eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:29 am

Post by eth0s »

Official Vote Count 1.10

LynchingWith 9 living players it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Gdooooog123456789
(3): Formerfish, Yodavader, TheGildedSun

Spartan117
(2): Gdooooog123456789, Farren

Formerfish
(2): Spartan117, Chibiie

TheGildedSun
(1): faüstiv

Not Voting
(1): EspeciallyTheLies

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-11-01 12:50:00).

Mod notes:
In post 171, eth0s wrote:
Prodding Spartan117, Formerfish, TheGildedSun, and Gdooooog123456789.
[/area]
Last edited by eth0s on Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:30 am

Post by Formerfish »

Prod heard, I should be around tonight.

I forgot it was 36 hours and not 48.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Chibiie
Chibiie
Goon
Chibiie
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:44 am

Post by Chibiie »

In post 168, Farren wrote:
In post 152, Chibiie wrote:What makes you think we're both townies?
I honestly believe that Farren must be scum for his misplays and for his low-profile.

The thing is, his low-profile is showing... He's not keeping a quiet low-profile, but an obvious one.
Like... everyone can tell that he plays over a game plan. You wound act that open and secretive at the same time, unless you don't follow a plan which in order to work, requirements must be met.

I strongly believe there is a scum in Formerfish/Farren and I tend to believe that Farren is more likely to flip red.
The bolded part does not make any sense to me. Please explain further.

What are your definitions of "misplays" and "low-profile?" By mine, my "misplays" are due to poor wording and thinking they're scummy is questionable at best; "low-profile" is laughably false.
Should be easily understandable, is not anything complex.
People who have base info (Scums knows who is not scum), make plans. Who do they push and how do they interact with each other... They plan that ahead of time.

I see very little interaction between you and Fish, however, you're trying to look like hunting for scums, but you're completely ignoring the scummiest person.

Indeed there's 2 scums and we need to lynch both. Since we already target Fish for being the scummiest, why sit in a different wagon? What makes you not join? You're not filling us in on this info...

Yoda agrees on joining this wagon if it was not for Gdog's "play" and tbh, will question that later, but for now I'm really set on figuring out who's the scum out of Formerfish/Farren and will keep on fiddling between these two during D1. (Unless a major turn of events happen and makes me turn toward another player)

Will be off for the next 14 or so hours.
Ttyl :)
Show
Can someone fucking stop Chibiie from getting on my nerves?
- literally everyone

Thinking is difficult, that's why most people judge.
- Carl Jung

I did not stole this signature format from AaronFrost.
- Chibiie
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:08 pm

Post by TheGildedSun »

I'm happy with my vote on Gdog for now. Presumably they will be replaced due to inactivity, but that makes me wonder, maybe my vote will allow for their replacement to open up? Who knows. I really only voted for Gdog because of the silence, I thought just
maybe
it might give them a chance to speak, but for now I can't be so sure... I will leave it where it is until a replacement is called in, hopefully they will be more talkative and therefore readable.
In post 131, Chibiie wrote:
In post 21, TheGildedSun wrote:Voting me out will only assist the Mafia in gaining leverage as I swear to you I am town aligned... I will not Role Claim unless you absolutely require me to do so in order to "prove" my innocence, especially as it is advised against in means of narrowing down town, but I am ever so happy to cooperate.

I appear "nervous" as I do not wish to be voted out, especially on D1 of such a long game. I know that this is silly, especially because of D1 lasting for 10 in real life days and only having received a singular lynch vote, but I digress. I have a thing with being wrongly accused, I am the honest type especially while being town aligned, in which I rush to defend myself and I can easy see why that appears suspicious... Not only was my response out of uneasiness but it also came from curiosity. I am curious what prompted the initial vote... I couldn't find a reason why other than based on a gut instinct, but the only thing that gut instinct could've been based out of would've been my username?
This is genuine panic, however, the fact that he's trying to explain his nervousness, also saying that "I rush to defend myself and I can easy see why that appears suspicious" makes me think this is newb!scum.
This is not a live-speech, you can take your time and play it cool, showing this much nervousness really puts you in a bad spot.
I assume there is no use for this but when I received the initial vote I actually wasn't panic-stricken, that was not where my response was coming from. I was much more curious? I didn't know random votes on D1 were a common practice and I actually thought the vote on me was fascinating in a way, because to my beliefs at the time there was no valid reason to suspect me. Which I later was told why I had been voted, just as a random vote for the reason to get people to talk/open up. (Which would then lead into reads) I've gotten myself into hot water due to my peculiar response and now I know I can't really do anything to justify myself at the moment other than watch it all play out.
Chibiie
Chibiie
Goon
Chibiie
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:34 pm

Post by Chibiie »

In post 178, TheGildedSun wrote:I'm happy with my vote on Gdog for now. Presumably they will be replaced due to inactivity, but that makes me wonder, maybe my vote will allow for their replacement to open up? Who knows. I really only voted for Gdog because of the silence, I thought just
maybe
it might give them a chance to speak, but for now I can't be so sure... I will leave it where it is until a replacement is called in, hopefully they will be more talkative and therefore readable.
In post 131, Chibiie wrote:
In post 21, TheGildedSun wrote:Voting me out will only assist the Mafia in gaining leverage as I swear to you I am town aligned... I will not Role Claim unless you absolutely require me to do so in order to "prove" my innocence, especially as it is advised against in means of narrowing down town, but I am ever so happy to cooperate.

I appear "nervous" as I do not wish to be voted out, especially on D1 of such a long game. I know that this is silly, especially because of D1 lasting for 10 in real life days and only having received a singular lynch vote, but I digress. I have a thing with being wrongly accused, I am the honest type especially while being town aligned, in which I rush to defend myself and I can easy see why that appears suspicious... Not only was my response out of uneasiness but it also came from curiosity. I am curious what prompted the initial vote... I couldn't find a reason why other than based on a gut instinct, but the only thing that gut instinct could've been based out of would've been my username?
This is genuine panic, however, the fact that he's trying to explain his nervousness, also saying that "I rush to defend myself and I can easy see why that appears suspicious" makes me think this is newb!scum.
This is not a live-speech, you can take your time and play it cool, showing this much nervousness really puts you in a bad spot.
I assume there is no use for this but when I received the initial vote I actually wasn't panic-stricken, that was not where my response was coming from. I was much more curious? I didn't know random votes on D1 were a common practice and I actually thought the vote on me was fascinating in a way, because to my beliefs at the time there was no valid reason to suspect me. Which I later was told why I had been voted, just as a random vote for the reason to get people to talk/open up. (Which would then lead into reads) I've gotten myself into hot water due to my peculiar response and now I know I can't really do anything to justify myself at the moment other than watch it all play out.
Never watch it play out.
Get involved.
Reads matter.
Reads come with consequences, but your reads matter even if you get lynched or NK'ed.
Never be afraid to change reads as the game progresses.

Involvement = Reads
Reads = Consequences
Consequences = Game progression
Show
- literally everyone

- Carl Jung

- Chibiie
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 1:02 pm

Post by eth0s »

Spartan117 is being replaced.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:05 pm

Post by Farren »

In post 177, Chibiie wrote:Should be easily understandable, is not anything complex.
People who have base info (Scums knows who is not scum), make plans. Who do they push and how do they interact with each other... They plan that ahead of time.

I see very little interaction between you and Fish, however, you're trying to look like hunting for scums, but you're completely ignoring the scummiest person.

Indeed there's 2 scums and we need to lynch both. Since we already target Fish for being the scummiest, why sit in a different wagon? What makes you not join? You're not filling us in on this info...

Yoda agrees on joining this wagon if it was not for Gdog's "play" and tbh, will question that later, but for now I'm really set on figuring out who's the scum out of Formerfish/Farren and will keep on fiddling between these two during D1. (Unless a major turn of events happen and makes me turn toward another player)

1: Depends on the scum, but sure, some scum do. I am not working off a plan.
2: I don't agree that Fish is the scummiest. Only scumping I've seen from him was the bit about bad-faith arguments with ETL. I specifically reject the "he said he and GildedSun were both Town, and that's scummy" argument. As far as interaction is concerned, I've interacted with some people more than others. You, faustiv, Spartan in the more category. ETL, Fish, Gdog, GildedSun, Yoda in the less category. Why is Fish particularly of note here?
3: Explain to me why your being "really set on figuring out who's the scum out of Formerfish/Farren and will keep on fiddling between these two during D1" isn't an example of "People who have base info (Scums knows who is not scum), make plans."

Also, you evaded some of my earlier questions. You said I was keeping a low-profile. You accused me of misplays and said it was evidence of me being scum. I asked you to define those words because the way I understand those words, those accusations are both false.

I've grown leery of taking evasion as a scumtell - seems like every time I apply it, it turns out the person being evasive was Town who simply didn't see the question, got distracted, or just decided to be bullheaded stubborn. But scum use evasion as a tool, so I can't ignore it when I see it.

With false accusations, every now and then semantic confusion rears its head - language difficulties, cultural differences, or simply misreading what someone wrote. Or emotion can play a role, although I don't think that's the case here. Or the person levying the accusations is scum.

So, again: please define "misplays" and "low-profile" within the context that you used them.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 3:17 pm

Post by Farren »

In post 180, eth0s wrote:
Spartan117 is being replaced.
UNVOTE: Spartan117

Courtesy unvote for the replacement.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:59 pm

Post by Yodavader »

In post 177, Chibiie wrote:
-snip-

Yeah, this is just like last game. Would have voted for player 1 but player 2 is just so much more inviting. Hope the results aren't the same though, where they were both town.
In post 178, TheGildedSun wrote:
-snip-

Yes, don't just watch from the sidelines. Every action, every post, helps us figure out who scum is. Don't be afraid to voice your thoughts. Mislynches and NK happen and it can be a good thing because we can use that to see who pushed who or who stayed away and that can help us find scum.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:44 pm

Post by eth0s »

Official Vote Count 1.11

LynchingWith 9 living players it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Gdooooog123456789
(3): Formerfish, Yodavader, TheGildedSun

Formerfish
(2): Spartan117, Chibiie

Spartan117
(1): Gdooooog123456789

TheGildedSun
(1): faüstiv

Not Voting
(2): EspeciallyTheLies, Farren

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-11-01 12:50:00).

Mod notes:
n/a[/area]
Last edited by eth0s on Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:52 pm

Post by faüstiv »

Apologies for lack of activity, I was in another game which was in LYLO. That game has now finished so my focus is now on this one.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:53 pm

Post by faüstiv »

I really like a lot of what Chibile has posted so far. Moving him into my townpile.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:57 pm

Post by faüstiv »

His reads on Farren/Former echo mine. I think there’s definitely one scum in there. As I said I can’t see them both being scum at this stage due to Farren’s vote on Fish. I don’t think scum places a vote on the partner that early on in the game.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:58 pm

Post by faüstiv »

Imo there’s too many impure players on the Gdooog slot which makes me think he’s probably town.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:01 pm

Post by faüstiv »

In post 128, Farren wrote:
In post 124, faüstiv wrote:
In post 107, Farren wrote:Let's try a slightly different angle. First - why do you think I'm voting for Spartan?
Because you either think he is scum, you are scum or you're trying to illicit a reaction from him.
Good answer.

I'd have expected a follow-up question, though. Three different possibilities you listed, plus there could be others.

Okay, maybe that's a playstyle thing. Not everyone likes to ask a bunch of questions.

What I'm trying to figure out is - what exactly are you trying to do? That ties in with the voting business too. Are you hunting? Are you trying to pressure people? Are you trying to engage people? Are you coming to conclusions? Or something else?
This is just my way of scumhunting.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:04 pm

Post by faüstiv »

I think someone asked me about why I’ve kept my vote on Gilded. The reason is I wanted to see the slot squirm a bit more. I purposefully avoided answering her question to see how she’s react.

Gilded was tonally town I think from her reaction but other players have since towntold which makes me hesitant to think Gilded is town at this stage.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:09 pm

Post by faüstiv »

In post 41, Formerfish wrote:
In post 36, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Fish I think you’re ick how about that?
Becky with the good hair dont care and neither do i. Your push is weak and you should feel bad about that.
Why do you think I asked about her experience and backed off when I thought about it some more? I actually think she’s town based on all of her responses. I think you trying to turn a 3 post interaction into a case is a huge stretch when the trajectory is pretty damn clear. Are you just trying to make anything stick or do you genuinely believe I’m “making bad pushes”?
I think for scum to win they have to kill townies and maybe you want to push me as scum to get me out of the way early, I don't know why you are making bad pushes. I think that if you were interested in why someone was playing a certain way that you would talk to them about it, but both times now you have kinda flown off half cocked only to retract within a post or two.

I guess for me you are being a little reckless with your vote and i dislike your style choice.
I don’t like Spartans sheep at all though. Torn between newb following what seemed logical at the time or fish being bad and not actually interacting with me directly.
Not sure i understand that last part.
In post 37, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:I like how fish tries to hang me with my experience while at the same time explaining how I’m bad scum who’s not blending in.

???? lol
Did I say that? I think I said you could be scum because your pushes have been on town so far. And theyve been bad pushes. Im not roping you with a BoP rap here, so im not sure where that came from.
I really don’t like this post from Formerfish at all and I fail to see how he’s come to the conclusion he has at this stage f the game but I’m a bit reluctant to scumread him at this stage. The BW on him was quick and he’s being antagonistic toward some other players who FOS him. This could just be a playstyle thing but usually scum want to appease players who vote them this early on. Being antagonistic just puts a rod on Formerfish’s back which I’d like to think he wouldn’t do as scum given his experience and there’s a lot of heat on this stage lot at the moment.

I’ll have to read the BW’s more and see who jumped on the vote.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:14 pm

Post by faüstiv »

Farren has posted a lot but I don’t really see how the questions she’s asking help sort players and it looks more like maf trying to scumhunt rather than town scumhunting.

VOTE: Farren
Chibiie
Chibiie
Goon
Chibiie
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:35 pm

Post by Chibiie »

@Farren[/], posting from phone, but here we go:

Will keep it simple and not get into details, whatever you understand from "low-profile" and "misplays" is completely on you.
On a forum, they have standard meanings. I don't think people would use these words so often if everyone interprets them differently. They're commonly used terms, so I'm really questioning why you ask me to explain something that you should already know...

What does "low-profile" means to me? Without getting into too many details and give you a chance of changing your playstyle: lurking.
"Misplays" meaning? Pretty obvious, won't bother too much either: Bad wording, sudden turn of events that can't be justified, ignoring the obvious, turning against majority without solid arguments, speeding the game when's really not needed, etc.

Anyway, I doubt you can take these answers now and change your playstyle, that would be a misplay... you're pretty forced to keep going as it is, how long can you withstand my pressure before saying something out of place or simply back off the argument?
In a safe spot like yours, with no votes on your head, I wouldn't have bothered to argue in this early stage of the game. I would've taken my time, slowly answering each argument one by one as the game progresses.

I believe I hit a Jackpot with that reaction.
You're literally tunnel-visioning on me now, how do you explain this now? :)
Show
- literally everyone

- Carl Jung

- Chibiie
Chibiie
Chibiie
Goon
Chibiie
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:38 pm

Post by Chibiie »

The BBCode lol, @Mod could you please edit that for me? Also edit this line out if possible?

VOTE: Farren
Really tend to believe scum!Farren is a thing.
Show
- literally everyone

- Carl Jung

- Chibiie
Chibiie
Chibiie
Goon
Chibiie
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:22 am

Post by Chibiie »

In post 187, faüstiv wrote:His reads on Farren/Former echo mine. I think there’s definitely one scum in there. As I said I can’t see them both being scum at this stage due to Farren’s vote on Fish. I don’t think scum places a vote on the partner that early on in the game.
They've never voted each other...
Never really interacted with each other...

Isolate their posts, you'll notice no direct, nor semi-direct interaction between them.
Show
- literally everyone

- Carl Jung

- Chibiie
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:26 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 195, Chibiie wrote:
In post 187, faüstiv wrote:His reads on Farren/Former echo mine. I think there’s definitely one scum in there. As I said I can’t see them both being scum at this stage due to Farren’s vote on Fish. I don’t think scum places a vote on the partner that early on in the game.
They've never voted each other...
Never really interacted with each other

Isolate their posts, you'll notice
no direct
nor semi-direct interaction
between them.
Are you talking about me and Farren here? The bolded specifically.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:30 am

Post by Formerfish »

Chib, chib, chibiieeeeeeeeeeeee
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:31 am

Post by Formerfish »

See the problem with poking bears is that sometimes sleeping ones dont give a fuck who they swat.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:35 am

Post by Formerfish »

I wonder how hard I have to poke to get him to notice me?

Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.