Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #5001 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4998, Krazy wrote:Do you think scum!Dunn defends wheme's doctor claim?
Probably, the claim was likely made for survivability, so it would make sense for a buddy to defend there.
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5002 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:26 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 4982, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 4957, Ankamius wrote:oh for my 'analysis' for the day

sajj is town
dunnstral is probably town

thank you for your time everybody
beautiful
now vote for who you think is scum instead of soapboxing about the two leading wagons being town
VOTE: texcat
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5003 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:29 am

Post by Krazy »

@Gamma: Does it? In a large normal you're going to jeopardize a second slot to save a sinking ship?

This reasoning seems ???

but it is also very wifomy so basically I'd like to understand why people see Dunn as scum outside of Evidence 1.0: Dunn's Defense of the Doctor Claim.
vote conspiracy
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5004 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:30 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Yeah I think they assumed the doc claim would work and Dunn was pissed that it didn't.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5005 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:32 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

and again:
Spoiler:
In post 4814, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 1405, Dunnstral wrote:I wouldn't feel too bad about lynching a town vig, by the way, but maybe we should let them live. If nothing else, if they're real they could tie up mafia roleblocker or something
In post 3242, Dunnstral wrote:What's wrong with you guys? I don't remember wheme being so scummy that we ignore good strategy and just lynch him through a doctor claim, I was under the impression that this was basically a lurker/lynchbait day.

Wheme isn't scummy around hammer, why would mafia claim dumb protect targets

If Wheme is mafia he gets caught later and we lynch him over any other doc claim if it comes to it

If we lynch doctor we lose our way to protect all these mason/ic that prematurely claimed (more bad town play but nothing I could do about it)

VOTE: PenguinPower
Why the 2 different attitudes about the claims?

Tell me why didn't he defend the vig claim?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5006 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:35 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

Like seriously how is that not a lynchable offense for people? There's a reason he hasn't even tried to defend it.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5007 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Tchill13 »

thats the issue.

the thing is if someone were to bus or someone were to stall they'd have to know how it'd look in hindsight. IDK what kind of skill level scum has. I'm not sure whether its more likely scum make a big scene out of bus/stall or they do it quietly. I do think scum thought they had a chance for a wheme survival with the doc fake claim.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5008 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:37 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 5005, JarJarDrinks wrote:and again:
Spoiler:
In post 4814, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 1405, Dunnstral wrote:I wouldn't feel too bad about lynching a town vig, by the way, but maybe we should let them live. If nothing else, if they're real they could tie up mafia roleblocker or something
In post 3242, Dunnstral wrote:What's wrong with you guys? I don't remember wheme being so scummy that we ignore good strategy and just lynch him through a doctor claim, I was under the impression that this was basically a lurker/lynchbait day.

Wheme isn't scummy around hammer, why would mafia claim dumb protect targets

If Wheme is mafia he gets caught later and we lynch him over any other doc claim if it comes to it

If we lynch doctor we lose our way to protect all these mason/ic that prematurely claimed (more bad town play but nothing I could do about it)

VOTE: PenguinPower
Why the 2 different attitudes about the claims?

Tell me why didn't he defend the vig claim?
In post 5006, JarJarDrinks wrote:Like seriously how is that not a lynchable offense for people? There's a reason he hasn't even tried to defend it.
this train of thought has a little more substance to it than mine when pushing dunn imo. I think these are great points.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5009 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:37 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 5003, Krazy wrote:@Gamma: Does it? In a large normal you're going to jeopardize a second slot to save a sinking ship?

This reasoning seems ???

but it is also very wifomy so basically I'd like to understand why people see Dunn as scum outside of Evidence 1.0: Dunn's Defense of the Doctor Claim.
Well my scumread doesn't really come from that? And I've made the mistake of trying to save a sinking ship too, albeit as a newb, but it's not too far out of what I'd expect. Plus how was he to know it was sinking, there probably was still a shot for survival.
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5010 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:38 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

1405 is a player that wants to look like he's trying to stop a lynch but is clearly ok w/ other people wagoning that player.

3242 is someone that is gung ho trying to stop a lynch from happening.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5011 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:39 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 4999, Ankamius wrote:
In post 4984, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 4964, Ankamius wrote:but that would mean not lurking for another 2-3 game days
Why do you do this?
Trying to townlead isn't going to get me anywhere but nowhere right now

Gotta let the distractions and the other town leads die first
you can at least not lurk though.

not lurking and town leading are not the same thing.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5012 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:40 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 4981, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 4947, Tchill13 wrote:Hopkirk has better reads in my experience of the two from all games played.
What is the meaning of this post?
someone said ausuka got lynched for reads and im pretty much saying id be shocked because of the two conftowns i'd lynch hop because he usually has better reads.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5013 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:41 am

Post by Tchill13 »

people are just flat out refusing to lynch dunn.

I'd really like to know why when it comes to ppl i TR. Such as hop.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5014 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:45 am

Post by Krazy »

Actually I do think that post is kind of scummy, but not because of the defense of the doctor claim itself.
That was the part that led to my initial vote on Dunn when I first joined the game.

The sense of trying to save the slot today while giving it permission to bus on a future day seemed scummy.

The problem I have is I rereread some other games (not Dunn's) that were shaping my attitude on how town vs. scum defend, and the first half of the post actually reads more towny
What's wrong with you guys? I don't remember wheme being so scummy that we ignore good strategy and just lynch him through a doctor claim, I was under the impression that this was basically a lurker/lynchbait day.

This part looks towny, the rest looks scummy.

My concern is that I feel like I more often see scum grapple onto a misguided town post like this after a red flip going for a mislynch than I see scum defending a buddy in a brazen manner, especially in a large normal.

So I'm still thinking through the post, but I disagree with the reasoning that scum in general would have defended Wheme's claim here, and I have yet to hear anyone give a meta/bs explanation of why Dunn in particular would.
vote conspiracy
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5015 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 5012, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 4981, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 4947, Tchill13 wrote:Hopkirk has better reads in my experience of the two from all games played.
What is the meaning of this post?
someone said ausuka got lynched for reads and im pretty much saying id be shocked because of the two conftowns i'd lynch hop because he usually has better reads.
okay, I thought there was some talking down of Hop's reads in this game and I got a little upset

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5016 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:58 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 5011, Tchill13 wrote:
In post 4964, Ankamius wrote:but that would mean not lurking for another 2-3 game days
Why do you do this?

Remind me to go into what I'm trying to do here later, I don't have time to right now
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5017 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:01 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 5014, Krazy wrote:Actually I do think that post is kind of scummy, but not because of the defense of the doctor claim itself.
That was the part that led to my initial vote on Dunn when I first joined the game.

The sense of trying to save the slot today while giving it permission to bus on a future day seemed scummy.

The problem I have is I rereread some other games (not Dunn's) that were shaping my attitude on how town vs. scum defend, and the first half of the post actually reads more towny
What's wrong with you guys? I don't remember wheme being so scummy that we ignore good strategy and just lynch him through a doctor claim, I was under the impression that this was basically a lurker/lynchbait day.

This part looks towny, the rest looks scummy.

My concern is that I feel like I more often see scum grapple onto a misguided town post like this after a red flip going for a mislynch than I see scum defending a buddy in a brazen manner, especially in a large normal.

So I'm still thinking through the post, but I disagree with the reasoning that scum in general would have defended Wheme's claim here, and I have yet to hear anyone give a meta/bs explanation of why Dunn in particular would.
I think sometimes u gotta look through the wifom and just say that a person did what they did for the exact reason it looks like. He thought the claim would work was upset that it didnt.

As for meta: do you need more meta than earlier in THIS game when he was seemingly ok w/ lynching through a vig claim?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5018 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:12 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 5016, Ankamius wrote:
In post 5011, Tchill13 wrote:
Why do you do this?

Remind me to go into what I'm trying to do here later, I don't have time to right now
BTW as an add on

If you want opinions on anything specific, quote posts at me
Golden Robster
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5019 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:21 am

Post by Golden Robster »

VOTE: Dunnstral

l-2

laughing @ people trying to do another wagon
Golden Robster
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5020 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:22 am

Post by Golden Robster »

In post 4962, Ankamius wrote:(texcat has reasonably high scum equity actually)

(krazy is a likely partner if texcat is scum)

Pedit: idk this is the best I got
if texcat is scum why would krazy bus?
Golden Robster
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5021 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:26 am

Post by Golden Robster »

In post 4837, Myloninja13 wrote:I'm here and YAY at a Dunn wagon actually happening again!
In post 4973, Skygazer wrote:
In post 4901, Scioness Sajj wrote:would you share those reasons? also on dunn, tex and tbg since you don't like them either.
I don't like dunn defending wheme on D2. His pushes on mylo and texcat seem weakly reasoned and he seems content to just stay vote-parked and not really game solve. He also doesn't really provide much reasoning for texcat-scum and puts the onus on others to say why they think texcat is town. I talked about texcat already I think, but Golden Robster made a good point that they (along with mylo) could just be lost sheep. TBG's wheme unvote is questionable but not the worst thing I've seen. I don't like a lot of your votes and your jump on and off of wheme was sus but I feel like if you were scum bussing you would actually commit to it and not move off right away to PP?

So I'm gonna
VOTE: Dunn
same votes with me these slots are giving me green vibes
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5022 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:26 am

Post by Ankamius »

I'll look at my 'notes' when I can
Golden Robster
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5023 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:28 am

Post by Golden Robster »

In post 4992, Hopkirk wrote:VOTE: Vax
Why?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5024 (ISO) » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:29 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 5021, Golden Robster wrote:
In post 4837, Myloninja13 wrote:I'm here and YAY at a Dunn wagon actually happening again!
In post 4973, Skygazer wrote:
In post 4901, Scioness Sajj wrote:would you share those reasons? also on dunn, tex and tbg since you don't like them either.
I don't like dunn defending wheme on D2. His pushes on mylo and texcat seem weakly reasoned and he seems content to just stay vote-parked and not really game solve. He also doesn't really provide much reasoning for texcat-scum and puts the onus on others to say why they think texcat is town. I talked about texcat already I think, but Golden Robster made a good point that they (along with mylo) could just be lost sheep. TBG's wheme unvote is questionable but not the worst thing I've seen. I don't like a lot of your votes and your jump on and off of wheme was sus but I feel like if you were scum bussing you would actually commit to it and not move off right away to PP?

So I'm gonna
VOTE: Dunn
same votes with me these slots are giving me green vibes
Mylo got off Dunn as quick as he went on. See my here.