Magical Girls UPick - Heart of Shadow (Game Over)

Forum rules
Chaos Wind
Chaos Wind
Goon
Chaos Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:29 pm

Post by Chaos Wind »

In post 882, Lady Eventide wrote:
In post 868, Dannflor wrote:Lady Even where are your reads at right now?

Be as thorough as you can
Right now...

Frankly I don't have a lot. But of the people I've interacted with/can recall, 5 minute version so as not to get interrupted again:

LLD:
Inscrutable, but I don't like how she seems to be ducking all inquiries. I know she loves mafia, so her silence is concerning.
Cop:
Scummy in a vague kind of way; I don't like them, I want to see more. I had a better reason but I've lost it somewhere.
Sailor Senshi:
Were lurking, which is a pet peeve of mine, and also were a source of the thread blowup, but TBQH my vote here was crappy and I ought to have known better. They've defended themselves well since and I think their reactions are towny. Not going back here today unless I find a very good reason, esp given the number of hops on here. (Who else was on this? God I want the VCA tools from MU.)
Tana and Ephraim:
Are currently pinging me very hard, both for tone reasons and because they're throwing shade at me but don't actually seem to want to lynch me. I feel like they're reading me as a weak town player they can mislynch later. Also they called me "a weak scum" when my scumgame LITERALLY GOT ME TO THE FINALE OF THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS. Seriously? Have clearly not done any background meta on me whatsoever and ignored my previously posted scumgame.
Cafe Stiles:
Seems towny but fluffy at a first impression. Haven't looked into deeper, should.
Groar
Croag:
Scummy, because reasons.
Katsuki:
Is being weird, but I
think
it's a town kind of weird? Overall I want to see more and would not vote here right now.
Gameplay:
... I think they're town. I don't like how they play the game, but I think they're town. They seem to be motivated more by solving than by pushing for lynches, and that's good. Dislike them keeping me as a 'reserve lynch', but w/e.
Taristra
Titus:
Giving me very mixed signals, needs solving... but is posting enough, and is already under enough pressure, that I don't want to vote them right now. Would lynch Tana over them, would lynch them over Gameplay. Don't think that Sailor Senshi are scum rn, and that's a strike against them for an easy inactive push.
RCEnigma:
Gives me experienced-player vibes, but otherwise too early to judge alignment IMO. Gun to head, town.
DrDolittle:
Barely exists. I think he's voting me? Post seemed inoffensive at the time. Let me ISO fast he's only got 10 posts. First and apparently only
serious
vote... is on me, and IMO seems a bit opportunistic now. I was at what, three votes here? Deserves some investigation/pressure.
Bitmap:
No real read, should probably go back and look at esp. given his mentions and apparently having attracted some votes? Hm.
Hidden Happiness, Chaos Wind:
are both 2p hydras with nine posts. Need to contribute more.
Gamma Emerald:
Despite their vote on me there's nothing else in their ISO I can really complain about. They're just town.
Dannfor:
Likely town; you seem to be trying to solve me, rather than immediately writing me off as scum. I could be getting pocketed, but your ISO looks decent at a skim.

I hope I'm not missing anyone; activity list has a couple other people but I think they're parts of hydrae?

@Dannfor: I'll elaborate on this if you like but this is what I have in my head rn.

@Gameplay: her best
Look through this list

They stated that DDL deserved pressure and then followed up after their read on your slot changed

-Wind
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by Tana and Ephraim »

In post 975, Chaos Wind wrote:Look through this list

They stated that DDL deserved pressure and then followed up after their read on your slot changed

-Wind
So, the slightest effort at portraying a coherent thought process from the readslist to their next post even though several other reads in that readslist sound like they make more sense as their next vote is suddenly an amazing beacon of towniness? I'm not following this at all.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
White Knight
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 882, Lady Eventide wrote:DrDolittle: Barely exists. I think he's voting me? Post seemed inoffensive at the time. Let me ISO fast he's only got 10 posts. First and apparently only serious vote... is on me, and IMO seems a bit opportunistic now. I was at what, three votes here? Deserves some investigation/pressure.
this is all i got

but i don't really know what sort of reaction DDL is supposed to give to a vote

Why does he seem opportunistic, Lady Eventide?
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
White Knight

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:32 pm

Post by Dannflor »

ohp you guys got that already
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
White Knight

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:33 pm

Post by Dannflor »

I just don't know what makes DDL more deserving over Bitmap, HH, or Chaos Wind who she claimed to also not have a read on / or needed to contribute more
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:34 pm

Like Chaos Wind singling that out as goodposting is almost worse than LE's play. Read's scumbuddyish. But I was already reading Popsofctown as the likely scumbuddy so meh.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:37 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 965, Titus wrote:@RC, I'm going to ask you a series of odd-ball questions bc I think you're town and I have an odd decision to make. These questions aren't exclusive to RC. I do give more priority to townreads and strategic thinkers however.

Rank the utility of the following actions for town. Reasons not required. You may or may not factor in your own pm.

1) A cop and a vig
2) 2 roleblocks
3) 2 cops
4) A roleblock and a vig
5) 2 vigs
6) A roleblock and a cop
Was waiting on pops to do something similar to this, +1 to RC's order.
Chaos Wind
Chaos Wind
Goon
Chaos Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:37 pm

Post by Chaos Wind »

In post 976, Tana and Ephraim wrote:
In post 975, Chaos Wind wrote:Look through this list

-Wind
So, the slightest effort at portraying a coherent thought process from the readslist to their next post even though several other reads in that readslist sound like they make more sense as their next vote is suddenly an amazing beacon of towniness? I'm not following this at all.
Which other reads are you talking about? I'm thinking that they wanted to continue applying pressure so jumped to DDL instead of just unvoting which is towny

-Wind
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Yeah that was pretty weird. I would say it's scummy regardless of flips.

You're my buddy this game Ephraim, you just don't know it yet.

Time to shoot more bandits, I'll let any hydra partners I have take over for me while I'm gone.

pedit: p sure RC's ranking is perfect
I don't think the tradeoff on dayplay impact vs. actual mechanical optimization makes it worthwhile to post about the other 25 roles that are possibly in the setup. Clear/guilty slots -> act, can't clear slots -> holster, tweak as needed. (vigs clear slots. It's just very violent).
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:42 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Vig clears are the best kind.
Bitmap
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by Bitmap »

In post 865, Lady Eventide wrote:
In post 864, Tana and Ephraim wrote:
In post 863, Lady Eventide wrote:
In post 854, Tana and Ephraim wrote:I think this is going to be a town slaughter ~Ephraim
Why?
This doesn't really seem like a question that town asks.
You think I'm scum. And you're pushing for my lynch. And you simultaneously think it's going to be a town slaughter.

What the fuck?

Do you think that I'm scum or do you not? Or do you think that my scummates are so good that they can 'slaughter' town after I'm lynched D1?

This makes zero sense, and attacking me for the question makes
negative
sense.

... Y'know what,

VOTE: Tana And Ephraim

I want to hear more out of you two.
This is a bad post.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:47 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

VC 1.04
Tana and Ephraim (0):

Hidden Happiness (0):

Chaos Wind (0):

Croag (1):
Croag
Bitmap (1):
Gamma Emerald
RCEnigma (0):

Dannflor (0):

Sailor Senshi (3):
Titus, RCEnigma, Katsuki
Cafe Stile (1):
Chaos Wind
Gamma Emerald (0):

popsofctown (2):
Bitmap, gameplay506
DrDoLittle (1):
Lady Eventide
Titus (1):
Cafe Stile
Lady Eventide (4):
DrDoLittle, Tana and Ephraim, Dannflor, Sailor Senshi
Lady Lambdadelta (0):

gameplay506 (1):
Gamma Emerald
Katsuki (0):

Not Voting:
Hidden Happiness, Lady Lambdadelta, popsofctown

With 17 alive, 9 to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2019-09-27 16:41:30)

Pro Tip - If you use VOTE: tag instead of
tag to vote, your vote is less likely to be missed.
Last edited by GuyInFreezer on Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:52 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

VOTE: Bitmap for reasons.
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:53 pm

there's so many terrible votes this game

can we just vote eventid
Bitmap
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:53 pm

Post by Bitmap »

Pew pew.

VOTE: Lady Eventide
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:59 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Can't help but feel like sailor/Ephraim distracted everyone when bit was becoming a viable wagon.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:02 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 956, popsofctown wrote:
In post 950, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 943, popsofctown wrote:Promise Breaker
Who this
The man who was supposed to fill my life with kittens
Yeah I have no effin idea
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:05 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 965, Titus wrote:@RC, I'm going to ask you a series of odd-ball questions bc I think you're town and I have an odd decision to make. These questions aren't exclusive to RC. I do give more priority to townreads and strategic thinkers however.

Rank the utility of the following actions for town. Reasons not required. You may or may not factor in your own pm.

1) A cop and a vig
2) 2 roleblocks
3) 2 cops
4) A roleblock and a vig
5) 2 vigs
6) A roleblock and a cop
3 definitely the strongest then probably 5 and then 1, then 2, then 4 then 6 is the weakest imo.
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:10 pm

In post 990, RCEnigma wrote:Can't help but feel like sailor/Ephraim distracted everyone when bit was becoming a viable wagon.
i'm finding it really hard to believe there's only 4 scum this game with how terrible the quality of some of these posts are
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 987, RCEnigma wrote:VOTE: Bitmap for reasons.
Oh really. Why?

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:12 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 993, Tana and Ephraim wrote:
In post 990, RCEnigma wrote:Can't help but feel like sailor/Ephraim distracted everyone when bit was becoming a viable wagon.
i'm finding it really hard to believe there's only 4 scum this game with how terrible the quality of some of these posts are
I think people are playing with emotions over logic.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Okay didn't see this. I have my reason for voting Bitmap but you weren't in that game. So what are yours?

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:24 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 996, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Okay didn't see this. I have my reason for voting Bitmap but you weren't in that game. So what are yours?
I don't have a read one way or the other on bit outside of the direct pivot from his building wagon into the votes on sailor via sailor vs Ephraim. It implicates maybe LE but that's not as solid as the bit deflection itself.
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:29 pm

Post by DrDolittle »

Chaos Wind (Chemist1422 + Eragon) [X]: Hi titus as a post. Wind = Chemist.

RCEnigma [X]: How far along are you this game? Re: . Are you just popping in and checking what's hot? Same question to
Katuski

Dannflor [X]: dann dann dance dann @, remains concilliatory, in , but now extend the courtesy to Eventide. I know you are a nice person in gameplay, but this seems a bit too much. Can you link?

popsofctown [X]: @weak scum is more cop guilty than lean scum in that context, but should be used pretty interchangeably.

Titus [X]: Compared to RC I pref 6 over 5. Cop alone is better than double vig IMO, but partially because im not confident enough to vig recklessly.

Lady Eventide (Evenstar + Lillaire)[X]: Re: . The only strong personal attack that was made was Eph calling Mercury a bad person. Regardless, you admitted you barely read the exchange, context matters. SS Venus notices the same in . T&E vote doesn't make sense; even if it is interpreted as "scum will slaughter" its not vote worthy compared to things that has happened this game. Vote on me in is weird. Why am I your priority?

I really don't like the vibe Evenstar is tossing. It reads scum trying to flex to showcase how good he is in front of lilaire to get out of the lynch. But by virtue of this added pressure, Evenstar is more stressed, and posts are being more absurd. Can you comment? How does having SO as hydra here impact your gameplay, you think?

gameplay506 [X]: remains town @814, literally by virtue of reading not for the sake of incriminating. "I read Dr Do's read on [titus] which i disagree", which makes sense since my town read for titus was pretty flimsy
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:30 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Because I'm an idiot, I forgot one crucial thing. Day 1 start post is now updated with Transformation Gauge.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae