Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:28 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Gamma: It was a typo. I meant JK + GS

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Ok
So far I only see 2/3 PRs (this is without/with vigilante). Where’s the other 1/2?
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:30 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2196, ofrhz wrote:If DDL is really the jk who jailkept A50, then I'm confused why neither this slot nor Kokichi were killed last night, since this throws out the "mason was protected and BEF was vigged" theory.

I'm just not sure I believe DDL's claim atm
Yeah. It really is confusing. If DDL is for real then Koki must be scum. That's the ONLY explanation I can think of for the Mafia to not shoot your slot.

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:31 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

I think A50 is pretty much confirmed GS at this point, barring a scenario of DDL + A50 scumteam which is unlikely and very gusty because double incriminating yourself as scum right now is way too risky.

The way I see the DDL slot is it will resolve itself pretty much in 1 ~ 2 days. Maybe he is lying, but I don't see much we can gain from flipping DDL right now because a town flip gets us nowhere, so we have to be extremely sure of scum DDL.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:32 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

@gamma, you are part of NRG right? What would a balanced setup look like to you ?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:33 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2201, Gamma Emerald wrote:Ok
So far I only see 2/3 PRs (this is without/with vigilante). Where’s the other 1/2?
Well, I dunno if I should, so I won't.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:34 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

So if PP is town scum probably were ambivalent on all the wagons. Idk who that would fit yet but I know there was a fiat amount of vote shifting from specific sets of people.
Can someone else look into this? I wanna do some other things rn but if it’s not done when I’m ready to do it I’ll work on it myself.
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Nako
Nako
Goon
Nako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:34 pm

Post by Nako »

In post 2196, ofrhz wrote:If DDL is really the jk who jailkept A50, then I'm confused why neither this slot nor Kokichi were killed last night, since this throws out the "mason was protected and BEF was vigged" theory.

I'm just not sure I believe DDL's claim atm
I believe their claim with 100% of my heart, I just think they are mafia jailkeeper :D
Also I like your avatar, I like that show very much xD
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Experienced close setup players, how often do we have GS + no town members with guns?
Nako
Nako
Goon
Nako
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:35 pm

Post by Nako »

In post 2206, Gamma Emerald wrote:So if PP is town scum probably were ambivalent on all the wagons. Idk who that would fit yet but I know there was a fiat amount of vote shifting from specific sets of people.
Can someone else look into this? I wanna do some other things rn but if it’s not done when I’m ready to do it I’ll work on it myself.
DDl, kokichi and radja/mew happened to be wagons at d1 few times and they all protected each other.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:49 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

PP is due for a prod very soon. Hopefully he can brain dump for us for how he viewed the PP wagon and who he felt stood out during the whole thing.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2204, OkaPoka wrote:@gamma, you are part of NRG right? What would a balanced setup look like to you ?
Not NRG but I might be able to if I tried. I’ll assume A50 and DDL are claiming full GS and JK and aren’t fake claiming/scum. Now this is reflective of a certain type of setup, the “Cop+JK” archetype. This exists as an answer to Follow the Cop strats, as whole the JK can protect the Cop it’ll also stop results. Some instances are mini 1838, my first experience with that setup style, and mini 1861, a game I modded that was actually based on 1838.
Sometimes this is toyed with, like in Booneytoonz IV, where there was a loyal Cop rather than regular Cop, thus making the JK’s protection more antitown if they hit the cop. Of course because the cop is aware of this they can make a judgment call of whether their result is a true guilty. I can actually describe how this can go down in practice because I was the loyal Cop in that game. Night 1 I got a no result on creative who was scum, but I was also JKed that night. Because of my pre-disposition to think creative was Town, I assumed I was blocked. But developments changed my thinking and I dropped the hammer at the end of Day 2.
Now to this game. The Cop seems to be swapped with GS, which has a lot less certainty in its results. The only normal role that can deceive the cop is Miller, while a GS can get false guilties on cops and cop variants, vigilantes, and a few other roles I don’t have filed away. It can also get false clears on a mafia doctor or traitor, so Mafia Doctor is often used as a counter the same way a mafia ninja is used to counter a watcher. Traitor can be used this way but it’s less common. A lot of GS setups seem to be based on playing with their result reliability from some research I did on something. So either something exists to give it a false positive or false negative.
As for what else to expect, I think a weaker town PR would fill out the game if it is just 3 goons, but I’d there’s a mafia doctor a stronger PR would be balanced. Mafia traitor I can’t say because it’s so rare to see it used as a GS counter that I can’t give an estimate on whether the boon of the false clear or the blow of the lost strength of numbers would be more impactful.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:00 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

are mastina/implosion creative designers? as in:

what if we had a vig/jk/gs vs mafiadoctor/roleblocker(?) or maf goon/maf goon or something similar

gs has one false positive and one false negative. mafia doctor can protect its own from vig shot. maybe even throw a tracker/watcher on town in there for more wifom. lots of pr action, lots of roleblocking, lots of saving.

I don't know if that's possible/even a balanced setup but its "interesting" design.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:07 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2208, OkaPoka wrote:Experienced close setup players, how often do we have GS + no town members with guns?
Good question. It probably depends on who designed the setup though. Some mods like "Millers", and some don't.

If I was designing a game and am using a GS I'd probably be sure to include a Vig (10-13) or a Vig+Neapolitan/Vanilla Cop (14+)

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:14 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Hi. I don’t really play on weekends (saying this again).

To answer setup spec on this page, implosion/Mastina almost always include a town role that a gs will get a positive on.

Guess that’s more than a prodge.

More in the morning.
<(") | (")>
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah mastina is pretty creative, in and out of normal games

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:19 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

For implosion I don’t know much about his review meta but I can look around I guess

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:05 pm

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE COUNT 2.13
DrDolittle (3)
- DVa, Nako, Kokichi Oma

PenguinPower (3)
- Gamma Emerald, OkaPoka, Almost50

OkaPoka (2)
- Sephiroth, DrDolittle

Mewtaph (1)
- PenguinPower

Not Voting (2)
- ofrhz, Mewtaph

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch

Deadline:
(expired on 2018-11-24 22:00:00)

Mod Notes: :)
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:31 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

See, my non-ascetic claim makes the claim less believable. If one of DDL/DVa flips scum then the other has a very strong chance to. Do not ignore this.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2218, Mewtaph wrote:See, my non-ascetic claim makes the claim less believable. If one of DDL/DVa flips scum then the other has a very strong chance to. Do not ignore this.
Why???

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:33 pm

Post by DVa »

VOTE: pp

Don't townread him. Since drd has a confirmed night action that's slightly more sortable although balance-wise there's no reason to assume he couldn't be scum jk. Idk feeling lost.

Pedit: I don't really get what you mean mew
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:35 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

If scum doesn't know if I'm ascetic or not, then they can't make the roleblocked A50 claim because they don't actually know if I'm ascetic or not. Whereas if town roleblocked A50, they already know and don't need me to claim ascetic or not.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:37 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2221, Mewtaph wrote:If scum doesn't know if I'm ascetic or not, then they can't make the roleblocked A50 claim because they don't actually know if I'm ascetic or not. Whereas if town roleblocked A50, they already know and don't need me to claim ascetic or not.
Why can’t they do that in that case?

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Mewtaph »

They can't do it if they didn't roleblock/JK A50 themselves. The claim doesn't make sense for DDL to target A50 because on D1 to DDL he was a null slot.
DVa
DVa
Mafia Scum
DVa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by DVa »

So you think DrD is a scum roleblocker or jk?