Magical Girls UPick - Heart of Shadow (Game Over)

Forum rules
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4200 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:45 pm

Post by Tana and Ephraim »

"Prove yourself right" even asserts that I believed it, so I'm failing to see what exactly you're criticizing me for outside of being wrong and leading a lynch.
I think RC's comment telling Bitmap to trust others and not think for himself is arguably out of line, but that his push on LE was all in-game and I didn't see anything even borderline. She joined the newbie queue fwiw
I don't. Why can't you give someone the advice that someone else is better at the game than they are? Should I just pretend everyone is equal at the game?
If I'm playing with a player who is consistently wrong on their reads, I don't see what the resolution to that situation is besides not playing to my wincon or trying to encourage them to follow others' reads.

If I was out of line this game it was in my interactions with Sailor Senshi. But there as is usually the case there was provocation.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4201 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:48 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 4200, Tana and Ephraim wrote:"Prove yourself right" even asserts that I believed it, so I'm failing to see what exactly you're criticizing me for outside of being wrong and leading a lynch.
I think RC's comment telling Bitmap to trust others and not think for himself is arguably out of line, but that his push on LE was all in-game and I didn't see anything even borderline. She joined the newbie queue fwiw
I don't. Why can't you give someone the advice that someone else is better at the game than they are? Should I just pretend everyone is equal at the game?
If I'm playing with a player who is consistently wrong on their reads, I don't see what the resolution to that situation is besides not playing to my wincon or trying to encourage them to follow others' reads.

If I was out of line this game it was in my interactions with Sailor Senshi. But there as is usually the case there was provocation.
Until mafia is a large enough game that people have the option between playing it casually and playing in "elo rated play", you should pretend everyone is equally good at the game, because there is literally not an available venue for playing in a skill agnostic venue. Yes. That's an unfortunate circumstance
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4202 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:51 pm

I think that's a really silly assertion on par with Shadoweh attacking my track record with newbies but I would prefer we lynch scum instead of dissect my mafia play.
Sailor Senshi
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4203 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:52 pm

Post by Sailor Senshi »

Pops right now if I'm not logged in its your scumday, but if I *don't* when I log in. Which means right now your scumday is in a state of quantum flux. Time is relative man. We are all just stones floating through the water in this stream we call time man

-Merc
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4204 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:57 pm

My read as of right now is that RcE was town by the way, and that it's exactly HH/CS/DDL in that order of certainty.
Sailor Senshi
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4205 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:02 pm

Post by Sailor Senshi »

In post 4201, popsofctown wrote:Until mafia is a large enough game that people have the option between playing it casually and playing in "elo rated play", you should pretend everyone is equally good at the game, because there is literally not an available venue for playing in a skill agnostic venue. Yes. That's an unfortunate circumstance
Not like closed large themes could be ranked anyway since the setups don't even have a nominally complete structure

-merc
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4206 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:04 pm

I'm gonna try listening to some Polar Express to see if it ups my no longer good mood before I go to bed. Nitey nite etc.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #4207 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:05 pm

Post by Titus »

Just call me when I can play mafia again. K?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
Sailor Senshi
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4208 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:06 pm

Post by Sailor Senshi »

In post 4047, gameplay506 wrote:Idk about your plan
Like do we not trust pops that much?
I mean we are just confirming she is a redirector
And we are using the mana gauge to do just that when instead me/titus can do something better while croag protects us
I agree with gameplay, following pops plan is a waste of resources

SS Venus
Sailor Senshi
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4209 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:10 pm

Post by Sailor Senshi »

In post 4065, Dannflor wrote:
In post 4062, Sailor Senshi wrote:
In post 4060, Dannflor wrote:
In post 4057, Sailor Senshi wrote:
In post 4052, Dannflor wrote:SS do you want my flavor ?
I think I might have already guessed it. Does it involve cats?
not really
Okay, then i guessed wrong. Sure, tell us then.
Star Butterfly
I Approve of your choice and dislike myself for not thinking it first.
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #4210 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:15 pm

Post by Katsuki »

In post 4101, RadiantCowbells wrote:aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Ah, as articulate as always. :]
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4211 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:32 pm

Also I generally trend towards assuming that attacks like the one that Shadoweh just made against me are sincere even when coming from scum but I can't get over the timing of this one.

It didn't happen at the start of the day and didn't happen when I originally submitted against them. It happened now.

This'll be a little roundabout but I went through wanting to quit mafia, declaring that I hated mafia and this game and didn't care about the result after LE flipped town. Shadoweh asserted I didn't seem to care about the mislynch. How do you ever draw that conclusion in a game where my struggling with having lead a mislynch is more on display than ever? Why go on about my 'treatment' of that slot which was objectively fine when I think I actually had a call-outable moment in this game?

Or from another perspective, she's scum and she saw that I was barely holding onto having any sort of investment in this game and struggling and decided to hit me hard when I started to recuperate, focusing on me having led that mislynch (which again I was obviously already unhappy with) and hitting that button to make sure that I stay down.
Tana and Ephraim
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Tana and Ephraim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4212 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:39 pm

I say that knowing that it's going to discredit my case bc people always townread people for saying negative stuff to me and drawing attention to that isn't pro people sheeping my read but I'm gonna say it anyway!
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #4213 (ISO) » Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:12 pm

Post by Titus »

Can we just lynch and go to night? We're nearly massclaimed.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4214 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:20 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Yea
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4215 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:27 am

Post by gameplay506 »

So who is it for today
I can't be sold on CS lynch today with the info that we have rn. The flips today and tonight might make me reconsider that but still no for today.
Pops is kinda in the same category.
Not very sure on DDL. He might, might no be scum, I need to reread him. Tho his gladiator claim is uhhh idk? Not scummy?
I still have no idea about RCE soo
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4216 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:30 am

Post by gameplay506 »

Actually just because of VCA analysis from yesterday I can do DDL
Sailor Senshi
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4217 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:39 am

Post by Sailor Senshi »

In post 4211, Tana and Ephraim wrote:Also I generally trend towards assuming that attacks like the one that Shadoweh just made against me are sincere even when coming from scum but I can't get over the timing of this one.

It didn't happen at the start of the day and didn't happen when I originally submitted against them. It happened now.

This'll be a little roundabout but I went through wanting to quit mafia, declaring that I hated mafia and this game and didn't care about the result after LE flipped town. Shadoweh asserted I didn't seem to care about the mislynch. How do you ever draw that conclusion in a game where my struggling with having lead a mislynch is more on display than ever? Why go on about my 'treatment' of that slot which was objectively fine when I think I actually had a call-outable moment in this game?

Or from another perspective, she's scum and she saw that I was barely holding onto having any sort of investment in this game and struggling and decided to hit me hard when I started to recuperate, focusing on me having led that mislynch (which again I was obviously already unhappy with) and hitting that button to make sure that I stay down.
Yup her post was godawful and scummy as hell, like excuse me but what are you supposed to do not lynch a scumread because they happen to be a new player? If anything being new and town and getting lynch should not be an awful experience but a learning one, see what you did and what people said and why they scumread you. Learn from that and dont repeat it.

HH post was awful and I would vote them for it if they werent going to die already. Like fore real no town motivation from that post whatsover.

SS Venus
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4218 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:40 am

Post by gameplay506 »

In post 4217, Sailor Senshi wrote:HH post was awful and I would vote them for it if they werent going to die already. Like fore real no town motivation from that post whatsover.
gameplay506
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
gameplay506
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4219 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:44 am

Post by gameplay506 »

The only reason I don't want to lynch HH but instead let T&E kill her is that if she flips scum T&E are most likely killing CS, which I don't think is flipping scum.
Cafe Stile
Cafe Stile
Goon
Cafe Stile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4220 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:26 am

Post by Cafe Stile »

In post 4219, gameplay506 wrote:The only reason I don't want to lynch HH but instead let T&E kill her is that if she flips scum T&E are most likely killing CS, which I don't think is flipping scum.
We might get shot regardless actually

- hideri
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #4221 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:31 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

VC here
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
Sailor Senshi
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4222 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:34 am

Post by Sailor Senshi »

In post 4149, Titus wrote:Well, I don't think that's the right call.
You’re basing that on Dann being scum though and I don’t think he is.
Sailor Senshi
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4223 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:39 am

Post by Sailor Senshi »

In post 4154, popsofctown wrote:
I'll vote RCE once I have a final yes or no from Sailor Moon about the night thing
In post 4161, Tana and Ephraim wrote:I've brought RC back to sanity, he's gonna be more useful tomorrow, would be nice if a lynch didnt happen yet.
-Tana
UNVOTE:

The longer you are in this game, the better.
Sailor Senshi
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Sailor Senshi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4224 (ISO) » Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:40 am

Post by Sailor Senshi »

@Pops, I’m okay with it but the other heads need to agree.