Jamelia
(1): NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
(1): Spangled
UrVeggieM8
(1): Draynth

Not Voting
(3): faüstiv, Airan303, Jamelia

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to reach a majority.

Deadline is in (expired on 2019-09-27 09:56:00)
Last edited by Errantparabola on Sat Sep 21, 2019 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:50 pm

Post by Draynth »

I've never really seen someone be called scum for prolonging a reasonably harmless discussion, let alone for something like RVS wagoning. I personally don't see it as particularly scummy. It came across to me as his reasoning as to why he wasn't scumreading the wagon. Geyde, Is prolonging discussions like the RVS one usually a scum tell on the other site(s) you've played on?

Like I said I don't remember someone being scumread for something like this in any games I've played so I'm intrigued at the very least
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:51 pm

Post by Draynth »

Also, VOTE: faustiv
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:16 pm

Post by Jamelia »

In post 102, Draynth wrote:Also, VOTE: faustiv
Why do you feel this way? I also scum read them, but not enough to definitively vote.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:40 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 97, Geyde wrote:Spangled's posts on the subject of the RVS add nothing of note to discussion in any meaningful way other than 'it was unlikely that they would be quickhammered since it takes 5 votes', prolonging a conversation which could have ended in the span of one post. Scum had definitely prolonged the thread discussion of RVS; Spangled fits the bill considering their post adds nothing but fluff to the conversation.
Additionally, their townread on UrVeggie's question comes off as TMI given that the question was definitely not out of a scum's range to ask.

VOTE: Spangled
The conversation
was
all fluff at that point, but you still have to post. I answered some questions, and that was literally all I
could
do. What would you have me be doing at that point, rather than answering those questions and give context?
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:41 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 103, Jamelia wrote:
Why do you feel this way? I also scum read them, but not enough to definitively vote.
So are they your top scumread? If so, why not vote? Pressure is pressure, and the more of it there is, the more it helps.
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:57 pm

Post by Jamelia »

In post 105, Spangled wrote:
So are they your top scumread? If so, why not vote? Pressure is pressure, and the more of it there is, the more it helps.
Because they haven’t responded to their already two votes against them. I’ll vote when I see how they respond to how people feel about their posts.
UrVeggieM8
UrVeggieM8
Townie
UrVeggieM8
Townie
Townie

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:03 pm

Post by UrVeggieM8 »

Hey all, gonna be busy today so might not post for a while. Will review/respond when I get back
Geyde
Geyde
Goon
Geyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:10 pm

Post by Geyde »

In post 101, Draynth wrote:I've never really seen someone be called scum for prolonging a reasonably harmless discussion, let alone for something like RVS wagoning. I personally don't see it as particularly scummy. It came across to me as his reasoning as to why he wasn't scumreading the wagon. Geyde, Is prolonging discussions like the RVS one usually a scum tell on the other site(s) you've played on?

Like I said I don't remember someone being scumread for something like this in any games I've played so I'm intrigued at the very least
It's more a thread direction based tell than something inherent to RVS.
If a discussion ITT has unreasonable focus, likelihood is that scum are involved in that conversation given that they are trying to look town, but can't perfectly emulate reasonable progression.

Spangled's comments speak to that as they answer the same question three times without any development in lookout. It's essentially filler disguised as being helpful.
I don't think prolonging RVS is inherently bad, but rather prolonging it in a way with nothing unique to add is bad.

Note that I also vote them because I believe they TMI'd on Veg
Geyde
Geyde
Goon
Geyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:12 pm

Post by Geyde »

In post 104, Spangled wrote:
In post 97, Geyde wrote:Spangled's posts on the subject of the RVS add nothing of note to discussion in any meaningful way other than 'it was unlikely that they would be quickhammered since it takes 5 votes', prolonging a conversation which could have ended in the span of one post. Scum had definitely prolonged the thread discussion of RVS; Spangled fits the bill considering their post adds nothing but fluff to the conversation.
Additionally, their townread on UrVeggie's question comes off as TMI given that the question was definitely not out of a scum's range to ask.

The conversation
was
all fluff at that point,
but you still have to post
. I answered some questions, and that was literally all I
could
do. What would you have me be doing at that point, rather than answering those questions and give context?
I bolded a part I found interesting.
Could you explain this thought process in the context of your plays?
Geyde
Geyde
Goon
Geyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:17 pm

Post by Geyde »

Seeing massive red flags on the Spangled push since more than a few players who aren't close to pure have expressed interest in the wagon already.
Not sure how to unvote but I'd do it if I could
Geyde
Geyde
Goon
Geyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:20 pm

Post by Geyde »

In post 106, Jamelia wrote:
Because they haven’t responded to their already two votes against them. I’ll vote when I see how they respond to how people feel about their posts.
In post 71, faüstiv wrote:Scumreading Spangled so far.
Thread seems to be somewhat set up for a lynch on Spangled, and I don't like that since there isn't a present "counterwagon" in thread direction.
VCA dictates that all successful scum lynches will likely have a counterwagon
Ergo, this probably doesn't flip scum. Like ever
Geyde
Geyde
Goon
Geyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:21 pm

Post by Geyde »

Wait
I didn't read 106 correctly
Abort the abort mission
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:37 pm

Post by Jamelia »

In post 112, Geyde wrote:Wait
I didn't read 106 correctly
Abort the abort mission
LOL I was like wtf are you talking about
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:16 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 109, Geyde wrote:
In post 104, Spangled wrote:

The conversation
was
all fluff at that point,
but you still have to post
. I answered some questions, and that was literally all I
could
I bolded a part I found interesting.
Could you explain this thought process in the context of your plays?
Sounds like the second half of a question on an exam — the subject something pretentious-sounding, like Meta and Theory, perhaps the question would be: ‘Why do you have to post while playing mafia? Could you explain this thought process in the context of your plays?

But yes, I can; it’s very simple. Not posting earns you prods, enough prods gets you replaced out.

But I don’t think that’s what you mean. No, I have to post, responding to others’ questions and giving opinions, whether they’re especially game-pertinent or not, because that’s the only way the game gets moved forward. True, I wasn’t
actively
doing that, but could I have, at that point? As I asked you before — what would you have me doing at that point, seriously?
What was the ‘play’ for me to make there as town?
Egix96
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:57 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 110, Geyde wrote:Seeing massive red flags on the Spangled push since more than a few players who aren't close to pure have expressed interest in the wagon already.
Not sure how to unvote but I'd do it if I could
Use [.uv] [/.uv]
Remove the dots
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:59 pm

Post by Spangled »

Thoughts on Geyde and faüstiv so far, Egix?
UrVeggieM8
UrVeggieM8
Townie
UrVeggieM8
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:08 pm

Post by UrVeggieM8 »

In post 95, Geyde wrote:
In post 34, UrVeggieM8 wrote:Thanks for your insight Airan!

As the person receiving Spam's vote, when I first read their post my gut reaction was "that seems a bit lhf-ish. Maybe they're doing that to try and get information out of everyone"... which is not necessarily a scum move. To me personally, Spam doesn't quite read as scummy... just suspicious.

Interested in hearing what everyone else thinks!
In post 38, UrVeggieM8 wrote:
In post 35, Draynth wrote:
In post 29, Airan303 wrote:
Egix96 wrote:
In post 24, Airan303 wrote:I find it scummy because instead of voting for anyone else to check reactions, he voted for someone who had already been voted for.

I am not saying spam is a scum, or that you should vote for him. I am just saying that what he did was scummy
I mean, from what I've seen, RVS bandwagoning is fairly common on this site.
So I personally wouldn't consider it scummy, it's just a site meta thing.
Okay sure. But voting for veggie and not for anyone else is still a bit suspicious. I mean why bandwagon? :?
Why not bandwagon? You often get some good information from it and it progesses the game
Why do you find it inherently suspicious?
Not speaking for Airan here, but just wanted to put my .02 in. Bandwagoning isn't bad and it kick-started the game in this case! But I think that it can be inherently suspicious depending on the order that people decide to jump on the bandwagon. Spam put the second vote in, which (to me) makes them more suspicious than Draynth putting the first vote in. Ofc it's still not a strong indication of Spam being scum though. Just wanted to say that order matters.
In post 44, UrVeggieM8 wrote:
In post 43, Egix96 wrote:

As the person receiving Spam's vote, when I first read their post my gut reaction was "
that seems a bit lhf-ish.
Maybe they're doing that to try and get information out of everyone"... which is not necessarily a scum move. To me personally, Spam doesn't quite read as scummy... just suspicious.

@bolded: Hm, in what way?
How would you define the term LHF?
LHF because that the comment Spam made is one that vegos tend to hear a lot as a provocation. I'm not entirely sure if Spam would have commented the way they did if it wasn't following the previous comment from Draynth "I just ate a vegetarian meal". I feel that Spam may have used the previous comment as context for their reply. Hope I explained that in a way that makes sense?

Ofc though, whether someone is vego or not is completely irrelevant here so nothing was taken seriously and no feelings were trampled on :] I do understand that their comment was most likely made for the purpose of gathering information, irrespective of what their actual opinion on vegetables is! LOL
These responses took way more words than they needed to get the point across.
Maybe it's because they're trying to get across their thoughts to newbies who may not have played before, but a lot of what they are saying doesn't amount to anything.
Since this is over the internet and people don't have things like tone of voice and facial cues to go off of, I'm trying to ensure maximum clarity. YMMV on whether less words should be used. Also, do you think explaining reasons behind reads doesn't amount to anything? I thought justifying a read on someone would be pretty important?
UrVeggieM8
UrVeggieM8
Townie
UrVeggieM8
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:17 pm

Post by UrVeggieM8 »

In post 85, Draynth wrote:

As the person receiving Spam's vote, when I first read their post my gut reaction was "that seems a bit lhf-ish. Maybe they're doing that to try and get information out of everyone"... which is not necessarily a scum move. To me personally, Spam doesn't quite read as scummy... just suspicious.

What exactly do you mean by suspicious?
Think I used the wrong word there, apologies. I meant that what Spam did was something that raised question marks for me.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:22 pm

Post by faüstiv »

In post 84, Draynth wrote:
EBWOP
In post 74, faüstiv wrote:
In post 72, Spangled wrote:
In post 71, faüstiv wrote:Scumreading Spangled so far.
May I ask you why?
You're being too passive.
Would you mind answering the below please? It was literally the very next post after Spangled's
In post 73, Draynth wrote:Have you played mafia before Faustiv?
Didn't think answering that question would help us find scum.

Yes I have played before.
Why are you voting me?
Why do you scumread me?
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:23 pm

Post by faüstiv »

In post 116, Spangled wrote:Thoughts on Geyde and faüstiv so far, Egix?
Why me and him in particular?
UrVeggieM8
UrVeggieM8
Townie
UrVeggieM8
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:42 pm

Post by UrVeggieM8 »

In post 98, Jamelia wrote:Hmm. I’m not sure I’d put Spangled down as a hard “scumread” at the moment. I agree that they rambled but...so did I. I am leaning towards them trying to help vs. being scummy.

I’d lean towards a scum read of faustiv right now. Not sure how big of a fan I am of the vague questioning and responses. Is this because they don’t want to answer or are they trying not to reveal info?

Does anyone else have an opinion on this?
Yes. Keeping my vote for faüstiv atm largely because of the lack of information coming from them. That, and because the only questions they've asked so far are either about why they're under suspicion or why they're being voted.
UrVeggieM8
UrVeggieM8
Townie
UrVeggieM8
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:23 pm

Post by UrVeggieM8 »

Sharing some reads I've had so far.

Airan - seems more town than scum for me at this point. Posting about bandwagoning as early as they did doesn’t seem like a scum thing to do, purely because I feel it might have drawn more attention than scum might have wanted. Could be wrong though.

Draynth - Has asked questions that could be indicative of other town or scum. I feel that putting a second vote on faüstiv without a justification () is the first scum-play that’s come from them.

Spam - Tbh, I find their style of play to be provocative. Examples: Bandwagoning () and putting a vote out there that’s not rvs (). For this reason, atm I read them as more likely to be town than scum. They’ve gone quiet as of late though? @Spam, do you have any opinions on the game thus far?

Faustiv - Not enough info coming from them! Has only asked questions about why they’re under suspicion or being voted. Most likely scum-read for me atm.

No strong read on Spangled just yet but I even I thought the early townread on me (while appreciated) felt premature. Not entirely sure why that would make them more likely to be scum though?
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:49 pm

Post by Draynth »

well veggie + Spangled isn't a scumteam anyway
If they were veggie wouldn't call out my vote on faustiv given he is currently voting him too. I'm surprised only veggie / jamelia mentioned it

UNVOTE: Faustiv

Kind of a reaction test, kind of a way to get faustiv to answer my question. I have my reasoning behind wanting an answer that I'll share once I've thought on it some more.

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:52 pm

Post by Draynth »

In post 106, Jamelia wrote:
If you're genuinely scumreading him, vote him. If it gets close to a lynch and you're not comfortable with that (they might be accidentally lynched, they might get scumHammered, you think they might pre-emptively claim etc. etc.) then you can unvote. I understand where you're coming from but often the only way to get someone engaged / answer questions you have is to vote them