Magical Girls UPick - Heart of Shadow (Game Over)

Forum rules
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:04 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

Oof That quote doesn't belong there
Sailor Senshi
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:06 pm

Post by Sailor Senshi »

In post 1104, Lady Eventide wrote:... Ok, more or less actually caught up now. Gamma back-off on bitmap feels weird and what the fuck is with that timing? Also, announcing day roleblockers are a thing??
There is obviously a loud day roleblocker in this game. If they were town, they wasted their power on us. :lol:
Sailor Senshi
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:07 pm

Post by Sailor Senshi »

Null for me, though probably more town leaning null. No general reason just tonal feeling.

SS Venus
Sailor Senshi
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:12 pm

Post by Sailor Senshi »

In post 1146, Sailor Senshi wrote:
In post 1124, Katsuki wrote:
In post 1111, Sailor Senshi wrote:
In post 1043, Titus wrote:Sailor, your thoughts on recent events?

Can Shiro bake a cookie?
I have a book with recipes for chocolate cookies. And I mean Titus I kinda started this LE thing and as of now my thoughts haven't really changed infact the voting anyone that goes against them in an attempt to save face strengthens it.

I also do belive Katsuki should be lynched tommorow or vigged at night. I don't want to repeat heroes wanted. I really don't.
This is actually so scummy considering how I was voting+pushing scum virtually the entire time I was in that game, and lynched two mafia in the 3 days I was there.

You were a huge contributing factor towards my apathy that game given how you guys managed to spam out hundreds of pages in 3 game days and I can't even be mad at you for it because you were scum there.

VOTE: SAILOR
Funny though it should have been obvious it was me. Since I was responding to Titus about cookies with my name on it.
Well if Katsuki’s actually town here, if this game is any indication, both his current alt readings and scum readings need work.

At any rate, how is he making the connection between me being scum in HW with this game? The only part of it that I obviously had a problem with, is that Nero replaced him and his slot became obvtown.
Sailor Senshi
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:20 pm

Post by Sailor Senshi »

I’m starting to think LE may be mislynchbait.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:23 pm

Post by gameplay506 »

Why
Sailor Senshi
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:25 pm

Post by Sailor Senshi »

In post 718, Cafe Stile wrote:Oh come on I'm here for Magical Girls suffering not us the players ourselves for crying out loud.

I'm going to say though, this does not look like Town vs Scum for me. Krazy and us were scum hydra together in Port Arthur (I opted out of the hydra back then though) and she looks a bit different there and Tana and Ephraim's reaction also doesn't look scum. I mean the whole conflict aside, the interactions look almost NAI and maybe slight townread to both sides.

-Maika
Leaning town on CS
Sailor Senshi
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:33 pm

Post by Sailor Senshi »

Because she seems sincere eventhough her reads are generally bad. Is she scum or is she low charisma but RC is really good at seeing the difference, so I could still be wrong on that. @Shiro, we shouldn’t disregard RC’s read on LE. So, I guess null on her rn.

@Ephraim, do you think LE could possibly be mislynchbait here?

or are we being dumb?

~Mars
Sailor Senshi
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:44 pm

Post by Sailor Senshi »

In post 758, DrDolittle wrote:evidence that I'm reading.

Tana and Ephraim (Sakura Hana + RadiantCowbells) [X]: arrogance 401 reminds me of town, i like the pops push, I'm ok with the interaction with SS, but there's definitely some hokey: i.e. FoTM.

Bitmap [X]: lean town - I liked her grasp on eventide + I think the culling of discussion on game play is fair.

RCEnigma [X]: i think voting, inactive is typically scum as in 452.

Dannflor [X]: mmm, weak town read, but 533 interests me. does scum dan take a consiliatory tone towards his scum reads? his flop between SS-town vs scum makes me wary but could be cause he's a nice fellow.

Sailor Senshi (Shiro + Krazy + Nancy Drew 39) [X]: Nothing AI imo. But I'm town reading for [redacted] reasons

Gamma Emerald [X]: town, like the action of 383 attacking LLD, I also think pages 18-19 attacking bitmap is town driven, as agreement with most of the people. I liked his mediation - that was in good faith. Might be my strongest town read at the moment.

popsofctown [X]: lean scum, vote switch galore, hop on bitmap was no good imo. Other reasons here or there

Titus [X]: town, push lurkers, solid interaction with rc, etc.

Lady Eventide (Evenstar + Lillaire)[X]: scummy. but weak scummy, as discussed by bitmap and Dann. I thought "liliare felt bad" was town, but still nothing substantial by any means.

gameplay506 [X]: 714's summary is lame, but it's probably a town summary.
Kind of mindmelding with a lot of this. Null on Bitmap currently. Shiro is also suspicious of RCE. DD may also be town.
Sailor Senshi
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:54 pm

Post by Sailor Senshi »

Spoiler:
In post 260, Hidden Happiness wrote:
In post 76, popsofctown wrote:This setup rewards scumhunting more than townhunting, I suspect, if you kill a scum, they stop drinking off your same gauge on top of being deaded.
I don’t remember much about the last one besides the fact I carried as scum. But, I don’t think the bar was that big an issue the first time around? Sakura can hit me if I’m wrong here, but I don’t remember it ever overheating. Also there was no backup bar. I don’t think we should really alter our play much, day one for sure. But I’m not getting lynched day 1 so I’ll leave that to my partner~
In post 85, Bitmap wrote:pops i swear to fucking god if ur scum again
I would scumread this post if it came from anyone but bitmap for how big an overreaction this was to pops weird ass post.
In post 91, Dannflor wrote:
In post 85, Bitmap wrote:pops i swear to fucking god if ur scum again
this is an overreaction
Glad we agree.
In post 126, gameplay506 wrote:Is it too early to start with the semi-serious fos's or should I not read too much into what has been posted huh
Please, by all means, get some fos going so I don’t have to pretend that I care about these early game opinions. It makes my life much easier.
In post 262, Hidden Happiness wrote:
In post 152, Bitmap wrote:The vote hopping seems opportunistic.
Wow vote hoping in the early game where people call it RVS I can not believe the events happening right now…
In post 154, Bitmap wrote:It felt different from Dann's vote hopping.
In post 155, Bitmap wrote:Dann's were all vanity where pop has been voting on wagons with traction.
I don’t know how I feel about the fact you’re making decent posting right now. More so I don’t see scum you making this up at the moment. You don’t seem that good at scum. At least, to what I recall.
In post 183, Tana and Ephraim wrote:
In post 177, gameplay506 wrote:I never said it was a serious fos.
Hey guys! he never said it was a serius fos, he said it was a
semi-serious fos
, VERY VERY DIFFERENT.
-Tana
Wow Sakura are we gonna be making posts like this all game? Man if you wanna live in the shade please throw more. Although I was tempted to avoid talking about you and RC all together given you just scumread whoever pushes you and RC is well...RC but hey let’s throw a bone make some magic and see where it takes us right? Please just don’t waste my time.
In post 190, RCEnigma wrote:I too think Titus is town by why wouldn't Scum!Titus discredit the votes on her?
This post is bad, anyone in the history of mafia would try to discredit posts on them. Are we going to state other obvious facts? Here I’ll start. Enigma is scummy.

I’m liking Maria so far. Anyone have meta on DD? I still think tl but I could also see some parts as possibly fence sittery?
Sailor Senshi
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:11 pm

Post by Sailor Senshi »

CW may possibly be town.

Currently most sus on RCE and Pops.

Spoiler:
In post 943, popsofctown wrote:
In post 737, Lady Eventide wrote:Wow, like six pages of useless flaming overnight. Mafia must be laughing and laughing right now.

And it all started with pressure being put on Sailor Senshi, so guess where my vote's going?

VOTE: Sailor Senshi

If the thread explodes when someone gets pressured, >rand they're scum.
It feels like you're taking some mental shortcuts on the critical thinking here, in a way that I find a little scummy. "Guess where my vote's going?" has this air of justification to it.
That's apart from whether the heuristic is good. I prefer the heuristic I (re)posted in Role Call I to try to prevent the losing mislynch:
In post 3042, popsofctown wrote:
In post 1395, GuyInFreezer wrote:By the way I have developed this wonderful D1 tell relating to RC.

If the player
1. knows RC
2. goes hail mary on him D1
In post 1396, GuyInFreezer wrote:The player is most likely town.
The meta on 2/3rds of the slot suggests it should be pretty readable by lategame, so it'd take something that I unambiguously interpret as scummy for me to want to wagon it. I do agree it's survivalist scum-indicative that Krazy posted so quickly after the slot got any attention, and his characterization of the gamestate was very scum indicative too. But lots of stuff counsels the other way.
In post 747, gameplay506 wrote:And I mean it, your iso is a sad read for a 30 page long game, Lady.
Can we call this slot something else since Lady Lambdadelta is also a Lady?

@DDL: is "leanscum" or "weak scummy" closer to cop guiltied for you?
In post 793, Lady Eventide wrote: Ugh, I wish I had the multi-iso tool from mafiauniverse here.
We have a multi-iso tool represented by a hyperlinked plus, max 3 slots.
In post 799, Dannflor wrote:
In post 649, popsofctown wrote:No. I'm hoping we get even more developments and information by the time I'm revoting anywhere, and it might not be Senshi. I'm still possibly a sucker for the (fake?) townslip.

If you scumread me I hope I at least get to be town IRL, though.
Of course you're town IRL <3

What town slip did you see?

Also, where are the rest of your reads right now?
The first post saying "our role PMs imply it's singleball".
We don't have a sample mafia goon PM but it might have been phrased "your goal is for all the Hearts of Shadow to kill all others and for at least 1 member to survive." I guess it also might have been "kill all hearts of light" and then it's not a townslip at all.
In post 919, Lady Eventide wrote:
In post 913, Tana and Ephraim wrote:Anything I said about what is present in your scum play would be tantamount to saying that it's not present in the same amount in your town play and thus would constitute discussing the town game to a level that I'm not comfortable with.
... If this is the actual rule I'm leaving this community. Because that's dumb as hell.
Nah pretty sure that's not the actual rule. It's pretty strict but not third order inferences strict.

Reads, for Dancefloor
Bitmap - Schrodinger's reread.
Café Stile - light green
Chaos Wind - hard town. There was an early post that was really could. I feel lazy. You'll have to find a way to make me not lazy. Without using those kitten powers you already expended. What a poor lifechoice you have made, Danceflor
DrDoLittle - Slightly town for not using drayma as an excuse to cop-out from playing mafia I think, though he hasn't gotten to play that much mafia yet.
gameplay506 - I feel kind of like volxen in Old Newbies in terms of seeing how my own meta could absolutely create a scumread on my slot, to the point of townreading the scumread. I find it curious RCEenigma hasn't done the same, only having 1 completed game of advantage on gameplay, and that being a game where he misread me. It raises the question of how possible it is to reset biases you had during a game when you incorporate new information in on a meta of a player? There's this other possibility that RCEnigma is just really damn good at mafia.
Gamma Emerald - He's kind of townie but I give him a harsh handicap on how townie I expect him to bleed.
HH, Katsuki, LLD - null
Tana and Ephraim - Sakura Hana did Sakura Hana obvtowning that I heard so many rumors about in the first few pages of the game before any of the muddle so I have the slot written off as town.
Titus - She seems hard to read, I've actually only played a couple RL days with Titus without being confirmed we share an alignment. Some of her positions seem convenient.
Promise Breaker - I lean town. I'm the wrong slot but I liked the general notion of trying not to miss the forest for the trees and not hone in on the grudge related voting patterns and look for voting patterns a bit more core to mafia.
In post 882, Lady Eventide wrote:
In post 868, Dannflor wrote:Lady Even where are your reads at right now?

Be as thorough as you can
Right now...

Frankly I don't have a lot. But of the people I've interacted with/can recall, 5 minute version so as not to get interrupted again:

LLD:
Inscrutable, but I don't like how she seems to be ducking all inquiries. I know she loves mafia, so her silence is concerning.
Cop:
Scummy in a vague kind of way; I don't like them, I want to see more. I had a better reason but I've lost it somewhere.
Sailor Senshi:
Were lurking, which is a pet peeve of mine, and also were a source of the thread blowup, but TBQH my vote here was crappy and I ought to have known better. They've defended themselves well since and I think their reactions are towny. Not going back here today unless I find a very good reason, esp given the number of hops on here. (Who else was on this? God I want the VCA tools from MU.)
Tana and Ephraim:
Are currently pinging me very hard, both for tone reasons and because they're throwing shade at me but don't actually seem to want to lynch me. I feel like they're reading me as a weak town player they can mislynch later. Also they called me "a weak scum" when my scumgame LITERALLY GOT ME TO THE FINALE OF THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS. Seriously? Have clearly not done any background meta on me whatsoever and ignored my previously posted scumgame.
Cafe Stiles:
Seems towny but fluffy at a first impression. Haven't looked into deeper, should.
Groar
Croag:
Scummy, because reasons.
Katsuki:
Is being weird, but I
think
it's a town kind of weird? Overall I want to see more and would not vote here right now.
Gameplay:
... I think they're town. I don't like how they play the game, but I think they're town. They seem to be motivated more by solving than by pushing for lynches, and that's good. Dislike them keeping me as a 'reserve lynch', but w/e.
Taristra
Titus:
Giving me very mixed signals, needs solving... but is posting enough, and is already under enough pressure, that I don't want to vote them right now. Would lynch Tana over them, would lynch them over Gameplay. Don't think that Sailor Senshi are scum rn, and that's a strike against them for an easy inactive push.
RCEnigma:
Gives me experienced-player vibes, but otherwise too early to judge alignment IMO. Gun to head, town.
DrDolittle:
Barely exists. I think he's voting me? Post seemed inoffensive at the time. Let me ISO fast he's only got 10 posts. First and apparently only
serious
vote... is on me, and IMO seems a bit opportunistic now. I was at what, three votes here? Deserves some investigation/pressure.
Bitmap:
No real read, should probably go back and look at esp. given his mentions and apparently having attracted some votes? Hm.
Hidden Happiness, Chaos Wind:
are both 2p hydras with nine posts. Need to contribute more.
Gamma Emerald:
Despite their vote on me there's nothing else in their ISO I can really complain about. They're just town.
Dannfor:
Likely town; you seem to be trying to solve me, rather than immediately writing me off as scum. I could be getting pocketed, but your ISO looks decent at a skim.

I hope I'm not missing anyone; activity list has a couple other people but I think they're parts of hydrae?

@Dannfor: I'll elaborate on this if you like but this is what I have in my head rn.

@Gameplay: her best

Comparing these two wallposts side by side, makes me feel LE is more likely to be town and Pops scum. CW, commenting Pops wall was hard to read wasn’t a coincidence. Pops’s wall is more difficult to make sense of than LE’s because of tons of pointless, confusing filler. In contrast, I remember his posts were very easy to make sense of in NDP.

Pops’ post here is reminding of the post from scum!Mylo in I think was it Forgotten Hourglass?
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:38 pm

Post by popsofctown »

What's NDP?
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:52 am

Post by Tana and Ephraim »

In post 1117, Sailor Senshi wrote:I kinda don't want to be voting LE anymore their last wall post was really townie, it made me 180.

Eeeeeeeeeh I was confident as well.

@GIF
B tag supremacy forever
Unvote

P. Edit

Hush hush your past post already broke my read.

SS Venus
it wasn't, you're wrong

I guess this is why they did well in champs, idk. they've made at least like ~10 posts that are major scumtells and haven't played this game like town at all
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:53 am

I agree pops is likely scum as well but a significant part of that is their mutual associatives, so...
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:55 am

I don't think LE is a slot that we don't lynch both today and like, really soon. Is there some non-zero probability that they're just inordinately scummy in these particular ways that townies are insanely rarely scummy as town? sure. but that applies to almost every method of reading people and as I don't have something that I can be beyond a shadow of a doubt confident on I think this is the highest probability scum lynch in this lobby by a significant margin.
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:55 am

You say low charisma but I think they're obviously pretty high charisma.
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:57 am

In post 937, Lady Eventide wrote:Oh dear. I'm personally not a fan of all this hostile air, but I suppose that's mafia.
Tana and Ephraim wrote:Evenstar's pretty transparently scum.
Tana and Ephraim wrote:Wait my hydra partner already voted Evenstar.

I'm super proud of Tana rn
I think the best I can say is that if Eventide reveals as town, I hope people think about these two lines and what this certainty implies about Tana/Ephraim.

- lilliaire
Like, on top of Evenstar being scummy, this is the contribution of the other head? "if Eventide reveals as town" and really indirect shade?
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:01 am

Also, all the defenses and the attempts to form counterwagons to them have been some bullshit thus far.
Chaos wind being like "oh yeah that is so town" when all they did was vote DDL without giving reasons and repeatedly say they needed following up on.
Popsofctown avoiding calling them out in their readslist, then calling them scum after, then still not voting them.
RCE saying a ton of stuff that really doesn't make any sense to justify pushing on multiple different people.

~Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:07 am

Like I suppose I'd be down to lynch Pops instead but I'd still want to lynch LE after.
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:09 am

But yeah I do fairly strongly believe both {Popsofctown/LE} to be scum both as individuals and based off of their associations.
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:12 am

LE's LLD interactions are really forced in the same way as well but that's also the slot that it makes the most sense that Scum!LE would have bad interactions with town so I'm refraining from reading into LLD from it.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:15 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1167, Tana and Ephraim wrote:Also, all the defenses and the attempts to form counterwagons to them have been some bullshit thus far.
Chaos wind being like "oh yeah that is so town" when all they did was vote DDL without giving reasons and repeatedly say they needed following up on.
Popsofctown avoiding calling them out in their readslist, then calling them scum after, then still not voting them.
RCE saying a ton of stuff that really doesn't make any sense to justify pushing on multiple different people.

~Ephraim
Could you please singularly pronoun me?

I agree with most or all of your reasoning for LE being scummy. I don't think Chaos wind is a scum partner, I think Lady Evenstar's reaction to him seems too on-the-nose and too high risk to be SvS. I mean, maybe we'll see, if Chemist is town and townreads the slot he has a duty to go to bat, and now that risks SvS leaks that wouldn't have to be risked in the first place if she had been more quiet about it.

There didn't seem to be anything unfakeable in the wall, some of it was actually overt IIoA, I can't remember how much of it.

I'm sorry I'm not pushing the LE wagon hard enough for you to be happy with me. I feel a little less eager when a large percentage of her involvement was some back and forth about Mafia universe I don't fully follow, so it feels unfair to hammer hard and early.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:16 am

Yeah, but you entirely missed out on giving that read when you made your readslist (which is a scumbuddy tell) and... I don't think that I've actually given my reasons for scumreading LE for you to agree with.
Lady Eventide
Lady Eventide
Goon
Lady Eventide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:20 am

Post by Lady Eventide »

In post 1167, Tana and Ephraim wrote:Also, all the defenses and the attempts to form counterwagons to them have been some bullshit thus far.

~Ephraim
To address this and your previous posts:

1: What particular ways? You still have not given actual explanation of whatever supposed "tell" you're using.

2: So I'm weak scum despite my high charisma, huh? :roll:

3: Lilliare is a near total newbie to forum mafia, so if even
she's
seeing this remarkable certainty you're giving off, it's really there. Plus she quoted it. It's pretty clear that you're more confident here than you should be. That you choose to nitpick phrasing rather than engage with the argument that you seem like you have TMI speaks volumes.

Regarding counterwagons:
1: Chemist has meta on me so I'm not surprised by Chaos Wind's lack of votes.
2: Pops is concerning and worth investigation if your info here is correct.
3: RCE's actions seem entirely reasonable to me, and your characterizing them as "random" is NAGL.

4: Why are you backing off now if you're still convinced I'm scum?

PEdit: This is some pretty hardcore distancing if Tana/Pops S/S. Seems unlikely. Damn it. Looks like I need to look into both pops and tana more.
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:21 am

In post 1173, Lady Eventide wrote:It's pretty clear that you're more confident here than you should be. That you choose to nitpick phrasing rather than engage with the argument that you seem like you have TMI speaks volumes.
If I hypothetically had TMI, wouldn't that still make you scum?