mastina
She
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She

Post Post #8450 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:41 am

Post by mastina »

In post 8372, Pine wrote:I’ve decided to reveal some mechanics

LLD was our only full PR. Having a Commuter was Jingle’s idea, so I okayed it. LLD disobeyed instructions by claiming it when she did. She was convinced it would make her unlynchable, but I knew it would sink her.

For our other powers, I used the decentralized JOAT that I first saw in Firebringer’s Rogue One game. I also used it last year. There are five 1-shot powers in there, which any scum can use. The 1-shot roleblock we used on FF is the only one I’ve seen fit to authorize so far.

Scum may also bargain for fruit, as per usual.
Hey JINGLE:
Pine mentioned fruit mechanics in this post. Can you verify that everything he said in this post is true?

Important question number two.
And if Jingle doesn't give me the answer I am looking for I'll give a follow-through to this because Pine gave us a really big fucking bone here and Jingle is a bastard mod if he doesn't give me what I'm after--he might not give it to me with this question but by the time I ask my followthrough questions if this question isn't enough, Jingle will have given me what I want or he's a fucking liar when he said he'd prevent Pine from lying about fruit mechanics.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #8451 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:42 am

Post by Titus »

In post 8439, Menalque wrote:
In post 8436, Titus wrote:@Melanque, I can answer that if you'd like.
Go ahead.

Like I said, I’m very unsure here. Why do you think I’m getting the impression that there’s a cohesion between you/mastina/dann/ducky (which I also felt regarding dann/ducky earlier in the game only to soften on it after interacting with them both directly) but a kind of subtle one?
Well, I was referring to the meta question but they are related. Titus!scum is known as a mama hen. Titus scum prefers the sidelines. Town Titus prefers to lead or ensure competent leadership. Town Titus objects to suboptimal plays. Scum Titus relishes them.

Mastina and I are both analytical players. We process games in similar if then else ways. If mastina and I can't figure out where we disagree, high odds one is scum.

As for the group as a whole, the votes have divided that way for ages. Look at the major wagons. The divisions are obvious.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #8452 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:42 am

Post by the worst »

Menalque talk to me abt what you're doin rn
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #8453 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:42 am

Post by MariaR »

If you like that if I promise to tryhard the full dayphase will you give me the fruit? I'll be honest if I stop. (Because it's not fun to lie! Okay, well it is fun to lie but not in cases like this I'm not a jerk)
Pedit: Mena wtf? What did I do. Second of all the answer to mastinas question is obv no and she's not dumb enough to ask that
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #8454 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:45 am

Post by Pine »

In post 8447, mastina wrote:
In post 8284, Pine wrote:Nah I can’t find the FF=Vig post. His ISO has too much in it, and it was spotted in our Discord thread, which I’m not spending my entire lunch break sifting.
Hey JINGLE:
Is it legal for me to post a screenshot of what discord channels I have access to?

Important question number one to the mod.
Hey that’s a good idea! Just don’t forget to DM me for a re-invite after you quit and take the screenshot.

For what it’s worth, the scum Discord is called “The Darkest Glade,” and has a grinning skull icon.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #8455 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:46 am

Post by Menalque »

“Hey, the fruit probably has ways in which it can be used by town but also advantages for scum to keep it balanced?”

“Is there an optimal strategy to deal with that?”

“Yeah, we leash the requests so pine can’t give it to whoever he wants. Maybe we get no fruit, but at least this way scum doesn’t get anything particularly good!”

“Oh, great, so we can control it to a degree and make it a more townsiding mechanic?”

“Yeah, exactly!”

*everyone immediately asks for fruit the second it gets offered*

Like honestly, I don’t even give a shit if it’s against my wincon, if the people who have been insta asking for fruit since yesterday are town then I WANT scum to win because they deserve it so much more if the plan is literally just scumsiding from town

So let’s lynch mariaR and fb and if they flip town then I’ll vote whoever pine tells me to because just fuck. This. Game.
Bingle
Bingle
Jack of All Trades
Bingle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8456 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:50 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 8450, mastina wrote:

LLD was our only full PR. Having a Commuter was Jingle’s idea, so I okayed it. LLD disobeyed instructions by claiming it when she did. She was convinced it would make her unlynchable, but I knew it would sink her.

For our other powers, I used the decentralized JOAT that I first saw in Firebringer’s Rogue One game. I also used it last year. There are five 1-shot powers in there, which any scum can use. The 1-shot roleblock we used on FF is the only one I’ve seen fit to authorize so far.

Hey JINGLE:
Pine mentioned fruit mechanics in this post. Can you verify that everything he said in this post is true?

And if Jingle doesn't give me the answer I am looking for I'll give a follow-through to this because Pine gave us a really big fucking bone here and Jingle is a bastard mod if he doesn't give me what I'm after--he might not give it to me with this question but by the time I ask my followthrough questions if this question isn't enough, Jingle will have given me what I want or he's a fucking liar when he said he'd prevent Pine from lying about fruit mechanics.
I can confirm that scum may bargain for fruit.

I cannot confirm or deny any other portion of the post. ~Jingle
Last edited by Jingle on Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8457 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 8449, Pine wrote:
In post 8446, MariaR wrote:Wait post restriction sounds really fun
GIVE ME A POST RESTRICTION PINEY.
Honestly I’d rather you talk. I enjoy it when you engage.
My suggestion: MariaR can't explain her townread on me for the rest of the day.

You could have an easier shot at mislynching me.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Bingle
Bingle
Jack of All Trades
Bingle
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8458 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:50 am

Post by Bingle »

Fuck. Wrong account. Please hold.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #8459 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:51 am

Post by MariaR »

The scumreads on me are stupid. No one has given reason why I'm scum besides the fact. 'Maria started trying' A) Anyone who has played a game with me and guess what every one of you have. Knows that the levels of effort I put in the game are the most NAI thing in history. B) None of your basic ass people even did the most logical thing.

Let's say you scumread me for trying let's look at the post I started 'trying' at #7241 Where I wanted to go choo choo on mastina. Now let me ask you. Why? Why does scum me start trying at that time to push mastina. It's not like anyone wanted to lynch me. The max number of votes at the time was 2. So pop quiz! Why does scum maria do this? Anyone who scumreads me should be able to answer this since your read is so well thought out. If you can't take a look in the mirror and go 'Am I being stupid?'

I don't mind valid scumreads on me. In fact, it's super fun to engage with them. But when I hear I'm scum for 'trying' that's the most bs thing I've ever heard
pedit: I've made it openly clear that I'm only taking the fruit so no one elses uses it. I'm not gonna use the fruit so scum don't get anything. Unless that's not how it works and I'm mistaken. Your reaction is overblown calm your ass down.
Hey Pine wanna clarify for me? <3
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #8460 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:53 am

Post by Pine »

I would like to remind everyone that there is a mechanic by which I may secretly distribute fruit if you don’t play ball with me. I have not fully explained this mechanic. It was just specifically designed to discourage, resist, counter, or prevent entirely attempts to leash fruit-bargaining. Play the game as intended, or I have a “nuclear” option.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Jingle
Jingle
Ring a Bell?
Jingle
Ring a Bell?
Ring a Bell?

Post Post #8461 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:54 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 8447, mastina wrote:
In post 8284, Pine wrote:Nah I can’t find the FF=Vig post. His ISO has too much in it, and it was spotted in our Discord thread, which I’m not spending my entire lunch break sifting.
Hey JINGLE:
Is it legal for me to post a screenshot of what discord channels I have access to?

Important question number one to the mod.
No. Screenshots are explicitly included in the provable quotations rule.
This is a Parachute.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8462 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:54 am

Post by popsofctown »

MariaR if you get watcher fruit you should use it. I felt no side effects and neither did you.

It'd be bastard for this copy of watcher fruit to work differently. It's the same image.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #8463 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:56 am

Post by Titus »

MariaR, the scumreads aren't on you for trying. They're for the bullshit vapid posts you've been putting up. Lynch mastina because she's scum. She's scum bc Krazy's town. Why is Krazy town bc mastina's scum. Circle jerk.

What are your reads?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #8464 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:56 am

Post by Pine »

No fruit for Maria. I bargain in good faith, and expect the same.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #8465 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:57 am

Post by Pine »

In post 8462, popsofctown wrote:MariaR if you get watcher fruit you should use it. I felt no side effects and neither did you.

It'd be bastard for this copy of watcher fruit to work differently. It's the same image.
Copies of fruit are identical.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #8466 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:58 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 8462, popsofctown wrote:MariaR if you get watcher fruit you should use it. I felt no side effects and neither did you.

No, but that doesn't mean scum got nothing from it. For example maybe whoever you watch is roleblocked that'd make a lot of sense. Or other things etc
pedit: You haven't disproved any of the points I brought up. You also know the bases of my logic isn't 'Mastina is scum because Krazy is town' and vice versa. So stop trying to dumb down my posts and prove why they're wrong instead of this.
Pedit 2: Lub you too Pine!
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8467 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:59 am

Post by Menalque »

If my reaction is overblown it’s because there’s been a reasonable strategy for approaching the fruit unless we’re deeply misunderstanding how it works but people keep INSTANTLY asking for it

I don’t see how that’s towny. Even if it’s not outright leashed, there should be discussion about it.
mastina
mastina
She
False Prophet
mastina
She
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #8468 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 8456, Bingle wrote:
In post 8450, mastina wrote:

Hey JINGLE:

I can confirm that scum may bargain for fruit.
I cannot confirm or deny any other portion of the post. ~Jingle
In the post Pine said scum may ALSO bargain for fruit. Does this mean "the scum can use five 1x powers and ALSO bargain for fruit"?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #8469 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:00 pm

Post by the worst »

Might I cordially invite you to negotiate the terms upon which I might receive a piece of fruit, o great pine?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8470 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:01 pm

Post by Menalque »

Like if there’s one thing I’ve had an issue with all game it’s been the insta-grabs for fruit?

If you actually wanna work with me then why would you do the one thing that I’ve been pissed off about people doing since D1 and which is radically gonna undermine my trust in you?

Like why should I believe that you’re not gonna use it? Why should I believe that you’re not scum claiming you saw something false?
mastina
mastina
She
False Prophet
mastina
She
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #8471 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:01 pm

Post by mastina »

(This may take me a while to get the right wording to break through but dammit it IS possible, Pine DID give us a big help there with that wording and while it was careful it wasn't careful enough and I am going to keep prodding and poking Jingle until I get the information I am after because Pine's slipup in wording IS exploitable.)
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #8472 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by Titus »

I bargain for one fruit today, if it was already being planned to be offered today, Pine's choice but he has to tell me what fruit I am bargaining for.

I offer a post restriction.

@Melanque, I understand. I'm going to see what Pine's reply to this is. If I was here at the start, I might have the same sentiment. But I think we need information here.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #8473 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by MariaR »

You do know everytime I've asked Pine says no because he knows I won't offer anything good right? Even after that mechs are put into place so we can't leash or do anything about it. What do you think scum me just goes for it without thinking of reactions?
God you guys have such basic thinking sometimes that it hurts to try and understand you.
pedit: Because Mena you've been a non factor in the game to me and I don't remember you ever saying 'I hate insta grabs on fruit' and even if I did see that I still would've gone for it because that's such a dumb thing to hate of all things. If that stops you from 'working with others' then you really need to fix your priorities
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
mastina
mastina
She
False Prophet
mastina
She
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #8474 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:03 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 8460, Pine wrote:I would like to remind everyone that there is a mechanic by which I may secretly distribute fruit if you don’t play ball with me. I have not fully explained this mechanic. It was just specifically designed to discourage, resist, counter, or prevent entirely attempts to leash fruit-bargaining. Play the game as intended, or I have a “nuclear” option.
That may be so, but what I'm doing isn't leashing the fruit; it's something else altogether.