Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #3175 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:24 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

broken image
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

11 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you, click here.
If you wish to speak to one of us, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra and Airna.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #3176 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:25 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 3172, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 3159, Formerfish wrote:
In post 3157, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:House of X is cool, but X-Men has always had some issues for me. The stories start out original and cool and can't help but find themselves back where they started.
Thats part of the reason why im psyched to read these once the whole thing is released. Its supposed to be doing some things to shake up the whole universe.
Heard this before. I know you have too.

Maybe they mean it this time.

Maybe they will stop using Jean Grey and Scott Summers and X and let Storm and other more interesting characters lead the ahhahahahahahhahahahahsdjdajahahahahahhahahaha

sorry sorry
Spoilers:
Spoiler:
Moira is a mutant but her power doesn't kick in at puberty like normal, which is why she never showed as one. Her mutation kicks in later and has one hell of a power.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #3177 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:26 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 3176, Formerfish wrote:
In post 3172, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 3159, Formerfish wrote:
In post 3157, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:House of X is cool, but X-Men has always had some issues for me. The stories start out original and cool and can't help but find themselves back where they started.
Thats part of the reason why im psyched to read these once the whole thing is released. Its supposed to be doing some things to shake up the whole universe.
Heard this before. I know you have too.

Maybe they mean it this time.

Maybe they will stop using Jean Grey and Scott Summers and X and let Storm and other more interesting characters lead the ahhahahahahahhahahahahsdjdajahahahahahhahahaha

sorry sorry
Spoilers:
Spoiler:
Moira is a mutant but her power doesn't kick in at puberty like normal, which is why she never showed as one. Her mutation kicks in later and has one hell of a power.

Oooh okay okay that's sick.

Just gotta avoid the House of M problem then.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

11 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you, click here.
If you wish to speak to one of us, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra and Airna.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
mastina
mastina
She
False Prophet
mastina
She
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3178 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:27 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2637, mastina wrote:Skygazer/Titus
^When it comes to Skygazer, I will admit: I am quite aware that Skygazer is the perfect pocket pick for Pine to make as scum. She's a smooth operator when it comes to worming her way through towns, and yet she's lowkey enough that none would really suspect her of doing so. A solid choice for him to make. So why is she my top townread? Because while I know she'd be a perfect pick for Pine, she's just an obvtown slot.

Plus.
If replacements in this game work anything like in previous iterations of the game.
Pine controls who replaces into his scumteam and Jingle controls who replaces into the town, and Titus is more of a Jingle replacement than a Pine replacement. Yes, there's value in Titus being scum, but it's a pick more likely to come from Jingle.

Ankamius
^I said it before: the only way Ankamius is town is if Jingle sniped her away from Pine before Pine could pick her. The thing is, I actually believe that's exactly what happened. It's dangerous territory to tread, but I legit think that when Pine said that Jingle did snipe away picks from him that he wanted, he was telling the truth--and Ankamius would be an obvious example of exactly that. This is why she's much higher up on my readslist compared to where she previously was.

MariaR
^Pine could pick MariaR because she's an absurdly good scum player and not really the best town player. Could. I don't think he did tho. I admit, I don't have any logic, any reasoning behind this. Just gut, that she's town this game.

Gamma Emerald
^Gamma's similar to MariaR, but better as town and worse as scum. Still GOOD as scum, and reasonably decent as town. So Pine could pick Gamma. I just don't think he did. Again, no reasoning tho. Just gut. I know from experience I can't really read Gamma, but I just FEEL Gamma's town.

Firebringer
^Firebringer is the ultimate slot of me being utterly unable to read him. Like, I think my read accuracy on him sits at some impressive number like out of 40 games having it at like 5%? No joke, it's that low. I can't read him and I don't really have a metric for whether Pine would recruit him or not. He's an underestimated player regardless of his alignment. Skilled town, skilled scum, but with a playstyle which makes you think he's neither. So he'd be a decent pick for Pine, I know this. And I also know that I can't read him. But in spite of that. I agree with those who say he looks town; if I had to guess, I would think exactly that.

Chickadee
^Honestly the only way Chickadee is scum is if Pine deliberately chose her as a pocket pick nobody would expect, think like the Aristophanes of last game. Admittedly, that's not impossible--after all, Pine did in fact pick Aristophanes last game. :P But while it's not impossible, I don't think it particularly probable. I'm not really feeling Chickadee as scum. This feels like her usual towngame performances I've seen. Admittedly, I am unfamiliar with her scumgame; I have seen her multiple times as town but I can't recall the last time she was scum. So this is a flawed perspective especially since Pine gives coaching to his partners on how to play. But push come to shove, lacking any alternative assessment, she's town to me.

Pink Ball
^This is probably Pink Ball's towngame. It's not definitive. It's questionable. But I'm willing to take the gamble on it. Sure, he's underperforming, but I don't think the underperformance is because he's scum; I actually think if anything it's kinda proof that he's town. I do think that Pink Ball could be selected by Pine; he knows PB's good regardless of his alignment, denying him from the town would be smart and he'd still deliver as scum. But if I had to guess, I'd say he didn't.

Iconeum
^If Iconeum has contributed content, I've missed it in my not-very-thorough reading of the game. He's someone Pine could select as a pocket pick; he's not incompetent as scum and is someone who can fly under the radar for ages. I initially placed him under chennisden (see below) for exactly this reason. However, that having been said. I've seen Iconeum as scum recently. He doesn't seem to be the same Iconeum from that game, and that's why I bumped him up to here; I know I should probably investigate this more, but for now I'm okay calling him weakly town.

chennisden
^This is about where my null list starts. I don't have a read on chennis one way or another. I also have no clue how Pine would assess him.

Dannflor
^Dannflor is an amazing town player but I've zero idea how Pine would think of him in terms of selecting him as a scumbuddy. That having been said: his play this game is incredibly underwhelming given what he's capable of. It's a little bit iffy as a result.

PenguinPower
^Honestly does PP play the game much regardless of his alignment? I get the impression that regardless of his alignment 95+% of his posting's just going to be memeing. Pine could easily select PP, but I've no gauge on whether he actually did or not.

Formerfish
^Formerfish is another player who, in spite of his content thusfar, I'm finding difficult to get a grasp on. He's the kind of pocket pick I can see Pine making, but I can't really tell if Pine did or not.

Menalque
^To be honest. Menalque's someone I probably scumread regardless of his alignment, not gonna lie here. I believe we've played twice together and I scumread him both times--sure, in one game he was scum, but in the other game he was town and I'm not sure I can tell the difference between the two. I can say that as town he seemed to give more content than as scum, which would be a bad sign for him this game, but he's also not exactly showing the things I'd expect from him as scum, which is a promising sign.

Untrod Tripod/xReckonerx
^Pine knows that UT can carry a scumgame and Reck is the type of replacement Pine would love to make. So I can easily see this being a scum slot. That having been said. While I can see it as a scum slot, there's nothing which makes me convinced it IS a scum slot. Gun to my head I'd actually lean otherwise, which honestly makes me think he might be placed too low, but I've been debating on whether he's too high or too low on my readslist a lot because I'm weary of the slot, which is why he's here.

GreyICE
^There are reasons GreyICE could be town. Namely, if LLD is scum then GreyICE isn't because while they COULD bus like this easily and it's within their scum metas to do so in this fashion, I don't think Pine would approve--not because of any strategic reason, mind you. Just because the resulting gamestate from their fight is INCREDIBLY unfun and Pine wouldn't want to win because his scumteam orchestrated an unfun gamestate for the game.

There are also fairly strong reasons for GreyICE to be scum.
He's used meta, when he is a strong proponent of meta being bullshit.
His play is vastly underwhelming because aside from pushing LLD he's done basically nothing.
He's someone that Pine knows is good at both town and scum and is someone Pine could easily pick to get some oldguard in the game.
So overall this is where my "could be scum" list starts.

Katsuki
^Pine picked Katsuki as a replacement in the first iteration of this game for damn good reason. Katsuki's a skilled scum player, who also has a knack for pulling impressive townplays if left unchecked, so picking Katsuki is a good denial pick. That having been said, while I think Katsuki's play here could be scum, I know that Katsuki's alignment should become more obvious as the game progresses and right now I'm not sure it's scum.

DrippingGoofball
^Honestly DGB's a bit past her prime. She used to be one of the best town/scum players in the old meta but in the current meta she's only so-so. She's this low for a combination of "Pine could pick her because of nostalgia and hoping to bring back her at her prime" and her play being vastly underwhelming, but that having been said, similar to UT/Reck, I've debated on her positioning here; I almost put her much much higher in my readslist because I'm not convinced she's scum.

xofelf
^When I made my original readslist, xofelf was quite high up. This was through a combination of reasons. I didn't believe Pine would be a dick enough to make her be scum and have such an unfun time and I liked the content which she had given. LLD's case made me reconsider both of these points. I am not
convinced
that LLD's case was on the money, on point, accurate and correct. But if nothing else I admit it has
merit
to it, and the idea is certainly at least plausible. I'm not convinced it's
probable
, but the plausibility of Pine picking xofelf as scum exists enough for her to be about here.

Lady Lambdadelta
^Honestly my main suspicion on LLD is the Commuter claim in that it is a role that Pine would want more than Jingle would, it is a role which feels like there's better players for Jingle to give it to, and it is a role that feels like it'd mesh poorly with other town roles in the setup. These are all very solid reasons for LLD's claim to be suspect. But I can also see the other side; I can understand why LLD's Commuter role could be something Jingle would give her. I understand that Commuter IS a role Jingle could use, in spite of it probably meshing poorly with other town roles in the setup; I actually can see the logic and reasoning behind Jingle giving it to her even if I think there's better choices.

From a pick perspective, LLD would be a player of high value to Pine, but also to Jingle. She is a VERY strong scum player and a damn good town player, too. She is also an obvious choice for Pine to pick--Pine can choose obvious choices, but he's under no obligation to do so. Plus, there's the whole matter of how regardless of her alignment, she's a distraction.

Ali, I disagree that lynching her removes her as a distraction. You know why? Because once she flips, regardless of what she flips, the division between the town established today from the two sides, those fighting for her being scum and those fighting for her being town, will continue after her death. Whichever side was right will feel vindicated and the distraction will remain after her demise as a consequence of this interaction.

If I had to give a guess, my guess would actually be that she's town. My heart wants her to be scum because I want to believe in the players pushing her as being scum having the right reasoning, having locked on to accurate facts, good sound logic that holds true. But I'm somewhat skeptical of this. I can't really articulate why I'm skeptical, so call the skepticism gut if you must. I'm just hesitant to commit here because while I objectively see all the reasons for her to be scum, something about it doesn't feel right.

Also, sidenote: the jjh-Aristophanes division on her feels ridiculously orchestrated by Pine.

popsofctown
^I'll be honest, I don't really have much of a read here and have no clue how Pine would treat pops. Pops is this low purely through gut reaction of me not liking what I've seen. I've no judgement on the accuracy of this gut, but it's all I'm going on.

the worst
^If the worst is town this game, he is vastly, VASTLY underperforming. This feels a lot more like his scumgame than his towngame to me. He's also the kind of player I think that Pine's more likely to pick and while I can see Jingle having selected him, I think that balance of probabilities, this is probably not his towngame. I know that the worst can as town have vastly underwhelming performances as town and that the worst as scum doesn't necessarily underperform. But I just feel like it's more likely in this case for this game that the worst is scum underperforming not town underperforming.

Krazy
^So my thoughts on Krazy can be summed up as: If Pine picked Krazy to be scum, it would be a dick move. Pine would know from experience that Krazy is burned out from playing scum and wouldn't have much fun in the role. Pine would know that while Krazy is an amazing town player, he's only so-so as a scum player. But the reason I think that Pine could pick Krazy in spite of it being a dick move is a combination of:
1: Pine could feel that, with his involvement in the scum PT, he could revitalize Krazy's scumplay. He could see it as a challenge, to try and make Krazy have fun in a role he currently abhors.
2: Pine could value Krazy as a player to help balance and round out his scumteam composition.
3: Pine could pick Krazy to deny the town access to one of its better scumhunters, which is especially true if Pine was denied the chance to grab Ankamius. (You don't want Ankamius and Krazy to be able to work together.)
4: Krazy is not an obvious choice to pick, which means that Pine could get away with it without anybody really thinking about it.
Probably more reasons that I am forgetting about.

So there's a case to be made both ways. I can see Pine thinking Krazy's a good pick; I can see Pine not picking Krazy. Heck, I can even see Jingle denying Pine the chance to pick Krazy albeit not as likely as with Ank.

So why is Krazy so low?

Because my stance on him thusfar this game can be summed up as such: I haven't seen anything which makes me particularly townread him, nor have I seen anything which makes me particularly scumread him.

The last time I had that stance on him...he was scum.

So I think that it's more likely that he's scum.

jjh
^jjh is a scumread because simply put he's scum this game.

Aristophanes
^You know my initial joke reasoning for scumreading Ari? Not in any way a joke. Aristophanes was a clutch pick by Pine last game. The entirety of the scumteam--Aristophanes included--thought that Pine first picking Aristophanes last game was basically Pine trolling/borderline gamethrowing. But last game, the entire reason the scumteam won was BECAUSE Pine first picked Aristophanes as scum.

Now, Pine probably, legitimately, wouldn't first pick Aristophanes as scum again, that much is probably true. But I still think that Pine picked Aristophanes as scum anyway. In part, because people wouldn't think he'd do it twice. In part, because Aristophanes is fun to have as a scumbuddy. In part, because Aristophanes would be a glue to help hold the team comp whatever it is together. In part, because Aristophanes still had room to grow and one of the things Pine likes to do in these games is to coach his scumbuddies into growing as scum players, to become better at scumplay than they were before and Aristophanes still had room to grow.

Aristophanes had stated that he always has looked up to me to perform well as scum and while I'm not scum this game so he wouldn't have me to be that direct source of inspiration, he'd still have good reason to try and impress, to do his best, to exceed any and all expectations of him as scum. And I think that his play here is exactly that. I think that his play here is his evolved top-form scumplay, not his signature townplay.

I realize that I have far too few townreads and far too many suspects and far far FAR too many people who I am wishy-washy about. But this is the best I can offer given this gamestate.
Sorry that I am quoting the whole post with no spoilers, but phoneposting makes edits/spoiler tags difficult.

I wanted to give some updated thoughts:
I am now more sure about both Chickadee and Pink Ball being town. Dannflor shoots way up to near the top of the townlist, just below Ank. Former fish is tentatively a weak townread. PP is too high; I remembered that Pine would remember how PP mislynched him, demonstrating the value of PP as scum. How much lower, not sure, but he's too high up right now.
Menalque, not sure that he's town enough to be a townread, but he's probably too low on the list.

IF LLD is scum (her attempted self hammer makes that look likely, but it's not definitive), both GreyIce and Katsuki become strong townreads. If lld flips town, they remain where they are.

Notably: regardless of llds flip, xofelfs position doesn't change. This is because if lld is scum, there's the very real chance that her xofelf case was pushing the player she perceived as the weak link on her scumteam.

So regardless of town or scum, xofelf remains plausible scum. She could be town with lld mistaken/pushing for the mislynch; she could be scum lld nailed/decided to bus. I can see it any of those four ways and cannot yet tell which is the most likely.

Still, given that: will lynch jjh, Ari, or Krazy.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3179 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:38 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Hey mastina I think I asked you some questions. Care to respond?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #3180 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:04 am

Post by Katsuki »

In post 3162, Jingle wrote:
In post 3160, Katsuki wrote:Only comics worth reading are Archie comics.
Afterlife with Archie is great.
Oh shit that series went real dark! O_O

Will take a look to see if bookstore has that.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3181 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:28 am

Post by jjh927 »

Mastina, are you ready to talk yet
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3182 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:38 am

Post by jjh927 »

Like, I'm pretty sure you can give reasoning so I don't understand why you are avoiding it
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
mastina
mastina
She
False Prophet
mastina
She
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3183 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:43 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3179, Aristophanes wrote:Hey mastina I think I asked you some questions. Care to respond?
I will admit that in my skimming through the thread it is fully possible that I missed your questions, but I can tell you that if I saw any questions I thought were worth answering I'd have already answered them.
mastina
mastina
She
False Prophet
mastina
She
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3184 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:54 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3182, jjh927 wrote:Like, I'm pretty sure you can give reasoning so I don't understand why you are avoiding it
Mostly lack of interest. If my scumread on you is wrong, you don't need me to explain the erroneous scumread; all you need to do is prove that you are town, something which if you are town you will do without me needing to prompt you on it. Thus far, you have not. But if you are town, you'll do it on your own, given the appropriate time.

If my scumread on you is right,then I only need to explain it when I am pushing for your lynch. That's not happening today and frankly probably isn't happening tomorrow, either.

Either way, I don't really see a need to explain it. I don't see a need to engage you on it. Mind you, that doesn't mean that I have no reason to engage with you; bring up a subject with me which isn't about yourself and I guarantee you that I will either engage with you or if I don't, my lack of engagement is utterly unrelated to you/my scumread and said lack of engagement would exist even if it were Ank making a literally identical post. (Basically, I can't promise that I would engage with you because frankly sometimes I am just not in the mood to engage, but I can promise you that if I failed to engage with you about a non-you-centric subject, said lack of engagement is purely lack of desire to engage with anyone, with you not being singled out.)
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3185 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:02 am

Post by jjh927 »

Yeah except I might be able to place you better if you explain it

I don't particularly care about convincing you that you are wrong omg
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3186 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:02 am

Post by jjh927 »

Where did that omg come from wtf phone
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3187 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:07 am

Post by popsofctown »

Why are you focusing on the most mechanicked slot? If people from Alisae's list start turning up dead the slot will be hands off until at least LyLo-1.

Mulling over a 1-shot factional Vanillizer shot or something?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
mastina
mastina
She
False Prophet
mastina
She
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3188 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:08 am

Post by mastina »

BTW on the logic of, "If LLD is scum, Ari must be town because Aristophanes wouldn't hard defend a scumbuddy like that":
No.
Just no.
That logic literally couldn't be any more wrong.

1: Pine is adverse to bussing. He will bus when necessary, but in general dislikes it. While I expect some scum contributed to the lld lynch, more of the scumteam is either going to be neutral or in defense of her.
2: Pine is fond of forming scumblocs. He will encourage scum to defend, even hard defend, each other. That doesn't mean that everyone defending lld is automatically suspect, but it does mean that you should never clear a player for said hard defense of scum.
3: Pine loves to take advantage of "scum would never do that!", and hard defending a scumbuddy is absolutely in this category.
4: Even without Pine's influence, I can envision a scum Aristophanes defending a scumbuddy, because it feels like the kind of move that he would think of.

Also, obviously the whole defense rides on lld flipping scum. Given her attempted self hammer, this is the far more likely outcome of course, but in the event lld flips town, there's a much simpler name for what Ari did: scum whiteknighting the mislynch for cheap towncred.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3189 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:16 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 3187, popsofctown wrote:Why are you focusing on the most mechanicked slot? If people from Alisae's list start turning up dead the slot will be hands off until at least LyLo-1.

Mulling over a 1-shot factional Vanillizer shot or something?
It's generally a bad idea to believe mastina's day 1 claims

If I were a vig who was not mastina I would still shoot in Alisae's list

I think it's still helpful to place Mastina, even if I have no intention of actually pushing her.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
White Knight
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3190 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:16 am

Post by Dannflor »

so, I don't think I'm gonna have time to finish my reads list, so I'm just gonna do a real quick few sentence blurb about the rest of my reads so at least the info is out there

I gotta go to work after this but if I get back before the deadline I'll try to answer any questions

popsofctown
- A lot of the scum reads here seem to be gut mostly? I would like to engage with people who scum read this slot. I don't see it. The way she's engaged with the game so far has seemed very town, particularly regarding the Alisae/LLD situation.

PenguinPower
- Not a super solid read—idk if I'll ever have a solid read on the lurkers—but I think town based off his interactions with FF and some genuine attempts to jam and sort. Feels town but I'm wary if he maintains the same level of not-doing-anything tomorrow.

Pink Ball
- I had the same reaction as PB to the appreciation page stuff. I know usually it shouldn't be taken as AI, but PB strikes me as the type of guy who'd be less likely to try and get on people's good side through emotional manipulation as scum. Otherwise I'm not super impressed yet though, and I can't tell if his interactions with Pine and the fruit stuff is genuinely squicky or just PB being PB. Regardless, I think he'll be easier to read as the game goes on.

MariaR
- Probably town. I think her saying some of my early posts were surface-level make sense—because well, they were—and I always assign town points to people who actually read what I'm saying in some of my more rambly wall posts instead of just saying I'm town for my word count. Not much else has stood out to me about this slot.

Gamma Emerald
- Town. This is a similar read to Iconeum. Pure tone and I remember him popping in during all the drama with spoilered posts of him catching up and asking questions. It's not scum looking for town cred for being productive, it's just town trying to get into the game.

chennisden
- His pop ins and pop outs are scummy. I found his attack on Menalque ironically opportunistic itself. It seemed much more surface level than say, Ank's case, who was at least taking the time to look at Menalque's motivations and engage. His scum self-meta posts were just... weird too? I don't recall him micromanaging the game state in Gameshow mafia at all.

xofelf
- Lean scum. Nothing impressive in the ISO. I would say more likely to be scum if LLD flips scum. This is basically the opposite case of Aristophanes. While Ari's defense of LLD is not how I'd expect scum to defend scum at all, xofelf's pop in is exactly how I'd expect scum to try to defend scum. If LLD flips town this is probably closer to null.

GreyICE
- Probably town. Popping in to unvote LLD out of principle is +town equity. It makes more sense for scum to just lay low during that shit show and let Ali carry through the lynch regardless of what LLD's alignment turns out to be.

Jjh
- Mixed. I've been suspicious of this slot since early game, but I've liked his responses to pressure and more recently liked some of his posts. I think this is a slot that slides closer to town on a scum!LLD flip.

Chickadee
- I don't remember a ton about this slot. But I remember liking my interactions with her in regards to sorting PB and her progression from her first reads list to now. I'll be interested in how she uses the neighborizer and if that changes her play at all. A less confident read that I need to pay more attention to.

Iconeum
- Town. very pure tone. When he came in he was much more focused on getting caught up and solving than taking a side in the Ali/LLD stuff, which I think is +town. He could have very easily played the not-caught-up excuse and just sheeped Ali. His attempts to do stuff are good imo and particularly because there was no need for him to do anything while all the drama was going on. Like I said, scum probably just lurk through that, or use it to make themselves look better somehow.

Katsuki
- Uh maybe town? Not super confident here. I don't really know how to read this play style very well. I think his push on LLD probably doesn't come from scum regardless of how LLD flips.

pedit:
BTW on the logic of, "If LLD is scum, Ari must be town because Aristophanes wouldn't hard defend a scumbuddy like that":
No.
Just no.
That logic literally couldn't be any more wrong.
The problem is is that there are just way more
effective
ways to defend LLD. Ari was never going to stop LLD's lynch the way he was going about it.

ok that's about it for me before the end of twilight unless anyone has any specific questions or wants to engage with me about Pops
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
White Knight
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3191 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:18 am

Post by Dannflor »

green are my strongest town reads

yellow-green are my town leans

yellow is my mixed

pinkish is my lean scum

red is my scum reads

if that wasn't already clear
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3192 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:20 am

Post by popsofctown »

I want to be light blue, light blue Yoshi is the one whose favorite fruit is the grapes.

I replaced into this game to roleplay Yoshi's Story, not to play mafia.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
mastina
mastina
She
False Prophet
mastina
She
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3193 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:27 am

Post by mastina »

In post 3132, Jingle wrote:
Vote Count 1.17
Flavor

A HAMMER!

Lady Lambdadelta (13): , , , , , , , , , , ,, ,
Aristophanes (2): , ,
xofelf (2): , ,
the worst (1): ,
chennisden (1): ,
Jjh927 (1): ,
Firebringer (1): ,
Menalque (0):
ankamius (0):
Iconeum (0):
Krazy (0):
xReckonerx (0):
mastina (0):
PenguinPower (0):
Chickadee (0):
MariaR (0):
Gamma Emerald (0):
DrippingGoofball (0):
popsofctown (0):
GreyICE (0):
Titus (0):
Formerfish (0):
Pink Ball (0):
Dannflor (0):
Katsuki (0):

Alisae is endorsing:

Not Voting (4): xofelf, xReckonerx, , ,

Deadline: Day 1 will last 10 days, ending on June 17th. This is in (expired on 2019-09-17 15:00:00).

Ducky is V/LA.
Spyconeum is V/LA on Saturdays and Sundays and until the 20th.
Fruit Available: Neighborizor (Requested by Chickadee and Menalque)
Fruit Available: Watcher (Requested by Pink Ball, popsofctown, Gamma Emerald, and Krazy)
If you have mod questions feel free to bold them in the thread with @Jingle or send them to me by PM.
Double checking vote accuracy after I start twilight!
Lazy vca, assuming lld flips scum:
The lld wagon is mostly towndriven. Even if every possible scum on the wagon was scum (the worst, Krazy, jjh, pops), it'd still be 9.5/13.5 town voting her. And that is the MAXIMUM number of scum. Far more likely is 1-3, let's say two.

If lld is scum, and if we go with two scum on, that's three off. Possibilities: chennis, Ari, PP, DGB, xofelf, Reck.
Of that grouping, I'd go Ari > PP = xofelf > DGB = Reck = chennis.
On the wagon, of the four possible scum, it'd go:
Krazy > jjh > the worst > pops.

Those ten most likely contain five scum.
The trick lies in finding which five man combo it is.

My guess of guesses: Ari, PP or xofelf lean PP, Krazy, the worst, jjh or pops with outside chance of chennis.

This is just a hypothetical guess as to a coherent scumteam pick tho. It doesn't reflect read strength; read strength and scumteam guesses not being one and the same is a concept I'm not sure how to explain so hopefully you get the idea without me needing to.

Basically, for my reads, refer to my readslist wall post; for the most likely scumteam combo, refer to here; the two aren't identical even though there is significant overlap between the two.
mastina
mastina
She
False Prophet
mastina
She
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #3194 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:42 am

Post by mastina »

Speaking of the readslist, to give it without the accompanying wall:
Skygazer/Titus
Ankamius
Dannflor
LLD-scum GreyIce
LLD-scum Katsuki

Chickadee
Pink Ball

MariaR
Gamma Emerald
Firebringer
Formerfish
Iconeum

Menalque

Untrod Tripod/xReckonerx
chennisden

DrippingGoofBall

PenguinPower
xofelf

LLD-town Katsuki
LLD-town GreyIce

popsofctown

the worst

jjh
Aristophanes
Krazy

Thereabouts. This is the best I can give.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3195 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by Krazy »

Well I look forward to eating your bullet mastina <3
vote conspiracy
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3196 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by Ankamius »

why am I a townread for you mastina
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3197 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 3174, Pink Ball wrote:I think his reaction to the appreciation page was townie. I don't think he would seize the opportunity to interact with me when I was being genuine and doing something not game related.
Cool, can you say which posts this was? Like his posts starting from here? https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... #p11237876

I don't see anything in the next two pages so I guess you mean that post and this post https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.p ... #p11237894 ?
vote conspiracy
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3198 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 3174, Pink Ball wrote:Gamma because I'm bad at reading him and he called me out for it when I threw him bait.
I mean, I get the sentiment here but I feel like Gamma is more openly manipulative about people's reads on him when he is scum.
vote conspiracy
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #3199 (ISO) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:21 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Wait was lld lynched or not. I am not following and too lazy to read
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown