votecount 2.3

Note: Unchanged from votecount 2.2

Egix96
(2): faüstiv, Geyde
Draynth
(1): eth0s

Not Voting
(4): Spangled, Jamelia, Egix96, Draynth

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to reach a majority.

Deadline is in (expired on 2019-10-08 12:24:00)
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:30 am

Post by Jamelia »

In post 649, Errantparabola wrote:acough . cough. ACHOO
wheeze !!! achk gouch owch hkkk!!!

A HUAH
bless you
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:10 pm

Post by eth0s »

With this day having gone on for 4.5 days now I think the fact that there's 4 people not voting is very odd. And I am somewhat inclined to believe the scumteam may both be apart of those 4...
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:11 pm

Post by eth0s »

Like we are halfway into the phase and 4/7 players haven't voted yet. That's weird, right?
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by Spangled »

I think my townread on Geyde is more solid now, even if I disagree with some of his analysis. In some ways I don’t like his tone, but I think the way in which I don’t like his tone makes him more town, if that makes sense?
I’m quite liking Jam’s tone so far, just scrolling through his ISO and stopping at points — it’s actually all quite good.
I’m starting to paranoia about eth0s, but the last time I did that about a universal town read, they
were
town and it gave scum material to build off of to get them lynched in LyLo. I don’t think this is scum, but eth0s: can I see your most recent scumgame?

So that kinda narrows it down to faüstiv, egix and draynth, doesn’t it?
I’m going to do some ISOing here.
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:25 pm

Post by Jamelia »

In post 653, eth0s wrote:Like we are halfway into the phase and 4/7 players haven't voted yet. That's weird, right?
The information that will direct my vote isn’t strong enough to make anyone as a definitive scum read for me. There are a few questions left unanswered that im waiting to see responses for
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 7:38 pm

Post by faüstiv »

In post 652, eth0s wrote:With this day having gone on for 4.5 days now I think the fact that there's 4 people not voting is very odd. And I am somewhat inclined to believe the scumteam may both be apart of those 4...
I agree with this and think the discussion has gotten quite stale.

No one townreads Egix right? Let’s get him to L1 and see what he has to say.
Egix96
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:31 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 652, eth0s wrote:With this day having gone on for 4.5 days now I think the fact that there's 4 people not voting is very odd. And I am somewhat inclined to believe the scumteam may both be apart of those 4...
In post 653, eth0s wrote:Like we are halfway into the phase and 4/7 players haven't voted yet. That's weird, right?
Might just be from people holding their votes to see how their scumreads act or something, idk.

VOTE: faustiv

I still think he's the most likely scum here. I could've just gone ahead and voted him much sooner but oh well.
Egix96
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:49 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 654, Spangled wrote:I think my townread on Geyde is more solid now, even if I disagree with some of his analysis. In some ways I don’t like his tone, but I think the way in which I don’t like his tone makes him more town, if that makes sense?
I’m quite liking Jam’s tone so far, just scrolling through his ISO and stopping at points — it’s actually all quite good.
I’m starting to paranoia about eth0s, but the last time I did that about a universal town read, they
were
town and it gave scum material to build off of to get them lynched in LyLo. I don’t think this is scum, but eth0s: can I see your most recent scumgame?

I still think Geyde is town. Could you quote any specific posts where you didn't like his tone?

As for Jam, there are actually a few posts of theirs where I remember not liking their tone. I'll see if I can find them. But apart from that, I agree that they are likely town, all things considered.

Also I'll admit I'm slightly paranoid about eth0s as well, but that's mainly because of Airan and how scummy he seemed to be. I'm just kinda hoping that we don't have another alien->Auro (from Newb1893) on our hands.

So yeah if I had to guess the exact scumteam right now it would be faust/draynth.
Egix96
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:41 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 161, Jamelia wrote: As for Spam, although I do think that they have tunnel vision on me, I don’t believe their questioning and analysis is necessarily scummy. I’d like to give them the benefit of the doubt that they’re at least analyzing a lot of the game and have set their sets on one specific thing. I think that Spam would help us more if he focused on others just as much as he focused on me, but I digress.
Last sentence feels a bit deflectional?
In post 223, Jamelia wrote:So we’re at a L-2 on Aidan with Faustiv/Spam jumping on this rather quickly. Just an FYI before people continue voting.

I’d like to hear what Aidan has to say before we get to a L-1. I agree with what you’re saying but I don’t feel as strong of a scum read on Aidan as I do Faustiv at the moment. Especially after Faustiv switching his vote onto Aidan and then automatically talking about “oh I could have jumped on the other bandwagons but I jumped on THIS one, which is not scummy.”

With that being said I’d be fine with an Aidan lynch if his response is inadequate.
In post 225, Jamelia wrote:
In post 224, faüstiv wrote:Jamellia why are you ok with an Airan lynch if I’m on the bandwagon? I’m one of your scumreads and I am advocating this lynch. Do you think me and Airan are a team?
I am ok with it if I believe that the response Airan gives is inadequate and scummy. I already said I don’t agree with the idea of Aidan being scum, but people expose themselves when the pressure is on, especially new players (from what I saw in my last game).

If that’s the case, then I may be wrong about you. For now, you’re still my main scumread which is why my
vote hasn’t changed off of you.
Beginning of first quote has a running commentary sort of tone which feels out of place.
Second quote feels like trying to walk back from an awkward position (first sentence in last paragraph especially).
In post 318, Jamelia wrote:Hi eth0s! Great analysis so far, except of course when you say you would have voted for me! :P
Part after comma feels strange, but the emote implies it's not entirely serious so... idrk.
In post 401, Jamelia wrote:
In post 388, NotMySpamAccount wrote:UNVOTE: oh thank goodness someone is actually playing in the slot now and that's a good catchup. Airan scummed it up enough that I'm def still suspicious, but we're not lynching there today. Also, huh I'm not usually at L-1 d1, I might actually have to put in some effort.
If you put in this same effort as you’re doing right now, maybe you wouldn’t be in a L-1 situation? Can you please explain to me why you haven’t put in effort until now?
Tone here feels unnecessarily aggressive.
In post 453, Jamelia wrote:When is the deadline? If we don’t have a lynch by then, does it just go to the person with the most votes?
Not a tone thing per se, but I feel that the "no maj = no lynch" rule is something you likely would have remembered from your first Newbie game (iirc it's quite hard to miss in the rules) so this doesn't really feel like a genuine derp.

Whew that took a while. That only goes as far as EoD1 (it's a pretty big iso). Now I gotta eat and stuff. Bye for now.
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:03 am

Post by Jamelia »

In post 659, Egix96 wrote:
In post 161, Jamelia wrote: As for Spam, although I do think that they have tunnel vision on me, I don’t believe their questioning and analysis is necessarily scummy. I’d like to give them the benefit of the doubt that they’re at least analyzing a lot of the game and have set their sets on one specific thing. I think that Spam would help us more if he focused on others just as much as he focused on me, but I digress.
In post 223, Jamelia wrote:So we’re at a L-2 on Aidan with Faustiv/Spam jumping on this rather quickly. Just an FYI before people continue voting.

I’d like to hear what Aidan has to say before we get to a L-1. I agree with what you’re saying but I don’t feel as strong of a scum read on Aidan as I do Faustiv at the moment. Especially after Faustiv switching his vote onto Aidan and then automatically talking about “oh I could have jumped on the other bandwagons but I jumped on THIS one, which is not scummy.”

With that being said I’d be fine with an Aidan lynch if his response is inadequate.
In post 224, faüstiv wrote:Jamellia why are you ok with an Airan lynch if I’m on the bandwagon? I’m one of your scumreads and I am advocating this lynch. Do you think me and Airan are a team?
I am ok with it if I believe that the response Airan gives is inadequate and scummy. I already said I don’t agree with the idea of Aidan being scum, but people expose themselves when the pressure is on, especially new players (from what I saw in my last game).

If that’s the case, then I may be wrong about you. For now, you’re still my main scumread which is why my
Beginning of first quote has a running commentary sort of tone which feels out of place.
Second quote feels like trying to walk back from an awkward position (first sentence in last paragraph especially).
In post 318, Jamelia wrote:Hi eth0s! Great analysis so far, except of course when you say you would have voted for me! :P
Part after comma feels strange, but the emote implies it's not entirely serious so... idrk.
In post 388, NotMySpamAccount wrote:UNVOTE: oh thank goodness someone is actually playing in the slot now and that's a good catchup. Airan scummed it up enough that I'm def still suspicious, but we're not lynching there today. Also, huh I'm not usually at L-1 d1, I might actually have to put in some effort.
If you put in this same effort as you’re doing right now, maybe you wouldn’t be in a L-1 situation? Can you please explain to me why you haven’t put in effort until now?
In post 453, Jamelia wrote:When is the deadline? If we don’t have a lynch by then, does it just go to the person with the most votes?
Not a tone thing per se, but I feel that the "no maj = no lynch" rule is something you likely would have remembered from your first Newbie game (iirc it's quite hard to miss in the rules) so this doesn't really feel like a genuine derp.

Whew that took a while. That only goes as far as EoD1 (it's a pretty big iso). Now I gotta eat and stuff. Bye for now.
I'll address all of this more indepth if you need me to, but most of those have already been explained already.

The last one was an actual question I had because that situation never came up in my first game and I couldn't find that information on my own.
Geyde
Geyde
Goon
Geyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:56 am

Post by Geyde »

Comment on 318 takes a stance then backtrack on it in the same sentence.
He spends most of this ISO just shading Jam, and a majority of his comments rely on surmission (C161, C223/225, C401). He's not directly engaging with the logic of Jam's posts, rather dancing around actual analysis while throwing conjecture.
C453 and C223/225 show some semblance of a thought process, but for the latter there's no grounding to what he's saying. He doesn't say why it feels out of place, nor why the second quote walks back on the first.
Geyde
Geyde
Goon
Geyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:59 am

Post by Geyde »

I don't see any world in which Faustiv/Egix team is a thing since they've been shading each other for most of today
They could have deflected onto Draynth when that was a very viable push in order to avoid an unnecessary SvS.
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:24 am

Post by Jamelia »

In post 662, Geyde wrote:I don't see any world in which Faustiv/Egix team is a thing since they've been shading each other for most of today
They could have deflected onto Draynth when that was a very viable push in order to avoid an unnecessary SvS.
This assumes that one of them are scum to begin with.

I want to see where this leads.

VOTE: Spangled
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:30 am

Post by Jamelia »

In post 654, Spangled wrote:I think my townread on Geyde is more solid now, even if I disagree with some of his analysis. In some ways I don’t like his tone, but I think the way in which I don’t like his tone makes him more town, if that makes sense?
were

I just don't see anything added to the conversation here. This analysis was added once people (including myself) started to question why Spangled wasn't particularly active. This read specifically just screams "yes I agree but I have nothing to add so don't come to me for my opinion!".

As someone who was working so hard D1 but pretty much disappeared D2, I question why that is...
Egix96
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:07 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 661, Geyde wrote:
Spoiler:

Comment on 318 takes a stance then backtrack on it in the same sentence.
He spends most of this ISO just shading Jam, and a majority of his comments rely on surmission (C161, C223/225, C401). He's not directly engaging with the logic of Jam's posts, rather dancing around actual analysis while throwing conjecture.
C453 and C223/225 show some semblance of a thought process, but for the latter there's no grounding to what he's saying. He doesn't say why it feels out of place, nor why the second quote walks back on the first.
The reason why the beginning of #223 feels out of place is because it reads like something a commentator would say rather than someone actually playing the game, and that same sort of tone wasn't being used elsewhere.

As for the walking back, it at first seemed to me like Jamelia was considering moving to Airan, but after being called out by faustiv, they (Jam) felt the need to stay put. Admittedly, looking at it again now, I might have misunderstood the intent from trying to read too fast (I didn't have much time to put that quote wall together), from what I now understand, Jam was actually justifying their position there rather than backpedalling. So yeah :oops:
Egix96
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:11 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 660, Jamelia wrote:The last one was an actual question I had because that situation never came up in my first game and I couldn't find that information on my own.
Understandable if it didn't occur before
It's just that I remember reading all the OPs in the Newbie games when I first joined and seeing that lynching required majority
Maybe they've changed all the boilerplate text since then idk, too lazy to check rn
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:27 am

Post by faüstiv »

There were three key BW's day one.

Spangled: Egix96, Geyde
NMSA: Geyde, Dryanth, eth0s, UrVeggieM8, Egix96, eth0s
Airan: Spangled, faustiv, NMSA, Egix96

All three BW's were opportunistic in hindsight and Egix was on all three BW's. If you read his ISO, Egix seems very keen to jump on each lynch, in particular the latter two ones. The Spangled vote could have been opportunistic in itself as I stated my FOS on him in post 71 (his vote came in post 75) but I think that's a bit of a reach.

Post 217 is him agreeing with Spangled on Airan. In between voting for Spangled and this post, Egix never announced a townread on him, in fact in post 143 it looks like he's throwing shade on the slot. There was only one other post between 143 and 217 from Egix. This post (178) doesn't look great either but I will cover that later. 286 is him using Spangled's analysis to justify his vote on Airan. Again he has never signalled a townread on this slot. Why is Egix sheeping a player who he voted for in post 75? This is strange to me.

Post 375 then sees him townreading Airan's replacement eth0s because 'he put effort in', then he signalled intent to hammer on NMSA. Granted he did throw shade on NMSA previously but I found the reasoning behind his scumreads pretty flimsy and lacking in detail. This vote was confirmed in 451. This townread is weak and I didn't like it. It seems like Egix realised that a lynch on the slot was unrealistic so jumped onto a player that had a significant BW forming on them and on a player that, admittedly, didn't give up much of a fight on his lynch.

The point I want to make is this. Both Airan and NMSA's BW's formulated pretty quickly to a point where they were in L! situations. For this reason I am going to mark eth0s as town since the BW speed on his predecessor was the same as NMSA's. Egix is a player who, at best, is a nullread and at worst a scumread. I don't think Egix has ever been townread this entire game, yet there seems to be a resistance on this lynch and a resistance to put him at L1.

The other point I want to make are his analysis posts. They read as really flimsy and 'half assed'. This is Post 178:
My prior thoughts on him still apply, but with two additions:
a) I find it selective that he applies the 'too many exclamation marks' tell to Jam, but not to Veggie (ofc this is a small digression that I made in my thoughts on Veg, but I was going through the ISO of each player in alphabetical order so it was initially missed)
b) I find it disappointing that he has made only two posts since I made my wall, both of which are simply him giving advice to other players.
- makes a point then mitigates it, noting it as a digression. This is scummy as scum don't like to ruffle feathers and commit to reads so early on the game (this can also be seen in Post 75 where he townshades players but also provides reasons why they might not be town). They remain passive until reads formulate from other town members so they can sheep them accordingly.

445 eth0s asks Egix if he wants to join him on my wagon. Egix says he will catch up and think about it. Post 451 he votes NMSA. Note that this vote put NMSA on L1. Where was the catching up and thinking? What happened to that? Admittedly yes, he did throw shade on NMSA but I think the reasoning provided was weak, and definitely appear to be substantive enough to warrant putting that slot into L1 based on the posts Egix has made.

637 he is questioning Geyde for locktowning two players. Attacking townreads is a scumtell.

Analysis in 659 is flimsy, contradictory
and makes very little sense. Honestly it's reachy. He does say that he TR's Jamelia so I don't get why he made that post.

So yes, to sum it up, Egix has:

- Jumped on two bandwagons and started a BW on a player that was previously FOSsed
- Agreed with the player he voted that someone else was scum without stating that he tr that player
- TR the player's replacement because he was 'trying' then votes for another player that had a BW forming on him
- Says he will consider sheeping eth0s' BW on me then 8 posts later votes for a different player, putting them into L1
- Offers weak and reachy analysis that is contradictory in parts
- Has a BW on him that has resistance, despite being townread by nobody in the entire game

Surely this is scum?
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:16 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 667, faüstiv wrote:The point I want to make is this. Both Airan and NMSA's BW's formulated pretty quickly to a point where they were in L! situations. For this reason I am going to mark eth0s as town
since the BW speed on his predecessor was the same as NMSA's
. Egix is a player who, at best, is a nullread and at worst a scumread. I don't think Egix has ever been townread this entire game, yet there seems to be a resistance on this lynch and a resistance to put him at L1.
I disagree with the bolded but I like the analysis comparison to the egix wagon, it's a good point

VOTE: Egix96

That's L-1. Please don't hammer without first claiming intent to do so.
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:18 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 657, Egix96 wrote: VOTE: faustiv

I still think he's the most likely scum here. I could've just gone ahead and voted him much sooner but oh well.
Why is faustiv the most likely scum here?
What exactly are you scumreading him for?
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:19 am

Post by Draynth »

Also
@Mod

Thank you for the deadline extension

Egix96
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:30 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 669, Draynth wrote:
In post 657, Egix96 wrote: VOTE: faustiv

Why is faustiv the most likely scum here?
What exactly are you scumreading him for?
My thoughts in still apply
Geyde
Geyde
Goon
Geyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:33 am

Post by Geyde »

[unv][/unv]

Draynth's vote turns the game upside down imo
Geyde
Geyde
Goon
Geyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:34 am

Post by Geyde »

UNVOTE: Egix96
fixed
Geyde
Geyde
Goon
Geyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:40 am

Post by Geyde »

Draynth's vote makes absolutely no sense if he's scum with Egix because of points I've already brought up regarding endgaming
The only other person who could realistically be on the same team as Egix would be Spangled because all of his other interactions have been poor

I still think Egix is probably scum, but I really want to look at interactions before making judgements