Geyde
Geyde
Goon
Geyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:56 pm

Post by Geyde »

In post 615, eth0s wrote:Scum isn't worried about pushing town!faustiv today because they know he will be easy mislynch bait in lylo. They want to knock off a player that is going to make the game hell for them leading up to that. The reasoning there probably correlates to why veggie was shot last night.

Geyde kinda beat me to it, at least if i understood him correctly, in saying that it looks like Draynth is shading me with the hopes that a wagon will go up on me that Draynth doesn't actually have to start.

"why did eth0s fakeclaim mason"
*other people respond and make the case for him*
*he adds a bit to said case as to not blatantly sheep it, still agrees overall, and jumps on my wagon when the lynch looks more promising*

This is my perception of what's going down. Sorry to Geyde if I am misrepping him by saying that I think we are in agreement.
The idea is similar
Execution in how Draynth was pushing was different because I hadn't thought about it in that way
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:03 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 622, Draynth wrote:also yeah about scum!draynth pushing faustiv here, I'd definitely have to try and bite the bullet and misylnch one of the more townread / directly opposing players today. As was mentioned, players like faustiv/egix are both easier to mislynch
Wifomy wifoming. I like it.
Why is Egix easier to mislynch, in your opinion, and why did you just assume he was town?
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:23 pm

Post by Draynth »

He's easier to mislynch because he's been objectively scummy most of the game in my opinion, I'm planning to do an ISO dive when I get home later.
Because it's from a scum!Draynth pov I guess? I dunno I didn't really think about it
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 9:51 pm

Post by faüstiv »

I’m a difficult mislynch. I have a locker full of towntells and I’m not afraid to use them, when I see fit.

Fortunately I am more interested in finding scum. I’ll post my thoughts tonight.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:39 pm

Post by eth0s »

I hope everything is okay with the hurricane draynth.

I have some objections to the logic in your spam posts I am going to get to later
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:40 am

Post by Jamelia »

Sorry for not being as active lately, I've been studying a bit harder than normal - and that's cut into this game.

I'm pretty stoic on my opinions right now and I'm not sure where to go from here. Right now I am indifferent towards eth0s/Dyranth and scummy towards Fausitv/Egix. Here's why.

I feel like although eth0s/Dyranth have both done things that are scummy, I believe that their content can be looked at more closely as they are providing at least SOMETHING that we can analyze and use. I understand that by saying that, I am implying that activity = townieness, which isn't my feelings entirely. However, I do think just like how Geyde took a deeper dive into Egix/Dyranth this round, I feel like those who aren't adding to the conversation much and are just waiting in the background hurt us more than anything else.

Which brings me to Spangled.

I know Spangled has been a main town read for quite a while now, but I simply don't understand how someone who gave such an elaborate analysis at the beginning, really tried helping us, and then was very confident about the eth0s/aidan scum vote not being an active part of today's voting sequence. Ever since we decided that eth0s wasn't the way to go, Spangled as stayed relatively silent.

So, Spangled - I'd love to know where you are in this game at the moment, especially since you have been characterized as the "main town sided" player since pretty much the beginning.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:09 am

Post by faüstiv »

Are you suggesting me and Egix are a team?
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:42 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 629, eth0s wrote:I hope everything is okay with the hurricane draynth.

I have some objections to the logic in your spam posts I am going to get to later
Thank you.
It seemed to lose a lot of it's power (Is this how you describe a hurricane? I've no idea) overnight so it wasn't as bad as anticipated. Just going to be a lot of rain tonight.
In post 630, Jamelia wrote: Which brings me to Spangled.

I know Spangled has been a main town read for quite a while now, but I simply don't understand how someone who gave such an elaborate analysis at the beginning, really tried helping us, and then was very confident about the eth0s/aidan scum vote not being an active part of today's voting sequence. Ever since we decided that eth0s wasn't the way to go, Spangled as stayed relatively silent.

So, Spangled - I'd love to know where you are in this game at the moment, especially since you have been characterized as the "main town sided" player since pretty much the beginning.
This is actually something that I had noticed but never really came to the front of my mind to share
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
Geyde
Geyde
Goon
Geyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:03 am

Post by Geyde »

In post 621, Draynth wrote: I'm not actively trying to convince you that eth0s is scum. I never set out to do that.
What was your goal with opening up that avenue in that case?
I'm not sure what you
actually
think about the slot
Geyde
Geyde
Goon
Geyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:06 am

Post by Geyde »

Spoiler: Spangled
In post 257, Spangled wrote:
In post 256, UrVeggieM8 wrote:
In post 242, Spangled wrote:
In post 241, UrVeggieM8 wrote:Making this post so that I don't get prodded/replaced myself! Not entirely convinced of Spangled's town-ness just yet but I (hopefully) have a better read on them than either faüstiv or Airan. So I'm choosing to put my trust in their post about newb-scum behaviour and agree with both faüstiv and Airan lynch-wagons. I am a little bit torn as to who I should vote for though. I still think something's up with faüstiv and am leaning towards lynching them based on gut instinct but in terms of utility, I think an Airan lynch would probably provide more information.
What more information would an Airan lynch provide than a faüstiv one?
And what do you think is ‘up’ about faüstiv?
Was thinking along the lines that up until recently, Airan had been more interactive with the game and providing opinions/commentary (even if it was all filler). Between the two potential lynches, I thought that the less vague defence would've come from Airan. This post is past its deadline anyway, with Airan being replaced.

"Still think something's up" meant not willing to completely abandon faüstiv as a lynch target just yet. I posted my opinion on faüstiv in and at this point in the game, my opinion largely hasn't changed. What I neglected to say in is that I think that kind of play is scummy because it feels like faüstiv is withholding information and I believe a townie rarely has reason to withhold information (unless they're a special townie with an identity they want to preserve).
@Veg
What kind of information do you think faüstiv is withholding; what do you mean by that?
In post 266, Spangled wrote:
In post 265, Draynth wrote:How easily this Airan wagon has built up is slightly concerning and makes me think there's at least 1 scum on it, but given he hasn't been here to defend himself that (gut) feeling doesn't have as much merit as it would typically.
Aye.
If there had to be 1 scum on it, who do you think it would be?
In post 269, Spangled wrote:@Draynth
What would you say has been better about Egix than NMSA?
In post 271, Spangled wrote:Could you summarise what has stood out to you as scummy from NMSA?
In post 277, Spangled wrote:
In post 276, Jamelia wrote:
In post 275, Geyde wrote:I want to say DADV given that thread has been both completely warped and died since the push on Airan started. If Airan were to be scum, then why isn't there any pressure being put on CFDs?
NMSA had a particularly shitty progression in 221 completely shifting his mind despite not showing any drop in confidence in scum!Jam, but that hasn't been expanded upon beyond a token comment by Draynth. Even then, there hasn't been any movement in thread toward pushing that further.
This might be clouded by Airan's activity completely dropping off the map, but I think the wagon on Airan is entirely impure
I am starting to worry about this vote as well. I think if Airan was here we would have a more clear indication of what to do. I think Spangled's analysis was good but I actually think it revealed more about Spam/Faustiv/Egix. All 3 were more than likely on a different wagon (Spam on Me, Faustiv on Geyde, Egix up in the air), and then saw Spangled's analysis and went on that.

More specifically, we have Spam/Faustiv going from VERY strong opinions about their scumreads to going on the Airan train, and this was when they were both the lead vote getters at the time.

I agree with what others have said, I believe at least ONE scum is among those 4 voters. If you had to ask me, my gut still tells me that my main scum read is Faustiv.
@Jamelia
So you think Airan isn’t scum?
What part of my analysis do you disagree?
In post 315, Spangled wrote:
In post 314, eth0s wrote:Catching up
Man I don’t want to play against you when you’re scum dude.
Alternatively, show yourself to be obvtown in your catchup and I can ignore those almost-scumtells from Airan.
In post 339, Spangled wrote:They say that sometimes when someone reps in as town, you can almost know that they’re town almost immediately; I have felt this before and I’m (almost) feeling it now.
Which honestly conflicts with my gut-feelings on Airan, and this is a weird feeling — one gut-read with stuff backing it up vs another gut read with some stuff backing it up.

But I’m definitely erring on the side of town!eth0s, and this is, by and large, because of his read on Veg — he goes against the flow here, where there had been a narrative proposing scum!veg building prior to my Airan case, and it also agrees with my read on Veg in a way I can understand.
And I can see Airan as newbtown making those posts, and, honestly, I’ve come to realise that I’ve only seen Airan from the perspective of ‘this is newbscum and here’s why’, rather than thinking about whether or not newbtown could make those kinds of posts too. And newbtown... could, I think.
It annoys me, but I think this is probably town.
UNVOTE:

And the game thread really did slow straight down when the Airan-wagon started CFD’ing. Like maybe that’s not indicative of much because Airan wasn’t here, but I feel like scum was either on the wagon or waiting for a good excuse — further arguments for scum!Airan or a sucky defense from him, I imagine — to hop on.

I do kinda feel a bit buddied though dude. Why do I feature so much in your catchup?
And if we lynched faüstiv today and they flipped green, who would you think would be the scumteam then?
In post 372, Spangled wrote:@Egix
Could you give us an updated readslist, perhaps?
In post 526, Spangled wrote:
In post 476, eth0s wrote:like you can't even challenge my case on you, you have nothing to say about how flat out wrong you are about how nmsa's wagon formed more organically than mine did, nothing to say about your blind sheep on the wagon, nothing to say about the very person you sheeped changing stances because the 5 lines of completely NAI newb posts mean nothing compared to the things I have pointed out and provided today. You are scared scum backed into a corner and even in this fantasy land where I get lynched today you go down so fast tomorrow it's not even funny
This is town!eth0s. Disclaimer: I haven’t seen his scumgame.
But this is how he has gotten as town; some overstatement, emotion in his defense and his willingness to attack. Often overstatement and, regrettably, half-threats that can sometimes seem to undermine some of his credibility but, I think,
are
town-indicative. This, I think, is it.

I think the fault for the NMSA wagon is on me, though; I knew he played lazy D1s and I didn’t say it. I thought I had expressed some of my doubt, but I really didn’t.
In post 527, Spangled wrote:
In post 524, faüstiv wrote:ok cool. NMSA should have claimed cop.
It would have been wise.
By the way, faüstiv, why are you so confident you will determine whether or not eth0s gets lynched or not?
In post 532, Spangled wrote:
In post 528, Jamelia wrote:I found his rants town sided but him self-voting and then hammering on the cop is ridiculous.
You think self-voting is scummy?
In post 581, Spangled wrote:
In post 563, faüstiv wrote: 1) Reads early on in the game are very rarely genuine and if they are, they are gut scumreads at best. Sometimes it's good to shake the tree and see what falls.
Look, I can understand ‘shaking the tree’, to an extent, but... you can’t be disingenuous with your reads. If you’re town, that’s a good way to get lynched, because scum are always disingenuous with their reads because they make them up, and so if your reads aren’t genuine, you’re behaving like scum, with the worldview of scum behind you — which people will pick up on, and, rightfully or not, get you lynched for.

Don’t do it.
In post 584, Spangled wrote:
In post 583, faüstiv wrote:
In post 581, Spangled wrote:
In post 563, faüstiv wrote: 1) Reads early on in the game are very rarely genuine and if they are, they are gut scumreads at best. Sometimes it's good to shake the tree and see what falls.
Look, I can understand ‘shaking the tree’, to an extent, but... you can’t be disingenuous with your reads. If you’re town, that’s a good way to get lynched, because scum are always disingenuous with their reads because they make them up, and so if your reads aren’t genuine, you’re behaving like scum, with the worldview of scum behind you — which people will pick up on, and, rightfully or not, get you lynched for.

Don’t do it.
I had a scumread on you, albeit a light one based on gut. I wanted to pursue t. That’s not being disingenuous.
Yeah, I get that. This isn’t about my specific case. Just generally: only genuine reads.
In post 609, Spangled wrote:Why do you reckon Jam is an unattainable lynch for scum!Draynth, Geyde?
And what’s your read on faüstiv at the moment?

@Spangled
Where are you at in regards to gamestate
I'm not seeing a direction from your recent posts
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:08 am

Post by eth0s »

I also have concerns about Spangled that I haven't shared yet... I really want to hear more from him so I can decide how I feel though.

I will say that I no longer feel he is the obvtown I originally took him for. With veg being gone that hurts me a lot actually.
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:12 am

Post by Jamelia »

In post 631, faüstiv wrote:Are you suggesting me and Egix are a team?
No. As I said earlier, I don't like pairing people up as teams because most of the time it's hard to pinpoint a team without anyone being revealed as scum.

I put you two together because of the way y'all post. It just doesn't necessarily add to anything
Egix96
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:37 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 620, Geyde wrote:NK Ethos locks Draynth/Egix out of the game because of spew (Spangled/Jam v, Draynth s)
Egix then has to betray his read on me in order to try to get me lynched since I would then be the only non-lock town
I don't know, saying that two people would be 'lock town' based on a single nightkill seems like an over-simplification. Too unrealistic.
Egix96
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:01 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 621, Draynth wrote:...?
I don't even know if I think eth0s is scum.
I think you probably are.
If you get lynched and flip scum I think geyde is a possiblity, but I haven't looked into your interactions with anyone else and I'm probably OMGUS'ing geyde too
- Ah right, I just had the impression that you had eth0s as your main scumread.
- I know I'm going to hate myself for saying this but... fair enough.
- Well I know that can't happen ;) As for the OMGUS-ing Geyde part, now that I've thought about it, I'm not sure how else you could have defended yourself from him without pushing him back, even if it seemed a bit shady. *shrugs*
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:19 am

Post by faüstiv »

Spangled had an active D1 but has said very little D2. Is Spangled complacent scum who is choosing not to post as much now that the player pool is smaller and each player is under more scrutiny or has he just been legitimately busy.

I want answers from Spangled too. Spangled, what your thoughts on D2 thus far?
Geyde
Geyde
Goon
Geyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:35 am

Post by Geyde »

In post 637, Egix96 wrote:
In post 620, Geyde wrote:NK Ethos locks Draynth/Egix out of the game because of spew (Spangled/Jam v, Draynth s)
Egix then has to betray his read on me in order to try to get me lynched since I would then be the only non-lock town
I don't know, saying that two people would be 'lock town' based on a single nightkill seems like an over-simplification. Too unrealistic.
It would be an unconventional kill, so of course it would create spew
If those players were already townread by the player in question, it would only strengthen the spew
Geyde
Geyde
Goon
Geyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:38 am

Post by Geyde »

Thread suddenly shifting focus onto Spangled when they were previously lock v for a few players and for the rest at least townlean worries me
Egix96
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:01 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 640, Geyde wrote:
In post 637, Egix96 wrote:
It would be an unconventional kill, so of course it would create spew
If those players were already townread by the player in question, it would only strengthen the spew
Ah I see
So yes it would be a good look for them but it's not something I would treat as gospel
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:19 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 641, Geyde wrote:Thread suddenly shifting focus onto Spangled when they were previously lock v for a few players and for the rest at least townlean worries me
No one has voted for him, I don't think people asking for him to actually put effort into the game is bad
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:20 am

Post by eth0s »

also what significance is a day one townread?
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:30 am

Post by faüstiv »

In post 644, eth0s wrote:also what significance is a day one townread?
Pretty significant.
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:02 am

Post by Jamelia »

In post 641, Geyde wrote:Thread suddenly shifting focus onto Spangled when they were previously lock v for a few players and for the rest at least townlean worries me
Yeah I made one comment and then multiple people jumped on that... it's not that I even have a scumread on Spangled I just genuinely want to know why they've taken a backseat when their the main town read universally by everyone
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:06 am

Post by Jamelia »

In post 632, Draynth wrote:
In post 629, eth0s wrote:I hope everything is okay with the hurricane draynth.

Thank you.
It seemed to lose a lot of it's power (Is this how you describe a hurricane? I've no idea) overnight so it wasn't as bad as anticipated. Just going to be a lot of rain tonight.
In post 630, Jamelia wrote: Which brings me to Spangled.

This is actually something that I had noticed but never really came to the front of my mind to share
What did you notice about Spangled before that made you concerned?
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:26 am

Post by Spangled »

Sorry y’all I should have been V/LA for a while but I forgot to mention it, but I’ve just finished throwing a game in LyLo and it’s taken a lot out of me — the game in general — 7 day Days, gee whiz it ain’t fun — and the loss. I’ll get to this game as soon as I can, I promise! Sorry for such low effort recently.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:49 am

Post by Errantparabola »

acough . cough. ACHOO
wheeze !!! achk gouch owch hkkk!!!

A HUAH
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided