Chibiie
Goon
Chibiie
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:15 am

Post by Chibiie »

These last posts made no sense, I'll be up in a few hours, I'm feeling a little better.
Show
Can someone fucking stop Chibiie from getting on my nerves?
- literally everyone

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge.
- Carl Jung

I did not stole this signature format from AaronFrost.
- Chibiie
Spartan117
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Spartan117
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:37 pm

Post by Spartan117 »

In post 120, Formerfish wrote:
In post 119, faüstiv wrote:Yeah I don't like this BW at all.
Why? Cause your partner is getting run up and you don't know what to do about it so you just take a weak position against it without defending Gdog outright?

What wagon would you like to see right now?
I could see Gdog being town, honestly think his content what little of it there is is NAI atm, but I could see town playing some votes on someone in a way that may look a bit sus to draw out eager scum struggling for reads to try and throw shade on him.

Right now I wouldn't mind a Fish or Farren wagon atm.

Lets see where this leads

VOTE: Formerfish
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:01 pm

Post by Farren »

In post 123, faüstiv wrote:
In post 121, Formerfish wrote:Why stay on Gilded when you don't like that wagon, but you like mine?
I like where my vote is at the moment.
Your vote is on TheGildedSun at the moment.
In post 99, faüstiv wrote:ETL is my top townread so far because her thought process re. TheGildedSun's early contributions pretty much mirrored mine.
Looking at ETL's posts about TheGildedSun made before your post here:
In post 16, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Holy cow, why are you are so nervous...?

VOTE: GildedSun
In post 24, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:UNVOTE:

Getting super new vibes from Gilded, so I don't know that the jumpiness actually applies here. I also like the thought process of "they're voting me and I'm town so they must be mafia". While misguided and incorrect, I was the same way when I first started.
In post 64, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:JFC. I think Golden is town, and your behavior is what's making me think you're scum because I refuse to believe someone with your experience is honestly this dense.
(assuming "Golden" is Gilded, as no one else has a name even close)

So if ETL's thought process "pretty much mirrored yours", that would imply you think TheGildedSun is Town. Is that wrong?

If it's right, why are you happy with your vote on someone you think is Town?
If it's wrong, please explain how it's wrong given the quotes from you and ETL above.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:16 pm

Post by Farren »

In post 124, faüstiv wrote:
In post 107, Farren wrote:Let's try a slightly different angle. First - why do you think I'm voting for Spartan?
Because you either think he is scum, you are scum or you're trying to illicit a reaction from him.
Good answer.

I'd have expected a follow-up question, though. Three different possibilities you listed, plus there could be others.

Okay, maybe that's a playstyle thing. Not everyone likes to ask a bunch of questions.

What I'm trying to figure out is - what exactly are you trying to do? That ties in with the voting business too. Are you hunting? Are you trying to pressure people? Are you trying to engage people? Are you coming to conclusions? Or something else?
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:18 pm

Post by Farren »

Spartan: still waiting for the answer to post .
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:39 pm

Post by eth0s »

Official Vote Count 1.08

LynchingWith 9 living players it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Gdooooog123456789
(4): Formerfish, Yodavader, TheGildedSun, Chibiie

Spartan117
(2): Gdooooog123456789, Farren

Formerfish
(1): Spartan117

TheGildedSun
(1): faüstiv

Not Voting
(1): EspeciallyTheLies

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-11-01 12:50:00).

Mod notes:
n/a[/area]
Last edited by eth0s on Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
Chibiie
Chibiie
Goon
Chibiie
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:38 pm

Post by Chibiie »

In post 10, Formerfish wrote:[...]
1. If you were in a 4 piece band (front man singer, guitar, bass and drums) which do you choose and why?
Guitar, controls the melody. You're most likely trying to figure out what type of playstyle we run. I do like taking the lead and mastermind games, will be noticed as game progresses.

2. Do you play poker? How would you describe your play?
Poker’s ultimate mind-game is the
bluff
. Should give you an insight of my Poker experience and playstyle.

[...]
In post 21, TheGildedSun wrote:Voting me out will only assist the Mafia in gaining leverage as I swear to you I am town aligned... I will not Role Claim unless you absolutely require me to do so in order to "prove" my innocence, especially as it is advised against in means of narrowing down town, but I am ever so happy to cooperate.

I appear "nervous" as I do not wish to be voted out, especially on D1 of such a long game. I know that this is silly, especially because of D1 lasting for 10 in real life days and only having received a singular lynch vote, but I digress. I have a thing with being wrongly accused, I am the honest type especially while being town aligned, in which I rush to defend myself and I can easy see why that appears suspicious... Not only was my response out of uneasiness but it also came from curiosity. I am curious what prompted the initial vote... I couldn't find a reason why other than based on a gut instinct, but the only thing that gut instinct could've been based out of would've been my username?
This is genuine panic, however, the fact that he's trying to explain his nervousness, also saying that "I rush to defend myself and I can easy see why that appears suspicious" makes me think this is newb!scum.
This is not a live-speech, you can take your time and play it cool, showing this much nervousness really puts you in a bad spot.

In post 74, Formerfish wrote:
In post 5, eth0s wrote:
Seven or more players have confirmed their role and alignment. If you have not, you have (expired on 2019-10-23 15:00:00) to do so until I look for a replacement.
[...]
I wonder what the odds are that the 2 players not posting were the ones who didnt confirm anything.
Oh hi, I'm one of the 2 and I'm finally here and I really have a bad read on you :)

We are coming up on 36hrs correct?
Not that it really matters, there's still plenty of time.
This might've been just a throw-off post to take a little light off of yourself.
In post 81, Formerfish wrote:
In post 80, Yodavader wrote:But why stop a conversation in the first place? If we are actually making some kind of progress, why stop it?
Because certain conversations shouldnt be had before they need to. Like the jump on Gilded as scum for his cagey-ness could just as easily come from a newbie town pr who gets freaked out they are being pushed early. And generally role fishing is a bad idea and I discourage people from letting scum have more information than they have now, which will help them with nk choices.

Topics die naturally, forcing a STOP sign on them for such a reason just doesn't sound solid to me.

In post 80, Yodavader wrote:I know that you have already answered this but I just wanted to point out that I have noticed this too.
[irrelevant .jpeg]

You notice that i have a tr on myself and the guy who outed himself in his first post, you cracked the case there columbo.
Over-confidence. This is my rival.

In post 89, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Next few days are gonna be busy for me just FYI.

Strongly disliking the momentum of the fish wagon. Will look into this more later but I’d put money if fish is town, which the speed suggests, there’s at least one scum in that group.
Would like to know more about this momentum. I'm the one who raised the L-1 vote on Fish, so I would really like more info.

In post 96, Farren wrote:
In post 85, Chibiie wrote:Wasn't expecting less from your strong logic.
I haven't read the entire game yet, just jumped through posts really quicky on my phone.

This is RVS and I want info, so VOTE: Formerfish, since this is RVS and you're the lucky winner of my
L-1
vote! Any lol-hammer will become my #1 scum.

I repeat, this is
L-1
Tell me more about this strong logic, please.
Live-streaming thoughts. Strong logic, there's not much to explain, he's putting down actions that taken place in this game thread and then adds his own mind in the process. It's detective work. Never said I read something off of it, I just agreed with the thought process.

In post 98, Farren wrote:
In post 92, Chibiie wrote:I was expecting Fish to react to my L-1 before peeps took their votes back.
I'll keep my vote on Fish until tomorrow morning, when I'm in the office and read the game :)

After I catch up with all chatter and answer those set of questions as well, I'll join in progressing the game as well.
Can I have everyone's time zones? I'm GMT +3
I want to respond to the first part, but want to wait until Spartan answers before I comment further.
[...]
You shouldn't state that you want to answer something, but wait for someone else's answer before-hand... I mean... I wanna place a bet on this team, but will wait until they win.

Makes sense?
In post 99, faüstiv wrote:Thoughts so far:

ETL is my top townread so far because her thought process re. TheGildedSun's early contributions pretty much mirrored mine.

Spartan BW is concerning considering I don't think he did anything
that
scummy; not enough to warrant the heaps of votes placed on him anyway. The players on this BW were in order: ETL, Gdooooog123456789, Farren, though ETL switched vote soon after. I feel this BW could be important to analyze further on in the game.

FormerFish BW doesn't concern me as much; the only thing that's concerning is the speed, but I do agree that FormerFish is the scummiest player in the game currently. His responses to my questions regarding 41 don't fill me with confidence and at the moment I think it was a freudian slip. On;y reason I'm not voting him is because I don't think putting a player in L1 so early on benefits us, and I don't trust Gdoooog123456789 not to lolhammer it, considering he came in and voted Spartan without giving any explanation. BW on FormerFish was: ETL, Spartan, Yodavader, Chibile
I will sound over-confident and will most likely be questioned for this, but BW on Formerfish, from my point of view, is all townies.

Get a better look on Farren's and FormerFish's activity, they're my most disliked people at this point.

It's still early stage of D1, so nothing is certain. They have all chances of becoming my biggest townreads, but for now, I'll dislike them. (not scumread, but dislike their activity)

Would you mind elaborating? Blank statements are not helping the game progress.
I mean they do, but in the wrong direction for the one posting them lol.

In post 120, Formerfish wrote:
Why? Cause your partner is getting run up and you don't know what to do about it so you just take a weak position against it without defending Gdog outright?
Is this supposed to be pressure?

What wagon would you like to see right now?
In post 128, Farren wrote:
In post 107, Farren wrote:Let's try a slightly different angle. First - why do you think I'm voting for Spartan?
Because you either think he is scum, you are scum or you're trying to illicit a reaction from him.
Good answer.

I'd have expected a follow-up question, though. Three different possibilities you listed, plus there could be others.

Okay, maybe that's a playstyle thing. Not everyone likes to ask a bunch of questions.

What I'm trying to figure out is - what exactly are you trying to do? That ties in with the voting business too. Are you hunting? Are you trying to pressure people? Are you trying to engage people? Are you coming to conclusions? Or something else?
He's having a genuine read process... Questioning that makes me question you.
What any other player is trying to do, it's solving the game, piece by piece, asking questions, analyzing thought process of others, double-checking what feels off. Let's not forget about speculating.

Farren wrote:Spartan: still waiting for the answer to post .
Ye, why not tell us without waiting on Spartan's answer? I mean, I'm waiting for your answer about my #92, yet you're waiting for Spartan's answer on your #97?
Answer influences answer? Show me that progressive read change... Post something and then change your read based on following posts by others.

I remember my mom's psychology for when I was little. I would break something, my mom would be completely aware of the whole story and still would ask me "What happened?"... She already had an answer prepared, just wanted to hear my aberrations.

Ye, won't post a TL this early in-game, but I dislike Farren/FormerFish and I really like faüstiv.

Any questions?
Show
- literally everyone

- Carl Jung

- Chibiie
Chibiie
Chibiie
Goon
Chibiie
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:04 am

Post by Chibiie »

In post 131, Chibiie wrote:I remember my mom's psychology for when I was little. I would break something, my mom would be completely aware of the whole story and still would ask me "What happened?"... She already had an answer prepared, just wanted to hear my aberrations.
Good and funny aberrations were rewarded with aberrations from my mom. This is real-life pocketing...
Same tactic some scums use in here :)

Also, I completely forgot to change my vote.
I'm not really interested in Gdog that much, to be honest. He is lynchbait'ing to the maximum, but I'm more concerned about FormerFish who's ignoring people that voted him and joined this wagon.

VOTE: Formerfish
L-3

Farren's activity is off too.
In post 128, Farren wrote:
In post 107, Farren wrote:[...]
I'd have expected a follow-up question, though.
Three different possibilities you listed, plus there could be others.

[...]
I've asked this question in my previous game...
Is this
possibility
or
probability
?

I'll give the answer as well, this is probability, since we have data. Possibility could be that you're Cult, but this is newbie queue and setup won't allow this. Am I being understood?

Probabilities
are that you're either scum or town. There's no more than these two.
If I flip a coin, it will
probably
land either heads or tails, however, there's a
possibility
that the coin will land at my feet, roll over and drop inside the sewers, ultimately finding it sitting on the side, not heads, nor tails.

I'm still questioning your activity.
Show
- literally everyone

- Carl Jung

- Chibiie
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:22 am

Post by Yodavader »

I agree with Chibiie on all points (which is really reminiscent of our last game), especially about Gdog but I can't switch my vote at this moment. If it wasn't for Gdog's "play", my vote would still be on Fish.
Chibiie
Chibiie
Goon
Chibiie
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:45 am

Post by Chibiie »

In post 133, Yodavader wrote:I agree with Chibiie on all points (which is really reminiscent of our last game), especially about Gdog but I can't switch my vote at this moment. If it wasn't for Gdog's "play", my vote would still be on Fish.
Will probably become my trademark when playing games on this website. I do take alot of data and throw it all in a pile, right?

Analyzing psychology is pretty strong, I have a feeling I will receive some nice feedback.
Let the game progress :)
Show
- literally everyone

- Carl Jung

- Chibiie
Chibiie
Chibiie
Goon
Chibiie
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:58 am

Post by Chibiie »

I would like to point out that Farren/Formerfish activity are 2nd and 3rd. ETL sounds pretty townie to me, probably will even count him as obvtown. This comes from an objective point of view.

So far, we have ETL who's running obvtown, Farren/Formerfish both runner-ups, I don't see much interactions in between them, but they're both talkative. Sitting in different wagons, while picking at the same target (faüstiv).

So I really like faüstiv and I believe that ETL, from an objective point of view, can be seen as obvtown.
I believe there's at least one scum in Farren/Formerfish.

Don't forget, I answer questions and anyone can doubt my logic.
Show
- literally everyone

- Carl Jung

- Chibiie
Chibiie
Chibiie
Goon
Chibiie
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 12:59 am

Post by Chibiie »

In post 135, Chibiie wrote:I would like to point out that Farren/Formerfish activity are 2nd and 3rd. ETL sounds pretty townie to me, probably will even count him as obvtown. This comes from an objective point of view.

So far, we have ETL who's running obvtown, Farren/Formerfish both runner-ups, I don't see much interactions in between them, but they're both talkative. Sitting in different wagons, while picking at the same target (faüstiv).

So I really like faüstiv and I believe that ETL, from an objective point of view, can be seen as obvtown.
I believe there's at least one scum in Farren/Formerfish.

Don't forget, I answer questions and anyone can doubt my logic.
I was talking post-wise. How often they visit the thread to post.
Show
- literally everyone

- Carl Jung

- Chibiie
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:49 am

Post by eth0s »

Official Vote Count 1.09

LynchingWith 9 living players it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Gdooooog123456789
(3): Formerfish, Yodavader, TheGildedSun

Spartan117
(2): Gdooooog123456789, Farren

Formerfish
(2): Spartan117, Chibiie

TheGildedSun
(1): faüstiv

Not Voting
(1): EspeciallyTheLies

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-11-01 12:50:00).

Mod notes:
n/a[/area]
Last edited by eth0s on Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:38 am

Post by Farren »

In post 131, Chibiie wrote:Live-streaming thoughts. Strong logic, there's not much to explain, he's putting down actions that taken place in this game thread and then adds his own mind in the process. It's detective work. Never said I read something off of it, I just agreed with the thought process.
"Logic" is not what comes to mind when I read post . To me it felt unnatural - like someone took a look at progression and hit the fast-forward button on it.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:39 am

Post by Farren »

In post 131, Chibiie wrote:You shouldn't state that you want to answer something, but wait for someone else's answer before-hand... I mean... I wanna place a bet on this team, but will wait until they win.

Makes sense?
Disagree. The question was specifically about why Spartan unvoted. If Spartan's scum, me commenting in detail could make him change the answer he gives to sound better. If Spartan's Town and his answer happens to address the issue I'm thinking of *after* I comment, I'll suspect that he changed his answer based on my comments, which will devalue the answer.

By stating publicly that I want to comment, it helps maintain accountability on multiple levels. On my end, I want to make sure I don't forget about it, and commenting in the thread increases the likelihood that someone else will notice and inquire if I do. On Spartan's end, it increases the likelihood that he will answer - either by him seeing the comment directly, effects from me being reminded about it, or something like what happened with ETL and Spartan earlier.

Commenting that I want to hear the answer doesn't change anything, as if I didn't want to hear the answer, I wouldn't have asked the question in the first place.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:40 am

Post by Farren »

In post 131, Chibiie wrote:He's having a genuine read process... Questioning that makes me question you.
What any other player is trying to do, it's solving the game, piece by piece, asking questions, analyzing thought process of others, double-checking what feels off. Let's not forget about speculating.
First: why are you answering questions addressed to other people specifically before they answer? Please wait until they answer first. Or do what I did - comment that you want to respond but are waiting for them to answer.
Second: by "Questioning that makes me question you," do you mean you want to ask me questions? Or does that mean you want to scumread me?
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:42 am

Post by Farren »

In post 131, Chibiie wrote:Ye, why not tell us without waiting on Spartan's answer? I mean, I'm waiting for your answer about my #92, yet you're waiting for Spartan's answer on your #97?
Answer influences answer? Show me that progressive read change... Post something and then change your read based on following posts by others.

I remember my mom's psychology for when I was little. I would break something, my mom would be completely aware of the whole story and still would ask me "What happened?"... She already had an answer prepared, just wanted to hear my aberrations.
You asked one general question in , and nothing to me specifically. I already answered your general question back in post . If you're waiting for the comments, I've already addressed that as much as I'm going to until Spartan responds.

Your comment about changing reads is not a good one. If you're scum, you're setting things up so that when I reach new conclusions, you can point to your comment as "evidence" that I'm doing so artificially, as a result of your prompt. If you're Town, you're setting yourself up to fall into that same trap I mentioned - wondering if my reads changing are a result of your comment.

Your mother's a smart woman.
Chibiie
Chibiie
Goon
Chibiie
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:19 am

Post by Chibiie »

In post 140, Farren wrote:
In post 131, Chibiie wrote:He's having a genuine read process... Questioning that makes me question you.
First: why are you answering questions addressed to other people specifically before they answer? Please wait until they answer first. Or do what I did - comment that you want to respond but are waiting for them to answer.
Second: by "Questioning that makes me question you," do you mean you want to ask me questions? Or does that mean you want to scumread me?
You can question my posts, however, you cannot question why I answer others questions.
If I post something and then you interfere and start elaborating on that subject, or merely post a comment on one of my posts in order to receive reactions from others, that's what we all refer to as "game progression".

You questioning my point of view as in something I shouldn't do in a game where I have absolute no info on who's alignments are, is indeed pretty fishy. You intend to say
I'm wrong for making that statement
? Are you trying to stall the game or you do not appreciate me taking defense of a player that I like and also happens to be cornered and pressured by two other players from different angles?

Keep in mind this is not a full-on defense with certainty that
@faüstiv
is 100% townread, but I do like his approach to the game and his playstyle in these early stage of D1.

In post 141, Farren wrote:
In post 131, Chibiie wrote:Ye, why not tell us without waiting on Spartan's answer? I mean, I'm waiting for your answer about my #92, yet you're waiting for Spartan's answer on your #97?

You asked one general question in , and nothing to me specifically. I already answered your general question back in post . If you're waiting for the comments, I've already addressed that as much as I'm going to until Spartan responds.

Your comment about changing reads is not a good one. If you're scum, you're setting things up so that when I reach new conclusions, you can point to your comment as "evidence" that I'm doing so artificially, as a result of your prompt. If you're Town, you're setting yourself up to fall into that same trap I mentioned - wondering if my reads changing are a result of your comment.
You're clearly overthinking it. If you weren't, you would've waited for other peeps to react to my post and then defend... You're literally in a safe spot, with no votes on you, yet you decided to guard up against me as soon as possible.

Your mother's a smart woman.
As I grew older, I've noticed how wise she is also.
Reads everyone like a book and got me into advanced psychology as well, served me well in my social life.
I would like to point out that if I would've commented on your claim of "Will reply after Spartan's response", but then not add further details, that would have been a contradiction and I tend
not
to have such misplays in my posts.

When you say general question, you're talking about the time-zone question. I don't really care about that answer that much, is just so I know when's the highest activity for each. (assuming you all go to work, school, etc.)

In post 98, Farren wrote:I want to respond to the first part, but want to wait until Spartan answers before I comment further.
[...]
Here's what I believe you meant to respond to:
In post 92, Chibiie wrote:I was expecting Fish to react to my L-1 before peeps took their votes back.
[...]
Show
- literally everyone

- Carl Jung

- Chibiie
Chibiie
Chibiie
Goon
Chibiie
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:31 am

Post by Chibiie »

In post 139, Farren wrote:
In post 131, Chibiie wrote:You shouldn't state that you want to answer something, but wait for someone else's answer before-hand... I mean... I wanna place a bet on this team, but will wait until they win.

Makes sense?
Disagree. The question was specifically about why Spartan unvoted. If Spartan's scum,
me commenting in detail could make him change the answer he gives to sound better
Goes vice-versa, doesn't it?

If Spartan's Town and his answer happens to address the issue I'm thinking of *after* I comment, I'll suspect that he changed his answer based on my comments, which will devalue the answer.
Goes vice-versa, doesn't it? This is my case right now, I'm suspecting you've taken my statement and bent it likewise :)

By stating publicly that I want to comment, it helps maintain accountability on multiple levels.
Not really, no. Proves uncertainty and low-profile.

On my end, I want to make sure I don't forget about it, and commenting in the thread increases the likelihood that someone else will notice and inquire if I do. On Spartan's end, it increases the likelihood that he will answer - either by him seeing the comment directly, effects from me being reminded about it, or something like what happened with ETL and Spartan earlier.
Game thread isn't your calendar. Take the time and whenever playing a game of Mafia, log it somewhere. It is a long game, so having saved some logs, certain posts and overall reads will help not losing track of what's going on.

Commenting that I want to hear the answer doesn't change anything, as if I didn't want to hear the answer, I wouldn't have asked the question in the first place.
Shows you have interest in certain activities / interactions. People pick up on that and alter their posts accordingly.
Many ways to put it, but overall, stating you're going to reply to some topic, only after being replied by someone else before-hand...
I don't know, man... scum-ish?

You're picking on my pressure and you're "stuttering".
Show
- literally everyone

- Carl Jung

- Chibiie
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:46 am

Post by Farren »

In post 142, Chibiie wrote:You can question my posts, however, you cannot question why I answer others questions.
If I post something and then you interfere and start elaborating on that subject, or merely post a comment on one of my posts in order to receive reactions from others, that's what we all refer to as "game progression".

You questioning my point of view as in something I shouldn't do in a game where I have absolute no info on who's alignments are, is indeed pretty fishy. You intend to say I'm wrong for making that statement? Are you trying to stall the game or you do not appreciate me taking defense of a player that I like and also happens to be cornered and pressured by two other players from different angles?

Keep in mind this is not a full-on defense with certainty that @faüstiv is 100% townread, but I do like his approach to the game and his playstyle in these early stage of D1.
I absolutely can and will question why you are answering questions that are specifically addressed to someone else before the person they are addressed to answers them. It interferes with my ability to read them. It makes it difficult to judge if their answers are genuine or contrived.

Are you trying to imply that answering questions on behalf of other people gives you an insight into their alignment? If not, why are you trying to connect those two things together? If so, how?

Actively trying to interfere with someone's ability to read another benefits scum. Whether or not your statement was flat-out wrong - who knows? Maybe you did answer the question exactly how faustiv would have. But we'll never know for sure now, and that's the problem with it.

I am not trying to stall the game. I have no issues with your attempting to defend faustiv; I do have issues with how you're going about it.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:52 am

Post by Farren »

In post 142, Chibiie wrote:I would like to point out that if I would've commented on your claim of "Will reply after Spartan's response", but then not add further details, that would have been a contradiction and I tend not to have such misplays in my posts.

When you say general question, you're talking about the time-zone question. I don't really care about that answer that much, is just so I know when's the highest activity for each. (assuming you all go to work, school, etc.)
I know you wouldn't have done so given your stance at the time. I try to keep the snark down to a minimum; being human, sometimes I fail. My apologies if you took it as such.

Yes, that's what I was referring to.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:53 am

Post by Farren »

In post 142, Chibiie wrote:
Here's what I believe you meant to respond to:
[...]
Yes, that's correct. If I don't respond to that *after* I see Spartan's response, please remind me.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:02 am

Post by Farren »

I've got about five more minutes, and that's not enough time to respond properly to post .

Brief version: I think I see something fishy, but it only applies in a particular case. If that case doesn't apply, it's a red herring - in which case, no reason to bring it up.

I'll be gone for about 24 hours or so from now.
Chibiie
Chibiie
Goon
Chibiie
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:10 am

Post by Chibiie »

In post 144, Farren wrote:
In post 142, Chibiie wrote:You can question my posts, however, you cannot question why I answer others questions.

You questioning my point of view as in something I shouldn't do in a game where I have absolute no info on who's alignments are, is indeed pretty fishy. You intend to say I'm wrong for making that statement? Are you trying to stall the game or you do not appreciate me taking defense of a player that I like and also happens to be cornered and pressured by two other players from different angles?

Keep in mind this is not a full-on defense with certainty that @faüstiv is 100% townread, but I do like his approach to the game and his playstyle in these early stage of D1.
I absolutely can and will question why you are answering questions that are specifically addressed to someone else before the person they are addressed to answers them. It interferes with my ability to read them. It makes it difficult to judge if their answers are genuine or contrived.
It interferes with your ability to read them, however, it opens the door for a new read. (me and anyone else reacting on this)
You tend to ignore this stuff, which Townies tend to focus on actually.

What you're trying to say is that you tunnel-vision on each player individually?
Scums play behind your back then, I don't know...

Are you trying to imply that answering questions on behalf of other people gives you an insight into their alignment? If not, why are you trying to connect those two things together? If so, how?
I creates reactions, people will either agree or disagree with me. It gives the originally asked person a perspective on me and depending on alignment and playstyle, will follow-up with cooperation / doubt.
So to answer your question, yes. It does give
ME
an insight into their alignment.

Answered all three questions at once :)

Actively trying to interfere with someone's ability to read another benefits scum. Whether or not your statement was flat-out wrong - who knows? Maybe you did answer the question exactly how faustiv would have. But we'll never know for sure now, and that's the problem with it.
I disagree. Actively trying to interfere with someone's ability to read another will throw scum off. I give them stuff to think about, I challenge them with my posts.
Very, very good scums would derail from my original statements and will do it flawlessly, so I cannot tell if they're scum or townies, literally throw me off... That requires some social deceiving skills and I believe Yoda can agree with me when I say that I am a pretty socially skilled.

Regarding if my statement was flat-out wrong or not, that's not me who decides. I have no control over peeps point of view. They may scumread me or they may raise me as the biggest townread.
My intent was not to answer like faüstiv would have, but to prove faüstiv that I understand his plays. It was an answer for a question addressed to faüstiv, however, my audience for that reply was faüstiv himself.

Townies won't lie.
@faüstiv
will point out anything that I did wrong.
I mean, if I was
that
wrong, faüstiv will not accept my defense, but will rather question it, right?

I am not trying to stall the game. I have no issues with your attempting to defend faustiv;
I do have issues with how you're going about it
Is my style... Pretty complex, ain't it?
PEDIT:
You're on to something, I admit that you're pretty smart if I'm right.
[#147]
Show
- literally everyone

- Carl Jung

- Chibiie
Chibiie
Chibiie
Goon
Chibiie
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:21 am

Post by Chibiie »

In post 147, Farren wrote:I've got about five more minutes, and that's not enough time to respond properly to post .

Brief version: I think I see something fishy, but it only applies in a particular case. If that case doesn't apply, it's a red herring - in which case, no reason to bring it up.

I'll be gone for about 24 hours or so from now.
Have you've ever been told something so complex that threw your mind out the window?
Literally put you in a constant thinker state and no way of getting out?

Take the butterfly effect and break it down into a very high-end psychology diagram.
Knowing the human response to certain situation. Having that knowledge to a very advanced degree can lead to becoming a social prophet. Literally know the future of a conversation.
Show
- literally everyone

- Carl Jung

- Chibiie