Magical Girls UPick - Heart of Shadow (Game Over)

Forum rules
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:22 am

Post by Tana and Ephraim »

What's so hardcore distancing? I'm putting her as a viable lynch somewhere down the line while not actively pushing her and encouraging the lynch to go elsewhere. That's barebones distancing at best.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

I hard townread Tana and Ephraim, can you do distancing plays with one direction going like that?

I mean, I don't really know. I don't really do like football playbook mafia when I roll scum. Might make me lose.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:27 am

Post by popsofctown »

I mean to say, I probably lose more than I ought to because I don't do it on red rolls.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:29 am

In post 1173, Lady Eventide wrote:4: Why are you backing off now if you're still convinced I'm scum?
Wait when did I back off?
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:29 am

Post by Titus »

Can we just lynch already? My detesting day 1 is really kicking in.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:30 am

Post by popsofctown »

:( Day 1 is the best day

And often the only one I get to play, lol.
"Well, I..."
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:31 am

I haven't been able to play past Day 2 in a very long time, and I have only seen Day 3 once this year.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:33 am

Post by popsofctown »

If you roll PR you get to submit a night action, though!

I'm kidding, though. I eat a lot of early lynches but that's nothing like what people with a heavy NK meta have to deal with. I've started reaching LyLo a lot more than I used to since my break from mafia ended.
"Well, I..."
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:34 am

If I lynch you and you flip town I probably won't get nightkilled though, right?
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:35 am

Post by popsofctown »

That's literally what Flavor Leaf said, with Titus on wagon as it happens, when he quicklynched me in a boon game.

And he was the N1 kill anyway, even though he built the whole wagon.

It was something else.
"Well, I..."
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:36 am

Someone connected CW and Pops somewhere recently and I saw that as well, I should go figure out who posted it
That's literally what Flavor Leaf said, with Titus on wagon as it happens, when he quicklynched me in a boon game.

And he was the N1 kill anyway, even though he built the whole wagon.

It was something else.
I intentionally mislynched Firebringer in a game as a loyal neighbourizer to stay alive and still ended up dead. It was a very, very sad day for me.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:38 am

Post by popsofctown »

It's probably not totally meritless though and is almost an appealing argument for resequencing the lynches.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:38 am

Post by popsofctown »

I was about to say, that's douchey if you're not town power, then I saw, oh, loyal neighborizer, yeah that role's busted do it.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:39 am

Post by popsofctown »

I said that I townread CW if that's the connection you're looking for?
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:41 am

Post by popsofctown »

I don't mind getting d1 mislynched from time to time

But you should focus on some legacy scumreads that work independently rather than just try to create a tree of pops assocs

Cause I can tell you the tree will be a disappointing legacy
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:42 am

Post by popsofctown »

And I do think the majority of the time you'll just get shot anyway so I don't think you'd want that to be all you did this game.

Nor would I want that to be all you did this game

I am not floored with the town's sleuthing this game, my own included
"Well, I..."
Lady Eventide
Lady Eventide
Goon
Lady Eventide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:43 am

Post by Lady Eventide »

In post 1174, Tana and Ephraim wrote:
In post 1173, Lady Eventide wrote:It's pretty clear that you're more confident here than you should be. That you choose to nitpick phrasing rather than engage with the argument that you seem like you have TMI speaks volumes.
If I hypothetically had TMI, wouldn't that still make you scum?
... No!?

What the christ. You're being over-certain which is a common scumtell. I should
not
have to explain something so basic to you.
In post 1168, Tana and Ephraim wrote:Like I suppose I'd be down to lynch Pops instead but I'd still want to lynch LE after.
In post 1176, popsofctown wrote:I hard townread Tana and Ephraim, can you do distancing plays with one direction going like that?

I mean, I don't really know. I don't really do like football playbook mafia when I roll scum. Might make me lose.
This is what makes it pretty hardcore if it's distancing.
In post 1175, Tana and Ephraim wrote:What's so hardcore distancing? I'm putting her as a viable lynch somewhere down the line while not actively pushing her and encouraging the lynch to go elsewhere. That's barebones distancing at best.
Why are you encouraging me to scumread you and to believe in an associative you think is false?
In post 1178, Tana and Ephraim wrote:
In post 1173, Lady Eventide wrote:4: Why are you backing off now if you're still convinced I'm scum?
Wait when did I back off?
You're now saying that you might lynch pops before me, while saying that your case on them is still weaker than mine and largely based on associatives with me.
That's a bad look.

In post 1179, Titus wrote:Can we just lynch already? My detesting day 1 is really kicking in.
... Really interesting that it happened to kick in right now. Hrmmmm.
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:44 am

In post 1191, Lady Eventide wrote:... No!?

What the christ. You're being over-certain which is a common scumtell. I should not have to explain something so basic to you.
I'm me first and an arbitrary scum player to whom arbitrary scumtells can be applied second.
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:45 am

In post 1191, Lady Eventide wrote:You're now saying that you might lynch pops before me, while saying that your case on them is still weaker than mine and largely based on associatives with me. That's a bad look.
What are you gonna do about it?
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:46 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1100, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1081, Tana and Ephraim wrote:
In post 1079, Gamma Emerald wrote:Btw in case it wasn't clear I'm not really in the mood to vote EvenTide
Oh yeah? then what are you in the mood of. What's your read on Eventide
-Tana
I think Eventide has some scum equity but also potential to be towny further on, so that' why I'm not voting there
Why isn't this on your LE assocs shortlist, Ephraim? I disagree with it, to me it's a slot I expect will point me back to my day 1 read on day 2 moreso than other slots.
Question is not rhetorical.
"Well, I..."
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:54 am

VOTE: Chaos Wind
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:54 am

If they're scum this is a scum lynch which is great.

If this is town we're killing someone who is never going to do anything more than what they've done so far.

And they have made some
awful
takes so far this game.
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:55 am

That's aside from me maybe possibly getting cold feet on LE that I want more time to think about.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:58 am

Post by popsofctown »

188 is the post I liked a whole lot.
Presumably I'm alone in that.
"Well, I..."
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:59 am

In post 188, Chaos Wind wrote:I think Titus is town for this post

Analyzing the votes on them would likely be the first thing Town!Titus would think to do here

-Wind
In post 191, Chaos Wind wrote:It didn’t feel like an attempt to discredit, it felt like a genuine attempt to scumhunt the slots.

-wind
Like Titus did the absolute bare minimum thing of commenting on the people voting them and they played it up as some beacon of towniness and made a read.
In post 971, Chaos Wind wrote:
In post 927, Lady Eventide wrote:
In post 923, Tana and Ephraim wrote:But it seems you're getting hung up over these "reasons" from "reading your games" instead of... you know, adressing the fact that i called your vote opportunistic, also you mentioned you wanted to hear more from us when there's a big ISO with posts from both, and we've consistently interacted with the playerbase and provided reads as we form them. But NOPE, apparently we're scum because RC read your games and figured you were scum from doing so, everything else be damned.
-Tana
... Huh. Interesting.

Yes, there is a big ISO. Nonetheless, I wanted to hear more. Wanting to hear more =/= calling you inactive, please do be clear regarding that.

I still want to hear more from RC and get real proof he's read WC1, but this feels good. I think Dolittle's my priority now, rather than you two.

VOTE: DrDolittle
I like this vote a lot

It feels like it's trying to keep up solving pressure

-Wind
In post 975, Chaos Wind wrote:
In post 882, Lady Eventide wrote:
In post 868, Dannflor wrote:Lady Even where are your reads at right now?

Be as thorough as you can
Right now...

Frankly I don't have a lot. But of the people I've interacted with/can recall, 5 minute version so as not to get interrupted again:

LLD:
Inscrutable, but I don't like how she seems to be ducking all inquiries. I know she loves mafia, so her silence is concerning.
Cop:
Scummy in a vague kind of way; I don't like them, I want to see more. I had a better reason but I've lost it somewhere.
Sailor Senshi:
Were lurking, which is a pet peeve of mine, and also were a source of the thread blowup, but TBQH my vote here was crappy and I ought to have known better. They've defended themselves well since and I think their reactions are towny. Not going back here today unless I find a very good reason, esp given the number of hops on here. (Who else was on this? God I want the VCA tools from MU.)
Tana and Ephraim:
Are currently pinging me very hard, both for tone reasons and because they're throwing shade at me but don't actually seem to want to lynch me. I feel like they're reading me as a weak town player they can mislynch later. Also they called me "a weak scum" when my scumgame LITERALLY GOT ME TO THE FINALE OF THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS. Seriously? Have clearly not done any background meta on me whatsoever and ignored my previously posted scumgame.
Cafe Stiles:
Seems towny but fluffy at a first impression. Haven't looked into deeper, should.
Groar
Croag:
Scummy, because reasons.
Katsuki:
Is being weird, but I
think
it's a town kind of weird? Overall I want to see more and would not vote here right now.
Gameplay:
... I think they're town. I don't like how they play the game, but I think they're town. They seem to be motivated more by solving than by pushing for lynches, and that's good. Dislike them keeping me as a 'reserve lynch', but w/e.
Taristra
Titus:
Giving me very mixed signals, needs solving... but is posting enough, and is already under enough pressure, that I don't want to vote them right now. Would lynch Tana over them, would lynch them over Gameplay. Don't think that Sailor Senshi are scum rn, and that's a strike against them for an easy inactive push.
RCEnigma:
Gives me experienced-player vibes, but otherwise too early to judge alignment IMO. Gun to head, town.
DrDolittle:
Barely exists. I think he's voting me? Post seemed inoffensive at the time. Let me ISO fast he's only got 10 posts. First and apparently only
serious
vote... is on me, and IMO seems a bit opportunistic now. I was at what, three votes here? Deserves some investigation/pressure.
Bitmap:
No real read, should probably go back and look at esp. given his mentions and apparently having attracted some votes? Hm.
Hidden Happiness, Chaos Wind:
are both 2p hydras with nine posts. Need to contribute more.
Gamma Emerald:
Despite their vote on me there's nothing else in their ISO I can really complain about. They're just town.
Dannfor:
Likely town; you seem to be trying to solve me, rather than immediately writing me off as scum. I could be getting pocketed, but your ISO looks decent at a skim.

I hope I'm not missing anyone; activity list has a couple other people but I think they're parts of hydrae?

@Dannfor: I'll elaborate on this if you like but this is what I have in my head rn.

@Gameplay: her best
Look through this list

They stated that DDL deserved pressure and then followed up after their read on your slot changed

-Wind
Again, there have been a shit ton of people doing legitimately towny stuff and CW decides to townread them for... not colossally screwing up continuity.
I don't believe these reads, I believe that they're made up for the purpose of having ~original~ reads as opposed to coming in townreading the universal townreads like everyone else.

These feel like TMI reads. Not that I don't think that LE could be scum and the defense was scum, but I don't believe that they're real reads and am pretty confident this is scum.