joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by joqiza »

A bit about me, since I love talking about myself:

I play on EpicMafia. It's a live chat / browser mafia site, but we have a burgeoning forum community, too. I ended up liking forum maf to the point that I pretty much play it exclusively now.

I think my posting style can be--pretty spammy, honestly? I'm a product of my environment. Playing on MS feels like playing mafia in a country club, versus playing on EM, which feels like playing mafia in a back alley behind a seedy restaurant. On EM we meta constantly, we AtE, and there's usually at least one OGI incident or modkill per game. (I won't do any of that here.) No one knows how to host properly and we don't have any kind of setup review, so games are usually some kind of wild, unbalanced PR madness. It's really fun.

I have two game on MS, one on this acc (a scum game), and one on a hydra (a town game). The hydra's name is Oromis. I can also dig up plenty of EM games, if people want to see them. Tbh, I haven't gotten that much value out of metadiving people. But they're there, if other people want them.

Looking forward to playing with everyone.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:24 pm

Post by joqiza »

If that's what you consider a wall, you are not gonna like me this game.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by joqiza »

Something I've been thinking about. Is it possible to catch scum on page 1? Methodically, I mean. You can guess, of course, and sometimes you get it right. But over many games, can you beat rand? Based just off opening content?

6 of us have posted our bullshit opening lines. At least one is scum. Who is it? Is there even a way to tell?
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:02 pm

Post by joqiza »

Spoiler: My Guess, For Science
PenguinPower: T
Nona: T
BillyPilgrim: M
Lost: T
DongEmpire: T

(Which implicitly puts poor Kool-Aid-Man at M, despite having not said a single word.)

Total gut guesses. I'll revisit it at end of game. Is my "ehh this could be scum" feeling on the first page, indicative of anything above rand?

Of the T/M's I assigned, the only one I'm really thinking about rn, the only post where I was like: "Okay, this might actually have something," is PenguinPower's. Because it's kind of interesting. It means he was paying a decent amount of attention to . I'm not sure it means anything, like, I don't KNOW what it means, is it a towntell? A scumtell? A partner tell? A not!partner-tell? Idk, but there's a part of me that feels like it DOES mean something, if I was just smart enough to figure it out.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:16 pm

Post by joqiza »

In post 24, PenguinPower wrote:You write a lot.
Yes, I do.

UNVOTE:
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by joqiza »

Cuz it's a bit too early for E-1, imo.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by joqiza »

I don't know. I don't have a firm, rational framework of when someone should be wagoned or not. I just felt like the top of page 2 was early.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by joqiza »

I've seen lolhammers in the past, and I guess I could see the not-confirmed Player 7 / AFK stumbling back in and hammering. But that wasn't really a concern. I didn't think anyone would really hammer in a 7p.

More, the amount of votes just felt wrong. She said, "ego." It's not commensurate with three votes to me, not after 1 page.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:29 pm

Post by joqiza »

In post 37, PenguinPower wrote:Wonder what might have happened if she came back to that...
I'm not following the implication.

What do you think would have happened?
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:32 pm

Post by joqiza »

I think I'd prefer to find a scumread first, and then apply pressure, instead of the other way around. Or at least E-1 pressure. PR/VT tells are a thing too.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #11) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by joqiza »

When did I say anything about absent of questioning?
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #12) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by joqiza »

I can get a read on you right now but doing what we're doing here. I don't need to put you on E-1 to get clues to your alignment.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:23 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 65, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 40, joqiza wrote:I think I'd prefer to find a scumread first, and then apply pressure, instead of the other way around. Or at least E-1 pressure. PR/VT tells are a thing too.
So why just unvote and not vote me? You had said you thought I was scum based on my opening. Which I guess makes you a United supporter, but you just unvoted rather than voting me. Why?
I was thinking about voting you last night, but in the end didn't really feel the need to. I was pretty sure people were going to come back in here and react to the Page 2 content. A vote felt ceremonial.

RVS is still a bit awkward to me. We don't really do it so much on our home site. Rather, we ask each other questions and we vote when we feel something. I don't really scumread you yet. You just ended up being M when I put a gun to my own head.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (isolation #14) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:27 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 64, Donempire wrote:Joqiza seems town here, way too towny in fact. I'll have to think about this some more because the rapid fire responses seem planned. I dont know if its a PP joq pairing yet, but penguins questions feel weak and joqs seem too strong.
Dong, would you say you read my exchange with PP as SvS? That's the sense I'm getting from the way you've phrased your posts. Or is there a different way you're thinking about the interaction?
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #15) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:04 am

Post by joqiza »

I think I can see how the interaction could be viewed as weird. You are wrong, of course. But I wasn't sure how I felt about the interaction myself, from my side.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (isolation #16) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:14 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 64, Donempire wrote:Joqiza seems town here, way too towny in fact. I'll have to think about this some more because the rapid fire responses seem planned. I dont know if its a PP joq pairing yet, but penguins questions feel weak and joqs seem too strong.
In post 76, Donempire wrote: Thats what i mean. It seems unnatural to be asking such lightweight questions for pp in specific. Maybe im just being a contrarian. I dont buy the exchange, anyway.
In post 84, Donempire wrote: Not only is the wording weird, (who tf says absent of questioning) he speaks very confidently for something thats clearly rvs.
I'm not gonna dispute the way you've phrased some of this. "way too towny", "too strong", "very confidently". I appreciate your word choice. :mrgreen:

I think it's totally an interaction that could be seen as SvS, at surface level. We did basically show up in thread at the same time, exchange what amounted to a few pleasantries, talk about some game theory basically, and then PP outs a TR on me and we both leave. So I can see it in a way. (A bit too obvious, maybe. And I usually distance my partners.)

The only post I think is unfair is , because as PP already pointed out, that's me responding to him. I'm mirroring his language in order to make a point.

In general I think I'll end up having a "strong" and "confident" tone this game. (Self-serious could be another descriptor.) Someone once told me the vibes I give off are "confident with a twist of crazy."
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:20 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 93, Donempire wrote:I guess my read comes more from not having meta knowledge, but i guess someone coming from epic mafia would play like this.
Do you mean the way I've approached RVS so far, when you mean EM meta? Or do you mean something else?
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (isolation #18) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:25 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 93, Donempire wrote:On another note, i dont like penguin/lost/almost just tossing people into the town pile. I think its frankly too early to do anything like this and im sure at least one of them is scum. Town wouldnt, or at least shouldnt feel comfortable tossing everyone they see into townpile just 4 pages into a game.
PP and Lost both just TR me. That's one TR, not "tossing everyone they see into townpile." And I think was a joke.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:43 am

Post by joqiza »

I sort of TR Dong. Some of his posts are a stretch, but he's shaded over half the p-list already. He's burning a lot of early bridges if he's scum.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #20) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by joqiza »

I don't really see the harm in throwing out some early reads tbh. Based purely on rand every other player is already town with 66% certainty. It doesn't take that much additional data to form a townread. I can sort of vibe with the whole "constant vigilance" thing cuz I'm pretty cautious myself, but that stems more from me not liking being wrong. In terms of gameplay it's fine throwing out some early reads, as long as you stay open and re-evaluate as new information is presented.

I'd like to see Lost come back and... give some more takes on shit. Cuz rn he's just chilling on E-1.

Lastly, imma VOTE: Almost50. I don't know where his head's at. Give me something.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (isolation #21) » Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by joqiza »

Believe it or not, on my homesite I'm considered like the midrange in terms of post volume. I'm rarely the highest or near the highest. In EM games we can rack up 2,000 posts in a couple days, easy. Not trying to throw shade, just a different atmosphere. I'm not used to feeling like I have to drive content.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (isolation #22) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:10 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 111, Lost wrote:also can you better explain your read on billy
I don't have one. He turned up "M" in a gut-read exercise that I've been doing in my games recently. If I had to say why, it's probably because his opening line was addressing another player, in a way that felt like it might be comfy for scum. I don't actually put much stock into a page 1 read. I just posted it to get people talking about something. Start of the game felt anemic to me.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (isolation #23) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:22 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 116, Almost50 wrote:Btw, does me putting someone @E-1 mean anything to you?
Not really. I can't unvote this one since I'm not on the wagon. Arguably it is a non-associative but IMO surely if I were scum I'd take a chance to put my partner on E-1 early. I would rather get your takes on the interactions between players this game. Even gut reads can be helpful.

Am I interpreting correctly--you TR penguin? Why?
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #24) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:31 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 120, Lost wrote: what do you think of his posting recently? or rather, what do you think of his non page-1 posts?
In terms of just his posts, there hasn't been much to sway me on his alignment. He has some simple questioning. It doesn't do much for me. I don't know what any of his reads are yet. I assume he will share at some point, and at that point I can start trying to dissect him.

In terms of associatives, I made a note to myself to keep an eye on him/Nona. I don't necessarily think this is a viable team yet, just noticed some weird stuff. On phone now so posting is a pain but will elaborate more in a bit.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #25) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:34 am

Post by joqiza »

Ok let me just clarify that my came before I read BP's most recent post on Dong, so obviously he's letting us into his head a bit more now. Thinking about this now.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (isolation #26) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:38 am

Post by joqiza »

@BillyPilgrim

You're comparing Dong's behavior this game to previous town/scum games. Were you in those town games? Or did you just look them up yourself?
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #27) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:48 am

Post by joqiza »

The thing about Dong for me, is that, yeah I disagree with a lot of the logic of his posts. I think the SvS read on me/PP was pretty basic, and the 1+/3 pool read in pp/lost/almost was like, pretty contextless (to the point where he had to immediately walk it back to just lost).

Despite this, I just don't know that the way Dong plays is really how scum plays the opening. My man has not outed a single townread. He came in with a big brain 2/2 and then decided to shade lost and almost as well. I kind of stan the energy even if I disagree with the post content itself.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #28) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:56 am

Post by joqiza »

@Almost50 I'm confused by and . I don't really understand what you're saying there.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (isolation #29) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:57 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 149, Billy Pilgrim wrote: Why would you want to put your partner at E-1 early if youre scum?
Why would you not? Seems like an excellent move to me. Early wagons dissolve easily and scum can win this setup by building a sufficient non-associative with their partner.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (isolation #30) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:10 am

Post by joqiza »

BP ostensibly meta-diving Dong makes me feel a bit better about him. I'll have to think about it more. I've seen scum use meta to justify reads before, and I've done it myself, but not quite the way BP did it. And he seems generally concerned with making sure he's sorting players by player type correctly, such as in . I like that.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #31) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by joqiza »

I'm actually a bit loath to peel back my process, cuz once you out a tell it becomes less useful going forward. But this game is just moving too slowly for me so here's where my head's at in terms of associatives. Maybe this will get people discussing a bit more.

A word on the methodology for the table below. The odds of correctly guessing the scumteam, given no information other than rand, is 1/30, or 3.33%. The corresponding % of picking any two players and correctly stating that "these two are not the exact scumteam together" is then 96.66%. Basically, it's an easy read to make, and I usually wouldn't approach the game this way, but with only 6 players to sort, I think there actually is PoE value in approaching the game like this. There are only 15 possible scumteams one needs to consider--with some analysis, one can reduce that.

Note that this table is secondary to my individual reads on players. I still favor the "one-scum-at-a-time" approach, and I intend to eventually vote the player I scumread the most, on their own merit. Viable partnerships will factor in but will not be the ultimate decider.

Dark Green:
Some evidence that they are not scum together
Light Green:
No conclusion beyond rand (the light green color is chosen to indicate the high likelihood that they are not the exact scumteam just based on rand)
Yellow:
Keep an eye on / needs further evaluation. Note that this doesn't necessarily mean I think they're more/less likely to be the scumteam than rand. Just that I find their interactions curious and want to focus on it.

The letters: A, B, C, D, and E correspond to the below cases.

Spoiler: A
The scumteam is not: PenguinPower/DongEmpire

This is the one I feel best about. Why?

Take a close look at , , and ; in particular, the mod edits. What exactly happened here? PenguinPower got a pagetop, Dong followed up by making a (probably joking) post about it in which he calls PenguinPower a no-no word. What's interesting is that the mod not only intercedes to censor the word, but issues a word of caution to
stop arguing about it, that getting pagetop is stupid, and if you really want to argue about it do it in a civil manner.
I find it somewhat unlikely that a mod, with perfect information, would interpret and intercede in such a way if PenguinPower/Dong were the exact scumteam (as he would understand, intuitively, that they are theatering).

Beyond just the pure angleshoot, is a sort of direct and biting shade which is unlikely to come from one partner to another.

As of right now, my gun-to-head "gut" read on these two is TvT, but I'll stay wary.

Spoiler: B
The scumteam is not: PenguinPower/Almost50

This is mostly predicated on the somewhat bizarre way in which Almost50 has approached PenguinPower. I don't really know what to call posts like , , , , and even , but they don't feel like posts I'd write about or to my partner as scum. I'm not sure what to make of them at all, tbh. It doesn't really read as a pocket, either. Just weird and probably not-partnered.

Spoiler: C
The scumteam is not: BillyPilgrim/DongEmpire

It's mostly based on how
persistently
BP has questioned Dong, beginning with , continuing in , and again in . He follows up with a metadive on Dong in and a shade.

Billy's push on Dong is actually quite coherent. He mainly questions Dong's credits to me; given that I'm the other slot Billy has expressed suspicion of, it makes sense. I think Billy/Dong is quite easily TvT, but at the least I feel comfortable that they're not SvS. If they're theatering, they're doing so quite well.

Spoiler: D
Not sure how to feel about, but keeping an eye on: Almost50/Lost

Let's review how Almost50 and Lost have interacted so far. Almost50 subs in, and immediately puts Lost on E-1 in . (Note: I've previously explained in why I do not consider this a non-associative.) Where stuff gets a bit weird is .
In post 116, Almost50 wrote:Btw, does me putting someone @E-1 mean anything to you?
In , immediately prior, Almost50 addresses both myself and Lost. It's natural to think that is addressed at one of us, too. But surely it's not addressed to Lost, is it?
Because Lost is the person who Almost50 put on E-1
. It's a weird thing to do, to ask someone, "how do you feel about someone on E-1" when that someone is you. I interpreted this is as him asking me that question, not Lost.

But Lost seems to think the question is addressed at him, and responds:
In post 119, Lost wrote:
not rly, but if you continue to push it then maybe i'd be interested.
What?? He might be interested in pushing... himself?

Almost50 responds in :
In post 133, Almost50 wrote:
In post 119, Lost wrote:
not rly, but if you continue to push it then maybe i'd be interested.
I'd announce intent and ask for a claim if I were you (and that would be regardless of your own alignment, tbh)
Yes, Lost should declare intent to hammer himself and ask for a claim (which he does jokingly in ).. I guess they're referring to Almost50 putting someone at E-1, like, theoretically, outside of him putting Lost at E-1 in this game.

The whole thing just reads weird to me. Also, I also find the actual content Almost50 is saying questionable... like you would state intent to hammer and ask for a claim... on page 7? And lastly I find it weird that he just says "Disregard" to it all in

Their other interactions are kind of funny. Lost basically says "what's your read on Dong" multiple times and Almost50 ends with saying "Yeah idk i just sheep PP." Lost basically shrugs and says "okay whatever."

Don't know how I feel about them as a scumteam one way or the other, but I'm keeping an eye on it. Part of me says, "hey, maybe this is weird because they feel the need to force interactions." The other part of me says, "if they were scum, wouldn't they interact more coherently?"

Spoiler: E
Not sure how to feel about, but keeping an eye on: Nona/BillyPilgrim

Nona's sole contributions this game are:
1. "townish vibes" from me/PP's interaction (TvT read?) in
2. townread on BP, also in
3. some basic questioning of Dong before she peaces out of thread again

Based on this I decided to at least keep an eye on the viability of a Nona/BP scumteam. There
is
some light probing on BP's side in which could read partnered... but also could simply be innocuous.

Don't have a conclusion on this but it was one of the first things I was thinking about, and I mentioned it earlier. This is what I was thinking about.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #32) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by joqiza »

A couple thoughts:

- Nona is currently viable with everyone. That's because SHE'S ONLY POSTED FOUR TIMES. She's getting outposted by the mod! It's annoying and it makes her impossible to read.
- I had a few other cells colored in, that after some review I decided to set back to rand because I didn't feel like the evidence was sufficient. To that end, if people have other cases, I'd be open to hearing them.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (isolation #33) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by joqiza »

Nona, you awake to find yourself strapped to a chair, suspended above a pit of BOILING LAVA. A masked man is laughing evilly at a control panel and DEMANDS that you name at least one scum in this game or else he sends you to your doom. Obviously you can't know for certain. You have to make an educated guess. You have one chance, WHO DO YOU SAY?
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #34) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:38 pm

Post by joqiza »

Thank you!

I don't really scumread penguin tbh. I don't feel that he's done anything suspicious. Anything you noticed in particular?

Did you read my case on Almost/Penguin? Do you agree?
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #35) » Sun Oct 04, 2020 1:53 pm

Post by joqiza »

watching Nona leave thread after her obligatory three posts of the day

joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (isolation #36) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:00 am

Post by joqiza »

I find it hard to believe you don't have any kind of read on me.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (isolation #37) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by joqiza »

In post 195, Almost50 wrote:So -in short- I haven't even read any your posts, aside from this one I'm responding to.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (isolation #38) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by joqiza »

Read me with your chest and tell me what you think my alignment is.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #39) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:37 pm

Post by joqiza »

Genuinely CBA to deal with people who claim to not have the time to read a 9 page game.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (isolation #40) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:49 pm

Post by joqiza »

Here's what I think about Nona, by the way. I think she could flip anything at this point in time. She could flip town. She could flip scum. I don't know. Getting content out of her is like squeezing blood from a stone. I look at and I say, "yeah, it's not wrong," but nothing actually makes me confident on her alignment. If she's town I just want her to towntell because I'm simply not AFRAID of her if she's scum. If she's scum she gets yeeted. My fear is that she's TOWN and she's not towntelling. That's literally my main concern with her, to see there's town in that slot that I need to wrangle out like I'm some kind of snake charmer.

I can vibe with a scumread on her but only if it's a rock solid PoE where you simply believe that the other slots are towny to the point that surely she must be scum. I simply cannot buy that you are capable of a read on an 11-poster but not a read on me when I have 40x the word count and by all rights you should be focusing me. If I'm scum, I'm dangerous. I'm widely TR and clearly motivated. I can't wrap my head around the concept of having a town role PM, wanting to play to your town win condition, and choosing not to read my posts. I would never not read me.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #41) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:56 pm

Post by joqiza »

In post 192, Lost wrote:
In post 179, joqiza wrote:Did you read my case on Almost/Penguin? Do you agree?
this isn't addressed to me, but i read all of them and none of them feel particularly well substantiated. or more specifically, none of them are substantiated enough for me to want to use them to educate my current reads. too many reaches with too little evidence, and most importantly, they're all associative tells before any flips, which makes them even less useful.
Btw. I disagree generally that pre-flip associatives aren't useful, though I do think they're, like, secondary or whatever to your individual slot reads. That said I won't die on the hill for these, tho I do think the PP/Dong/mod interaction is actually quite useful. It's the one I accept completely and it tells you without a doubt that there must be at least one town in that pair, which is actually really useful.

Anyway, I mostly outed them to get some kind of reaction or SOMETHING going. Response was pretty lackluster so I won't dwell on it.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (isolation #42) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:58 pm

Post by joqiza »

Nona, I want to hear exactly what you think of Almost50's push on you. I want to hear the emotional response you had when you saw his vote and read his case on you. I want to hear what you think of the logic he presents, and I want to know what your read on his alignment is.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #43) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:59 pm

Post by joqiza »

In post 193, Lost wrote: nona has like a couple of completed games and is still holding a townie post title
What does "townie post title" mean here, btw?
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (isolation #44) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by joqiza »

Y'all think my case work is unsubstantiated but it's because we're playing this game like it's a geriatric. There is literally no substance to be had. Someone come fight me.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #45) » Mon Oct 05, 2020 6:21 pm

Post by joqiza »

In post 101, Nona wrote:back.

i got town vibes from joqiza and pp's interaction earlier.

i also like billy pilgrim's question above^
Nona, you said this, earlier. I sort of took it to mean you were townreading PP. What changed? Or is that not what you meant?
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (isolation #46) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:50 am

Post by joqiza »

1. You don't get to wait until after a flip to read when we only get a single miselimination.
2. I'm not making a meta claim about my scum game, lol. I'm saying that based on my presence in this game alone you should be very concerned with determining my alignment! But I guess if you're not reading the game to begin with you wouldn't know that!
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (isolation #47) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:58 am

Post by joqiza »

See, what I'm trying to do right now is envision myself in your shoes and understand if you, after opening a town role pm, could possibly make a post like this:
In post 210, Almost50 wrote:I don't want to. The consensus is that you're town. Either the majority is correct OR it would be hard to convince then to eliminate you today.
If I sound incredulous it's because the level of apathy needed to write that does not jive at all with how I choose to play mafia. Obviously we are very different players and that's what makes this hard! I am trying to reach you and understand you but it's difficult. The thought of not having a confident solve is literally physically uncomfortable to me when I'm town, like I need to have some sort of belief to what people's alignments are or else I can't stop thinking about it because I keep imagining every possible scenario. I'm not saying I'm always right but the one thing I try to reach is a certainty about my read on people. That wishy-washy "I don't really know, maybe they could flip scum..." is anathema to me and I will do everything possible to move away from that state of being.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #48) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:08 am

Post by joqiza »

Look, I understand not focusing on someone in, like, the beginning of Day 1 in an 11p or something. But this is a very small game with very sparse content, I don't think I'm making an unreasonable ask here.

The other thing is we only have one ML before we're in LYLO as opposed to the usual two, and for that reason, I'm pretty concerned with lynching scum today. I think if we lynch scum today we can win outright, I think if we don't lynch scum then we're in very dangerous territory. The thing about LYLO is that it only takes one town voting wrong for the mafia to win. You can literally know mafia and not have it make a difference, in order to win every town needs to be on the same page. Given how the game has played out so far, I simply don't trust that will be the case if we lynch wrong today.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (isolation #49) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:32 am

Post by joqiza »

@Almost50

Why would I NOT care about what your read is on me? I am trying to assess if your reads come from a genuine, uninformed, town perspective rather than a fabrication of that. Let me re-phrase what I'm interested in. It's not that I care about your read on ME, it's that I care about your read on the player with the highest post volume and most significant thread presence in the game. That is actually not usually me! But it does happen to be me in this game!
In post 215, Almost50 wrote:You claim to be concerned about eliminating scum today, and -if you're town- you should be content I am not looking your way. Period.
Why does this even make sense? Why would I not want you to look my way if I'm town? What benefit does it confer me that you refuse to read me? The reason I'm pushing it is because I think you ignoring me is scummy.

Saying that I'm waiting until tomorrow to read Nona is an outright falsehood. Every post I make towards her is basically me, on my knees, begging her to give me something to work with. If she doesn't contribute more I'll put her on L-1 but I honestly could see town!Nona just walking back into thread and just claiming her role instead of actually bothering to towntell in response to that.

My issue with you is that you claim to be able to divine this sort of read on Nona of "unconfident scum" when in my eyes there's little to suggest that she couldn't just be town that doesn't give a shit. I actually do find the little content she has pretty questionable but for the most part she is unreadable so far and so my strategy is to read AROUND her, figuring out to the alignments of the other players in order to PoE to her alignment. Which is why, by the way, I'm pressuring YOU. You, meanwhile, claim to have figured Nona out while also not having a read on me or Dong.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #50) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:36 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 215, Almost50 wrote:want to collect reads from today and then compare them to reads provided tomorrow in order to spot the Cop.
Also this, quite frankly, is not something that would ever happen. I'm pretty sure the Cop just claims tomorrow in almost every scenario.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (isolation #51) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:37 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 219, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 206, joqiza wrote:Nona, I want to hear exactly what you think of Almost50's push on you. I want to hear the emotional response you had when you saw his vote and read his case on you. I want to hear what you think of the logic he presents, and I want to know what your read on his alignment is.
Holy shit, are we playing mafia or did someone sign me up for group therapy and not tell me?
See the thing is I'm used to playing mafia with people who aren't a bunch of robots.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (isolation #52) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:45 am

Post by joqiza »

You're one of my top townread atm because you seemed genuinely concerned with sorting me into the correct "player type" and you're one of the only players in this game with a pulse. Your actual level of read isn't what matters, it's how you approach it.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (isolation #53) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:46 am

Post by joqiza »

And yeah, I usually don't scream and shout so much but I find the complacency annoying. If I have to put on a cat and dog show to get reactions out of people then I'll do it.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (isolation #54) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:49 am

Post by joqiza »

I just googled "cat and dog show" and I'm not sure it's actually a real phrase but I just mean a performance lol. It's something one of my coaches used to say.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (isolation #55) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:40 am

Post by joqiza »

That's more like it.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (isolation #56) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:44 am

Post by joqiza »

UNVOTE:
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (isolation #57) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:46 am

Post by joqiza »

The observation about Dong is actually really solid. I originally read as a joke, but looking at it again, it's entirely possible he actually thought Sirius was a player. Which, as Almost pointed out, makes him much less likely to be mafia.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #58) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 7:58 am

Post by joqiza »

So the bad news is that you've hardclaimed VT.

The good news is that I feel decent about this. The Dong observation particularly. I'm not quite there on Lost, I don't think he's been scummy per se but his questions seem pretty basic and I don't really seem why him chilling on E-1 for a few pages is clearing. If you can get me there that would be great. Genuinely open to hearing your point of view.

I agree that a me/you/Dong/Lost townbloc puts Penguin/Nona/BP in the PoE, but I don't actually follow the SRs that far on either Penguin or BP. With Penguin, I sort of like his straightforward posting style, "Fair," and his statement about the nitpick. Just basic tonal stuff which seemed non-showy and he communicated himself clearly. With BP, it sounds like I need a better understanding of whatever meta you may have on him.

Also, how are you reading for scum PR? Just proclivity to bussing?

I actually appreciate this so thanks.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #59) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:14 am

Post by joqiza »

@BP

, or Almost's comment about it? I just said I originally read Dong's comment as a joke, but now think it might be serious.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #60) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:19 am

Post by joqiza »

In post 237, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 234, joqiza wrote:@BP

, or Almost's comment about it? I just said I originally read Dong's comment as a joke, but now think it might be serious.
Almost's comment about it.
Did you not? What indicates that wasn't a serious read?
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (isolation #61) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:21 am

Post by joqiza »

Btw, I think Lost in is basically capturing my thoughts on Nona right now. Nothing she's said to me has struck me as particularly town, and I noticed her weird reversal on Penguin as well. But for the most part I consider her a coin flip, albeit one that's becoming increasingly likely to flip scum as other people towntell.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #245 (isolation #62) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:29 am

Post by joqiza »

I don't know if I locktown Lost as confidently as you do, but I agree that his reaction on E-1 is probably the "correct" response. The test isn't difficult enough for me to clear him off that alone, but I'll keep your view in mind.

I'll metadive people this evening when I'm off work. Clearly it's an element at play and I need to make the assessment for myself. Imma get sweaty for y'all.

Liking the energy in this thread a lot more now. It's not so much that I care about winning or losing so much as I want a dynamic game. My frustration boils over some times so sorry if I offend anyone.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (isolation #63) » Tue Oct 06, 2020 8:57 am

Post by joqiza »

Yeah, I had a brief lightbulb moment when I reread , but now I'm thinking about it more, and just like... it probably was just a joke, and either way I feel like mistaking the mod for a player would still only be lightly indicative, given he would still need to confirm his role PM.

I still kind of like Almost's tone when he said "Dong is TOWN" though.
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (isolation #64) » Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:40 am

Post by joqiza »

gg all! Sorry for subbing, especially at an inopportune time. Had some stuff come up. Enjoyed playing with you all and congratz!