Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:06 pm

Post by eth0s »

oh yeah and
First things first:
if you are voting my slot right now I want some damn good reasoning for it now that I'm here and have caught up. I give spangled some leniency here for setting it in motion with principles I actually agree with. But I don't think he will be the issue anyway.
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:09 pm

Post by eth0s »

{NMSA,Fautiv,egix} eats rope today in that order (STRONG preference on the first two). I'm not voting anyone yet for
reasons
but you bet your sweet cheeks that I will be soon enough
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:09 pm

Post by Jamelia »

In post 324, eth0s wrote:There's something I
really
wanted to do after my catch up but I don't think we have enough deadline time for it. Is anyone else on board if I request further extension? I don't think it would be granted but I hate that I am here near the end of a day and it's preventing me from doing a thing
YES. It has been absolutely dead silent and I think we need more time to figure out a vote D1 that actually benefits us.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:10 pm

Post by eth0s »

actually fuck it

@MOD is it too much to ask for another 24-48 hour extension?

p-edit: cool so you're both on board and probably town. I like it
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:12 pm

Post by eth0s »

Anyways um hi I'm eth0s and this is my town game. This is Spangled's town game, and veggie is town to me for all intents and purposes until proven otherwise
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:14 pm

Post by eth0s »

scum is sweating in their PT right now, or whenever they see that someone who actually wants to participate took over the slot of the leading wagon for the day (sorry scum)
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:17 pm

Post by Draynth »

@ethos

What do you think of Geyde?
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:18 pm

Post by eth0s »

Read alignments:

[town]
me
spangled
veggie
jamelia/geyde/draynth
egix
NMSA
faustiv
[scum]

explanations incoming
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:51 pm

Post by Jamelia »

In post 326, eth0s wrote:{NMSA,Fautiv,egix} eats rope today in that order (STRONG preference on the first two). I'm not voting anyone yet for
reasons
but you bet your sweet cheeks that I will be soon enough
Between those three, I think that Spam has good intentions and got extremely frustrated.

I think Faustiv is *still* my main scum lead based on his unwillingness to answer anything at the beginning of the game.

Egix hasn't posted enough *unique* content for me to really have a read on them. I feel like some of their posts are piggy backing on Spangled's "Airan is Scum" opinion.

I am going to do a full ISO of everyone else later on tonight...after a glass of wine. :)
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:54 pm

Post by eth0s »

These will be kinda low effort compared to what they could be because I have been on site doing too much for too long today, I will elaborate on any given read if needed/requested or perhaps even without such if I feel it would be helpful shortly.

spangled(TR) - playing his town meta to a T, asking game progressing questions, genuinely doesn't want me to be scum because he knows what we are capable of together as town

veggie(TR) - a lot of the same reason as spangled but notably I mind melded with him more than anyone else on my catch up and is taking stances that would just be "putting himself out there" too much as a scum, IMO

jamelia(TL) - obviously I didn't originally TL him but through his interactions with faustiv and NMSA (my working idea of the scumteam) he has proven himself to have little partner equity with either of them, NMSA moreso than faustiv, I think, but regardless, I now understand that his limited voting is NAI or potentially town-indicative of his slot and therefore a lot of my basis for a scumcase on him has gone out the window.

geyde(null/town) - I have paranoia on this slot mostly for the stances he had on RVS, leaving RVS, and how it seemed like he was trying to do more than he should based on the state of the game (admittedly I didn't read his meta references and likely will not, but posting them without being prompted made me feel a bit weird in the first place). I don't think it was overly scummy but I'm always worried about opening play like that because I hate being rekt by scum that play smart and actively. There was also something I think spangled said about him in regards to setting up for a "gotcha" moment and that resonated with me. However I like most of his stances overall, decent mindmeld, and he is both thorough and critical of things such as wagon formation that I don't usually see coming from scum.

draynth(null/town) - hard for me to read this slot and it's mostly based on meta (the one game I played with him where we were both town) and most of his posts are actually kind of forgettable to me. In a way I think his play this game is pretty close to geyde's as far as their approach goes, but draynth has been not quite as active, although not to a fault. I had a really hard time reading him as town in our last game together, where he was town, but he has stepped up the effort in this game it seems like, making longer, more analytical posts which generally gives me townvibes but I am also slightly skeptical of since it doesn't match what little I know of his townplay.

egix(null) - not a whole lot to say about this slot, really. he got on my wagon at a somewhat opportunistic time, although kind of prompted to do so by Draynth. initially did not like spangled but then kinda sheeped his vote without adding much to it. Also somewhat shaded NMSA and stated disapproval towards him while keeping a vote on spangled. That's not super valid reasoning to scumread him given the context of his reads on each of those players but the potential distancing from NMSA in pings me the wrong way. With that being an early readslist it doesn't really feel that valid to use as an argument. Overall I agree with the sentiment someone stated about him potentially "coasting" this game and would like to see some original thought from the slot other than just pointing out mechanical errors, making puns, and posting things that seem really fencesitty.

nmsa(SL) - not gonna lie most of my reasoning for scumreading this slot is based on what others have said and I have a hard time making original stances on scumreads without some interaction of my own but I agree with part of what geyde said about him as I believe I stated in my catch up, about the contradictory stances on Jam and Veg, although I do think that tone and context plays a role there potentially. he goes from voting Jamelia for reasons I originally agreed with, to kind of letting that dissolve while he sheeps spangled's vote on me at a somewhat opportunistic time. I do think that calling it a sheep in his own words is somewhat TSTBS but I don't fully feel that way and think that his 1v1 with jamelia felt kind of poor. Did not like that he called out jam for a misrep when I didn't see it that way, and had nothing productive to say when he was basically proven wrong on that accusation. There are other elements of his play I find somewhat TSTBS but I think that could be the angle that scum!him is going for and therefore I won't let it override my suspicions. also worth noting it appears he is kind of trying to coast by this game in a way that feels somewhat unnatural when compared to his early game play. btw where is the full case on jam?

faustiv(SR) - most of it is covered in my catch up. Not a whole lot to say about this slot because he doesn't have much content. But he shows up when he is scumread, spent almost the entire game so far providing little/no content aside from defending himself, and the only things that don't fall under that category were basically "x is not scum y is scum" with no reasoning given up until he also "sheeped" spangled (see my/draynth's thoughts on how he could be manipulating with purposefully screwing up vote tags), therefore still not providing reasoning but piggybacking off of Spangled's. I guess he elaborated a bit but he chose such an easy person to "analyse". Overall I think his play is quite indicative of newb!scum behavior moreso than newb!town and until he says something that seems like it's coming from a mindset of a townie then I will SR him.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:59 pm

Post by eth0s »

SO, with all this being said, why did I say
In post 326, eth0s wrote:{NMSA,Fautiv,egix} eats rope today
in that order
(STRONG preference on the first two).
?

Quite simply, I think faustiv is absolute obvscum. Normally I think lynching obvscum is the way to go, but I want more time to look at his associations. I want him to play the game and either convince me that he isn't obvscum, or provide some kind of interaction with someone that will help me feel more definitive on a partner.

So far I think the partner is NMSA, and while he isn't exactly a treasure trove of content, there are more associations to be drawn when we see a flip. I think he has been scummy enough that I feel pretty good about the odds of a red flip, while seeing who he interacted with (and more importantly, who interacted with him) with provide us with more information than lynching faustiv.

By NO MEANS will I be against lynching faustiv today, but I would rather give ourselves the most information possible, and therefore I am pretty adamant that we should be lynching NMSA.

However I am still not voting for
reasons
that I cannot disclose unless a thing happens.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:36 pm

Post by eth0s »

Don't all interact with me at once
Geyde
Geyde
Goon
Geyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:23 pm

Post by Geyde »

In post 309, Jamelia wrote:Right, and I was saying why I "WAS" fine with it. It had a condition, and I said that in my original post
Meh, I'm reading too much into the wording
Geyde
Geyde
Goon
Geyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:34 pm

Post by Geyde »

I strongly believe that eth0s isn't a good lynch today considering their progression today reads as rushed, which makes sense given the circumstances. I don't think the slot will be easily read in terms of motivations today because of being literally the top wagon when replacing in
Tomorrow, we will have time to read them better.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 6:57 pm

Post by Spangled »

They say that sometimes when someone reps in as town, you can almost know that they’re town almost immediately; I have felt this before and I’m (almost) feeling it now.
Which honestly conflicts with my gut-feelings on Airan, and this is a weird feeling — one gut-read with stuff backing it up vs another gut read with some stuff backing it up.

But I’m definitely erring on the side of town!eth0s, and this is, by and large, because of his read on Veg — he goes against the flow here, where there had been a narrative proposing scum!veg building prior to my Airan case, and it also agrees with my read on Veg in a way I can understand.
And I can see Airan as newbtown making those posts, and, honestly, I’ve come to realise that I’ve only seen Airan from the perspective of ‘this is newbscum and here’s why’, rather than thinking about whether or not newbtown could make those kinds of posts too. And newbtown... could, I think.
It annoys me, but I think this is probably town.
UNVOTE:

And the game thread really did slow straight down when the Airan-wagon started CFD’ing. Like maybe that’s not indicative of much because Airan wasn’t here, but I feel like scum was either on the wagon or waiting for a good excuse — further arguments for scum!Airan or a sucky defense from him, I imagine — to hop on.

I do kinda feel a bit buddied though dude. Why do I feature so much in your catchup?
And if we lynched faüstiv today and they flipped green, who would you think would be the scumteam then?
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 339, Spangled wrote: I do kinda feel a bit buddied though dude. Why do I feature so much in your catchup?
I actually buddied you harder in my catch up in Crosswords, I don't remember your stance on it then but I've seen you play in Newbie games as both town and scum now, and this definitely isn't your scum game unless you kicked it up a few notches. POE may change that but for now I'm fine with considering you to be town.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:44 pm

Post by eth0s »

I buddied Veg pretty hard too, but you thought my stance on him was good
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:44 pm

Post by faüstiv »

I still think this slot is scum.

VOTE: eth0s
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:49 pm

Post by faüstiv »

In post 313, Draynth wrote:
In post 303, faüstiv wrote:what's scummy about it
It's a weird thought to have from an uninformed point of view
Jamellia is my strongest townread. Spam’s posts in that interaction seem to be coming from a similarly uninformed viewpoint.
UrVeggieM8
UrVeggieM8
Townie
UrVeggieM8
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:49 pm

Post by UrVeggieM8 »

Looking back at the Jam v Spam series of posts, I feel more confident now in reading Spam as scum. I'd go so far to suggest that Spam started a wagon on Jam but backed off when they realised that it wasn't likely to go ahead, perhaps because of what Geyde said in .

In coming to this conclusion, I'm fine with what Ethos said about Spam, faüstiv, and Egix eating rope in that order. I'd also be fine with anyone saying that Spam and faüstiv are scum buddies, because of what faüstiv says in . Because I've come to the conclusion that I have about Spam, FMPOV it looks like faüstiv is making an attempt to deflect suspicion without overtly interacting with Spam.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:50 pm

Post by faüstiv »

In post 338, Geyde wrote:I strongly believe that eth0s isn't a good lynch today considering their progression today reads as rushed, which makes sense given the circumstances. I don't think the slot will be easily read in terms of motivations today because of being literally the top wagon when replacing in
Tomorrow, we will have time to read them better.
This is a bad post. Do you think he’s scum or not?
UrVeggieM8
UrVeggieM8
Townie
UrVeggieM8
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:52 pm

Post by UrVeggieM8 »

In post 343, faüstiv wrote:
Jamellia is my strongest townread. Spam’s posts in that interaction seem to be coming from a similarly uninformed viewpoint.
Faüstiv posted this with good timing for me! The above reinforces what I said before about faüstiv trying to deflect suspicion without overtly interacting with Spam. If faüstiv and Spam are scum-buddies and communicating privately, they both likely came to the same conclusion that Jam wouldn't be a likely lynch for today. That's why I think faüstiv has said here that Jam is their strongest town read.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:53 pm

Post by faüstiv »

In post 344, UrVeggieM8 wrote:Looking back at the Jam v Spam series of posts, I feel more confident now in reading Spam as scum. I'd go so far to suggest that Spam started a wagon on Jam but backed off when they realised that it wasn't likely to go ahead, perhaps because of what Geyde said in .

In coming to this conclusion, I'm fine with what Ethos said about Spam, faüstiv, and Egix eating rope in that order. I'd also be fine with anyone saying that Spam and faüstiv are scum buddies, because of what faüstiv says in . Because I've come to the conclusion that I have about Spam, FMPOV it looks like faüstiv is making an attempt to deflect suspicion without overtly interacting with Spam.
eth0s has the three most lynchable players in his scumpool. Airan was playing a trademark scum game.

How are his intentions pure?
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:54 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 339, Spangled wrote: And if we lynched faüstiv today and they flipped green, who would you think would be the scumteam then?
I would probably say NMSA/egix is the team in that case. During his reads, egix's stance on NMSA was weird and non-commital (not unlike what he accused you of being in the same post). If you look through NMSA's ISO there is literally ZERO interaction with egix. And that is the only person I can say that about. egix looks like he is coasting pretty hard, and it looks like NMSA has tried to do the same in more recent posts barring the 1v1 with Jam.

I actually think lynching NMSA is even better now that I realize he has not interacted with egix at all. It has me going as far as to wonder if faustiv is the mislynch bait winner instead of the obvscum winner. egix also only "interacted" with NMSA with that one read of him that was very non-commital yet shady. I think I'm actually fully against a faustiv lynch at this point and want to see one of them instead
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:55 pm

Post by faüstiv »

In post 346, UrVeggieM8 wrote:
In post 343, faüstiv wrote:
Faüstiv posted this with good timing for me! The above reinforces what I said before about faüstiv trying to deflect suspicion without overtly interacting with Spam. If faüstiv and Spam are scum-buddies and communicating privately, they both likely came to the same conclusion that Jam wouldn't be a likely lynch for today. That's why I think faüstiv has said here that Jam is their strongest town read.
Jamellia is very paranoid about me. I think based on my earlier play he would have every right to be as town.