eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:39 pm

Post by eth0s »

@faustiv
In post 667, faüstiv wrote:Egix is a player who, at best, is a nullread and at worst a scumread. I don't think Egix has ever been townread this entire game, yet there seems to be a resistance on this lynch and a resistance to put him at L1.
what do you see as resistance on the lynch? I feel as though there hasn't been much at all. Please answer this and
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:45 pm

Post by eth0s »

VOTE: faustiv
This is L-1

Would be pretty great if the last few days had some more content rather than half of the players just letting the deadline creep up without even putting their $.02 in. But half of the playerlist isn't scum. So unfortunately this looks to be mostly an issue of people just not caring.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:50 pm

Post by eth0s »

nmsa had concerns about me and faustiv during twilight that should probably be considered by people too.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 12:56 pm

Post by eth0s »

If there's a doctor I think I know who it is. If there isn't then I think that person is going to fakeclaim it. I don't know how to approach this without potentially putting a doctor in the coffin so I'm just going to leave it at that.

I will say that veggie's play did not strike me at all as PR play. I don't see how anyone else would consider it to be PR play either. If I'm correct in assuming that then I think veggie would be a weird nightkill if we have a doctor. Of course more goes into a NK than hoping they are a PR but that is definitely going to be a high priority to any semi experienced player. And a lot of people in here seem to be pretty aware of things, at least at times.

What I'm saying is I think I am leaning on there not being a doctor even more than I previously was. And if I'm correct in that assessment then I also think faustiv may be a mislynch. But this line of thinking cannot take precedence over the individual scuminess of faustiv so I think I'm just going to have to take a risk here.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:04 pm

Post by eth0s »

veggie's death really fucked this game.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:21 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 338, Geyde wrote:I strongly believe that eth0s isn't a good lynch today considering their progression today reads as rushed, which makes sense given the circumstances. I don't think the slot will be easily read in terms of motivations today because of being literally the top wagon when replacing in
Tomorrow, we will have time to read them better.
In post 586, Geyde wrote:
In post 580, eth0s wrote:Geyde can you answer my question
I haven't had much time to reread, but sure
In post 585, faüstiv wrote:Geyde can you out your reads on each player?
Readslists are firmly anti-town since they cut out all progression from the game
So many people do them that I'm never bothered to interfere

If I absolutely had to, it would look something like this

Town

Spangled

Jamelia
Faustiv

Ethos

Egix
Draynth

Scum
In post 776, Geyde wrote:
In post 633, Geyde wrote:
In post 621, Draynth wrote: I'm not actively trying to convince you that eth0s is scum. I never set out to do that.
What was your goal with opening up that avenue in that case?
I'm not sure what you
actually
think about the slot
@Draynth
What do you think about Ethos's slot
I'm still not sure
So.. when are you going to be able to read me better then? I have given ample content since I replaced in.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:32 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 110, Geyde wrote:Seeing massive red flags on the Spangled push since more than a few players who aren't close to pure have expressed interest in the wagon already.
Not sure how to unvote but I'd do it if I could
In post 111, Geyde wrote:
In post 106, Jamelia wrote:
In post 105, Spangled wrote:
In post 103, Jamelia wrote:
In post 102, Draynth wrote:Also, VOTE: faustiv
Why do you feel this way? I also scum read them, but not enough to definitively vote.
So are they your top scumread? If so, why not vote? Pressure is pressure, and the more of it there is, the more it helps.
Because they haven’t responded to their already two votes against them. I’ll vote when I see how they respond to how people feel about their posts.
In post 71, faüstiv wrote:Scumreading Spangled so far.
Thread seems to be somewhat set up for a lynch on Spangled, and I don't like that since there isn't a present "counterwagon" in thread direction.
VCA dictates that all successful scum lynches will likely have a counterwagon
Ergo, this probably doesn't flip scum. Like ever
In post 774, Geyde wrote:I seriously didn't like how thread has handled Spangled today
Despite the slot not being perfect, the thread shifting that hard onto him just feels like an overreaction.
Throughout the game Geyde goes from finding spangled scummy to not scummy and vice versa a few times. When Spangled is a sole wagon it is alarming because of no counter wagon. When there is a wagon going on egix today, Geyde is concerned because people start questioning why spangled's play has shifted so violently (which can be the prelude to a counter wagon).

So the lack of a counter wagon on spangled is alarming, yet signs of spangled later BECOMING a counter wagon isn't? Even given geyde's skepticism on the slot throughout the game?
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 610, faüstiv wrote:Ok so I think the teams are:

Egix/Dryanth

or

Geyde/eth0s

Feeling the former at the moment.
How did you progress from thinking my scumpartner would be draynth to this?
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:43 pm

Post by eth0s »

I've been misrepping faustiv to a degree. That gives me pause on the wagon while I think about the severity that holds. This isn't letting him off the hook. I still want answers @faustiv as I'm still likely to vote you again as the deadline closes in in 15 hours.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:45 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 659, Egix96 wrote:
In post 161, Jamelia wrote: As for Spam, although I do think that they have tunnel vision on me, I don’t believe their questioning and analysis is necessarily scummy. I’d like to give them the benefit of the doubt that they’re at least analyzing a lot of the game and have set their sets on one specific thing. I think that Spam would help us more if he focused on others just as much as he focused on me, but I digress.
Last sentence feels a bit deflectional?
In post 223, Jamelia wrote:So we’re at a L-2 on Aidan with Faustiv/Spam jumping on this rather quickly. Just an FYI before people continue voting.

I’d like to hear what Aidan has to say before we get to a L-1. I agree with what you’re saying but I don’t feel as strong of a scum read on Aidan as I do Faustiv at the moment. Especially after Faustiv switching his vote onto Aidan and then automatically talking about “oh I could have jumped on the other bandwagons but I jumped on THIS one, which is not scummy.”

With that being said I’d be fine with an Aidan lynch if his response is inadequate.
In post 225, Jamelia wrote:
In post 224, faüstiv wrote:Jamellia why are you ok with an Airan lynch if I’m on the bandwagon? I’m one of your scumreads and I am advocating this lynch. Do you think me and Airan are a team?
I am ok with it if I believe that the response Airan gives is inadequate and scummy. I already said I don’t agree with the idea of Aidan being scum, but people expose themselves when the pressure is on, especially new players (from what I saw in my last game).

If that’s the case, then I may be wrong about you. For now, you’re still my main scumread which is why my
vote hasn’t changed off of you.
Beginning of first quote has a running commentary sort of tone which feels out of place.
Second quote feels like trying to walk back from an awkward position (first sentence in last paragraph especially).
In post 318, Jamelia wrote:Hi eth0s! Great analysis so far, except of course when you say you would have voted for me! :P
Part after comma feels strange, but the emote implies it's not entirely serious so... idrk.
In post 401, Jamelia wrote:
In post 388, NotMySpamAccount wrote:UNVOTE: oh thank goodness someone is actually playing in the slot now and that's a good catchup. Airan scummed it up enough that I'm def still suspicious, but we're not lynching there today. Also, huh I'm not usually at L-1 d1, I might actually have to put in some effort.
If you put in this same effort as you’re doing right now, maybe you wouldn’t be in a L-1 situation? Can you please explain to me why you haven’t put in effort until now?
Tone here feels unnecessarily aggressive.
In post 453, Jamelia wrote:When is the deadline? If we don’t have a lynch by then, does it just go to the person with the most votes?
Not a tone thing per se, but I feel that the "no maj = no lynch" rule is something you likely would have remembered from your first Newbie game (iirc it's quite hard to miss in the rules) so this doesn't really feel like a genuine derp.

Whew that took a while. That only goes as far as EoD1 (it's a pretty big iso). Now I gotta eat and stuff. Bye for now.
This is weak and super out of place deflection that should have pinged me harder
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:50 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 667, faüstiv wrote:There were three key BW's day one.

Spangled: Egix96, Geyde
NMSA: Geyde, Dryanth, eth0s, UrVeggieM8, Egix96, eth0s
Airan: Spangled, faustiv, NMSA, Egix96

All three BW's were opportunistic in hindsight and Egix was on all three BW's. If you read his ISO, Egix seems very keen to jump on each lynch, in particular the latter two ones. The Spangled vote could have been opportunistic in itself as I stated my FOS on him in post 71 (his vote came in post 75) but I think that's a bit of a reach.

Post 217 is him agreeing with Spangled on Airan. In between voting for Spangled and this post, Egix never announced a townread on him, in fact in post 143 it looks like he's throwing shade on the slot. There was only one other post between 143 and 217 from Egix. This post (178) doesn't look great either but I will cover that later. 286 is him using Spangled's analysis to justify his vote on Airan. Again he has never signalled a townread on this slot. Why is Egix sheeping a player who he voted for in post 75? This is strange to me.

Post 375 then sees him townreading Airan's replacement eth0s because 'he put effort in', then he signalled intent to hammer on NMSA. Granted he did throw shade on NMSA previously but I found the reasoning behind his scumreads pretty flimsy and lacking in detail. This vote was confirmed in 451. This townread is weak and I didn't like it. It seems like Egix realised that a lynch on the slot was unrealistic so jumped onto a player that had a significant BW forming on them and on a player that, admittedly, didn't give up much of a fight on his lynch.

The point I want to make is this. Both Airan and NMSA's BW's formulated pretty quickly to a point where they were in L! situations. For this reason I am going to mark eth0s as town since the BW speed on his predecessor was the same as NMSA's. Egix is a player who, at best, is a nullread and at worst a scumread. I don't think Egix has ever been townread this entire game, yet there seems to be a resistance on this lynch and a resistance to put him at L1.

The other point I want to make are his analysis posts. They read as really flimsy and 'half assed'. This is Post 178:
My prior thoughts on him still apply, but with two additions:
a) I find it selective that he applies the 'too many exclamation marks' tell to Jam, but not to Veggie (ofc this is a small digression that I made in my thoughts on Veg, but I was going through the ISO of each player in alphabetical order so it was initially missed)
b) I find it disappointing that he has made only two posts since I made my wall, both of which are simply him giving advice to other players.
- makes a point then mitigates it, noting it as a digression. This is scummy as scum don't like to ruffle feathers and commit to reads so early on the game (this can also be seen in Post 75 where he townshades players but also provides reasons why they might not be town). They remain passive until reads formulate from other town members so they can sheep them accordingly.

445 eth0s asks Egix if he wants to join him on my wagon. Egix says he will catch up and think about it. Post 451 he votes NMSA. Note that this vote put NMSA on L1. Where was the catching up and thinking? What happened to that? Admittedly yes, he did throw shade on NMSA but I think the reasoning provided was weak, and definitely appear to be substantive enough to warrant putting that slot into L1 based on the posts Egix has made.

637 he is questioning Geyde for locktowning two players. Attacking townreads is a scumtell.

Analysis in 659 is flimsy, contradictory
Part after comma feels strange, but the emote implies it's not entirely serious so... idrk.
and makes very little sense. Honestly it's reachy. He does say that he TR's Jamelia so I don't get why he made that post.

So yes, to sum it up, Egix has:

- Jumped on two bandwagons and started a BW on a player that was previously FOSsed
- Agreed with the player he voted that someone else was scum without stating that he tr that player
- TR the player's replacement because he was 'trying' then votes for another player that had a BW forming on him
- Says he will consider sheeping eth0s' BW on me then 8 posts later votes for a different player, putting them into L1
- Offers weak and reachy analysis that is contradictory in parts
- Has a BW on him that has resistance, despite being townread by nobody in the entire game

Surely this is scum?
Overall this is a really fucking good post. Another thing that should have pinged me harder. At the time of posting it, the only vote on faustiv was egix, which hardly means anything tbh. The pressure was not on Faustiv. I mean in his eyes maybe it was but it doesn't really read that way. There was no other real counter wagon going to suggest that he was defending or deflecting for someone else. He explains in depth why his scumread on me was lessened by poe and vca and how egix became a better alternative. If this was a play by scum!faustiv it was a good one but it looks pretty innocent.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:05 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 690, faüstiv wrote:
In post 674, Geyde wrote:Draynth's vote makes absolutely no sense if he's scum with Egix because of points I've already brought up regarding endgaming
The only other person who could realistically be on the same team as Egix would be Spangled because all of his other interactions have been poor

I still think Egix is probably scum, but I really want to look at interactions before making judgements
I disagree with this.

If Egix/Dryanth are the team then Dryanth bussing here makes sense to gain him some towncred. There's no investigating roles left so there's no ramifications for mafia to bus here; in fact I'd argue it would be the optimal play considering no one townreads Egix.
This is also quite true. With geyde essentially shutting down the narrative of my play being scum indicative (whether I necessarily agree with the motivation/logic behind it or not) I no longer look like a great lynch option. at this point there seems to be no promise to a faustiv wagon as egix is the only one voting for him and there is the looming threat of "easy mislynch" for anyone that votes faustiv. Add to this his stepping up in play, I think it becomes apparent that out of {eth0s, faustiv, egix} (aka the only realistic lynches of the day at this point) only egix seems really possible, other than maybe faustiv with high risk of blowback if he flips green.

Couple this logic with how draynth progresses throughout the later part of this phase and you see him slipping off of the egix wagon when the faustiv wagon actually starts to show some promise. Not having to initiate the wagon himself means a lower chance of blowback for scum!draynth and thus an opportunity to at least get one more mislynch and save egix for another day. Factor in the added bonus of easy mislynch #2 (aka me) initiating the wagon and you have yourself a pretty damn good looking chance at pulling off yet another mislynch in lylo.

Is this the scenario that scum!draynth needs to change his vote from busing scum!egix? I think so.
Does scum!draynth even bother changing wagons when he did when he could just stay on town!egix and let the game go to no lynch or still have a high chance of one of the two wagons hitting lynch by deadline? I don't think so.

Does town!draynth show much reasonable progression in changing his vote from egix to faustiv? I don't think so, but that's biased and somewhat hypocritical for me to say. So I will let you judge that based off of and .
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:08 pm

Post by Jamelia »

Writing up something now. Give me a few minutes and I'd love some response back as well.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:24 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 548, Egix96 wrote:
In post 546, faüstiv wrote:
In post 534, eth0s wrote:Self meta sucks but here's one thing I will say about myself that is true. I do not self vote as scum. If I have ever done it than that was before my return to the site a few months ago. I do, however self vote as town. Take this with a grain of salt. I shouldn't have done it here regardless. I was mad. I was actually in a horrible mood towards the end of Day 1 and that isn't much of an excuse for my bad play there but I am genuinely sorry for shitting the bed there. I've been trying to work on forcing myself not to play when I am in a bad mood, but it's a work in progress.
I want to believe this.

Anyway VOTE: Egix96
Considering that you've been tunnelling on that slot since last Monday, I highly doubt that. If you were town I would not have expected you to believe him at all.

Not to mention it makes a big change from this:
In post 525, faüstiv wrote:eth0s you better give me a good reason not to get you lynched today.
I would hardly say that self-meta is a 'good reason'.
In post 556, Egix96 wrote:
In post 550, faüstiv wrote:So you think I am scum. Why?
Not only for your previous post, but also:

- Scumreading Spangled for being passive when you yourself were being passive
- You jumping from Geyde to Airan which felt opportunistic (to me it reads as you moving to an easier target)
- WK-ing NMSA seemingly out of nowhere when your only mentions of him prior were a) stating that you had him as "Null leaning scum" in your readslist, and b) mentioning that his interactions with Jamelia seemed to be coming from an uninformed viewpoint.
- vvv
In post 422, faüstiv wrote:
In post 400, Draynth wrote:Faustiv, you mentioned that you don't like those on NMSA's wagon
who other than eth0s do you think is scum out of {Draynth, Geyde, Veggie}
Not sure. All you and Egix are at least scumleans at the moment. I’d also add Egix to that, but his alignment would be more clear based on what eth0s flips.
Okay, so I get that from your perspective there's a scum between me and eth0s. But you're going after me now, not because of eth0s dying and flipping town, but because you've seemingly suddenly decided that he's town based on little more than a self-meta trust tell. Just... what.
In post 561, Egix96 wrote:
In post 551, Geyde wrote:I did a dive on Faustiv during the night

Compare 198 and 201
If he's scum, he clearly doesn't focus on the fact that his post contradicts his earlier conclusion.
Scum being naturally more self-aware would at least be somewhat awkward about how they deal with this.
In post 198, faüstiv wrote:Reads:

Airan - Null leaning town
Draynth - Town
Egix96 - Null leaning scum
Geyde - Scum
Jamellia - Town
Spangled - Town
Veggie - Null but most probably town

VOTE: Geyde
In post 201, faüstiv wrote:His two non RVS votes were on wagons which were/are gaining momentum. I don't think either vote is genuine. I also believe that a lot of his analysis is made up and something not coming from a member of town. I don't think town would be so confident in their analysis so early on in the game.
Forgive me for possibly being dumb but I'm not seeing a contradiction here?
pushes faustiv (universally "maybe mislynch bait" player)
In post 566, Egix96 wrote:
In post 557, Jamelia wrote:I think you've been asked for this before Egix, and you still haven't done so yet. Where do you think people lean at this point?
Right now I'm thinking something like

Town:
Spangled
Geyde

?? (Need to look at when I get the chance)
Jam
Draynth
eth0s

Scum:
faust
has me (arguably of equal or greater mislynch value as faustiv) as the second closest thing to scum? Maybe the formatting doesn't mean that but at the very least he has me in null territory. I will let you form your own opinion on that.
In post 657, Egix96 wrote:
In post 652, eth0s wrote:With this day having gone on for 4.5 days now I think the fact that there's 4 people not voting is very odd. And I am somewhat inclined to believe the scumteam may both be apart of those 4...
In post 653, eth0s wrote:Like we are halfway into the phase and 4/7 players haven't voted yet. That's weird, right?
Might just be from people holding their votes to see how their scumreads act or something, idk.

I still think he's the most likely scum here. I could've just gone ahead and voted him much sooner but oh well.
votes after I point fingers at the non-voters. a pretty meh point but an honorable mention anyway.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:24 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 692, Egix96 wrote:
In post 687, Jamelia wrote:

- You jumping from Geyde to Airan which felt opportunistic (to me it reads as you moving to an easier target)
I found this post to be interesting looking back. Egix, if you find that faustiv is being scummy due to the targets they have, how do you feel about me? I am scumreading Spangled for the same reasons as faustiv, atm. Does that make me scum?

Also, you said that Faustiv jumped from Geyde to Airan. But you jumped to Airan, then to NMSA during D1. Do you think that jumping on bandwagons make people scummy? If so, how does faustiv's or anyone else's case of this different than yours?
- The difference is that you haven't been being passive like faustiv was in the early game - you've actually been really active this game, so coming from you it's not hypocritical.

- Jumping on a wagon is scummy if it's done without a clear sense of progression (e.g. voting someone you had previously been tr-ing all game). When faustiv voted Airan D1 (or at least attempted to) it just seemed to me to have come out of nowhere, like he just suddenly decided to push there. Now I will admit to my own hypocrisy on this matter, but in my defence,
a) I had been leaning scum on NMSA prior to me declaring intent on him
, and b) I could not in good faith continue to push on the Airan slot post-replacement, because my impression of eth0s's catchup/readslist posts was they were too well-made to have come from scum.
in exactly one post () did you even kind of do that and you were even prompted to say something in the first place. It's not like you were just professing your read because you thought it would be helpful for reading him/you. I won't count the part from the readlist you made on page 3 because you basically excused his behavior for earlygame anyway.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:26 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 833, eth0s wrote:I've been misrepping faustiv to a degree. That gives me pause on the wagon while I think about the severity that holds. This isn't letting him off the hook. I still want answers @faustiv as I'm still likely to vote you again as the deadline closes in in 15 hours.
well shit I meant to unvote faustiv here
UNVOTE:

And I believe this speaks for itself
VOTE: egix

This is L-1
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Jamelia »

Spoiler:
In post 548, Egix96 wrote:
In post 546, faüstiv wrote:
In post 534, eth0s wrote:Self meta sucks but here's one thing I will say about myself that is true. I do not self vote as scum. If I have ever done it than that was before my return to the site a few months ago. I do, however self vote as town. Take this with a grain of salt. I shouldn't have done it here regardless. I was mad. I was actually in a horrible mood towards the end of Day 1 and that isn't much of an excuse for my bad play there but I am genuinely sorry for shitting the bed there. I've been trying to work on forcing myself not to play when I am in a bad mood, but it's a work in progress.
I want to believe this.

Anyway VOTE: Egix96
Considering that you've been tunnelling on that slot since last Monday, I highly doubt that. If you were town I would not have expected you to believe him at all.

Not to mention it makes a big change from this:
In post 525, faüstiv wrote:eth0s you better give me a good reason not to get you lynched today.
I would hardly say that self-meta is a 'good reason'.

- WK-ing NMSA seemingly out of nowhere when your only mentions of him prior were a) stating that you had him as "Null leaning scum" in your readslist, and b) mentioning that his interactions with Jamelia seemed to be coming from an uninformed viewpoint.
- vvv
In post 422, faüstiv wrote:
In post 400, Draynth wrote:Faustiv, you mentioned that you don't like those on NMSA's wagon
who other than eth0s do you think is scum out of {Draynth, Geyde, Veggie}
Not sure. All you and Egix are at least scumleans at the moment. I’d also add Egix to that, but his alignment would be more clear based on what eth0s flips.
Okay, so I get that from your perspective there's a scum between me and eth0s. But you're going after me now, not because of eth0s dying and flipping town, but because you've seemingly suddenly decided that he's town based on little more than a self-meta trust tell. Just... what.
In post 566, Egix96 wrote:
In post 557, Jamelia wrote:I think you've been asked for this before Egix, and you still haven't done so yet. Where do you think people lean at this point?
Right now I'm thinking something like

Town:
Spangled
Geyde

?? (Need to look at when I get the chance)
Jam
Draynth
eth0s

Scum:
faust
In post 657, Egix96 wrote:
In post 652, eth0s wrote:With this day having gone on for 4.5 days now I think the fact that there's 4 people not voting is very odd. And I am somewhat inclined to believe the scumteam may both be apart of those 4...
In post 653, eth0s wrote:Like we are halfway into the phase and 4/7 players haven't voted yet. That's weird, right?
Might just be from people holding their votes to see how their scumreads act or something, idk.

I still think he's the most likely scum here. I could've just gone ahead and voted him much sooner but oh well.
In post 695, Egix96 wrote:
In post 693, faüstiv wrote:
In post 692, Egix96 wrote:
In post 687, Jamelia wrote:

I found this post to be interesting looking back. Egix, if you find that faustiv is being scummy due to the targets they have, how do you feel about me? I am scumreading Spangled for the same reasons as faustiv, atm. Does that make me scum?

Also, you said that Faustiv jumped from Geyde to Airan. But you jumped to Airan, then to NMSA during D1. Do you think that jumping on bandwagons make people scummy? If so, how does faustiv's or anyone else's case of this different than yours?
- The difference is that you haven't been being passive like faustiv was in the early game - you've actually been really active this game, so coming from you it's not hypocritical.

- Jumping on a wagon is scummy if it's done without a clear sense of progression (e.g. voting someone you had previously been tr-ing all game). When faustiv voted Airan D1 (or at least attempted to) it just seemed to me to have come out of nowhere, like he just suddenly decided to push there. Now I will admit to my own hypocrisy on this matter, but in my defence, a) I had been leaning scum on NMSA prior to me declaring intent on him, and b) I could not in good faith continue to push on the Airan slot post-replacement, because my impression of eth0s's catchup/readslist posts was they were too well-made to have come from scum.
Your jump from Spangled to Airan doesn't strike me as a 'clear sense of progression', especially since Spangled was your vote before switching to Airan and there were no indications from yourself about townreading Spangled. You also said in 217 that Spangled's post was 'starting to sway you', then in 218, criticise me for jumping on this vote for being opportunistic.

For context, Spangled's case on Airan came in post 213. Your post about Spangled's case swaying you in voting in that direction came in 217. I'd like to know why you sheeped the player you voted for in 75 because to me, your vote reads as opportunistic. For clarification, your reasoning for voting Spangled in 75:
Spangled - 61 - "...but I don’t think I can call [Jamelia] scum over it. I am not willing to put my vote there just yet, but I will consider it." Seems non-committal and maybe self-contradictory?
Fair enough, your progression on NMSA does seem a little more structured, but I still believe that it was, along with your other votes, opportunistic. I already did a dive on this in post 667.
Yes I am aware that what I did was hypocritical, I already admitted it and there's no need to keep hammering on about it.

The reason why I chose to follow Spangled on Airan was because I found his case to be very solid and to me it simply didn't read like scum pushing for a mislynch. I know that might sound superficial but I really have no better reason than that.

So I was about to start writing up the Egix/Faustiv relationship but eth0s just beat me to it. lol. I do think that Egix was implying early on that they scumread Faustiv, but it was not clear at all. I read it that way but it was absolutely not clear.

I don't agree that Egix voting for Faustiv was random, however. I think Egix has a clear path to why he felt that way because... well I felt the same way, except I actually wrote it out since D1.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by eth0s »

Can you elaborate? I don't get what you're saying exactly
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:31 pm

Post by eth0s »

And who said Egix voted for faustiv randomly?
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by Jamelia »

In post 736, Draynth wrote:
In post 733, eth0s wrote:
In post 730, Draynth wrote:A faustiv lynch bothers me in a large way because of the fact that egix has been sitting on it ever since he was wagoned
What does that mean to you exactly? I don't think I get where you're coming from
As in Egix was being wagoned, there was no counterwagon so he lazily votes faustiv (a reasonably probably mislynch candidate from a scum!Egix point of view)? It just doesn't feel townie to me
Here. I misused the word random for "lazily". I dont necessarily agree with the Egix lynch because we don't know who their partner would be. Before I was concerned about grouping people together, but if we are set on Egix, then we have to be right on who their partner is too, right? I have more ideas of a partnership that involves Faustiv, but not Egix.

I feel defensive towards Egix because we've pretty much had the same reads. I might have tunnel vision but I am not taking my vote lightly and never have, neither in this game or my first game prior to this one.

I don't want to be right, I want us to win. If we think that the Egix lynch helps us the most, then absolutely let's go for it. But I want more information before we go into the night.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by eth0s »

I don't think more info is coming. Deadline is pretty soon now. Do you not like my theory on draynth being the partner then?
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:52 pm

Post by eth0s »

Finding a partner would be nice but we don't have the luxury of time. And we can always find a partner after the flip.

In fact, he could flip green and then we don't even have to do that. Or he can flip scum and we can have a stronger basis for finding a partner since we actually KNOW he's scum at that point.

Yes, having an idea of who his partner could be is nice, and I have expressed that finding pairs is useful. I've done about all I can to find that partner so far and it leads me to draynth.

A lynch needs to happen within the next ~14 hours or it aint happening. And personally I wouldn't like to let it get much closer than it already is. Sadly everyone has been quiet AF today right at deadline which hurts town immensely.
Jamelia
Jamelia
Goon
Jamelia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:59 pm

Post by Jamelia »

In post 845, eth0s wrote:I don't think more info is coming. Deadline is pretty soon now. Do you not like my theory on draynth being the partner then?
If it's based on Egix being scum, then I don't necessarily like it. It doesn't make sense why Draynth would be willing to vote for Egix if they were partners. It was early in the wagon and it was before a faustiv vote was even considered. Obviously Draynth unvoted but I just don't know if this is a bus situation.

But that's just my opinion on a gut-feeling.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:25 pm

Post by eth0s »

Then you must also disagree with my thinking that at that point in the game only an egix lynch seemed possible? If you agree with that line of thinking then you should see that an earlyish bus would absolutely make sense to buy extra towncred if he is expecting his partner to be the only possible lynch option.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Oct 07, 2019 3:31 pm

Post by eth0s »

I mean if a scum can bus his partner and get big towncred on it for being relatively early when it looks like a pretty good chance said partner is going to be lynched, especially at this point in the game, they can easily use that towncred to get to lylo.

Especially if it's double goons and we have no doctor, there's no risk of being copped since he is dead so scum!draynth could have wanted to use the egix lynch towncred to be off the chopping block tomorrow (where it would be 4 town vs 1 scum after a NK) and therefore have a mislynch go through. It would be riskier if scum knows theres a doctor because that could prevent a NK and give town more info, while eliminating the doctor claim from scum. but at this point if scum could coast to lylo then they can fakeclaim doc there if we don't have one and that makes their chances of winning go up substantially.