Geyde
Geyde
Goon
Geyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:28 pm

Post by Geyde »

I want to say DADV given that thread has been both completely warped and died since the push on Airan started. If Airan were to be scum, then why isn't there any pressure being put on CFDs?
NMSA had a particularly shitty progression in 221 completely shifting his mind despite not showing any drop in confidence in scum!Jam, but that hasn't been expanded upon beyond a token comment by Draynth. Even then, there hasn't been any movement in thread toward pushing that further.
This might be clouded by Airan's activity completely dropping off the map, but I think the wagon on Airan is entirely impure
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:40 pm

Post by Jamelia »

In post 275, Geyde wrote:I want to say DADV given that thread has been both completely warped and died since the push on Airan started. If Airan were to be scum, then why isn't there any pressure being put on CFDs?
NMSA had a particularly shitty progression in 221 completely shifting his mind despite not showing any drop in confidence in scum!Jam, but that hasn't been expanded upon beyond a token comment by Draynth. Even then, there hasn't been any movement in thread toward pushing that further.
This might be clouded by Airan's activity completely dropping off the map, but I think the wagon on Airan is entirely impure
I am starting to worry about this vote as well. I think if Airan was here we would have a more clear indication of what to do. I think Spangled's analysis was good but I actually think it revealed more about Spam/Faustiv/Egix. All 3 were more than likely on a different wagon (Spam on Me, Faustiv on Geyde, Egix up in the air), and then saw Spangled's analysis and went on that.

More specifically, we have Spam/Faustiv going from VERY strong opinions about their scumreads to going on the Airan train, and this was when they were both the lead vote getters at the time.

I agree with what others have said, I believe at least ONE scum is among those 4 voters. If you had to ask me, my gut still tells me that my main scum read is Faustiv.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:19 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 276, Jamelia wrote:
In post 275, Geyde wrote:I want to say DADV given that thread has been both completely warped and died since the push on Airan started. If Airan were to be scum, then why isn't there any pressure being put on CFDs?
I am starting to worry about this vote as well. I think if Airan was here we would have a more clear indication of what to do. I think Spangled's analysis was good but I actually think it revealed more about Spam/Faustiv/Egix. All 3 were more than likely on a different wagon (Spam on Me, Faustiv on Geyde, Egix up in the air), and then saw Spangled's analysis and went on that.

More specifically, we have Spam/Faustiv going from VERY strong opinions about their scumreads to going on the Airan train, and this was when they were both the lead vote getters at the time.

I agree with what others have said, I believe at least ONE scum is among those 4 voters. If you had to ask me, my gut still tells me that my main scum read is Faustiv.
@Jamelia
So you think Airan isn’t scum?
What part of my analysis do you disagree?
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:38 pm

Post by Jamelia »

In post 277, Spangled wrote:

@Jamelia
Like I said before, I disagree with the context of your analysis, not the analysis itself. I think in a normal situation I think you would be right, but I always thought that Airan was being messy, but not scummy. I always prefered a faustiv vote to Airan's because at the beginning, I felt like Airan was more cooperative and willing to find scum with us rather than faustiv, who was combative and not really helpful.

Now that you posted (a very well-thought out) an anaylsis painting a target on him, the players I mentioned before don't have a reason to create a scum storyline since you already painted one. That is why I said I was fine with the Airan vote to begin with, even if I didn't agree. This isn't about ME being right or wrong, it's about us getting the right people out. And your analysis was better than anything I have posted/thought of so far. I shared my opinion but I can't disagree with the things you found.

Now that time has passed and we have seen people jump on the bandwagon, I am more or less thinking that your post exposed their willingness to drop their thinking and go on a path that is more clear and direct. If you are right and Airan is scum, then he can be lynched (which was what I was fine with before). But I still feel more comfortable lynching someone like Faustiv, who only became analytical when pushed as a target, and Spam who has had clear tunnel vision on me, only to switch after ONE post by you.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:38 pm

Post by faüstiv »

Very strong reads what?
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:41 pm

Post by faüstiv »

In post 278, Jamelia wrote:

@Jamelia
Like I said before, I disagree with the context of your analysis, not the analysis itself. I think in a normal situation I think you would be right, but I always thought that Airan was being messy, but not scummy. I always prefered a faustiv vote to Airan's because at the beginning, I felt like Airan was more cooperative and willing to find scum with us rather than faustiv, who was combative and not really helpful.

Now that you posted (a very well-thought out) an anaylsis painting a target on him, the players I mentioned before don't have a reason to create a scum storyline since you already painted one. That is why I said I was fine with the Airan vote to begin with, even if I didn't agree. This isn't about ME being right or wrong, it's about us getting the right people out. And your analysis was better than anything I have posted/thought of so far. I shared my opinion but I can't disagree with the things you found.

Now that time has passed and we have seen people jump on the bandwagon, I am more or less thinking that your post exposed their willingness to drop their thinking and go on a path that is more clear and direct. If you are right and Airan is scum, then he can be lynched (which was what I was fine with before). But I still feel more comfortable lynching someone like Faustiv, who only became analytical when pushed as a target, and Spam who has had clear tunnel vision on me, only to switch after ONE post by you.
I agreed with Spangled’s analysis so I jumped on the BW. It was something I’d missed when reading him before. Initially I liked his tone but Spangled brought new light to Airan that I had missed previously.
UrVeggieM8
UrVeggieM8
Townie
UrVeggieM8
Townie
Townie

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:39 pm

Post by UrVeggieM8 »

What does DADV and CFDs stand for?
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:48 pm

Post by Draynth »

Faustiv why do you continuously only show up whenever you're mentioned as being scumread by someone
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:49 pm

Post by Draynth »

Also
@Spangled

I'll answer your question when I get home from university today if that's alright
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
UrVeggieM8
UrVeggieM8
Townie
UrVeggieM8
Townie
Townie

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:18 pm

Post by UrVeggieM8 »

Spoiler:

@Jamelia

Jam, I
wish
I'd posted this comment! Specifically the last paragraph. It's something that I resonate with immensely.
Just the last part about Spam... I read your post to imply that having tunnel vision and switching targets after one post is scummy play. If that's correct, then I disagree because I could see that kind of play coming from a townie too.

Having said that though, from reading Spam's ISO there's one comment that reads as scummy to me. It's in where Spam says Airan is more likely to be scum. But in , Spam says that they're sheeping Spangled until further notice. Spam's confidence about the likelihood of Airan being scum seems pretty high for someone who 1) was sheeping someone else's post (albeit post being excellent), and 2) hadn't made any previous posts indicating that they'd investigated faüstiv to some degree.
UrVeggieM8
UrVeggieM8
Townie
UrVeggieM8
Townie
Townie

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:28 pm

Post by UrVeggieM8 »

@Egix
Just wanted to draw attention to where you say your initial read on Airan is pretty similar to Spangled's current one except that you didn't feel as strongly about it. You then said in that you're really starting to feel swayed now. What was it about Airan's posts that didn't sway you before?
Egix96
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:05 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 285, UrVeggieM8 wrote:
@Egix
Just wanted to draw attention to where you say your initial read on Airan is pretty similar to Spangled's current one except that you didn't feel as strongly about it. You then said in that you're really starting to feel swayed now. What was it about Airan's posts that didn't sway you before?
When I first ISOed Airan, it was obvious to me from reading their posts that they were very likely a first-time player. Because the general air (pun not intended) of their posting reminded me of 1890 Egix, it did make me think 'first-time scum?' but I couldn't feel too strongly about it because a) self-projection, and b) their posting could quite easily have come from first-time town as well.
Spangled's case on Airan was a vital second opinion -
this isn't just a first-time player, this IS first-game scum.
And of course I found it compelling.
In post 281, UrVeggieM8 wrote:
What does DADV and CFDs stand for?
DADV = Dead Air, Dead Villager, i.e. if no one is actively trying to change the direction of the game, it could be a sign that the person currently on the chopping block is town.
CFD = Chinese (Crazy) Fire Drill/Call for Decision, basically it's when someone who wasn't previously being voted suddenly gets voted and it snowballs from there (something which may occur if someone senses DADV, but usually close to Day deadline).
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:55 am

Post by faüstiv »

In post 282, Draynth wrote:Faustiv why do you continuously only show up whenever you're mentioned as being scumread by someone
Didn’t know I was?

Anyway it seems as if most of the playerbase here are from the US so it could be down to timezone difference.
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:09 am

Post by NotMySpamAccount »

In post 279, faüstiv wrote:

Very strong reads what?
yeah I have to agree here, I haven't sred anyone particularly hard all game. this is a bit of a misrep, though perhaps an accidental one.
Show
Town: 6-5
Scum: 2-1
3p: 0-1

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

Indefinite/permanent v/la
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:29 am

Post by Jamelia »

In post 248, faüstiv wrote:Dryanth hasn’t said anything that screams town. His analysis could easily come from a scum perspective; him asking questions to numerous other players is something scum would do d1 to ‘fly under the radar’ so to speak (as if they’re interrogating one specific player, that could disturb trust in the town) but I get a town vibe from post 28. That’s why I think he is null/town.
I just caught this searching your ISO. If Dyranth is scummy for asking questions D1, can you explain why you asked so many questions in several posts before this comment?
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:31 am

Post by Jamelia »

In post 202, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 194, Geyde wrote:
In post 181, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
In post 168, Draynth wrote:VOTE: NotMySpamAccount
I like Geyde's point in
NMSA's reasoning behind jamelia's tone being wrong felt kind of forced and it's something I could imagine scum!Draynth saying
NMSA is also lurking a worrying amount (albeit he's not alone in that)
Draynth: jam's lack of voting might just be aplaystyle thing
Also Draynth: spam is lurking early d1, mumst be scum.

anyone who's played with me can tell you I do this every game.

I do like veggie's reasoning in and .

Also, everyone keeps referring to the exclamation point thing, which I said in the post was not entirely accurate. It's not just the number of exclamation points, but the entire tone of the posts. Veggie's posts come across as much more sincere. That's why I'm voting Jam.
Thread counterwagon for Spam seems to be Jam at this point.

I really don't like this response by Spam here.
They mainly shadethrow their accusers while also setting up a push onto Jam without a lot of the thought process I'd expect of town being pushed.

They notably omit:

- Any analysis of 164 and 165
- Any showing of the difference between Veggie's posts and Jam's posts

Their response therefore sounds more like panicked scum trying to get ground back rather than someone seriously trying to analyze players and their motivations.
eh, I tend to shadethrow with sarcasm a lot. I'll do a full case on Jam in a few hours I think, but I'll make a quick response here. 164 and 165 have reasoning that comes off as thought-out and sincere, like he's putting in the effort to make his reasoning very clear. As someone usually too lazy to do that unless I'm being pushed, I respect that, and tr it. Again, the difference with Jam is tone. I'm not good at explaining it in words, so I kinda have to just tell you to read both of their isos, and hope that you see what I do. As I said, iso deep dives on content as well as tone incoming in a few hours unless rl gets in the way.
Spam, why should I not consider this post to be a strong read?
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:35 am

Post by Jamelia »

@Jamelia

Sorry for block quoting (on mobile), but I want to clarify a comment I made (I posted this and was tired, noticed an error lol).

I said I “can’t disagree with the things Spangled found, even if I disagree.”. What I meant by that is, I can’t disagree that the analysis is valid and comes from a base that is strong and makes sense. But, just like what Spam said about “trusting their intuition”, I just don’t think that Airan is scum. At that point, it was just because my gut was telling me so. Now, it’s because the bandwagon was created very quickly.
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:46 am

In post 290, Jamelia wrote:
I like Geyde's point in
NMSA's reasoning behind jamelia's tone being wrong felt kind of forced and it's something I could imagine scum!Draynth saying

Also, everyone keeps referring to the exclamation point thing, which I said in the post was not entirely accurate. It's not just the number of exclamation points, but the entire tone of the posts. Veggie's posts come across as much more sincere. That's why I'm voting Jam.

They mainly shadethrow their accusers while also setting up a push onto Jam without a lot of the thought process I'd expect of town being pushed.

They notably omit:

Their response therefore sounds more like panicked scum trying to get ground back rather than someone seriously trying to analyze players and their motivations.
eh, I tend to shadethrow with sarcasm a lot. I'll do a full case on Jam in a few hours I think, but I'll make a quick response here. 164 and 165 have reasoning that comes off as thought-out and sincere, like he's putting in the effort to make his reasoning very clear. As someone usually too lazy to do that unless I'm being pushed, I respect that, and tr it. Again, the difference with Jam is tone. I'm not good at explaining it in words, so I kinda have to just tell you to read both of their isos, and hope that you see what I do. As I said, iso deep dives on content as well as tone incoming in a few hours unless rl gets in the way.
Spam, why should I not consider this post to be a strong read?
because I literally say I can't really explain it myself? because I give p much one small reason to sr you, and that's enough for me to vote because I hadn't found much scummy stuff from anyone else yet? Because it's before page 10, so almost no strong srs are accurate?
Show

"NMSA called out all three of us as scum or null in his reads list. Good thing no one's actually reading that." -Enter
"NMSA was at least a pretty easy mislynch that I didn't have to get my hands dirty to attain" -RC

Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:01 am

Post by Jamelia »

My question wasn’t attacking you. I was asking if you had many any strong reads before, and I considered that one a strong read. You don’t have to get defensive.

I am not sure why you didn’t just say at the time, “I don’t have a scumread on anyone else, and Jamelia has posted the scummiest to me right now.”, without going into the “you’ll just have to trust me and ISO their posts :/“ reasoning.
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:05 am

In post 293, Jamelia wrote:My question wasn’t attacking you. I was asking if you had many any strong reads before, and I considered that one a strong read. You don’t have to get defensive.

I am not sure why you didn’t just say at the time, “I don’t have a scumread on anyone else, and Jamelia has posted the scummiest to me right now.”, without going into the “you’ll just have to trust me and ISO their posts :/“ reasoning.
that wasn't all I said, so that's another misrep. I argued from my experience, and only told other people to iso you when my original explanation failed to get my point across.
Show

Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:10 am

Post by Jamelia »

I like Geyde's point in

They notably omit:

This is what you said, which is just what I said. You tried making your point about my tone (on a read that apparently isn’t strong anymore?) and when it didn’t come across, you told people to ISO me and then “see what you see”. Which is telling us to just trust what your saying based on your experience and really nothing else.

If this isn’t a strong read, why should we trust your experience then? I’d you self-admittingly are saying that your gut-reaction comments/vote WASNT strong and shouldn’t be regarded as a strong opinion, then why should I think your gut-reaction vote on Airan because you “are sheeping Spangled for the time being” should be regarded as a strong vote?

I strongly believe you are trying to frame a narrative that is based on nothing at this point
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:10 am

Post by Jamelia »

If you* (second paragraph, mobile fingers lol)
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:13 am

In post 295, Jamelia wrote:
I like Geyde's point in

They notably omit:

This is what you said, which is just what I said. You tried making your point about my tone (on a read that apparently isn’t strong anymore?) and when it didn’t come across, you told people to ISO me and then “see what you see”. Which is telling us to just trust what your saying based on your experience and really nothing else.

If this isn’t a strong read, why should we trust your experience then? I’d you self-admittingly are saying that your gut-reaction comments/vote WASNT strong and shouldn’t be regarded as a strong opinion, then why should I think your gut-reaction vote on Airan because you “are sheeping Spangled for the time being” should be regarded as a strong vote?

I strongly believe you are trying to frame a narrative that is based on nothing at this point
you're leaving out the posts where I argued from you acting perhaps overly enthusiastic. That was the beginning of my argument. I never claimed my read then was particularly strong, because 10 pages into a game it's hard to have strong and accurate reads. I'm not RC, I can't solve the game on page 5 every time.
Show

Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:18 am

Post by Jamelia »

In post 297, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
I like Geyde's point in

They notably omit:

you're leaving out the posts where I argued from you acting perhaps overly enthusiastic. That was the beginning of my argument. I never claimed my read then was particularly strong, because 10 pages into a game it's hard to have strong and accurate reads. I'm not RC, I can't solve the game on page 5 every time.
Leaving out what posts? I thought it was pretty well known what your reasoning was for scumming me in the first place. I loved the way you analyzed posts, and even gave you that compliment before. I was looking forward to you using those same skills to help us win, but ever since that original train on me shut down, you shut down. The only analysis I saw from you was agreeing with Spangled. I guess I’m asking all of these questions because to me you showed before that you were willing to help, but when the wagon didn’t go your way you just sorta stopped and went to the “sheep Spangled” thing.

That’s where my confusion comes from. I don’t get how you can undermine your own posts “before Page 10” when there has only been 12 pages.
NotMySpamAccount
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
NotMySpamAccount
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:51 am

In post 298, Jamelia wrote:
In post 297, NotMySpamAccount wrote:
I like Geyde's point in

They notably omit:

you're leaving out
the posts where I argued from you acting perhaps overly enthusiastic
. That was the beginning of my argument. I never claimed my read then was particularly strong, because 10 pages into a game it's hard to have strong and accurate reads. I'm not RC, I can't solve the game on page 5 every time.
Leaving out what posts?
I thought it was pretty well known what your reasoning was for scumming me in the first place. I loved the way you analyzed posts, and even gave you that compliment before. I was looking forward to you using those same skills to help us win, but ever since that original train on me shut down, you shut down. The only analysis I saw from you was agreeing with Spangled. I guess I’m asking all of these questions because to me you showed before that you were willing to help, but when the wagon didn’t go your way you just sorta stopped and went to the “sheep Spangled” thing.

That’s where my confusion comes from. I don’t get how you can undermine your own posts “before Page 10” when there has only been 12 pages.
you're acting like my only reasoning was the post you quoted, when there was more reasoning than that.
Show