.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8525 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Are you really trying to out-semantic the mod?

p-edit

@mastina
<(") | (")>
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #8526 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:44 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

<(") | (")>
mastina
mastina
She
False Prophet
mastina
She
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She

Post Post #8527 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:45 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 8518, Dannflor wrote:the pushes on maria seem dumb
If someone wants to outline specifically what her scum agenda is and how she's pushing it instead of saying "she's playing with an agenda" then please do
I don't consider "having an agenda" a scum tell, particularly for players like her
Btw won't be around and I have BOATLOADS that I want to respond to. Everything in thread needs me to address it since last week pretty much. But for now, placeholder;
I need to review players like Dannflor to see if any of them are deepscum defending other deepscum while saying otherwise town things.
Can explain why when I have free time.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #8528 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:06 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 8469, the worst wrote:Might I cordially invite you to negotiate the terms upon which I might receive a piece of fruit, o great pine?
That isn't the correct syntax to open negotiations. Also, you are ineligible for fruit today.
In post 8472, Titus wrote:
I bargain for one fruit today, if it was already being planned to be offered today, Pine's choice but he has to tell me what fruit I am bargaining for.

I offer a post restriction.

@Melanque, I understand. I'm going to see what Pine's reply to this is. If I was here at the start, I might have the same sentiment. But I think we need information here.
Try again, without being quite so wishy-washy.
In post 8492, Pink Ball wrote:@Pine you didn't have problems the first time Ali leashed the fruit bargains, why are you being so adamant to it now? You're trying to leash it yourself by only offering fruit for the low posters.
I've reiterated my position *every* time leashing has been discussed. And I can't leash myself...I'm leashing YOU.
In post 8522, Dannflor wrote:Also Menalque is 100% right about leashing the fruit

we have all the bargaining power

Pine can withhold fruit if he wants to but I have a feeling he doesn't REALLY want to

We can leash the fruit to the best of our ability and he'll have no choice but to withhold or play into our hands

He can bitch about the spirit of the trade or whatever but ultimately it will be better for us
Honestly if you people start being bitches about it, I can be a right bastard too. The mechanic isn't as simple as "give all fruit to scum lolol" - it has rules and conditions. But I will abuse the shit out of those rules, and stop playing nicely.

My point is and has ALWAYS been - play the game as intended. If you want a fruit, bargain for it. I'm not going to jerk you around beyond a rather genteel interpretation of my role as a scum treestump. I've not yet demanded anything onerous or embarrassing, and frankly have been rather restrained.

If you think you can wrest more power than an even footing, you are sorely mistaken. I can and will take my ball and go home before I cede one of the central mechanics of this game.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Jingle
Jingle
Ring a Bell?
Jingle
Ring a Bell?
Ring a Bell?

Post Post #8529 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:09 pm

Post by Jingle »

To save some time:

"Scum may also bargain for fruit, as per usual." can be interpreted as: Scum may bargain for fruit, as per usual, in addition to town being able to bargain for fruit.

I cannot speak as to whether any other part of the post in question is true, as there is a way for the part of the post in question that addresses fruit mechanics to be true regardless of the veracity of the rest of the post.
This is a Parachute.
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8530 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 8528, Pine wrote: Don't leash
Pine, real talk, kind of out of gamish

I want to be polite and play your game the way you'd like

like gentleman's agreements on top of rules, sure, if you asked for a gentleman's agreement that no one should claim at L-1 I'd be like sure whatever it's an invitational

But when this game has a weird mechanic, and it's confirmed you know about it, and none of us can fully understand the mechanic, and how it works, and then you threaten to break it to punish us, but won't say exactly how

Like I just feel bad like I don't know if I'm ruining your invitational because you didn't actually leashproof the fruit as much as you hoped and leashing it is ruining your birthday party or like it's actually unleashable

how about I explain this
They once did a sociology experiment
Where previously if you picked your kid up from daycare 45 minutes late
Nothing happened
They tried instituting a fine of 1$
All the moms began picking up their kids from daycare almost immediately
Because even though there's a "penalty" there's no guilt
People like Dannflor are wanting to pick up their kid from daycare for 1$
Or an undisclosed fine
I'm not sure you have a fine
Like if MariaR is right for all we know if you give the fruit to scum that just removes the risk we eat it and the grapes vanillerize someone and this time it's not already-vanilla MariaR
I kind of feel like a bitch for leashing the mechanic day one though
When I am already one of the hyperposters you have already been complaining about and I'm messing up your invitational that way too
It's making me more stressed out that you're walking this vague line between gentleman's agreements and using undisclosed gameplay to counter what I see as optimal play for my team
I don't know what to ask you to do I just want you to know it's stressing me out ok
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
Dannflor
he/him
White Knight
White Knight
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #8531 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 3:22 pm

Post by Dannflor »

In post 8524, the worst wrote:the fact i stated the reads and you queried it by directly asking if i was getting paranoid strikes me as a leading question dude
okay

it was more because this was the third (or fourth?) time you've questioned your read specifically on me and I think others

We've had problems with paranoia in the past, or at least I have in Undertale, so that's why I phrased it like that

I realize why it was leading now, wasn't intentional
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Bigender (He/She)

Post Post #8532 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:06 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Who should I town read qnd why other than SS
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #8533 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:06 pm

Post by the worst »

me, I'm obvtown
popsofctown
popsofctown
Survivor
popsofctown
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8534 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:13 pm

Post by popsofctown »

S_S do you still townread me?

More importantly

Can you come up with a way to contribute to this game?

We need help.

This game needs help.

And I think a big factor in play is that Pine has drafted people who can sculpt the dialogue.

So I know you have a naturally quiet voice but your voice could really help

I townread MariaR enough that I wish she wasn't going to lurk to avoid upsetting Pine and started spamposting that'd be just as good
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8535 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 8533, the worst wrote:me, I'm obvtown
No.
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #8536 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:22 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 8535, Gamma Emerald wrote:
No.
why not?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #8537 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:23 pm

Post by MariaR »

Titus I want you to go to post 8459 and debunk that for me. That’s the one thing I want. Not a reads list I really don’t care about reads lists right now. Just go debunk or make a decent post about it. That is all I ask.
In post 8496, popsofctown wrote:MariaR is going to be thrilled that PP being a heavy scumread is worth a word of summary, and her being a max scumread is worth zero.
In post 8502, popsofctown wrote:MariaR doesn't really like giving player by player readslists, I've never seen her do it.

The "deal" she offered seems fair if you really want her to do one. Spoiler a mega post that actually sifts through her iso and analyzes what her goals are.
I adore you so much pops thank you.

Mena trying to policy lynch me is fair because I did the same to him when he was being anti town and annoying before so I can’t be mad.
In post 8513, Alisae wrote:the worst is significantly more townier then he was D3
I'm not sure if I should feel more sure of myself or more paranoid because of it.
What are you seeing that I’m not?
In post 8532, Gamma Emerald wrote:Who should I town read qnd why other than SS
How much of the game have you read? Be honest
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8538 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:33 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 8537, MariaR wrote:Titus I want you to go to post 8459 and debunk that for me. That’s the one thing I want. Not a reads list I really don’t care about reads lists right now. Just go debunk or make a decent post about it. That is all I ask.
In post 8496, popsofctown wrote:MariaR is going to be thrilled that PP being a heavy scumread is worth a word of summary, and her being a max scumread is worth zero.
In post 8502, popsofctown wrote:MariaR doesn't really like giving player by player readslists, I've never seen her do it.

The "deal" she offered seems fair if you really want her to do one. Spoiler a mega post that actually sifts through her iso and analyzes what her goals are.
I adore you so much pops thank you.

Mena trying to policy lynch me is fair because I did the same to him when he was being anti town and annoying before so I can’t be mad.
In post 8513, Alisae wrote:the worst is significantly more townier then he was D3
I'm not sure if I should feel more sure of myself or more paranoid because of it.
What are you seeing that I’m not?
In post 8532, Gamma Emerald wrote:Who should I town read qnd why other than SS
How much of the game have you read? Be honest
A little of Day 1 and Day 3 is all I've made effort to read

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Jingle
Jingle
Ring a Bell?
Jingle
Ring a Bell?
Ring a Bell?

Post Post #8539 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:36 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 4.2
Flavor

With 16 alive it is 9 to Lynch or 8 to No Lynch!

MariaR (3): , , ,
the worst (2): , ,
mastina (2): , ,
Krazy (1): ,
popsofctown (0):
Something_Smart (0):
Menalque (0):
Titus (0):
Firebringer (0):
Gamma Emerald (0):
PenguinPower (0):
GreyICE (0):
Iconeum (0):
Pink Ball (0):
Dannflor (0):
Katsuki (0):

Not Voting (8): Gamma Emerald, Something_Smart, PenguinPower, Iconeum, Pink Ball, GreyICE, Dannflor, Krazy

Alisae endorses:

Deadline: Day 3 will end after 10 days, on October 13th. This is in (expired on 2019-10-13 13:00:00).

Pine is offering a Watcher fruit. MariaR is bargaining for it.
This is a Parachute.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He

Post Post #8540 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:40 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 8534, popsofctown wrote:S_S do you still townread me?
ehhh

sorta? I definitely don't feel like lynching you in the next few days.
More importantly

Can you come up with a way to contribute to this game?
idk. aside from being a shitshow in the first few days, I'm starting to get the feeling that this game is devastatingly scumsided. And I really have no reads left after methodologically doubting everything, and I really don't think I can read most of the players here (ironically chennisden was one of the few players here I can read but he just couldn't be arsed to actually play).
Shame on a martyr claiming friends
From either perspective of &
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #8541 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 8459, MariaR wrote:The scumreads on me are stupid. No one has given reason why I'm scum besides the fact. 'Maria started trying' A) Anyone who has played a game with me and guess what every one of you have. Knows that the levels of effort I put in the game are the most NAI thing in history. B) None of your basic ass people even did the most logical thing.
No. My scumread is because you refuse to give any substantiated reads or a read wall. This post reeks of more whining despite me giving you a way out showing how simple a basic readwall is.
Let's say you scumread me for trying let's look at the post I started 'trying' at #7241 Where I wanted to go choo choo on mastina. Now let me ask you. Why? Why does scum me start trying at that time to push mastina. It's not like anyone wanted to lynch me. The max number of votes at the time was 2. So pop quiz! Why does scum maria do this? Anyone who scumreads me should be able to answer this since your read is so well thought out. If you can't take a look in the mirror and go 'Am I being stupid?'
Because mastina's a bodyguard and scum benefit? Second, the opposing wagon was on scum probably too. Krazy was being counterwagoned. You tried PP but had a conversation in the scum PT about mastina. Somehow you felt you were never getting lynched despite refusing to follow basic fucking requests. Maybe...it's because you're scum.
I don't mind valid scumreads on me. In fact, it's super fun to engage with them. But when I hear I'm scum for 'trying' that's the most bs thing I've ever heard
pedit: I've made it openly clear that I'm only taking the fruit so no one elses uses it. I'm not gonna use the fruit so scum don't get anything. Unless that's not how it works and I'm mistaken. Your reaction is overblown calm your ass down.
Hey Pine wanna clarify for me? <3
:left:

Blahnik blahnik lies

If you're taking it so no one else gets it, you wait until EoD.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #8542 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:11 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 8534, popsofctown wrote:We need help.

This game needs help.

And I think a big factor in play is that Pine has drafted people who can sculpt the dialogue.
No. It's just town refuse to fucking compromise and work with townreads.

Then there's a shit ton of lurkers which is the only thing we might lynch without a ton of in fighting.

I am pretty transparent. If your name isn't in my top 4, I'd lynch you push comes to shove.

We have to stop waiting for perfect and start playing.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Friend, Enemies, and That Other Person is now in signups. Click here to sign up.

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #8543 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:12 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 8536, the worst wrote:
No.
why not?
gamma my man this is earnest
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8544 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

SS do you have any confident town reads
FYI if this game weren't so special I would have replaced out by now, but I feel obligated to do my best.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8545 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:13 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 8543, the worst wrote:
In post 8536, the worst wrote:
No.
why not?
gamma my man this is earnest
This from you with this tone doesnt feel right

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #8546 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:15 pm

Post by the worst »

why? i'm surprised that you're struggling to engage with me and i was very surprised you ignored my q in 8536
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Bigender (He/She)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8547 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:19 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm super fucking stuck in terms of getting onto MS freely, what I'm currently doing to post here is a massive breach of rules at the house
So I'may kinda fucking erratic rn

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #8548 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:21 pm

Post by the worst »

we can talk about it later
oog are you ok?
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #8549 (ISO) » Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:23 pm

Post by Titus »

Ok Gamma's vla.

OOG: Those of you who can, check out the general discussion thread, Panic in Baton Rouge. I'm in no situation to help Varsoona out, but maybe y'all are.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy