings, but regardless.
Considering the one thing you decided to comment on was basically a defence of Orctin, along with him as a "Null-Scum" read, seriously strikes me as being off.
You're acting reluctant to Scum read Orctin, without even giving us any reason for bad vibes from him. You picked up something for an "unsure about" read, but not for your main scum read? How Bizarre.
Note the "had been", I almost wholeheartedly believe Orctin is Scum at this point, as for the others you mostly got it correct except you overestimated the "null" bit when it came to you.
Also, in general, I tend to have stronger town reads than scum reads, to me it just makes sense
Touched on this above, but that wasn't about
Orctin
not being scummy, it was about preferring a possible town elimination to no-elimination not being scummy

I'm not giving you options to E-1 "pressure" Orctin with easy questions to get out of suspicions. Not to mention when it is work-out-able who his town reads are.
I don't like combining a read with a slot's predecessor, but I'm pretty certain you/NinjaStore and Orctin are a scum pair.
I'm not saying that I'll think he's town once he gives his town reads, I'm saying I want to know his town reads. And the
only
time I'm going to try to "work out" someone's reads instead of getting them to tell me is if they've already been NK'd or Elim'd.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:35 am

Post by Zyla »

This has been a long day for y'all, and most of us seem content on getting rid of Orctin, so if no one has anything left to say, it might be better to end the day now (before anyone else has a chance to replace out, lmao) and eliminate Orctin, especially since he doesn't seem like he wants to answer my question
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (isolation #7) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:48 pm

Post by Zyla »

So I guess that means that Noraa, Unwnd, and Super are our major suspects, but we've got a 1/3rd chance of being in a game with a mafia-roleblocker (and jailkeeper), so I guess I'm not 100% ruled out? (I mean, I am town, but I'm not confirmed yet I guess)
But I'm down for trusting James if no one else claims
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #939 (isolation #8) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:56 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 933, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 932, Zyla wrote:So I guess that means that Noraa, Unwnd, and Super are our major suspects, but we've got a 1/3rd chance of being in a game with a mafia-roleblocker (and jailkeeper), so I guess I'm not 100% ruled out? (I mean, I am town, but I'm not confirmed yet I guess)
Even if mafia roleblocked you N2, you're still town here.
It's more if mafia or JK targeted
you
, as you wouldn't have any meaningful result
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #941 (isolation #9) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:18 pm

Post by Zyla »

Well, I guess now we wait to see what Super says
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (isolation #10) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:06 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 962, Noraa wrote:The other good thing is that we now know that scum have a role blocker.
If our JK targeted someone other than Zyla last night, then we know that scum role blocked Zyla and zyla is conftown.
So if that's what happened last night, mass claim should happen probably?
If that's not what happened and our JK JK'ed Zyla,
wait. ig another possibility is that James was blocked. Shit I didn't think about that.
No, if James got "No result", that means it was he who got Jailed, if I were jailed, he'd've gotten that I didn't go anywhere. It had to have been that one of the blockers targeted
james
Also, if I'm not mistaken, jailing prevents kills as well as being killed, so if we're lucky, the mafia blocked james and the jailer blocked someone else, as that other person would be confirmed town

PEdit: NewD3 states that Mafia blocks Jailkeeper from acting, and Mafia kills as normal
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #971 (isolation #11) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:18 pm

Post by Zyla »

Oh, yeah, I guess that would be true. You're confirmed, the jailkeeper would be confirmed, and whoever they targeted would be confirmed since they couldn't've killed if they were jailed, leaving only two options.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (isolation #12) » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 975, Super wrote:wait so was James roleblocked?
From what he's saying about his results that's what it sounds like, yeah
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1008 (isolation #13) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:53 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 937, unwnd wrote:I don't see any mechanical inconsistentcies with James' claim
In post 990, unwnd wrote:You're not a JK super? I don't think Zyla as the JK would just go along with what James said, or wouldn't point out the mech contradiction. If I'm a JK and someone claims I didn't go anywhere (and I was the one who JKed them so I know it's not true) I would want to clarify. Zyla didn't do that though, she just accepted it at face value and nothing else.
Spoiler:
In post 939, Zyla wrote:
In post 933, JamesTheNames wrote:
In post 932, Zyla wrote:So I guess that means that Noraa, Unwnd, and Super are our major suspects, but we've got a 1/3rd chance of being in a game with a mafia-roleblocker (and jailkeeper), so I guess I'm not 100% ruled out? (I mean, I am town, but I'm not confirmed yet I guess)
Even if mafia roleblocked you N2, you're still town here.
It's more if mafia or JK targeted
you
, as you wouldn't have any meaningful result

I did see a possible inconsistency and point it out, so I'm not sure what you're getting at here
In post 957, Noraa wrote:And now its also outted that our second pr is a JKer. WONDERFUL.
This is just going amazing.
To be fair, as soon as James said he was tracker, Mafia already knew the second PR, only A2 would fit the criteria for Mafia RB and Town Tracker. James' claim might not have been
perfect
ly thought out, but it gave town more info than it gave scum
In post 959, Noraa wrote:I previously got something mixed up btw,
I thought Super replaced the monkey for some reason. But since she replaced Dom, im locktowning that asap. I had reservations about the monkey's alignment
So last scum is Zyla or Unwnd. This game is solved.
Solved would be having the info to
know
the two possible scum, this doesn't account for you, and it's based on a read of super, not info. (Making it 4 possibilities when we need 2)
In post 986, Super wrote:zyla are you townnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
I am town, and I will claim vanilla

RN my biggest two suspects are Noraa and Unwnd
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1010 (isolation #14) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:09 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 1009, JamesTheNames wrote:UNVOTE: Noraa
VOTE: Zyla
?
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1011 (isolation #15) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 5:37 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 1009, JamesTheNames wrote:UNVOTE: Noraa
VOTE: Zyla
What's making you think that I am scummy? As far as I can tell, scum!Zyla would've gone with the fact that she was confirmed town rather than pointing out the reason why she might not be town, it seems a bit weird of a gambit to point it out
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (isolation #16) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 9:54 am

Post by Zyla »

Welp, I think we got about as much discussion from that as we're going to get, so here's the new info drop:
I'm the Jailkeeper, and I targeted James last night, which is why he got "no result".
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (isolation #17) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:14 am

Post by Zyla »

Oh, also, forgot to mention, this one's up in the air to if it matters, but apparently my slot targeted Unwnd's slot n1, so unless mafia RB targeted me that night, Unwnd didn't commit that night's kill (but Orctin may have)
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (isolation #18) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 11:53 am

Post by Zyla »

Hm. if we can all agree on one person that's towny enough out of the three of you, we could eliminate the 2 remaining people in order I suppose. But if we mis-elim it's ELo
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1070 (isolation #19) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 12:54 pm

Post by Zyla »

Honestly, I was thinking Super
The fact that Ninja Jailed Unwnd could easily be a non-issue, mafia rbing ninja, orctin doing the kill n1, etc.
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1073 (isolation #20) » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:09 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 1072, Noraa wrote:
In post 1070, Zyla wrote:Honestly, I was thinking Super
The fact that Ninja Jailed Unwnd could easily be a non-issue, mafia rbing ninja, orctin doing the kill n1, etc.
I'm not sure what that has to do with super being towny. Can you elaborate?
The fact that they were jailed one of the nights
could've
been a tell that they were town as being scum would mean a 50/50 chance of no kill that night. So I'm meaning that because it's NAI he isn't above her in towniness
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (isolation #21) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:44 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 1083, Noraa wrote:
In post 1079, Super wrote:Nora cares so much about Zyla's read on me
Zyla will be alive tomorrow whereas James will not.
I must know if Zyla trusts me because if she doesn't and you are scum, town loses the game due to this fact. Is that hard to understand?
Why do you say that?
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1089 (isolation #22) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:54 am

Post by Zyla »

I don't follow the logic to why one of us would be better NK material than the other
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1091 (isolation #23) » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:42 am

Post by Zyla »

Ah, gotcha
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1107 (isolation #24) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:42 am

Post by Zyla »

In post 908, Cabd wrote:
With five players alive, it will take 3 votes to eliminate somebody.

Day Three begins now and will last for 7 days:
(expired on 2021-06-19 21:20:26)
We've got a while still
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (isolation #25) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:36 am

Post by Zyla »

VOTE: Unwnd Honestly, I'm agreeing with noraa, you seem to have completely given up, which seems weird for town considering the high chance of a town win at this point.

I still haven't decided on tomorrow's elim though, so we'll have to see
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1155 (isolation #26) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:23 pm

Post by Zyla »

GG All!
This was certainly an... interesting game, even with the limited part I was here :lol:
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1166 (isolation #27) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:32 pm

Post by Zyla »

Unwnd, I'm curious, did orc carry out the first nk, or did you just happen to target my slot the night you were targeted?
Either way, I'm glad I looked past that, because otherwise town would've been doomed

Also, to everyone who replaced out, I think y'all did a pretty good job setting us up, and I hope I get the chance to play a game with you later on

And thanks for hosting Cabd, the flavor was really fun to read!
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1172 (isolation #28) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:43 pm

Post by Zyla »

Noraa, your PT is beautiful, I'm enjoying reading it
(idk why stream of consciousness is so fun to read)

Honestly, I was mostly surprised that Unwnd seemed so defeated when we were close to winning, I was pretty sure that Unwnd was town until that point, due to the fact that my predecessor jailed that slot, so if it weren't for that I probably wouldn't have realized Unwnd was scum
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1173 (isolation #29) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by Zyla »

In post 1167, Cabd wrote:Flavor for the day start and day end will get edited in later but it's not MY flavor, it's my wife's, who is also the backup mod.
In that case, still thank you for running the game
And thank you Penguin Alien for the flavor, 'twas delicious
Zyla
Zyla
Goon
Zyla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1175 (isolation #30) » Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:59 pm

Post by Zyla »

Nice! It's always cool when you meet good people through forums

In post 1164, NinjaStore wrote:gg all. I guess I'm kind of bad at reading people.
See, you say this, but you targeted Scum n1! If HEM had targeted anyone else, that would've made for a really easy case against them, so gg on that one!