Magical Girls UPick - Heart of Shadow (Game Over)

Forum rules
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:55 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 348, Bitmap wrote:
@LLD
In post 167, Titus wrote:
In post 164, Bitmap wrote:
In post 161, Titus wrote:Gameplay seems much more opportunistic. He has a naked, buzzword filled vote pattern that sought permission/popularity for his vote.

Gameplay is the one who asks if it's ok to be trying hard on page 7.

Are you two buddies? The cognitive dissonance/ selective application is real there.
Is this a chainsaw defense?

And no, we're not buddies. If you have a stronger reasoning I'll gladly vote gameplay.
I've been wondering if Gameplay was chainsawing you actually. You had a wagon based mostly vanity.

RC does his being RC thing. Then Gameplay comes in with his garbage vote on me while randomly saying you're good.
In post 169, Titus wrote:
In post 126, gameplay506 wrote:Is it too early to start with the semi-serious fos's or should I not read too much into what has been posted huh
In post 127, gameplay506 wrote:Just gonna
VOTE: Titus
In post 130, gameplay506 wrote:Idk most players have been joking but Titus is the only one who left an odd feeling in me
Same with bitmap but replace odd with good

Oof sorry if I'm being too serious and ruining the fun, I will go back to my rl now :shifty:
This. It's got nothing but "odd" and "good" which mean nothing for a serious FoS and then his vote.
Why would you call Titus' defense her chainsaw? She's defending herself. That's not chainsaw. That's the opposite of what a chainsaw is.

You on the other hand, attacking Titus in the way you did could be chainsaw defending Gameplay in this scenario.

Definition: Attacking someone who is attacking another player to defend that second player from the first.

As for my opinion on it, Gameplay feels really green. How long has he been playing mafia? That will change my view on him.

Titus is playing like Titus. I'll read her when I start paying more attention to see if she's actually targetting things for manipualtion and control. For now, she's right and you're wrong so...Null leaning scum actually. Titus rarely makes this much sense when she's town.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

11 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you, click here.
If you wish to speak to one of us, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra and Airna.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Eventide
Lady Eventide
Goon
Lady Eventide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:56 pm

Post by Lady Eventide »

In post 281, Gamma Emerald wrote:
I call her Misty and it makes her voice go all high pitched and cute.
Awww, that's adorable <3

- lilliaire
Bitmap
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by Bitmap »

In post 350, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Why would you call Titus' defense her chainsaw? She's defending herself. That's not chainsaw. That's the opposite of what a chainsaw is.

You on the other hand, attacking Titus in the way you did could be chainsaw defending Gameplay in this scenario.

Definition: Attacking someone who is attacking another player to defend that second player from the first.

As for my opinion on it, Gameplay feels really green. How long has he been playing mafia? That will change my view on him.
The way I said "chainsaw defense" was more of a question and not a declaration. I'm not too good at calling it out yet.
In post 350, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Titus is playing like Titus. I'll read her when I start paying more attention to see if she's actually targetting things for manipualtion and control. For now, she's right and you're wrong so...Null leaning scum actually. Titus rarely makes this much sense when she's town.
wat?
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:04 pm

Post by Tana and Ephraim »

Pops also might be scum.

LLD's entrance is good enough. ~Ephraim
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:09 pm

In post 352, Bitmap wrote:
In post 350, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Why would you call Titus' defense her chainsaw? She's defending herself. That's not chainsaw. That's the opposite of what a chainsaw is.

The way I said "chainsaw defense" was more of a question and not a declaration. I'm not too good at calling it out yet.
In post 350, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Titus is playing like Titus. I'll read her when I start paying more attention to see if she's actually targetting things for manipualtion and control. For now, she's right and you're wrong so...Null leaning scum actually. Titus rarely makes this much sense when she's town.
wat?

Sure, let me help you.

Chainsaw defending, lesson 1:

Player A
Player B
Player C

Player A suspects Player B of being scum, and pushes at them.
Player B is struggling or neutral in this exchange.
Player C attacks Player A, with equal intensity, targeting their push at Player B, as opposed to saying why player B is town.

In this case, Player C is Chainsaw Defending Player B. It's often done by scum to build connections for later in the game with townies who will trust them, and to control where lynches will go. Not frequently done Scum onto Scum but as with everything variance is a thing that exists so. Can also be done by a Townie who has genuine belief or conviction and/or a desire to control the town more heavily themselves.

Hope that helped.

As for Titus, Titus recently went through a divorce and has been lethargic since. This Titus is withing Titus ranges. Erratic, strange, but due to events a lot less energetic than normally presented.

The final line about Titus' play is kind of a joke but has some truth to it. Titus as town often will theorycraft in insane ways, perhaps driven by paranoia perhaps driven by a desire to explore all options and cover all bases.

As scum Titus tries to EMULATE this which is hard because the moonlogic is truly out of this world levels of insane. So when Titus makes some level of sense to me/I don't wanna bash my brains in, Titus has higher scum equity.

Not a great tell, especially given the circumstances but it was worth mentioning.

That cover everything?

11 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you, click here.
If you wish to speak to one of us, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra and Airna.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:11 pm

also Pops

my favourite BL2 build is Support Siren. You get the healing spec shit, take a sniper and take the ability that allows you to res allies from range by hitting them with your Phaselock.

only works in multiplayer but it's super cool and a lot of fun as a non-intuitive way to play.

Bitmap
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:12 pm

Post by Bitmap »

I see. This clears a bit.

Also sorry about what happened, Titus. You seem really cool and wish the best for your real life endeavors.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Lady Eventide
Lady Eventide
Goon
Lady Eventide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:17 pm

Post by Lady Eventide »

In post 286, Hidden Happiness wrote:
In post 281, Gamma Emerald wrote:What us this option C
We play a normal game of mafia and not do any of the stupid stuff that happens around my slot. But, as I said thanks to my partner if that happens~
In post 282, Tana and Ephraim wrote:I didn't misread you in Project Arch tho, what makes you think i'd misread you here?
-Tana
I always expect people to go into a game scumreading me to some extent besides 3 people. None of that are in this game. Although with you it's more so. "If I even speak of a scumread on Sakura she's gonna try and kill me."
In post 284, Tana and Ephraim wrote:Like if it isnt obvious im trying to learn to read people im usually paranoid of, i did that with you and RC in Project Arch
-Tana
I am very thankful for this and I do hope everyone else does the same!
In post 283, Lady Eventide wrote:
In post 280, Hidden Happiness wrote:My hydra partner. Also called Mistress. Or Nine if we sign our posts.

I'll be signing my posts with
~Celica
... She literally goes by "Mistress"? Really?
I call her Misty and it makes her voice go all high pitched and cute.
Lily thinks "mistress" is a super cute name, and I bet she'll love "misty" as a diminuitive of it.~

(She'll probably be annoyed at me for posting this though. She's very shy, and has very little mafia experience; she's feeling quite stressed about the game tbqh, and is already blaming herself for getting us scumread by whatsisface D-name sorry I don't have everybody in my head yet.)
Lady Eventide
Lady Eventide
Goon
Lady Eventide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Post by Lady Eventide »

In post 298, Bitmap wrote:I don't feel like Lady Eventide's posts have been that from town lately. Too mechanical and no scumhunting.

VOTE: Lady Eventide
@Lilliarie told you so

Yeah I'll get on that.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Hahahahaha LLD thinks I have friends.

Pedit: I think the non Lillaire head is the scummier of the two if that makes Lily feel better (?)
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:23 pm

Feeling worse and worse about Bitmap scumread and better and better about this one:

VOTE: Popsofctown

~Ephraim
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:24 pm

In post 359, popsofctown wrote:Hahahahaha LLD thinks I have friends.

Pedit: I think the non Lillaire head is the scummier of the two if that makes Lily feel better (?)

I'll be your friend, if you wanna play BL.

popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:28 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I'll pick up BL3, then.

I think I agree on Bitmap town
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Lady Eventide
Lady Eventide
Goon
Lady Eventide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:31 pm

Post by Lady Eventide »

In post 333, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 299, Tana and Ephraim wrote:The fact that both LLD and Katsuki have expressed intent to lurk is beyond concerning and I don't think either slot should be left alive past even day 1 if they are lurking.
Where did I express my intent to lurk?

I said I'm not doing shit with this game for a tiny bit because I'm playing Borderlands 3 with friends and it's way more relaxing than thinking about a mafia game.

Actually I was pretty clear about what I was doing.

And given you appear to know better (fuck hydrae I have no idea who is in there) it's a bit suspicious you think I would ever lurk... or if I was lurking I'd ever actively state I was gonna just do it.

Mind explaining yourself?
Oh hi LLD, nice to see you are in fact playing.

Nice counterattack too.

I think you're getting off a bit too easily here, tbqh. I may just be seeing that your play is super consistent regardless of alignment, but...

VOTE: Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Eventide
Lady Eventide
Goon
Lady Eventide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:33 pm

Post by Lady Eventide »

Bitmap town... I can see it but I think it's a bit hasty, I don't like the sharpness of their voteflip.

Also if we forget to sign it's almost always Evenstar just 'cause the majority of our posts are Evenstar.
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:34 pm

I'm not townreading LLD, but I'm not scumreading her either. I'm not quite sure what your expectations are here: do you think that she's actually been scummy?
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:39 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Was that Tana or Ephraim?

BL3 doesn't have crossplatform play, I only have PC and PS4
"Well, I..."
Lady Eventide
Lady Eventide
Goon
Lady Eventide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:39 pm

Post by Lady Eventide »

In post 365, Tana and Ephraim wrote:I'm not townreading LLD, but I'm not scumreading her either. I'm not quite sure what your expectations are here: do you think that she's actually been scummy?
I think that she's playing just like how she did in G5 of quals on MU, and she was a wolf there. The highly counter-aggressive persona is very unlike the more casual interactions I've had with her, so I'm trying to figure out if that's Mafia!Lexi in general or Scum!Lexi specifically.

-Eva
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 303, Bitmap wrote:
In post 302, DrDolittle wrote:actually bitmap you know what youre right VOTE: eventide

@Eph to bitmap about his gut.
I thought about it some more, saw what people said, and came to the conclusion as of now, that talking about game mechanics is probably not the best idea.

I don't feel like saying more about it.
I kinda feel you're trying to close a can of worms here
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:40 pm

Fair.
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:41 pm

Pops, Bitmap, no reaction to my scumreads on you? ~Ephraim
Lady Eventide
Lady Eventide
Goon
Lady Eventide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:42 pm

Post by Lady Eventide »

I am fine with the can of worms remaining closed: one D1 lynch over talking too much about mechanics is enough for this month, thanks.

-Eva
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 323, Titus wrote:Well Sailor might be scum.
In post 324, Titus wrote:VOTE: Sailor
Talk about this, it feels sudden
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:43 pm

I just realized that Lily is not Hanasawa.
Bitmap
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:43 pm

Post by Bitmap »

In post 370, Tana and Ephraim wrote:Pops, Bitmap, no reaction to my scumreads on you? ~Ephraim
In post 360, Tana and Ephraim wrote:
Feeling worse and worse about Bitmap scumread
and better and better about this one:

VOTE: Popsofctown

~Ephraim
I wasn't sure you still scumread me or not.

In this game, I'm not afraid of scumreads. That's all I'll touch on this point.