DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:05 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

--Town
Seph, consistent reads that flow smoothly (is this too soft?). I can see the town perspective even if I don’t agree with everything.

Oka, strong town presence throughout. Actively trying to advance the game. Though I might be fooled, and he’s just really good scum acting clueless.

Nako, See my previous post.

Dva, Good vibes in general from what I recall, and nothing scummy jumps out.

PP, Biased since I like the gifs. But also the calm reaction to pressure rather than jolty claiming seems more town than scum.

Mew, Can read him, and it's a solid null. Some post ping me positively, some negative, but nothing strong either way. Looking to sort on day 2.

A50, Can't read him.

Tchill, Apathy is a NAI. It’s consistent play. However the absolute lack of content is scummy. Also it’s bad he’s not reading since he has to read everything bad day 2 anyways to form his god tier reads, apparently.

Gamma, I don’t like this slot. I just don't think it's town here. Feels like he's voting the convienient wagon, and his reasons for it is either nonexistent or garbage. I know some of you put gamma high on the town list... can you give me a hint why?

BEF, Too scum to be scum? Everything (survival, terrible read list that doesn't make sense, lack of engagement) is pinging me the scum way.
--Scum
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:05 pm

Post by Sephiroth »

In post 1247, DVa wrote: >Tyrion is not really playing to his town meta imo, and if he is, then he should be lynched so he starts playing d1s again. I would accept a mislynch on a town Tyrion based on his play here, and I would be pissed if he was scum and we gave him a free pass.
Imo this is his town meta stretched to the point of absurdity. Its par for the course for him to be low engagement and not really care about D1 but this is certainly I think beyond his norm. Its also why I don't think PP is misrepping Tyrion's meta, though I will grant that he's being more forgiving than I think is actually backed up by chills post history.

I'll read those games really quick. I'm pretty confident that PP is town at this point but I don't have any meta on him.
You are just a muppet... You have no heart... and cannot feel any pain.
Nako
Nako
Goon
Nako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:06 pm

Post by Nako »

I read BEF scum game, he scumread 3 inactives and voted a low hanging fruit. In this game he voted me so it is same.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:07 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 1247, DVa wrote:>Tyrion is not really playing to his town meta imo, and if he is, then he should be lynched so he starts playing d1s again. I would accept a mislynch on a town Tyrion based on his play here, and I would be pissed if he was scum and we gave him a free pass.
fwiw I think it's false. The game tchill and I were in that PP modded is used as an example as why his play today is even remotely acceptable. But if this is town tchill, then the standards to his day 1 has just become even lower, and he would play even less day 1s
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

VOTE: BEF
Nako
Nako
Goon
Nako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by Nako »

In post 1255, DrDolittle wrote:VOTE: BEF
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:11 pm

Post by Sephiroth »

Yeah, I like this plan. By far our best chance at consensus, I think.

DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:11 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 1252, Sephiroth wrote:
In post 1247, DVa wrote: >Tyrion is not really playing to his town meta imo, and if he is, then he should be lynched so he starts playing d1s again. I would accept a mislynch on a town Tyrion based on his play here, and I would be pissed if he was scum and we gave him a free pass.
Imo this is his town meta stretched to the point of absurdity. Its par for the course for him to be low engagement and not really care about D1 but this is certainly I think beyond his norm. Its also why I don't think PP is misrepping Tyrion's meta, though I will grant that he's being more forgiving than I think is actually backed up by chills post history.
I'm going to dig for a tchill scum game and see what's going on
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:14 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:19 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:21 pm

Post by Sephiroth »

Also, Dva, I honestly think that PP's initial response to me voting him showed a bit of that aggressive counterpush until he realized that my reasons made sense and weren't actually very serious. I'm not sure I think there was any real threat of him being the lynch, and I think he shows his aggression when he gets indignant at A50 asking him to claim. He also seems to think that Gamma's push wasn't very serious up until their most recent back and forth. I dunno, I think I see aggressive indignant PP enough here to say this particular meta point is NAI. Agree/Disagree?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1179, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1178, Gamma Emerald wrote:You have been using them since post one but they were sprinkled in. After the meta point it was a rush of gifs.
Really?

Spoiler:
In post 954, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 947, DVa wrote:O shit, penguingifs is transforming into penguinjpgs!

NOW WE HAVE SEEN HIS TRUE FORM

Do you see something there that might relate them?

What a rush!
Argh this is a good point but I don’t want to let my gut go ignored
In post 1181, Sephiroth wrote:
In post 1166, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1163, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1145, Gamma Emerald wrote:What makes you think my vote isn’t serious
Apart from my love of gifs, why is your vote serious?
The meta point against you felt semi-valid, plus you reacted like typical caught scum when you saw that point (hence why the gifs/pics are a scum thing)
Just curious, what about it seems 'caught scum' instead of 'ignoring the wagon bc it doesnt seem that serious'? I read it as the second more than anything else which to me is NAI.
What about seems like ignoring the wagon?
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by Sephiroth »

It seems like how I would respond if I didn't think a wagon really warranted a response because it wasn't that serious. It also seems like how I might respond if I wanted people to think I wasn't taking the wagon that seriously. Thus NAI. Now you go.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:29 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1200, DVa wrote:
In post 1197, Sephiroth wrote:Fuck no I can't. I think you may know why. Let's not speak of this again...
I was wondering

btw your new avi is really cute!
I have an idea for a 4-headed hydra with Sephiroth but I’d need two others to join
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:30 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

these two games are close in time enough such that it shouldn't be drastically different in terms of time.

perusing the posts, it seems that tchill in the town
"in a general since a lynch day 1 has the most likelihood of hitting town. I'd be willing to bet town usually talk themselves out of lynching scum more than they talk themselves into lynching scum day 1. I usually have no preference unless i feel comfortable with my ability to read certain players or unless somehow someone lands in my "will always be suspicious of" list day 1. "
"Typical day 1. Nobody wants to lynch anybody lol. If we wagon every single player then honestly there's no reason to wagon anyone at all. Feel free to do so though."
"Will lynch today: literally anyone not in the above list." (list of 5 players)
"Please let us just lynch somebody. "

town tchill has one-hit wonders like
"every townie is expendable until from my own perspective have a reason to not vote them. "
"pg 20 should be the d1 limit."
"Scum is in a great spot. Thread is bogged down. We don't want to deal with low activity players. We can't decide on a lynch. This is why day 1 lynches don't matter."

god i hate meta dives. But here's my read. Scum tchill is less abrasive about hating day 1 then town tchill. But otherwise, not likin day 1 is not very alignment indicative.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:31 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

the first set of quotes are the scum game sorry.
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by Sephiroth »

I think he also seems less engages as scum out of the two you posted, so thats a point against in my books. Not definitive by any means, though.
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:33 pm

Post by DVa »

In post 1265, Gamma Emerald wrote:I have an idea for a 4-headed hydra with Sephiroth but I’d need two others to join
you do know you couldn't stop me from hydraing with you?
Sephiroth
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Sephiroth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by Sephiroth »

In post 1269, DVa wrote:
In post 1265, Gamma Emerald wrote:I have an idea for a 4-headed hydra with Sephiroth but I’d need two others to join
you do know you couldn't stop me from hydraing with you?
I'm honored to be included and would be happy to. I've never played a hydra before tho, just fair warning.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1231, Nako wrote:
In post 1227, Sephiroth wrote:I scum read PP on poe at the time which was why I joined the wagon. I acknowledged when I made my vote that I didn't understand the reason his wagon started, and was questioned by PP about this when I did vote him. This interaction with PP is what started me to lean town on him. Feel free to find all this in my ISO.
I am asking why are you
still
voting PP if you think they are town?
In post 1225, DVa wrote:
In post 1219, DrDolittle wrote:wait can someone give me a tldr on why PP is scum other than too many gifs. I waded through pages and pages and realized I never got a case.
I believe the arguments include
"PP doesn't explain himself as town" i.e. this is not his town meta -- Kokichi
"PP is misrepresenting Tchill's meta" i.e. he might have been trying to buddy Tchill -- DVa
"PP is lolcatting as caught scum" i.e. he reacted poorly to the push by me and Kokichi -- Gamma-chan
"The day is too long" i.e. it was the leading wagon -- Tyrion
"PP is not me" i.e. he doesn't want to be the leading wagon anymore -- BEF

I think that summarizes everyone's reason for being on the wagon rn
Like yo
Read the game

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah DVa you can be one of the heads

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1247, DVa wrote:
In post 1243, Sephiroth wrote:Do you still want to lynch PP, Dva?
Very good question lol, I've been thinking about this, especially cause I don't like 2 of the votes on the wagon

overall, I'd say... how do I put this... "I
don't not
want to lynch PP." ya, I feel like compared to Diffusion of Power, where he was in fact mislynched on day 1, he feels... very passive and not nearly as aggressive. even so, compared to Epic Duel, where he was NOT mislynched day 1, but was a leading candidate, it seems... a bit closer? ugh. really, he seems tonally different. a lot more willing to kinda talk through his reads.

He seems more reserved and, as Gamma-chan said, lolcatty.

You can compare:

If he is town, I think this is the closest analogue to his play here: https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... er_sort=Go

If he is scum, it is because we have not seen any of the combativeness or counter-push evident here: https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... er_sort=Go

Between the two, I feel like he is dissimilar enough to both town games that my suspicions have not been abated and I believe he has decent scum equity.

There are other candidates.
>Tyrion is not really playing to his town meta imo, and if he is, then he should be lynched so he starts playing d1s again. I would accept a mislynch on a town Tyrion based on his play here, and I would be pissed if he was scum and we gave him a free pass.
>BEF is very much within his range as scum, his votes have seemed a bit survivalistic and opportunistic, and I think he is capable of deeper reasoning as town

So I guess right now I would prefer PP but I'm not really dead set on him. He seems like a solid wagon all things considered.
So did you spectate DoP or was that a game you played on your main?

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1250, PenguinPower wrote:So it's either BFE or Gamma.
Random question, why in your mind can’t both BEF and me be scum?

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!