Magical Girls UPick - Heart of Shadow (Game Over)

Forum rules
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:39 pm

Post by Tana and Ephraim »

In post 922, Lady Eventide wrote:Because if you are lying about having read the game, you are faking analysis. Which is the biggest red flag I know of in Mafia.

And your defensiveness here is giving you plenty of time to go and read it.
I would appreciate on an out of game level if you would stop trying to use my refusal to risk a ban when the moderators are itchy to pull the trigger on me anyway as ammunition in a game.
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:41 pm

My proficiency as scum is high enough that I don't rely on falsehoods. If I wanted to use meta against you I'd do the due diligence to actually verify the meta and everyone in this game besides you knows that.
I literally am incapable of referencing the meta. It's done. It's not alignment indicative. If you want to call me scum then cite something else.
Lady Eventide
Lady Eventide
Goon
Lady Eventide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:44 pm

Post by Lady Eventide »

In post 923, Tana and Ephraim wrote:But it seems you're getting hung up over these "reasons" from "reading your games" instead of... you know, adressing the fact that i called your vote opportunistic, also you mentioned you wanted to hear more from us when there's a big ISO with posts from both, and we've consistently interacted with the playerbase and provided reads as we form them. But NOPE, apparently we're scum because RC read your games and figured you were scum from doing so, everything else be damned.
-Tana
... Huh. Interesting.

Yes, there is a big ISO. Nonetheless, I wanted to hear more. Wanting to hear more =/= calling you inactive, please do be clear regarding that.

I still want to hear more from RC and get real proof he's read WC1, but this feels good. I think Dolittle's my priority now, rather than you two.

VOTE: DrDolittle
Lady Eventide
Lady Eventide
Goon
Lady Eventide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:48 pm

Post by Lady Eventide »

In post 926, Tana and Ephraim wrote:My proficiency as scum is high enough that I don't rely on falsehoods. If I wanted to use meta against you I'd do the due diligence to actually verify the meta and everyone in this game besides you knows that.
I literally am incapable of referencing the meta. It's done. It's not alignment indicative. If you want to call me scum then cite something else.
Not relying on falsehoods =/= never using them.

Not asking you to reference the meta. Asking you to provide a single factual piece of information that demonstrates you have read WC1. I seriously don't understand how you can believe the mods to have such an itchy trigger finger.
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:49 pm

In post 927, Lady Eventide wrote:Wanting to hear more =/= calling you inactive, please do be clear regarding that.
Ok, i acknowledge that this is what you meant and not what i thought you meant. But I still think there's enough information in our ISO to sort us instead of getting hung up over RC wanting to avoid getting banned because you made the mistake of linking an ongoing game before getting informed on this site's rules.

P-Edit: Believe me, they do.
-Tana
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:49 pm

I was once banned for saying that a user "was not as smart as they think they are."
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:50 pm

Ongoing games is literally one of the most touchy subjects in this site, because it can damage the integrity of them.
-Tana
Lady Eventide
Lady Eventide
Goon
Lady Eventide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:51 pm

Post by Lady Eventide »

In post 930, Tana and Ephraim wrote:I was once banned for saying that a user "was not as smart as they think they are."
... Wow, really???

Okay then I guess.
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:51 pm

I can provide an arbitrary piece of evidence that I read WC1. What good does that do at this stage? If I hadn't read it when I said I had, I certainly could have read it by now, as you established.
Like I
can
do this but it objectively serves no purpose and I'd rather not provide ammunition towards keeping this game in the dangerous territory that it's already been in.
Lady Eventide
Lady Eventide
Goon
Lady Eventide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:54 pm

Post by Lady Eventide »

In post 933, Tana and Ephraim wrote:I can provide an arbitrary piece of evidence that I read WC1. What good does that do at this stage? If I hadn't read it when I said I had, I certainly could have read it by now, as you established.
Like I
can
do this but it objectively serves no purpose and I'd rather not provide ammunition towards keeping this game in the dangerous territory that it's already been in.
That's fair enough and I apologize. Now can we please get some pressure on someone who isn't me? Because 1: I'm town, 2: your read is wrong, and 3: I don't want the rest of this dayphase to go to waste due to my fuckup.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:58 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

:yawn:
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:08 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I am not as smart as I think I am
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Lady Eventide
Lady Eventide
Goon
Lady Eventide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:12 pm

Post by Lady Eventide »

Oh dear. I'm personally not a fan of all this hostile air, but I suppose that's mafia.
Tana and Ephraim wrote:Evenstar's pretty transparently scum.
Tana and Ephraim wrote:Wait my hydra partner already voted Evenstar.

I'm super proud of Tana rn
I think the best I can say is that if Eventide reveals as town, I hope people think about these two lines and what this certainty implies about Tana/Ephraim.

- lilliaire
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:13 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 930, Tana and Ephraim wrote:I was once banned for saying that a user "was not as smart as they think they are."
Was it Firebringer?
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:13 pm

In post 937, Lady Eventide wrote:if Eventide reveals as town, I hope people think about these two lines and what this certainty implies about Tana/Ephraim.

- lilliaire
if
Evenstar reveals as town? Is that in doubt?
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:13 pm

In post 938, Katsuki wrote:
Was it Firebringer?
No, it was RB.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:14 pm

Post by Katsuki »

lmao
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:14 pm

Post by Katsuki »

he's a rock alright
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
- GreyICE

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:19 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 737, Lady Eventide wrote:Wow, like six pages of useless flaming overnight. Mafia must be laughing and laughing right now.

And it all started with pressure being put on Sailor Senshi, so guess where my vote's going?

VOTE: Sailor Senshi

If the thread explodes when someone gets pressured, >rand they're scum.
It feels like you're taking some mental shortcuts on the critical thinking here, in a way that I find a little scummy. "Guess where my vote's going?" has this air of justification to it.
That's apart from whether the heuristic is good. I prefer the heuristic I (re)posted in Role Call I to try to prevent the losing mislynch:
In post 3042, popsofctown wrote:
In post 1395, GuyInFreezer wrote:By the way I have developed this wonderful D1 tell relating to RC.

If the player
1. knows RC
2. goes hail mary on him D1
In post 1396, GuyInFreezer wrote:The player is most likely town.
The meta on 2/3rds of the slot suggests it should be pretty readable by lategame, so it'd take something that I unambiguously interpret as scummy for me to want to wagon it. I do agree it's survivalist scum-indicative that Krazy posted so quickly after the slot got any attention, and his characterization of the gamestate was very scum indicative too. But lots of stuff counsels the other way.
In post 747, gameplay506 wrote:And I mean it, your iso is a sad read for a 30 page long game, Lady.
Can we call this slot something else since Lady Lambdadelta is also a Lady?

@DDL: is "leanscum" or "weak scummy" closer to cop guiltied for you?
In post 793, Lady Eventide wrote: Ugh, I wish I had the multi-iso tool from mafiauniverse here.
We have a multi-iso tool represented by a hyperlinked plus, max 3 slots.
In post 799, Dannflor wrote:
In post 649, popsofctown wrote:No. I'm hoping we get even more developments and information by the time I'm revoting anywhere, and it might not be Senshi. I'm still possibly a sucker for the (fake?) townslip.

If you scumread me I hope I at least get to be town IRL, though.
Of course you're town IRL <3

What town slip did you see?

Also, where are the rest of your reads right now?
The first post saying "our role PMs imply it's singleball".
We don't have a sample mafia goon PM but it might have been phrased "your goal is for all the Hearts of Shadow to kill all others and for at least 1 member to survive." I guess it also might have been "kill all hearts of light" and then it's not a townslip at all.
In post 919, Lady Eventide wrote:
In post 913, Tana and Ephraim wrote:Anything I said about what is present in your scum play would be tantamount to saying that it's not present in the same amount in your town play and thus would constitute discussing the town game to a level that I'm not comfortable with.
... If this is the actual rule I'm leaving this community. Because that's dumb as hell.
Nah pretty sure that's not the actual rule. It's pretty strict but not third order inferences strict.

Reads, for Dancefloor
Bitmap - Schrodinger's reread.
Café Stile - light green
Chaos Wind - hard town. There was an early post that was really could. I feel lazy. You'll have to find a way to make me not lazy. Without using those kitten powers you already expended. What a poor lifechoice you have made, Danceflor
DrDoLittle - Slightly town for not using drayma as an excuse to cop-out from playing mafia I think, though he hasn't gotten to play that much mafia yet.
gameplay506 - I feel kind of like volxen in Old Newbies in terms of seeing how my own meta could absolutely create a scumread on my slot, to the point of townreading the scumread. I find it curious RCEenigma hasn't done the same, only having 1 completed game of advantage on gameplay, and that being a game where he misread me. It raises the question of how possible it is to reset biases you had during a game when you incorporate new information in on a meta of a player? There's this other possibility that RCEnigma is just really damn good at mafia.
Gamma Emerald - He's kind of townie but I give him a harsh handicap on how townie I expect him to bleed.
HH, Katsuki, LLD - null
Tana and Ephraim - Sakura Hana did Sakura Hana obvtowning that I heard so many rumors about in the first few pages of the game before any of the muddle so I have the slot written off as town.
Titus - She seems hard to read, I've actually only played a couple RL days with Titus without being confirmed we share an alignment. Some of her positions seem convenient.
Promise Breaker - I lean town. I'm the wrong slot but I liked the general notion of trying not to miss the forest for the trees and not hone in on the grudge related voting patterns and look for voting patterns a bit more core to mafia.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:22 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I skipped Evenstar, she's probscum. Did I skip anyone else?
"Well, I..."
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:23 pm

Post by Titus »

Wait, you've been here since 2008 and Anyone can post is the only game we played together?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:24 pm

Pops what's your LE read?
Nah pretty sure that's not the actual rule. It's pretty strict but not third order inferences strict.
I was once banned for tactical replacing solely on the conjecture that my replace might have been tactical. Meanwhile, Flavor Leaf EXPLICITLY STATES that he's tactically replacing and doesn't get banned.
In the same banned, I was accused of bringing outside influences because me and Titus cited an email conversation that we had had outside of the thread. Something that most people do a lot.
I attempted to appeal the ban but I didn't get a response until anything that I had said until after the ban had expired, similarly to the ban for the RB situation.

This is mafiascum, it's not a question of your actions it's a question of how the mods feel about you.
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:25 pm

And I don't mean literally cited. I mean that we referenced a conversation that happened outside of the game. Same thing LLD and LE did in this game. Doesn't matter, if I do it it's banworthy.
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:26 pm

Like the situation was something along the lines of "well you said that you weren't going to do X thing" "no I didn't and/or that's not what I meant". but nah.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:30 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 943, popsofctown wrote:but I give him a harsh handicap on how townie I expect him to bleed.
What does this mean
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!