micro 840: mystery box of silver (this is over)

Forum rules
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:29 am

Post by schadd_ »

Spoiler:

Vote count 1.3

the worst (2):
mastina, Pink Ball
Nibbui (1):
northsidegal
Pink Ball (1):
the worst
northsidegal (1):
sheepsaysmeep
InfiniteSoda (1):
Nibbui

not voting (3):
podoboq, skitter30, InfiniteSoda

with 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. day 1 ends january 8 (2019) at 00:10 central US time; in (expired on 2019-01-08 00:10:00)

mod notes
  • skitter30 vla on fridays and saturdays
  • nibbui vla for a while
  • infinitesoda vla weekends
[/area]
Last edited by schadd_ on Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mnemonic for you: Toni Morrison Made Comprehensive Dialogues Despite Nearby Hordes of Reactionaries that are Verily Contemptible

todays featured user: shaft.ed

this year, i plan to exclusively listen to music released in 2022. send me things that are like that!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:30 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 322, Nibbui wrote:'m surprised skitter didn't seem to realize that

and it's a negative surprise
idk, htat's def not how i read it the frist time, and i didn't really get the distinction you were drawing till like now

i don't really have a problem with sheep's push because that's how i read it too
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:31 am

Post by Nibbui »

and that's kind of the problem with his argument skitter (and I have been saying this it's been some 4 posts already)

Pink seems to have somewhat assumed that because sheep metadived me and seems to like to do some quick meta checks, when he voted for him, he thought that sheep was considering meta on his completed game when in truth there was nothing to indicate that as far as I'm concerned therefore I don't know how he got to that assumption.

Maybe I'm misunderstading something though so feel free to point it out Pink.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:38 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 326, skitter30 wrote:
In post 322, Nibbui wrote:'m surprised skitter didn't seem to realize that

and it's a negative surprise
idk, htat's def not how i read it the frist time, and i didn't really get the distinction you were drawing till like now

i don't really have a problem with sheep's push because that's how i read it too
The problem isn't reading it that way on the first time, I as well did read like that on the first time.

The problem I'm pointing out, with both of you, is that Pink had already nicely explained this distinction here:
In post 256, Pink Ball wrote: > "i'm playing bla bla": I was talking specifically about sheep scumreading me when he has openly said that he metadives as town, and it pings me that, if he did metadive me, he's not using meta on me because it would be difficult to scumread me because of meta (because I don't have much and because how I'm playing here is very different to my scum game)
It seems you guys weren't paying much attention to Pink's posts, and I would expect you to do so if you wanted to read him.

Also, to make justice for Pink, I misrepped him a bit, he didn't automatically consider that sheep was using meta to read on him, he only considered it a possibility. There is no problem in that.

However, with this it raises another question:

If you only considered it a possibility that he was using meta, and he seems to be not using it, and your scum read on him is apparently from him using meta on you wrongly, does it means you take back your scum read on sheep Pink?

(this is getting slightly confusing by the way).
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:48 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 328, Nibbui wrote:It seems you guys weren't paying much attention to Pink's posts, and I would expect you to do so if you wanted to read him.
i viewed his whole argument holistically as:

i only have one prior game, and if you use that game against me, you're using meta wrong, for two reasons:

-> i'm obviously playing different from that game, and anyone who reads it should be able to tell (from the initial post we all talked about) - ie you're bad at meta-diving if you think this game looks like my scumgame

-> furthermore, i only have one game, so the whole notion of meta-diving me is silly (from the later posts) - ie you're applying meta badly if you form a scumread based on a single scumgame

you're saying that the second point was his argument the entire time; i viewed it more as a sub-argument to the notion of 'don't use that one game against me because if you do you're using meta wrong'
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:49 am

Post by skitter30 »

i also don't know if the distinction is actually that important? either way bringing up meta was kinda ouit of the blue and felt a little strange
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:50 am

Post by Nibbui »

Look carefully for example in this interaction in the 1v1 with a 8 minutes difference from Pink's post to Sheep's post (in other words, enough time to read what Pink had said and reply accordingly):
In post 268, Pink Ball wrote:
In post 265, sheepsaysmeep wrote:i went through that w game earlier and it is pretty different but it doesnt really change that much for me for reasons i explained earlier and with how you started talking lamist-y about how youre so obviously meta v here that if you are w youve been intentionally making it noticably different anyway
"reasons I explained earlier"; which reasons? You said "Pink is wolf" and nothing else. Haven't said that I'm obviously meta v here either, I said that if you meta scumread me you would be wrong, which is true since I'm playing different here and there's no enough information to compare since I only have one finished game.

You're being inconsistent, kid.
In post 270, sheepsaysmeep wrote:it feels so fake for you to keep repeating that youre obviously meta town and if anything makes me think youre wolf intentionally playing differently so that you can try to push this after knowing i do meta dives

like of all the reasoning youve used to argue for someones alignment youve prolly said the most that you yourself should be read obvious town by meta and i cant really see why as village you would be so concerned about it
Pink had just explained that he wasn't town because of meta and etc. Sheep next post paints it in a way different light though.

If this isn't refusing to argue reasonablely and therefore being kind of hysteric, I don't know what this is.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:54 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 329, skitter30 wrote:
In post 328, Nibbui wrote:It seems you guys weren't paying much attention to Pink's posts, and I would expect you to do so if you wanted to read him.
i viewed his whole argument holistically as:

i only have one prior game, and if you use that game against me, you're using meta wrong, for two reasons:

-> i'm obviously playing different from that game, and anyone who reads it should be able to tell (from the initial post we all talked about) - ie you're bad at meta-diving if you think this game looks like my scumgame

-> furthermore, i only have one game, so the whole notion of meta-diving me is silly (from the later posts) - ie you're applying meta badly if you form a scumread based on a single scumgame

you're saying that the second point was his argument the entire time; i viewed it more as a sub-argument to the notion of 'don't use that one game against me because if you do you're using meta wrong'
These arguments can't coexist at all skitter

if you are saying "you should look at my completed game, see that I'm playing differently and town read me", you can't proceed to say "you shouldn't use that game because it's useless".

One of the arguments is saying that the completed game is a valid reference and the other one saying it's not a valid reference.

How can you interpret him saying these things both at the same time?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:55 am

Post by skitter30 »

i think he was still misunderstanding what pink was trying to say - not on purpose, but rather that he hadn't yet put it together

i don't think he was being hysterical at all
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:56 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 268, Pink Ball wrote:Haven't said that I'm obviously meta v here either, I said that if you meta scumread me you would be wrong,
which is true since I'm playing different here
and
there's no enough information to compare since I only have one finished game
uh right here

bold - playing different here (ie i shouldn't be scumread because i'm playing differently from the one scumgame)

italics - i don't have enough games to metadive me anyways
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:58 am

Post by skitter30 »

i don't know if they like make sense together but i think that's what he was arguing
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:58 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 330, skitter30 wrote:i also don't know if the distinction is actually that important? either way bringing up meta was kinda ouit of the blue and felt a little strange
I can somewhat agree with this but it's a bit more complex than that.

It's more about if he only brought up meta because it had genuine correlation with his read on sheep or if he only used sheep as an excuse to bring out his completed scum game and sneakly point out that he is playing differently.

I'm still on nulltown for now though.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 336, Nibbui wrote:
In post 330, skitter30 wrote:i also don't know if the distinction is actually that important? either way bringing up meta was kinda ouit of the blue and felt a little strange
I can somewhat agree with this but it's a bit more complex than that.

It's more about if he only brought up meta because it had genuine correlation with his read on sheep
or if he only used sheep as an excuse to bring out his completed scum game and sneakly point out that he is playing differently.

I'm still on nulltown for now though.
i read it as the bolded.

i felt like he was defending against something that nobody accused him of, and that felt scummy to me

i dont' think the distinction of what why he actually thinks meta shouldn't be used to read him actually matters wrt that
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:03 pm

Post by Nibbui »

In post 334, skitter30 wrote:
In post 268, Pink Ball wrote:Haven't said that I'm obviously meta v here either, I said that if you meta scumread me you would be wrong,
which is true since I'm playing different here
and
there's no enough information to compare since I only have one finished game
uh right here

bold - playing different here (ie i shouldn't be scumread because i'm playing differently from the one scumgame)

italics - i don't have enough games to metadive me anyways
"I'm playing different" doesn't mean that he is necessarily town, but that he can also be scum playing in a different way and there's not enough games to see what's inside his scum range or not.

I get you guys misreading the whole deal though so let's leave it at that because I don't want to keep playing semantics and interpretation games.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:04 pm

Post by skitter30 »

yeah let's do that because i'm not sure it actually matters to the actual point
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:05 pm

Post by Nibbui »

Yeah...

Hmmm Pink, it would help if you explained your sheep scum read on more detail here and not only coming from the assumption that he would have meta dived you when I don't think he would have done that as either alignment at that point.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:09 pm

Post by Nibbui »

I want to lynch Soda for real if his behavior don't change by the way.

Can we policy lynch him?

What's your opinion Sheep?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by skitter30 »

ngl i kinda pegged him as flaking out in the nearish future, which is why i'm not worrying too much

if he's not able to play he should rep-out imo
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:17 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 273, sheepsaysmeep wrote:nsg is wolfy, pink ball is wolfy, infinite soda's popin kinda bothered me with it's timing but subject to change a lot in either direction once they start posting actual content
kinda hoping this has both wolves
outside chance of skitter but she's also like very slightly towntelling too
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:22 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 287, InfiniteSoda wrote:need to get a vote in

VOTE: Nibbui

@mod
REGULAR V/LA on Saturday and Sunday (Ocassional Exceptions)
In post 289, InfiniteSoda wrote:Actually, meh

VOTE: UNVOTE

Ill look more into it
why so nervous?
In post 288, Nibbui wrote:TW reaction to Pink Ball is somewhat hysteric but I can see where duck is coming from.

Sheep is...ewww..idk. I'll avoid thinking deeply about the slot for now because I feel I'm going for a WIFOM ride and I need to check some of his games.

TW, can you link me the games where you and sheep wolfed together?
same team

same slot
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:23 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 300, Nibbui wrote:sheep you're making my life harder here but it's ok I guess

I'm surprised by your play a bit though, I expected you be more memey (and I like the fact you're not).

I vaguely remember seeing a game of you where you were spamming "meep" a lot and not engaging. (although I think it was funny)

your playstyle here is a good surprise.
sheep has improved like, a lot in the last yearish
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:24 pm

Post by the worst »

kinda half caught up

willing to policy {bunk bill, infinitesoda} because i cbf reading thru bill's irritating bravado and rhetoric
think wolves are more like {nsg, ???}

VOTE: nsg
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by schadd_ »

;
mnemonic for you: Toni Morrison Made Comprehensive Dialogues Despite Nearby Hordes of Reactionaries that are Verily Contemptible

this year, i plan to exclusively listen to music released in 2022. send me things that are like that!
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by schadd_ »

;

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Tue Dec 25, 2018 2:48 pm

Post by schadd_ »

;