Magical Girls UPick - Heart of Shadow (Game Over)

Forum rules
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:19 am

Post by Tana and Ephraim »

I've only played with scum Nictis and he got lynched D1.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:20 am

Post by Katsuki »

Just want to correct your mistaken impression in that, I'm the true God of Mafia here, not RC. ^_^
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:20 am

Pretty sure when RC mentions "posts are being crafted by someone else" he refers to a scum partner.
Granted I do agree with pops that is a lot of words that dont say much in terms of analysis.
-Tana
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:22 am

I feel like LE has deep dived everyone who voted her in a way that could plausibly be townie but she's basically ignored Bitmap's votes on her, gave him a weak townlean, waffled a bit when called out on it, and still doesn't seem interested in exploring it which seems especially weird when he's the other big wagon this game.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:24 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1863, Tana and Ephraim wrote:interested in more thoughts on this

does anyone else think that LE's previous post does not tonally match the rest of their posting this game at all and could potentially have been written by someone else
Dr. Dolittle is "they" in this post, but was "he" in a previous post. Progress like that generally doesn't usually revert. So that is fun for your theory. But I am the world's worst alt exposer and am probably little help for determining it's a different writer on the basis of tone.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:25 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 1877, Tana and Ephraim wrote:Pretty sure when RC mentions "posts are being crafted by someone else" he refers to a scum partner.
Granted I do agree with pops that is a lot of words that dont say much in terms of analysis.
-Tana
Was being facetious. I don't mind it being analysis light.

I think they are self aware enough to realize they said lack of analysis was directly in line with their scumplay and linked it earlier this game when making this post. It would be a weird scum flex.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:26 am

Post by Katsuki »

Can you start posting like this, RC? It would assist greatly in analyzing your vocal patterns.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Lady Eventide
Lady Eventide
Goon
Lady Eventide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:26 am

Post by Lady Eventide »

In post 1872, Tana and Ephraim wrote:LE, why don't you investigate Bitmap given that he's the other major wagon right now? You haven't felt interested in figuring him out even though he's been voting you multiple times.
You're telling me what I already know, thanks. Got distracted by Stiles because they're being seriously weird.

I may regret this next bit, but I think at this point it's important to explain.

I'm neighbours with both Stiles and Croag. Which is why my Stiles read affects my Croag read and vice versa. Stiles was also the one who originally suggested I look into Dolittle based on their 'chainsaw' reasoning; I followed their advice, and then multiple people scumread me for it, so I'm feeling kind of played. That neighbour chat is also where they made their comment that they couldn't read you - which they then contradicted by trying to read you anyway. It could just be that it's the two different heads disagreeing (they haven't been signing their posts) but I'm still really wondering why they said one thing in private and another thing in public.

The neighbour chat is damn near useless to me at this point because 1: I don't trust Stiles and 2: Croag is slank as fuck or else lurking, so even if I did trust Stiles it's not secure. I also think the chance of anyone in the neighbourhood being NK'd is already low enough that this is unlikely to change the scum's NK math. As such, best to make it clear what the fuck I've been doing here.
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:27 am

Something else, it's not that im exactly weaker than RC, it's that we have different strengths, RC's good at analyzing interactions, motivations, meta diving, and figuring out the scum team or as close as possible early. Im better at finding townies than finding scum, also RC is better Early game, while im stronger late game.
-Tana
Lady Eventide
Lady Eventide
Goon
Lady Eventide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:27 am

Post by Lady Eventide »

In post 1882, Lady Eventide wrote:
In post 1872, Tana and Ephraim wrote:LE, why don't you investigate Bitmap given that he's the other major wagon right now? You haven't felt interested in figuring him out even though he's been voting you multiple times.
You're telling me what I already know, thanks. Got distracted by Stiles because they're being seriously weird.

I may regret this next bit, but I think at this point it's important to explain.

I'm neighbours with both Stiles and Croag. Which is why my Stiles read affects my Croag read and vice versa. Stiles was also the one who originally suggested I look into Dolittle based on their 'chainsaw' reasoning; I followed their advice, and then multiple people scumread me for it, so I'm feeling kind of played. That neighbour chat is also where they made their comment that they couldn't read you - which they then contradicted by trying to read you anyway. It could just be that it's the two different heads disagreeing (they haven't been signing their posts) but I'm still really wondering why they said one thing in private and another thing in public.

The neighbour chat is damn near useless to me at this point because 1: I don't trust Stiles and 2: Croag is slank as fuck or else lurking, so even if I did trust Stiles it's not secure. I also think the chance of anyone in the neighbourhood being NK'd is already low enough that this is unlikely to change the scum's NK math. As such, best to make it clear what the fuck I've been doing here.
*Stiles' chainsaw reasoning, as they then laid out publicly in the thread in their readslist, showing no actual evolution over several pages.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:29 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Oof idk
Those last posts have been really towny tbh
Bitmap
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:29 am

Post by Bitmap »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Cafe Stiles

You got some explaining to do.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1880, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 1877, Tana and Ephraim wrote:Pretty sure when RC mentions "posts are being crafted by someone else" he refers to a scum partner.
-Tana
Was being facetious. I don't mind it being analysis light.

I think they are self aware enough to realize they said lack of analysis was directly in line with their scumplay and linked it earlier this game when making this post. It would be a weird scum flex.
That's not how IIoA works.
You IIoA and it feels like it was all analysis, and then someone points at the post you wrote and you reread it and you say "shit, whoops", then half the time you argue it really was analysis.
It's categorically different from something like knowing your own lurk meta.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
DrDolittle
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
DrDolittle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:30 am

Post by DrDolittle »

In post 1879, popsofctown wrote:

does anyone else think that LE's previous post does not tonally match the rest of their posting this game at all and could potentially have been written by someone else
Dr. Dolittle is "they" in this post, but was "he" in a previous post. Progress like that generally doesn't usually revert. So that is fun for your theory. But I am the world's worst alt exposer and am probably little help for determining it's a different writer on the basis of tone.
Pops everyone in that post is a they
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:31 am

Post by RCEnigma »

I wasn't attributing it to lloa, you were. It's probably confusing because the second half of Tanas post was also in my quote.
Bitmap
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:32 am

Post by Bitmap »

I feel like most of scum are lurkers this game.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:33 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1888, DrDolittle wrote:
In post 1879, popsofctown wrote:

Pops everyone in that post is a they
This is not correct, Lady Lambdadelta is a she in the post, which makes sense because Lady Eventide knows her well. Katsuki was inexplicably a she despite not being known very well, which is a bit of partner equity.
"Well, I..."
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:34 am

In post 1885, gameplay506 wrote:Oof idk
In post 1886, Bitmap wrote:UNVOTE:

1) don't agree
2) pretty intense that when I pointed out a potential connection between yourself and LE you bailed off the wagon
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:37 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Hey god of mafia aka T&E
Do you still want to lynch Lady E and if no who?
Gameplay is lost and would like to hear the thoughts of the god of mafia
Pedit: ah so you want Lady E
But I saw some people say that you RC are really good at tone reading
So don't you feel like the tone these last few posts is pretty town?
Bitmap
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:38 am

Post by Bitmap »

In post 1892, Tana and Ephraim wrote:
In post 1885, gameplay506 wrote:Oof idk
In post 1886, Bitmap wrote:UNVOTE:

1) don't agree
2) pretty intense that when I pointed out a potential connection between yourself and LE you bailed off the wagon
If LE reaches a point where she's about to be lynched, I'll be on that wagon. However, we have some time and I'm interested in the "neighborhood" business but it seems you aren't?
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:38 am

I think that confident scum players are good at shaping up their game when they're under fire but can be more lazy and give more away when they don't think they're under immediate threat.

I literally have no interest in that neighbourhood to be quite honest.
Lady Eventide
Lady Eventide
Goon
Lady Eventide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:39 am

Post by Lady Eventide »

In post 1891, popsofctown wrote:
This is not correct, Lady Lambdadelta is a she in the post, which makes sense because Lady Eventide knows her well. Katsuki was inexplicably a she despite not being known very well, which is a bit of partner equity.
Point me at another player I could confuse Katsuki with in this game. Seriously.
Bitmap
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:40 am

Post by Bitmap »

I respect RC's reads early game from my one experience when I was scum and he was town. He's insanely good at finding weak scum and I'll hop back if I'm voting vanity.
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:41 am

I think that that neighbourhood could be anything from literally 3 scum to 0 scum. I think GIF goes out of his way to screw with attempts to read into logic like that.
I'm in no rush to try to decipher the ~meaning~ behind it with the amount of information that I currently possess and would prefer to just scumhunt.
Point me at another player I could confuse Katsuki with in this game. Seriously.
A snowbank.
Chaos Wind
Chaos Wind
Goon
Chaos Wind
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:41 am

Post by Chaos Wind »

why are people randomly talking in colored text

On a more serious note why is LE focusing on people’s reads on them instead of their own read on other people when deciding who to push?

-Wind