NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:09 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 849, Awoo wrote:I'm starting to really sympathize with titus erratic gameplay making me feel more town towards her,
How on earth is that indicative of town?
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:14 am

Post by Awoo »

im town and look at me
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:25 am

Post by Sujimichi »

Awoo wrote:My ideas are as follows:

1. Suji - norwegianboy make sense as mafia partners, both suji and predecessor read norwegianboy as null
2. Based on how I'm feeling right now, I'm starting to really sympathize with titus erratic gameplay making me feel more town towards her,
3. Lynching norwegianboy today, even if he flips town, makes it easier to work together with my townreads on the wagon in the future, specifically day 3 where we actually get to choose a lynch,
4. because I don't want norwegianboy lynched on an odd numbered day, that would be a waste, furthermore,
5. I expect this game to go into LYLO at 7 players because I'm a pessimist, and leaving norwegianboy alive indefinitely might cause us to lose the game if he's town,
6. because this bad d1 hammer thing is never going to go away.
7. So unless menalque is right and the entire scumteam is pushing for norwegianboy's lynch,
8. which I said in my last post doesn't make sense to me,
9. nine
10. there's higher density of scum on the titus wagon,
11. uhhhh
12. yeah
  1. I've given my reason why I moved NorwegianboyEE from scum to null (specifically ). I don't see why scum would include someone who quickhammered in the nomination pool voluntarily. Though, if Titus is town I would have to drop him to a scum lean, though my preceding point would still cause me pause.
  2. I don't see why erratic game play is town indicative. Could you discuss this more?
  3. Joey is my only townread on the NorwegianboyEE wagon.
  4. Could you flesh this out a little for me. Why does lynching NorwegianboyEE on an odd day matter over an even day?
  5. If NorwegianboyEE is town, lynching him today doesn't solve your pessimism. By contrast, Titus is an experienced player who, as scum, could talk her way into a win in a LYLO situation.
  6. I agree on this point.
  7. So far, 2 out of my 3 scum reads are on the NorwegianboyEE wagon.
  8. Not a full thought
  9. Not a thought
  10. I disagree.
  11. hmmmm
  12. no
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:27 am

Post by Joey_ »

I am available to chat too
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:37 am

Post by Awoo »

In post 853, Joey_ wrote:I am available to chat too
you get what I'm talking about or nah
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:52 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 839, Awoo wrote:Hahaha. What? You think he's the intended ML today, so you want to make him the intended ML tomorrow?
only if Titus flips town, which means I am therefore likely wrong about him being the intended ML today

the only way that's wrong is if both are town which I don't think is likely

the "we have to lynch him at some point this game" argument is weak IMO. Either you think the hammer is scum-indicative or it's not. Given that he said he plays short deadline games on his other site and that he saw mutant online but not posting, I don't think the 6-7 hour period between intent/hammer is so bad that we
have
to lynch him over it - if he's town he's absolutely better alive than dead. Saying "we have to flip him at some point regardless" is a bad justification for mislynches
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:56 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 854, Awoo wrote:
In post 853, Joey_ wrote:I am available to chat too
you get what I'm talking about or nah
I don't really agree with the premisses but I agree with the conclusion so good enough for me
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:59 am

Post by Joey_ »

"IMO. Either you think the hammer is scum-indicative or it's not."

I disagree. Even if you are being ambivalent about the AI of his hammer, other slots might not be and will push their narrative on another day. The point is; it's better to flip a controversial slot -- that will stay controversial -- on a lynchpool day than on a normal lynchday.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:02 am

Post by Joey_ »

Like you can say that it's better to remove any possible conflicts about a slot on a day that there might not even be a scum available to lynch than on a day with 3 available scum to lynch
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:08 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

eh okay I see that I guess if you really think this could be all town, nEE being a better flip. I've been assuming that at least one of the two are scum and of them I think Titus play is worse.

however can't you also make the same argument about Titus? Like unless there's a convincing towncase on her is she not gonna be a lynch target rest of game for burying mutant on d1 and then pushing my slot while inactive?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:22 am

Post by Joey_ »

Thats also part of the argument; Titus does not have that hammer conversation dangling over her head and she's a slot with extensive meta. One way or another, her alignement will increasingly obvious to everyone (thats my opinion). It's true that maybe Titus is mafia and will never be nominated again which will prove me wrong if shes solo scum in the pool today, but I guess that's explained by me thinking she's town thus giving less value to that scenario.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:23 am

Post by Joey_ »

Also I did want correspondence for the sake of PoE and I am town, so I have definite proof the rationale can come from town so It's not s AI to me
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:33 am

Post by Awoo »

The other thing about titus is that while she lacks a convincing towncase (something you can see me trying to desperately find), I don't expect her to be a super popular push in the future, since a lot of the wagoners on her required *extensive encouragement* to even place a vote. The other thing is there isn't a convincing towncase for norwegianboy. Sad that his latest post feels bad too.

VOTE: norwegianboyEE
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:34 am

Post by Sujimichi »

Who are these "lots of wagoners" and what is the "extensive encouragement" that's been required? Because, I think that's just something you've made up.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:34 am

Post by Sujimichi »

Also, I dislike how you wanted to chat but then ignored my response completely.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:35 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 801, chennisden wrote:
VC 2.6:

Titus (3)Menalque , NorwegianboyEE , Sujimichi .
NorwegianboyEE (5)PMysterious, , Joey_ , Titus + Creature + Awoo
GuiltyLion (0)
Not Voting (3)pisskop GuiltyLion

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2019-10-15 12:05:08).

No changes to VC.
nEE is L-1 with that vote If i counted correctly
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:36 am

Post by Sujimichi »

I do like that your vote matches your assertions though. Even if I believe you're wrong.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:38 am

Post by Sujimichi »

In post 865, Joey_ wrote:
In post 801, chennisden wrote:
VC 2.6:

Titus (3)Menalque , NorwegianboyEE , Sujimichi .
NorwegianboyEE (5)PMysterious, , Joey_ , Titus + Creature + Awoo
GuiltyLion (0)
Not Voting (3)pisskop GuiltyLion

No changes to VC.
nEE is L-1 with that vote If i counted correctly
That's not the most recent vote count.
In post 821, chennisden wrote:
VC 2.8:

Titus (5)Awoo , Menalque , NorwegianboyEE , Sujimichi , pisskop
NorwegianboyEE (4)PMysterious, , Joey_ , Titus , Creature
GuiltyLion (0)
Not Voting (1)GuiltyLion

With Awoo unvoting Titus and voting NorwegianboyEE, that is L-1 one though. Titus and NorwegianboyEE have swapped places.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:39 am

Post by Joey_ »

I see, myb
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:05 am

Post by Awoo »

In post 864, Sujimichi wrote:Also, I dislike how you wanted to chat but then ignored my response completely.
I took one look at how you actually responded to each individual number and laughed then moved on
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:07 am

Post by Sujimichi »

I don't understand. I responded seriously, though admittedly the last two were for humor's sake.
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:08 am

Post by Sujimichi »

Also, I would like an answer to .
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:24 am

Post by Awoo »

Most of your stuff we ended up going over anyways, so it's not much use responding to it a second time.

If you want to know who I am talking about when I say titus wagon needed a lot of encouragement, please refer to , where I point out how everyone is OK with lynching titus but then also they weren't voting on her. If you want to know who specifically, the people in orange were guiltylion, creature (since flipped), you, and pisskop that needed encouragement voting on the wagon. Even after menalque kept saying "vote vote vote" it took a lot of time.

Part of the reason I just laughed you off is because making a response to "nine" fits in line with what I'm currently thinking of you: that you're mafia because of how rigid your reads are and how rigid your overall take and attitude towards the game is. When you keep going back and referring to the same static readslist, it's almost comical to me. Yes, I know you cited your sources, but that's really not that hard to do as mafia - really it's what I would expect from mafia.

I know as mafia one of my fatal weaknesses is that I have an easy time picking out specific posts and bringing up little details to show to the town how my fake thought process is going, but I tend to get really stuck in one mindset as in "my path to victory is to mislynch X -> nightkill Y -> mislynch Z", and that's what your reads list feels like. "My path to victory is to mislynch Titus today, PM tomorrow, day4 nominate 3 town, and improvise in LYLO". The reason this applies to your list specifically and not just any old list that ranks people is that, as menalque said, they are convenient consensus opinions. This makes all the little footnotes and citations feel LAMIST since they're unnessecary, you could have just hopped in like GL and said "I think Menalque/Joey/Awoo are town. I'm on board with scum!Titus"... etc. Still popular opinions but presented in a more casual less tryhard look at how town I am way.

Since that's the impression I've been getting from you, when you responded to "nine" with "not a thought", I had a giggle and walked away from the computer.
Awoo
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Awoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:27 am

Post by Awoo »

Some of your other posts feel fabricated as well, as if you're always the most focused on covering all your bases. Like when I asked you to vote titus, you said "wait", then when you voted titus you didn't just make a naked vote, you attached a reason onto it "I don't like your responses". You already had justification, I was greenlighting you, your readslist put titus at rock bottom, and it felt again like you just wanted to make double sure no one could question you.

Not sure why I'm talking to you like I'm trying to convince you you're mafia or why these posts are all adressed to you for some reason, but I guess that's just how it goes when you Have A Chat™
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
NorwegianboyEE
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:30 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Sigh. People will just keep beating on the dead horse that "he hammer town!" as an argument for every day from now on so i've half given up. I'm just hoping the town will find the real scum if i flip.