Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 2:13 am

Post by Shrek »

ello pavowski ello zyla

ello all the people ive never met

my role claim is vanillia townie now excuse me while i read back on the thread and see everything thats happened
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #576 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:16 am

Post by Shrek »

In post 570, marcistar wrote:
In post 568, Shrek wrote:ello pavowski ello zyla

ello all the people ive never met

my role claim is vanillia townie now excuse me while i read back on the thread and see everything thats happened
hihi :eek: do u always start off with a roleclaim or did u feel like u needed to claim..?
portia is being grilled and i would also prefer to eat the nightkill as a vt than an important power role. i have less of a problem claiming with vt since i know i dont have any useful abilities to start off with anyways and i feel like portia needs something to pull them out of the hole since theyd have to claim sooner or later anyway. best to get it outta the way now
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:18 am

Post by Shrek »

basically idc whether or not people know im vt and i dont really see the downside in it except for maybe the fact that its such an easy claim anyway. i dont always claim immediately but i tend to be a bit more open with my role regardless
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:50 am

Post by Shrek »

because im an incredible gamer who should be eliminated asap if the mafia want to win. #1 scumhunter in the making yo

also theres always the possibility that im a power role claiming to be vanilla town to avoid being nightkilled in the first place. so who knows whether or not it would reduce the mafia poe? vt is the easiest claim in the book and its also always the best claim barring a few special circumstances. so me claiming vt really doesnt mean much to begin with, because i could literally be any role including vt. also i just hopped into the game i havent gotten my line of thought in order after my last game as a traffic analyst who was under threat of being nightkilled so idk. im still reading through the thread so gimme a hot minute
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:45 am

Post by Shrek »

VOTE: Not_Mafia

regardless of whether or not his playstyle is just to be ‘hard to read’, that doesnt mean he can be excused from giving his current thoughts on the situation. looking through his iso he really doesnt have any meaningful contributions at all so id like him to come forth and like. talk more
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #590 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:24 am

Post by Shrek »

In post 585, alstroemerial wrote:@NM, why?

Shrek, do you have any general thoughts on the Luke v Val dialogue?
well it dominated the start of the game i think? i really dont see a mafia being willing to engage themselves in a feud and draw attention for that long. youd think at one point one of them would have dropped it way earlier than it went on for but they just kept going. i think that val comes out of it looking worse because he tried to explain away his nm sus as 'not serious' which is a little weird to look at so i have him lower than luke, but otherwise i think it might generally be tvt.
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #591 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:30 am

Post by Shrek »

alternatively luke self voting and death tunneling val is kinda like. bad. especially if hes wrong about val. if hes town and val is town then we will literally be put in lylo which is. not good
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:21 pm

Post by Shrek »

quick note: miselimming a townie is usually a bad thing. i still dont know why nms strategy of being unreadable is a good idea to begin with, but i suppose the inner machinations of his mind are an enigma
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:30 pm

Post by Shrek »

also i still think that one of luke/val should be flipped in the future just for safe measures. i would say val if i had to pick because it seems like most of his content from the debacle is backpedaling and saying it wasnt serious but luke has reasons to be sus too
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:15 pm

Post by Shrek »

i dont want to necessarily lim one of them today but assuming later on in the game both of them are still alive i wouldnt be comfortable with keeping them both. there are reasons as to why their feud came off as tvt (both of them tunneling each other), but that's just the reason i perceive the feud as something along those lines rather than actively saying 'both luke and val are confirmed town' from that. like realistically if luke is town he wouldnt self vote right? doing that is inherently detrimental to the town as a whole. then on the flip side val was way too defensive about his previous statements in an attempt to paint them as not serious. like i said no lim today but maybe later its something to consider if theyre both still alive
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #615 (isolation #10) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:39 am

Post by Shrek »

im fine with being miselimmed if it means that itll help people narrow their poe down when it comes to a more pressing situation where they need to focus specifically on the alignments. i would heavily recommend against it though because of a couple reasons:

1. im town. miselimming me, even if its more favorable than one of the other prevailing wagons, means that two townies are dead and itll be down to 5v2. also not attempting to preserve myself is a big no no in the first place
2. even if having a more narrow process of elimination due to the sus people being eliminated down the line is an objectively good thing, i still give out a lot more information than someone like, say, n_m and will continue to do so as the game progresses. youve already got my claim and my input on things. even if i am hedging the more information the better, since thats a big chunk of what decisions should be rationalized with. right now my vote is staying on n_m though because i want him to contribute more than a few words whenever hes mentioned
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:40 am

Post by Shrek »

also you shouldnt let me replacing in deter you from voting for me if you really think i am scum. im personally fine with it because i dont take these games too seriously in the first place. i dont get salty very easily at all and youll find im really chill when it comes to this stuff. so if you are hesitant because i replaced in then know im totally cool with you making the decision you think is best
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 8:56 am

Post by Shrek »

In post 617, marcistar wrote:shrek do u think not_mafias scum or r u just voting him to get out the unhelpful person?
i mean he literally gives no information so how am i supposed to determine if hes scummy or not
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:02 am

Post by Shrek »

anyways my remaining reads are as follows:

umlaut: VERY pro-town and goes in-depth on certain posts and coherently explains his reasoning on certain subjects such as his intro post. i really think that he's a town member or at least a very experienced mafia and i would not want to eliminate him anytime soon

alstro and pavowski: i think alstro actually has high teammate equity with pavowski. i feel like alstro is trying to go for the easy miselim by not involving himself too too much in any ongoing discussion beyond a push on a slot that was already being sussed, while pavowski has been taking the whole laid-back route which i find to be a common mafia strategy. him voting not_mafia seems like he's angling for another miselim and easy vote early on that looks kind of sus to me

marci: reading through the thread early on i kind of got a weird vibe from her, like she was detached from the game and only contributing surface-level stuff to feign involvement. but as time has gone on i think that that's just her playstyle, and she's making an active effort to scumhunt throughout the game in a pro-town fashion. she COULD be isolating herself from the drama to lay low like pavowski so im not entirely sure, but still

zyla: zyla is playing very similarly to the mini game that we were in that we just played previously, but otherwise there's nothing that really stands out about her. i feel like she's got that same distant playstyle that she adheres to, and she kind of strikes me as someone that's overtly null more than anything else

anyways, here's my list

town:
shrek
umlaut

null town:
zyla
marci

null:
val
luke

null scum:
pavowski

scum:
alstro
n_m
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (isolation #14) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:03 am

Post by Shrek »

to clarify on the pavowski end i feel like in our last game together even if he got elimmed on d1, he was a lot more proactive and forward than this which is weird for a change in playstyle so suddenly.
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (isolation #15) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:04 am

Post by Shrek »

if n_m is scum i think that pavowski probably looks a lot better by the way, but if he's town i dont think it'll impact my stance
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (isolation #16) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:08 am

Post by Shrek »

wait a second i misremembered shit hold on. im a fucken dumbass
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (isolation #17) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:14 am

Post by Shrek »

ebwop pavowski actually looks a lot better reading back on his iso specifically because he seems to preserve not mafia for now? like i legitimately dont see a mafia member sticking their neck out for him assuming he is town which is a good thing. that said if nm does flip mafia here it obviously would make pavowski look bad in retrospect and he has to know that. maybe mafia is protecting nm though still intends to lynch him later down the line to get town cred? if that makes any sense at all. i also misremembered it was zyla going for the n_m elim which is a little shady but she's been contributing a lot otherwise.

right now i dont want a n_m elim because i entirely think he's scum, i just feel like it will shed a lot of light on how people have been acting around him. ex: those who have been pushing him might look a lot more suspicious in hindsight if he does flip town whereas those sticking their neck out for him will look weird if he's town. it's still best to get a controversial person out first whether that's me or n_m to begin with since anti-town people only make it more difficult for the town to vote correctly down the line.

new reads order:
town:
shrek
umlaut

null town:
marci
pavowski

null:
val
luke

null scum:
zyla

scum:
alstro
n_m
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (isolation #18) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:14 am

Post by Shrek »

actually bump zyla up to true null there. idk if i have any other real sus with basis beyond alstro and nm
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:31 am

Post by Shrek »

In post 637, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 635, Umlaut wrote:That was E-1, right? ...right?

UNVOTE: Shrek

I actually like their reads post, not just because they call me hard-town (though that's probably part of it just because it surprised me a lot)
You mean the read list that I had to ask for, because they apparently felt no need to share any reads until asked?

Or that the self proclaimed #1 scum hunter ended on a "voting Not_Mafia even though I don't really think he is scum, just want to look at how people positioned around him"

Or the fact that his read list does not even match up to his stated reads?
Spoiler:
In post 632, Shrek wrote:right now i dont want a n_m elim because i entirely think he's scum
In post 632, Shrek wrote:scum:
alstro
n_m
Here we have N_M as the scummiest scum on the list, despite actually having given reasons to scum read Alstro
In post 590, Shrek wrote:
i think that val comes out of it looking worse
because he tried to explain away his nm sus as 'not serious' which is a little weird to look at so i have him lower than luke, but otherwise
i think it might generally be tvt
In post 628, Shrek wrote:null:
val
luke
Note here, that even though Shrek proclaimed to think it was tvt, neither one of us are listed as even lean town AND we are flipped compared to their read list

Because, personally I am struggling to pick my favorite part :facepalm:
my opinions change over time as i make an effort to go through isos
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:33 am

Post by Shrek »

In post 634, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 618, Lukewarm wrote:VOTE: shrek
VOTE: Shrek

look at us
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (isolation #21) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:35 am

Post by Shrek »

also to everyone on the fence right now i would at least encourage you to go through not_mafia's iso and check that first
Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (isolation #22) » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:00 am

Post by Shrek »

Shrek
Shrek
Goon
Shrek