Magical Girls UPick - Heart of Shadow (Game Over)

Forum rules
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #5350 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:13 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 5346, Torque wrote:Town lost krazy’s anime upick too because town claimed masons with scum
Can we just not
Town shouldnt have to analyze the game with the consideration that there could be other town gamethrowing
@eragon
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5351 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:16 am

Post by popsofctown »

Fake masons:(
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5352 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:26 am

Post by Krazy »

In post 5330, Dannflor wrote:I really don't think that's fair
It's not his fault alone. RC wouldn't be as demoralizing to play with if people didn't randomly just give into him for no reason or defend him at the drop of a hat. RC being a prick is totally predictable but having people come in and apologize for him makes it really easy to just tune out the game and stop caring. Like even now you're defending RC and why? Just to drag out an argument that's not going to convince anyone?

Like the first thing you did in this game was convince me that not only would RC be a pain but that people would take his side with the least amount of pushback for no reason. Maybe play a bit less politically dann, we get enough of that from rc himself. Gameplay made good shots and it's not him specifically, but the mass of people that will just be like "ok ill drop my correct townread and misvig because rc is threatening to throw a tantrum" that makes it totally pointless to join queues with him. When the people who push back on his reads when they're shitty are constantly dogpiled way before his alignment is obvious, it makes you feel like it's okay to just write games off as a loss because people want to play popularity contest and "sheep the rc". RC is a problem, but "the problem with RC" is not just RC even though he definitely does a lot to cultivate the cult of personality that feeds into his ego pushes
vote conspiracy
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #5353 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:30 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

???

there was literally no correct option krazy: i believed that LLD was a mason.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #5354 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:32 am

also when did i threaten to throw a tantrum

i
LITERALLY
said that i wouldn't mind if he shot elsewhere, because I couldn't feel sure enough about you guys flipping scum
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #5355 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:35 am

In post 5201, Tana and Ephraim wrote:hi gameplay :)

i won't hate you if you shoot elsewhere btw.
tada

if i'm so horrible, why do you guys have to keep lying and distorting reality to complain about me
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5356 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:37 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 5328, Titus wrote:RC, there were signs of LLD's mason being fake.
I saw them.

The two biggest ones were...1) The early null read of Katsuki by LLD and saying she could sort her later.
2) The abnormal as fuck voting pattern, which suggested someone familiar with how I operate was calling the shots.

Looking at dead chat, others felt the mason claim was fake.

Yet, you had to be in charge and stifle all discussion. You railroaded a fair amount of the game.

When a toxic leader emerges, people don't rebel to his face but in other ways. You literally failed to notice the extreme amount of effort I put in to work with you, so I gave up. Scum can and will capitalize on that. If you continue to demand to be leader, you need to get the best out of people.

You were just as helpful as Katsuki. Without you being you, maybe we second guess it.
Titus asking for someone to see through a mason claim that has been corroborated by a mechanically innocent player is absurd.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #5357 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:40 am

is it not enough for you that you don't enjoy playing with me? why do you have to lie to make me out to be this demon who is hurting town wincon and playing against my wincondition
can't you just say 'well i do not enjoy playing with RCs dictatorial style and it makes the game less fun with me and I will choose to avoid him on that basis'
as opposed to RC is playing against his wincondition!, or RC is responsible for this loss!, or RC is responsible for the mislynches of people he hard townread!, or RC is setting out to ruin the game for people!
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5358 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:41 am

Post by Krazy »

Sorry RC I've decided its best for the thread if I don't respond to you, instead I'm just going to make off the cuff comments about how much you revolt me and never engage you while also waiting for an opportune time to get you removed even if you're no longer playing the game.
vote conspiracy
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5359 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

that doesn't seem nice
"Well, I..."
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5360 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:50 am

Post by Krazy »

I know right? It seems pretty rude to take a bunch of pot shots at someone you refuse to talk to after you've said you won't talk to them. Seems like a real douche move. Thankfully no one I talk to does that sort of thing.
vote conspiracy
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #5361 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:53 am

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #5362 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:08 am

Post by Titus »

In post 5357, RadiantCowbells wrote:is it not enough for you that you don't enjoy playing with me? why do you have to lie to make me out to be this demon who is hurting town wincon and playing against my wincondition
can't you just say 'well i do not enjoy playing with RCs dictatorial style and it makes the game less fun with me and I will choose to avoid him on that basis'
as opposed to RC is playing against his wincondition!, or RC is responsible for this loss!, or RC is responsible for the mislynches of people he hard townread!, or RC is setting out to ruin the game for people!
RC, by arguing the accuracy of your reads justifies your play misses the point. While I disagree with some things (see pg 131), convincing you your reads suck doesn't help you learn anything.

Feelings are related to results. Town players perform better when supported. Your dictorial style negatively impacted both SS and myself who Tana told you were town. It stopped the LLD guilty from being exposed. It stopped me from getting underneath LLD's claim. It stopped SS's ability to contribute.

The more you dictate, the more your reads must be perfect. There are players who read not based on claim and based on feelings. This is just as valuable in mafia. When this gets silenced, scum can win. A feelings based player catches LLD fast.

Your insistence that certain players deserve more than others will ALWAYS bite you. Eventually, you'll reach the point where you're better than everyone else. No one will respect your process until you respect theirs.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5363 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:10 am

Post by Titus »

Your actions relate to your ego which makes the game easier for emotionally savvy scum.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #5364 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:14 am

In post 5362, Titus wrote:Eventually, you'll reach the point where you're better than everyone else.
:thonk:
RC, by arguing the accuracy of your reads justifies your play misses the point. While I disagree with some things (see pg 131), convincing you your reads suck doesn't help you learn anything.

Feelings are related to results. Town players perform better when supported. Your dictorial style negatively impacted both SS and myself who Tana told you were town. It stopped the LLD guilty from being exposed. It stopped me from getting underneath LLD's claim. It stopped SS's ability to contribute.

The more you dictate, the more your reads must be perfect. There are players who read not based on claim and based on feelings. This is just as valuable in mafia. When this gets silenced, scum can win. A feelings based player catches LLD fast.
No. I told Tana that you were town, she didn't tell me that you were town. Please explain to me why you believed otherwise unless you're trying to erase my accomplishments.
I scumread LLD as well. I would also never vote a mason claim with a 100% conftown mason partner unless I was 100% sure that everyone else was town.
I think that you being willing to is a more dangerous sort of egotism than anything that I said in this game.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #5365 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:17 am

In post 5363, Titus wrote:Your actions relate to your ego which makes the game easier for emotionally savvy scum.
I got strongman killed N1 as a role whose only real ability is to keep itself alive. You lived to endgame as a vigilante who only shot town.
You keep alluding to this ~different skillsets~ argument but if anything, I'm better at hunting ~emotionally savvy~ scum than anyone else because I know how to read AtE better than anyone I know of.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #5366 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:19 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

lol no one was catching me this game.

I love how much agency is removed from me in these discussions.

Katsuki didn't magically come up with mason stuff. I presented it as a gambit and then did it in thread in a way that looked natural to Kats so kats would back me up.

I killed Bitmap the night after Katsuki called for me to be investigated (btw how did no one fkn read into that line huh?) and after considering all the roles that were available. I needed to not be copped.

I left people alive who could do literally nothing about this outcome. Titus, it didn't matter if you decided you thought I was scum, we would have just lynched you.

It didn't matter if you shot me, Titus. I was BP.

Nothing you did this game mattered because I won this game when I was neighbourized night 1 and IMMEDIATELY implemented my gambit.

No amount of feeling based player was going to win this game for you.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

11 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you, click here.
If you wish to speak to one of us, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra and Airna.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #5367 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:24 am

Post by Wisdom »

except maybe a certain guy who doesn't believe katsuki claims and always scumreads lld
Bitmap
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5368 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:25 am

Post by Bitmap »

idk im just glad i wasn't the reason we lost although i'll admit i used my IC card a lot earlier than needed
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #5369 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:28 am

I don't think the takeaway for this game is that we should start considering whether players like LLD are scum when she's
in a reasonable world
confirmed town.
The takeaway is that we shouldn't be putting players who could potentially be scum in a position where they're
in a reasonable world
confirmed town.
This wasn't some sort of mechanics fuckery where there was room for multiple interpretations, this was a town player literally claiming an inno that wasn't true.

I have no regrets about my decision not to go after a claimed mason. I'll continue to not go after claimed masons. I think my play was right even if it led to a loss.
Don't fakeclaim mod confirmed knowledge of people's alignments.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5370 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:29 am

Post by Titus »

RC, you can either get defensive and keep making the same mistakes or you can get real and learn to support all skillsets. I am trying to prevent you from going down my road.

Wisdom miss you. I'm trying to grow here as a player. Would love to see you around.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #5371 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:30 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 5367, Wisdom wrote:except maybe a certain guy who doesn't believe katsuki claims and always scumreads lld
lol

you do always scum read me.

the issue is I'm also always scum

It's madness lol. I can't do anything without drawing scum. >.>
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

11 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you, click here.
If you wish to speak to one of us, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra and Airna.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #5372 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:32 am

Post by Titus »

In post 5366, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:No amount of feeling based player was going to win this game for you.
Disagree but we needed a team. A team that could never form.

That doesn't mean we would win. But to beat you, it needs more than yelling.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Bitmap
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5373 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:34 am

Post by Bitmap »

Was really hoping that no one noticed that I was a cop.

Scum knew from RCE's role that there was a cop. Then we had town pretty much claim everything. A part of me wished scum bought into SS being a cop and killing them.

Scum's top priority after RCE was lynched was to find the cop.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #5374 (ISO) » Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:36 am

In post 5370, Titus wrote:RC, you can either get defensive and keep making the same mistakes or you can get real and learn to support all skillsets. I am trying to prevent you from going down my road.

Wisdom miss you. I'm trying to grow here as a player. Would love to see you around.
I don't agree that my mistakes were mistakes though. I've learned to ignore Katsuki's cop results, does that help?