Draynth
(1): eth0s
faüstiv
(1): Egix96
Spangled
(1): Jamelia

Not Voting
(2): Spangled, Geyde

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to reach a majority.

Deadline is in (expired on 2019-10-08 12:24:00)
Last edited by Errantparabola on Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Geyde
Geyde
Goon
Geyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:42 am

Post by Geyde »

In post 566, Egix96 wrote:
In post 557, Jamelia wrote:I think you've been asked for this before Egix, and you still haven't done so yet. Where do you think people lean at this point?
Right now I'm thinking something like

Town:
Spangled
Geyde

?? (Need to look at when I get the chance)
Jam
Draynth
eth0s

Scum:
faust
In post 556, Egix96 wrote:
In post 550, faüstiv wrote:So you think I am scum. Why?
Not only for your previous post, but also:

- Scumreading Spangled for being passive when you yourself were being passive
- You jumping from Geyde to Airan which felt opportunistic (to me it reads as you moving to an easier target)
- WK-ing NMSA seemingly out of nowhere when your only mentions of him prior were a) stating that you had him as "Null leaning scum" in your readslist, and b) mentioning that his interactions with Jamelia seemed to be coming from an uninformed viewpoint.
- vvv
In post 422, faüstiv wrote:
In post 400, Draynth wrote:Faustiv, you mentioned that you don't like those on NMSA's wagon
who other than eth0s do you think is scum out of {Draynth, Geyde, Veggie}
Not sure. All you and Egix are at least scumleans at the moment. I’d also add Egix to that, but his alignment would be more clear based on what eth0s flips.
Okay, so I get that from your perspective there's a scum between me and eth0s. But you're going after me now, not because of eth0s dying and flipping town, but because you've seemingly suddenly decided that he's town based on little more than a self-meta trust tell. Just... what.
In post 286, Egix96 wrote:
In post 285, UrVeggieM8 wrote:
@Egix
Just wanted to draw attention to where you say your initial read on Airan is pretty similar to Spangled's current one except that you didn't feel as strongly about it. You then said in that you're really starting to feel swayed now. What was it about Airan's posts that didn't sway you before?
When I first ISOed Airan, it was obvious to me from reading their posts that they were very likely a first-time player. Because the general air (pun not intended) of their posting reminded me of 1890 Egix, it did make me think 'first-time scum?' but I couldn't feel too strongly about it because a) self-projection, and b) their posting could quite easily have come from first-time town as well.
Spangled's case on Airan was a vital second opinion -
this isn't just a first-time player, this IS first-game scum.
And of course I found it compelling.
In post 281, UrVeggieM8 wrote:
In post 275, Geyde wrote:I want to say DADV given that thread has been both completely warped and died since the push on Airan started. If Airan were to be scum, then why isn't there any pressure being put on CFDs?
NMSA had a particularly shitty progression in 221 completely shifting his mind despite not showing any drop in confidence in scum!Jam, but that hasn't been expanded upon beyond a token comment by Draynth. Even then, there hasn't been any movement in thread toward pushing that further.
This might be clouded by Airan's activity completely dropping off the map, but I think the wagon on Airan is entirely impure
What does DADV and CFDs stand for?
DADV = Dead Air, Dead Villager, i.e. if no one is actively trying to change the direction of the game, it could be a sign that the person currently on the chopping block is town.
CFD = Chinese (Crazy) Fire Drill/Call for Decision, basically it's when someone who wasn't previously being voted suddenly gets voted and it snowballs from there (something which may occur if someone senses DADV, but usually close to Day deadline).
In post 217, Egix96 wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 204, Spangled wrote:
In post 15, Airan303 wrote:I’m not accusing anyone, but spam seemed eager to Lynch veggie, after someone had already voted to lynch veggie.
In post 24, Airan303 wrote:I find it scummy because instead of voting for anyone else to check reactions, he voted for someone who had already been voted for.

I am not saying spam is a scum, or that you should vote for him. I am just saying that what he did was scummy
In post 49, Airan303 wrote:
faüstiv wrote:
In post 36, UrVeggieM8 wrote:VOTE: faustiv

Sorry, reposting because I voted the incorrect way before!
Why are you voting me?
This might be because you seem (through no fault of your own) a bit of a lurker.
In post 197, Airan303 wrote:Yeah, I think that spam has got tunnel vision. Not sure if this makes him scum...
Ew ew ew. I want to... crawl away from my computer and wash my hands; it reminds me of my first game (which was as scum) and that's some serious PTSD right there; I don't want to be reminded of that game ever again.

'I’m not accusing anyone'
'I am not saying spam is a scum, or that you should vote for him. I am just saying that what he did was scummy'
'might be because you seem (through no fault of your own) a bit of a lurker'
'Not sure if this makes him scum...'

Conciliation coupled with opinions without thoughts or even...
bite
(if I can put it like that); a
point
behind them.
Throwing shade but retracting it in the same post; observations without
anything
behind or following from them. This is newbscum. VOTE: Airan303
In post 213, Spangled wrote:Before this moment, I hadn’t realised that I’ve actually had experience in the newbie queue that can help me in other games. I’m afraid that this may well go to my head :D

But as to Airan — they’re not automatically scum, but I think that they are likely to be scum far above rand. So... in my experience, newbies have many different tones, but I think the most easily discernible is ‘my first game is a scum game’. Because forum mafia is an entirely new experience to many, you get thrown into the deep end on your first game — especially those who roll scum.

And the core of sorting people in mafia is really looking at the worldviews behind people’s posts — scum’s job (and thus worldview) is starkly different to town; their main priority is to stay alive, not drawing attention to themselves. This is especially apparent when you haven’t played any towngames; in a scumgame after you’ve played town, your main job is to mimic the style of your towngames.

But in a scumgame with no previous experience, you can’t do that, and don’t have any experience solving, sorting, etc. — the classic town behaviours. And so they don’t do them — where less-newb-scum might at least try to solve and sort and ‘be townie’ generally, true newbscum literally cannot do this; they don’t know how.

So you lay low; you try not to draw attention to yourself — or offend anyone. Thus, the conciliatory and just-made-accusation-withdrawing nature of their posts — they want to do what everyone else is doing that others are calling townie — air opinions, really — but without making anyone look twice at them.

This is what Airan is doing.

And I don’t think Airan is actually analysing anything; they’re agreeing with other things and giving irrelevant opinions — ‘oh, they probably RVS voted you because you are (through no fault of your own) a lurker’. There’s no analysis there.

If this wall — this absolute dissertation on first-game-scum — above does not convince you — which I’m sorry for, by the way, but once the steam train got going there was no stopping it — I’m afraid you’ll have to take my word for it as someone who randed their first game as scum.

Of course, if Airan’s next few posts make them obvtown, or all of the SEs disagree vehemently with this case, or Airan flips green, I reserve the right to say that I was actually talking of hypotheticals :D

This is really starting to sway me now.
Airan, do you have anything to say in response to all of this?
In post 143, Egix96 wrote:
In post 92, Spangled wrote:@Egix
If 66 is not the best question asked so far, what is, in your opinion?
I also don’t really see how it is self-contradictory to say that I don’t think this person should be called scum for doing so-and-so, but that I’ll think a bit about it. You will notice that I did exactly that — I looked over their entrance in their previous game.
- Really I'm not sure. It's hard to say what makes one particular question better than another. I wasn't really meaning to imply that I thought there was something better than 66, just that I felt it was overrated.
- It's just that the two parts of your post that I bolded seemed to send separate messages - "I don't think I can scumread Jamelia for that" versus "I will consider voting them".
In post 75, Egix96 wrote:
In post 63, Geyde wrote:@Egix96 where's your head at in regards to the thread?
I don't see real solving from your posts
In my opinion, the game hasn't really yet progressed far enough for me to form any solid reads yet, but based on some ISO-reading:

Airan - They remind me a bit of how I was in my first-ever game (Newbie 1890), in that they seem... well, actually I'm not sure how to put it in words. Maybe it's because, like me, they started their first game with a scum rand, but I don't really feel strongly about that. I'm aware that Jamelia "love[d] that [they were] being 'paranoid'" but to me, is a good example of what I'm talking about here.

Draynth - Not really seeing much in the way of alignment-indicative stuff from him yet. Most of his play so far has simply involved asking questions (also his 'quick tip' in ) so I would consider him the de facto IC of this game (the Newbie game kind, when those were still a thing).

faustiv - I would like to see more from them first.

Geyde - I think that is a +town observation, though it remains to be seen whether I will end up agreeing with it or not.

Jamelia - Probably not scum with Airan based on first sentence of . I can imagine the rest of that post being said from one scum to another, but not the first bit, I think that would just be way too corny ;)
Individually though, not yet sure what to make of him.

NMSA - feels a little bit reachy imo, but I guess that that can be at least partially justified by it being that early in the game. Nothing else from him pings me though.

Spangled - - "...but
I don’t think I can call [Jamelia] scum over it.
I am not willing to put my vote there just yet, but
I will consider it.
" Seems non-committal and maybe self-contradictory?

Veggie - I notice that, like Jamelia, they also end a lot of their sentences with exclamation marks - how has Spam not picked up on that? But I digress.
I will admit is not a bad post, but I wouldn't say that it's "the best question asked so far" as Spangled put it... and Airan agreeing with that is... eh? But again I digress.

So with all that said,

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Spangled
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:20 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 664, Jamelia wrote:
In post 654, Spangled wrote:I think my townread on Geyde is more solid now, even if I disagree with some of his analysis. In some ways I don’t like his tone, but I think the way in which I don’t like his tone makes him more town, if that makes sense?
I’m quite liking Jam’s tone so far, just scrolling through his ISO and stopping at points — it’s actually all quite good.
I’m starting to paranoia about eth0s, but the last time I did that about a universal town read, they
were
town and it gave scum material to build off of to get them lynched in LyLo. I don’t think this is scum, but eth0s: can I see your most recent scumgame?

So that kinda narrows it down to faüstiv, egix and draynth, doesn’t it?

I’m going to do some ISOing here.
I just don't see anything added to the conversation here. This analysis was added once people (including myself) started to question why Spangled wasn't particularly active. This read specifically just screams "yes I agree but I have nothing to add so don't come to me for my opinion!".

As someone who was working so hard D1 but pretty much disappeared D2, I question why that is...
Some questions here: one, why do you assume — not so much in the above post, but certainly in others — that I have faded into the background intentionally? That has not been, and never will be, my intention in a game. I’d love to be more active than I have been, and you’ll have to believe me when I say that other stuff’s been going on, including, but not limited to,
another game going into LyLo
. Have you been in LyLo before, having lynched two mislynchbait already and having only scum active besides yourself? I can tell you, it takes a lot out of you.

Second, why do you assume that I have nothing to add? I said right after the bolded that I would build off of what I had said in that post. And I will. Right now, I do not have time. But I will, and we do; there are 3 and a half days to go. It’ll be right. My V/LA, stupidly undeclared, ends tomorrow anyway.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:24 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 658, Egix96 wrote:
In post 654, Spangled wrote:I think my townread on Geyde is more solid now, even if I disagree with some of his analysis.
In some ways I don’t like his tone, but I think the way in which I don’t like his tone makes him more town
, if that makes sense?
I’m quite liking Jam’s tone so far, just scrolling through his ISO and stopping at points — it’s actually all quite good.
I’m starting to paranoia about eth0s, but the last time I did that about a universal town read, they
were
town and it gave scum material to build off of to get them lynched in LyLo. I don’t think this is scum, but eth0s: can I see your most recent scumgame?

I still think Geyde is town. Could you quote any specific posts where you didn't like his tone?

As for Jam, there are actually a few posts of theirs where I remember not liking their tone. I'll see if I can find them. But apart from that, I agree that they are likely town, all things considered.

Also I'll admit I'm slightly paranoid about eth0s as well, but that's mainly because of Airan and how scummy he seemed to be. I'm just kinda hoping that we don't have another alien->Auro (from Newb1893) on our hands.

So yeah if I had to guess the exact scumteam right now it would be faust/draynth.
I’m worried that you didn’t read my post very thoroughly. See the bolded above.
But generally, what I have not liked about his tone is his confidence and willingness — and perhaps attempt — to take control of the situation generally and push their reads as truth. But I think that all of that, — which has also been less harsh than I’ve made it sound, perhaps — especially in the way in which he has done it, makes him more likely to be town, aye.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 674, Geyde wrote:Draynth's vote makes absolutely no sense if he's scum with Egix because of points I've already brought up regarding endgaming
The only other person who could realistically be on the same team as Egix would be Spangled because all of his other interactions have been poor

I still think Egix is probably scum, but I really want to look at interactions before making judgements
Scum can, and do, bus, especially if they’re sure their partner’s going down. Draynth’s vote does not immediately rule out those two being scumbuddies.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Spangled »

In post 659, Egix96 wrote:"no maj = no lynch"
Doesn’t that make lynching anyone really hard?
I would think that to string up a wizard would take a considerable amount of effort.
Egix96
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:21 pm

Post by Egix96 »

Spoiler:
In post 678, Spangled wrote:
In post 658, Egix96 wrote:
In post 654, Spangled wrote:I think my townread on Geyde is more solid now, even if I disagree with some of his analysis.
In some ways I don’t like his tone, but I think the way in which I don’t like his tone makes him more town
, if that makes sense?
were

I still think Geyde is town. Could you quote any specific posts where you didn't like his tone?

As for Jam, there are actually a few posts of theirs where I remember not liking their tone. I'll see if I can find them. But apart from that, I agree that they are likely town, all things considered.

Also I'll admit I'm slightly paranoid about eth0s as well, but that's mainly because of Airan and how scummy he seemed to be. I'm just kinda hoping that we don't have another alien->Auro (from Newb1893) on our hands.

So yeah if I had to guess the exact scumteam right now it would be faust/draynth.
I’m worried that you didn’t read my post very thoroughly. See the bolded above.
But generally, what I have not liked about his tone is his confidence and willingness — and perhaps attempt — to take control of the situation generally and push their reads as truth. But I think that all of that, — which has also been less harsh than I’ve made it sound, perhaps — especially in the way in which he has done it, makes him more likely to be town, aye.

Ah I getcha. It seems that we have different interpretations of what 'tone' is ;)
In post 680, Spangled wrote:
In post 659, Egix96 wrote:"no maj = no lynch"
Doesn’t that make lynching anyone really hard?
I would think that to string up a wizard would take a considerable amount of effort.
:lol:
It took me a while to get it because I pronounce maj as 'madge', ha.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:22 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 668, Draynth wrote:
In post 667, faüstiv wrote:The point I want to make is this. Both Airan and NMSA's BW's formulated pretty quickly to a point where they were in L! situations. For this reason I am going to mark eth0s as town
since the BW speed on his predecessor was the same as NMSA's
. Egix is a player who, at best, is a nullread and at worst a scumread. I don't think Egix has ever been townread this entire game, yet there seems to be a resistance on this lynch and a resistance to put him at L1.
I disagree with the bolded
how? my wagon went up even faster
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:25 am

Post by eth0s »

Also I'm sorry for disappearing guys. Forgot to announce V/LA as I am out of town at funeral services. I will be back within the next 30 hours or so.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:01 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 682, eth0s wrote:
In post 668, Draynth wrote:
In post 667, faüstiv wrote:The point I want to make is this. Both Airan and NMSA's BW's formulated pretty quickly to a point where they were in L! situations. For this reason I am going to mark eth0s as town
since the BW speed on his predecessor was the same as NMSA's
. Egix is a player who, at best, is a nullread and at worst a scumread. I don't think Egix has ever been townread this entire game, yet there seems to be a resistance on this lynch and a resistance to put him at L1.
I disagree with the bolded
how? my wagon went up even faster
That's what I mean
The NMSA wagon wasn't nearly as fast as the airan/eth0s slot wagon formed
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:08 am

Post by Jamelia »

In post 677, Spangled wrote:
In post 664, Jamelia wrote:
In post 654, Spangled wrote:I think my townread on Geyde is more solid now, even if I disagree with some of his analysis. In some ways I don’t like his tone, but I think the way in which I don’t like his tone makes him more town, if that makes sense?
were

I just don't see anything added to the conversation here. This analysis was added once people (including myself) started to question why Spangled wasn't particularly active. This read specifically just screams "yes I agree but I have nothing to add so don't come to me for my opinion!".

As someone who was working so hard D1 but pretty much disappeared D2, I question why that is...
Some questions here: one, why do you assume — not so much in the above post, but certainly in others — that I have faded into the background intentionally? That has not been, and never will be, my intention in a game. I’d love to be more active than I have been, and you’ll have to believe me when I say that other stuff’s been going on, including, but not limited to,
another game going into LyLo
. Have you been in LyLo before, having lynched two mislynchbait already and having only scum active besides yourself? I can tell you, it takes a lot out of you.

Second, why do you assume that I have nothing to add? I said right after the bolded that I would build off of what I had said in that post. And I will. Right now, I do not have time. But I will, and we do; there are 3 and a half days to go. It’ll be right. My V/LA, stupidly undeclared, ends tomorrow anyway.
Some questions here: one, why do you assume — not so much in the above post, but certainly in others — that I have faded into the background intentionally?

Because like you say later in the quote, you didn't declare a V/LA. The explanation could be as simple as that and I wouldn't have felt this way. I just want to look at everything and everyone holistically in order to make sure we are making the best decision.

Have you been in LyLo before, having lynched two mislynchbait already and having only scum active besides yourself?

No, I haven't. I've only played one game before this one, so I am still learning. I am sure that was extremely difficult and I understand why you'd put a lot of effort into that.

Second, why do you assume that I have nothing to add?

I didn't assume you had nothing to add, I've said that the content you have given since your Aiden/eth0s analysis has been lackluster and doesn't really help us. That's not a dig, and to your own admission - you haven't been here much to help. Whether it's intentional or not.

My V/LA, stupidly undeclared, ends tomorrow anyway.

That's great. You had some pretty great analysis D1 and I can't wait to see how you feel about this game now that you've taken a step away and can come back with a fresh mind. :)
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:42 am

Post by Jamelia »

In post 667, faüstiv wrote:There were three key BW's day one.

Spangled: Egix96, Geyde
NMSA: Geyde, Dryanth, eth0s, UrVeggieM8, Egix96, eth0s
Airan: Spangled, faustiv, NMSA, Egix96

All three BW's were opportunistic in hindsight and Egix was on all three BW's. If you read his ISO, Egix seems very keen to jump on each lynch, in particular the latter two ones. The Spangled vote could have been opportunistic in itself as I stated my FOS on him in post 71 (his vote came in post 75) but I think that's a bit of a reach.

Post 217 is him agreeing with Spangled on Airan. In between voting for Spangled and this post, Egix never announced a townread on him, in fact in post 143 it looks like he's throwing shade on the slot. There was only one other post between 143 and 217 from Egix. This post (178) doesn't look great either but I will cover that later. 286 is him using Spangled's analysis to justify his vote on Airan.
Again he has never signalled a townread on this slot. Why is Egix sheeping a player who he voted for in post 75? This is strange to me.

Post 375 then sees him townreading Airan's replacement eth0s because 'he put effort in', then he signalled intent to hammer on NMSA. Granted he did throw shade on NMSA previously but I found the reasoning behind his scumreads pretty flimsy and lacking in detail. This vote was confirmed in 451. This townread is weak and I didn't like it. It seems like Egix realised that a lynch on the slot was unrealistic so jumped onto a player that had a significant BW forming on them and on a player that, admittedly, didn't give up much of a fight on his lynch.

The point I want to make is this. Both Airan and NMSA's BW's formulated pretty quickly to a point where they were in L! situations.
For this reason I am going to mark eth0s as town since the BW speed on his predecessor was the same as NMSA's.
Egix is a player who, at best, is a nullread and at worst a scumread. I don't think Egix has ever been townread this entire game, yet there seems to be a resistance on this lynch and a resistance to put him at L1.

The other point I want to make are his analysis posts. They read as really flimsy and 'half assed'. This is Post 178:
My prior thoughts on him still apply, but with two additions:
a) I find it selective that he applies the 'too many exclamation marks' tell to Jam, but not to Veggie (ofc this is a small digression that I made in my thoughts on Veg, but I was going through the ISO of each player in alphabetical order so it was initially missed)
b) I find it disappointing that he has made only two posts since I made my wall, both of which are simply him giving advice to other players.
- makes a point then mitigates it, noting it as a digression. This is scummy as scum don't like to ruffle feathers and commit to reads so early on the game (this can also be seen in Post 75 where he townshades players but also provides reasons why they might not be town).
They remain passive until reads formulate from other town members so they can sheep them accordingly.

445 eth0s asks Egix if he wants to join him on my wagon. Egix says he will catch up and think about it. Post 451 he votes NMSA. Note that this vote put NMSA on L1. Where was the catching up and thinking? What happened to that? Admittedly yes, he did throw shade on NMSA but I think the reasoning provided was weak, and definitely appear to be substantive enough to warrant putting that slot into L1 based on the posts Egix has made.

637 he is questioning Geyde for locktowning two players. Attacking townreads is a scumtell.

Analysis in 659 is flimsy, contradictory
Part after comma feels strange, but the emote implies it's not entirely serious so... idrk.
and makes very little sense. Honestly it's reachy.
He does say that he TR's Jamelia so I don't get why he made that post.

So yes, to sum it up, Egix has:

- Jumped on two bandwagons and started a BW on a player that was previously FOSsed
- Agreed with the player he voted that someone else was scum without stating that he tr that player
- TR the player's replacement because he was 'trying' then votes for another player that had a BW forming on him
- Says he will consider sheeping eth0s' BW on me then 8 posts later votes for a different player, putting them into L1
- Offers weak and reachy analysis that is contradictory in parts
- Has a BW on him that has resistance, despite being townread by nobody in the entire game

Surely this is scum?
This post makes a lot of sense actually (sorry, just reading all of these now). I bolded a few things I agree with.

I also bolded the statement entailing: "For this reason I am going to mark eth0s as town since the BW speed on his predecessor was the same as NMSA's.". I agree that the BW on eth0s was pretty strong, the reasoning for it wasn't because of eth0s, it was because of Aidan. Spangled made some great points about Aidan's "scummy" posting. Up until that point, we really didn't have any strong scumleads. So I wouldn't put that BW in the same BW as NMSA's.

Overall I definitely agree with this analysis and I think it's clear from Egix's explanations + the overall assumption that Egix is scum that I am willing to put this in an L1 situation,
BUT
I want to hear Spangled's analysis and see were that leads us.

UNVOTE: Spangled
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:45 am

Post by Jamelia »

- You jumping from Geyde to Airan which felt opportunistic (to me it reads as you moving to an easier target)
I found this post to be interesting looking back. Egix, if you find that faustiv is being scummy due to the targets they have, how do you feel about me? I am scumreading Spangled for the same reasons as faustiv, atm. Does that make me scum?

Also, you said that Faustiv jumped from Geyde to Airan. But you jumped to Airan, then to NMSA during D1. Do you think that jumping on bandwagons make people scummy? If so, how does faustiv's or anyone else's case of this different than yours?
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:47 am

Post by Jamelia »

In post 647, Jamelia wrote:
In post 632, Draynth wrote:
In post 629, eth0s wrote:I hope everything is okay with the hurricane draynth.

I have some objections to the logic in your spam posts I am going to get to later
Thank you.
It seemed to lose a lot of it's power (Is this how you describe a hurricane? I've no idea) overnight so it wasn't as bad as anticipated. Just going to be a lot of rain tonight.
In post 630, Jamelia wrote: Which brings me to Spangled.

I know Spangled has been a main town read for quite a while now, but I simply don't understand how someone who gave such an elaborate analysis at the beginning, really tried helping us, and then was very confident about the eth0s/aidan scum vote not being an active part of today's voting sequence. Ever since we decided that eth0s wasn't the way to go, Spangled as stayed relatively silent.

So, Spangled - I'd love to know where you are in this game at the moment, especially since you have been characterized as the "main town sided" player since pretty much the beginning.
This is actually something that I had noticed but never really came to the front of my mind to share
What did you notice about Spangled before that made you concerned?
Dyranth, can I get an answer to this question? You may have missed it but I'd like to hear how you feel about Spangled still.
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Jamelia »

In post 683, eth0s wrote:Also I'm sorry for disappearing guys. Forgot to announce V/LA as I am out of town at funeral services. I will be back within the next 30 hours or so.
eth0s, I hope everything is alright. When you get back and see this, can you explain how you feel currently as well? You went from being in the main spotlight early D2 to virtually no one looking at you as an option besides Dyranth, and your vote is still on him.

Do you think that Dyranth is still a stronger scum lead than Egix? If so, do you think we take a risk and lynch Dyranth over Egix in hopes of "content" (as was your logic in lynching NMSA over faustiv in D1, assuming that lynching NMSA would give us more info than a faustiv lynch)? Or do we go for the "easy looking" lynch right now in Egix?

---

Sorry y'all for the spam wall. Just trying to catch up and fill in the gaps in my brain
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:06 am

Post by faüstiv »

In post 674, Geyde wrote:Draynth's vote makes absolutely no sense if he's scum with Egix because of points I've already brought up regarding endgaming
The only other person who could realistically be on the same team as Egix would be Spangled because all of his other interactions have been poor

I still think Egix is probably scum, but I really want to look at interactions before making judgements
I disagree with this.

If Egix/Dryanth are the team then Dryanth bussing here makes sense to gain him some towncred. There's no investigating roles left so there's no ramifications for mafia to bus here; in fact I'd argue it would be the optimal play considering no one townreads Egix.
Draynth
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Draynth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 6:52 am

Post by Draynth »

In post 688, Jamelia wrote:
In post 647, Jamelia wrote:
In post 632, Draynth wrote:
In post 629, eth0s wrote:I hope everything is okay with the hurricane draynth.

I have some objections to the logic in your spam posts I am going to get to later
Thank you.
It seemed to lose a lot of it's power (Is this how you describe a hurricane? I've no idea) overnight so it wasn't as bad as anticipated. Just going to be a lot of rain tonight.
In post 630, Jamelia wrote: Which brings me to Spangled.

I know Spangled has been a main town read for quite a while now, but I simply don't understand how someone who gave such an elaborate analysis at the beginning, really tried helping us, and then was very confident about the eth0s/aidan scum vote not being an active part of today's voting sequence. Ever since we decided that eth0s wasn't the way to go, Spangled as stayed relatively silent.

So, Spangled - I'd love to know where you are in this game at the moment, especially since you have been characterized as the "main town sided" player since pretty much the beginning.
This is actually something that I had noticed but never really came to the front of my mind to share
What did you notice about Spangled before that made you concerned?
Dyranth, can I get an answer to this question? You may have missed it but I'd like to hear how you feel about Spangled still.
Sorry. I saw it but forgot to reply to it.
I meant I had noticed the general dip in activity / posting compared to day 1 rather than anything specific
"just got my hands in cooking! feel free to give me suggestions. So far completed: noodle in soup, noodle stuffed clam over noodle, red white and bluedle american noodle, hot brown noodle"

Brand New, Improved, Totally Awesome GTKAS
Egix96
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:01 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 687, Jamelia wrote:

I found this post to be interesting looking back. Egix, if you find that faustiv is being scummy due to the targets they have, how do you feel about me? I am scumreading Spangled for the same reasons as faustiv, atm. Does that make me scum?

Also, you said that Faustiv jumped from Geyde to Airan. But you jumped to Airan, then to NMSA during D1. Do you think that jumping on bandwagons make people scummy? If so, how does faustiv's or anyone else's case of this different than yours?
- The difference is that you haven't been being passive like faustiv was in the early game - you've actually been really active this game, so coming from you it's not hypocritical.

- Jumping on a wagon is scummy if it's done without a clear sense of progression (e.g. voting someone you had previously been tr-ing all game). When faustiv voted Airan D1 (or at least attempted to) it just seemed to me to have come out of nowhere, like he just suddenly decided to push there. Now I will admit to my own hypocrisy on this matter, but in my defence, a) I had been leaning scum on NMSA prior to me declaring intent on him, and b) I could not in good faith continue to push on the Airan slot post-replacement, because my impression of eth0s's catchup/readslist posts was they were too well-made to have come from scum.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:16 pm

Post by faüstiv »

In post 692, Egix96 wrote:

- The difference is that you haven't been being passive like faustiv was in the early game - you've actually been really active this game, so coming from you it's not hypocritical.

- Jumping on a wagon is scummy if it's done without a clear sense of progression (e.g. voting someone you had previously been tr-ing all game). When faustiv voted Airan D1 (or at least attempted to) it just seemed to me to have come out of nowhere, like he just suddenly decided to push there. Now I will admit to my own hypocrisy on this matter, but in my defence, a) I had been leaning scum on NMSA prior to me declaring intent on him, and b) I could not in good faith continue to push on the Airan slot post-replacement, because my impression of eth0s's catchup/readslist posts was they were too well-made to have come from scum.
Your jump from Spangled to Airan doesn't strike me as a 'clear sense of progression', especially since Spangled was your vote before switching to Airan and there were no indications from yourself about townreading Spangled. You also said in 217 that Spangled's post was 'starting to sway you', then in 218, criticise me for jumping on this vote for being opportunistic.

For context, Spangled's case on Airan came in post 213. Your post about Spangled's case swaying you in voting in that direction came in 217. I'd like to know why you sheeped the player you voted for in 75 because to me, your vote reads as opportunistic. For clarification, your reasoning for voting Spangled in 75:
Spangled - 61 - "...but I don’t think I can call [Jamelia] scum over it. I am not willing to put my vote there just yet, but I will consider it." Seems non-committal and maybe self-contradictory?
Fair enough, your progression on NMSA does seem a little more structured, but I still believe that it was, along with your other votes, opportunistic. I already did a dive on this in post 667.
Spangled
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Spangled
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:27 pm

Post by Spangled »

Spoiler: Egix’s readslist in post 75
In post 75, Egix96 wrote:
In post 63, Geyde wrote:@Egix96 where's your head at in regards to the thread?
I don't see real solving from your posts
In my opinion, the game hasn't really yet progressed far enough for me to form any solid reads yet, but based on some ISO-reading:

Airan - They remind me a bit of how I was in my first-ever game (Newbie 1890), in that they seem... well, actually I'm not sure how to put it in words. Maybe it's because, like me, they started their first game with a scum rand, but I don't really feel strongly about that. I'm aware that Jamelia "love[d] that [they were] being 'paranoid'" but to me, is a good example of what I'm talking about here.

Draynth - Not really seeing much in the way of alignment-indicative stuff from him yet. Most of his play so far has simply involved asking questions (also his 'quick tip' in ) so I would consider him the de facto IC of this game (the Newbie game kind, when those were still a thing).

faustiv - I would like to see more from them first.

Geyde - I think that is a +town observation, though it remains to be seen whether I will end up agreeing with it or not.

Jamelia - Probably not scum with Airan based on first sentence of . I can imagine the rest of that post being said from one scum to another, but not the first bit, I think that would just be way too corny ;)
Individually though, not yet sure what to make of him.

NMSA - feels a little bit reachy imo, but I guess that that can be at least partially justified by it being that early in the game. Nothing else from him pings me though.

Spangled - - "...but
I don’t think I can call [Jamelia] scum over it.
I am not willing to put my vote there just yet, but
I will consider it.
" Seems non-committal and maybe self-contradictory?

Veggie - I notice that, like Jamelia, they also end a lot of their sentences with exclamation marks - how has Spam not picked up on that? But I digress.
I will admit is not a bad post, but I wouldn't say that it's "the best question asked so far" as Spangled put it... and Airan agreeing with that is... eh? But again I digress.

So with all that said,

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Spangled

I find it funny that there’s a comment, one way or another, on almost all players in this post, but he draws few conclusions about any almost any person’s alignment. He says Airan reminds him of his first game, but doesn’t follow up on that. Doesn’t really actually say
anything
about Draynth. As town, why wouldn’t he just take a look at all of that, but especially that last sentence, and delete it. It doesn’t add anything, so why post it?
Just calls Geyde’s observation is +town, doesn’t follow up on it. Doesn’t draw any
conclusions
Doesn’t know what to make of Jam ‘individually’, implies that NMSA’s post on Jam ‘pinged’ him but excuses it because of how early it is in the game.
All in all, there’s lots of comments, but while they say a good deal — and some more than they need to — they never really draw any really
solid
conclusions about alignments here. So why did they make this post? Well, because of Draynth’s pressure on them to do some ‘gamesolving’; this post, ultimately nothing, is a deflection of pressure, almost purely.

You may say that their stance on me above contradicts how I say that he draws few conclusions about alignment. That is true, but it doesn’t excuse the rest of the post. In fact, it perhaps furthers the idea of him as scum; not only is it a good early ‘push’ to make on someone that looks towny — which as Draynth can bear witness to, I’ve done as scum — but he jumps straight off it onto Airan. He never gives reasoning for walking back his read on me, and only in fact explicitly does that in .

While all of this may seem a little reachy, and based upon analysis of only one post, I actually think it gives good reasons by itself to consider Egix to potentially be scum. And that’s discounting faüstiv’s reasoning, which is actually quite good too. I’m comfortable putting this on
L-1

VOTE: Egix96

If this flips town I might have to reconsider eth0s though. I also think that if this flips scum I can say that faüstiv’s probably town.
Sorry, also, for not doing analysis of all of our lynchpool’s ISOs, but I got on one subject, and couldn’t stop myself :D
I’ll do some stuff around that maybe later.
Egix96
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:06 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 693, faüstiv wrote:
In post 692, Egix96 wrote:

Your jump from Spangled to Airan doesn't strike me as a 'clear sense of progression', especially since Spangled was your vote before switching to Airan and there were no indications from yourself about townreading Spangled. You also said in 217 that Spangled's post was 'starting to sway you', then in 218, criticise me for jumping on this vote for being opportunistic.

For context, Spangled's case on Airan came in post 213. Your post about Spangled's case swaying you in voting in that direction came in 217. I'd like to know why you sheeped the player you voted for in 75 because to me, your vote reads as opportunistic. For clarification, your reasoning for voting Spangled in 75:
Spangled - 61 - "...but I don’t think I can call [Jamelia] scum over it. I am not willing to put my vote there just yet, but I will consider it." Seems non-committal and maybe self-contradictory?
Fair enough, your progression on NMSA does seem a little more structured, but I still believe that it was, along with your other votes, opportunistic. I already did a dive on this in post 667.
Yes I am aware that what I did was hypocritical, I already admitted it and there's no need to keep hammering on about it.

The reason why I chose to follow Spangled on Airan was because I found his case to be very solid and to me it simply didn't read like scum pushing for a mislynch. I know that might sound superficial but I really have no better reason than that.
Egix96
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Egix96
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:08 am

Post by Egix96 »

Also why do people keep thinking it was Draynth to asked me to make that post :(
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:46 am

Post by eth0s »

Oh God my tinfoil is telling me this is going to flip town
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:47 am

Post by eth0s »

I'll be home in a few hours and can actually sit at a computer and analyze this thing. Dont hammer yet.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:09 am

Post by eth0s »

In post 694, Spangled wrote:If this flips town I might have to reconsider eth0s though. I also think that if this flips scum I can say that faüstiv’s probably town.
VOTE: spangled