Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:54 am

Post by bugspray »

some stupid reads I have (i like to think of mafia as two people and different possible combinations of people who I think have been working together either directly or indirectly)
Gyro and Datisi could be a mafia duo together but thats literally just because I see how they are interacting on this page only which is sort of a bollox read

Gardenia and Fish could be (this one is based on only one post where it seems like fish is definitely trying to make their previous interactions seem less meaningful

one thing I've noticed from in person games is that the mafia members can have a lot of trouble communicating with each other in the open during the day, with the existence of a private topic maybe my reading strategy is less useful but then again now that the posts have a sort of "object permanence" that always was lacking in in person games (allowing people to LIE about things they have done in the past, a risky but powerful gambit.....) so maybe it's just as good but differently useful?

@datisis can you link back to it? i don't want to slog through a bunch of pages of crap like I did to find the one fish post I linked here
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:03 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 206, Datisi wrote:
In post 199, bugspray wrote:but at the end of the reading for some reason my gut made me think that fish and gardenia are maf...
Can you please elaborate on this?
Word of advice, don't look for teams yet. Look for individual scumminess. Associate-hunting happens either post-flip or as a Town's last resort. We're not there yet.

Especially not if two people just talking to each other makes you think they're mafia together.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Gyro Zeppeli
Gyro Zeppeli
Goon
Gyro Zeppeli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:04 am

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

Datisi is my partner, if datisi dies and is mafia, so am I
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:07 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 246, Datisi wrote:Plus you're making a read on him this early. Is that read bollox too? :P
Appreciate the sentiment Gyro. Tho I do find it weird that you're not calling me a bullshit-reacher since I have not one, but two posts laying out reads.

Unless I'm missing obvious sarcasm here...
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:13 am

Post by bugspray »

What is post-flip? I don't remember seeing flip mentioned on the wiki
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:15 am

Post by Datisi »

Flip is when someone dies (either by lynch or night-kill) and the moderator reveals, or flips their role.

I'm saying it's pretty useless looking for Mafia partners when we don't know one of them for certain.
~M
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:04 am

Post by bugspray »

Alrighty then, guess I'll wait for other people to say stuff before passing more gas about
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:46 am

Post by bugspray »

In post 255, Datisi wrote:the moderator [...] flips their role.
Are you referring to the physical action of flipping a playing card over to show what the player's role is in a physical game of mafia?
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:50 am

Post by gardenia »

Hey guys, sorry for being away - that earlier thing really killed my mood/motivation for the game :/ I'm gonna try and get back into it though since it looks like things are picking up.

Here's my reads!
townlean
- datisi (Saladman27); salad was lower for me, but your reads/comments boosted you higher! I get good vibes off of you and feel like you're genuinely trying to help out.
- teacher; has asked a lot of questions and done a lot to progress the game. I'm not sure about him but a townlean for now.
- Uncrowned; was eh before but I liked your recent posts!

null/??? people
- bugspray (Chibiie); Chibiie posted a lot I think, but looking back on it, not a lot of it was game related. As for bugspray, I don't have much to go on but would like to hear more about your me and fish being mafia theory? I don't get what you said in (fingers crossed the link works)
- JacksonVirgo (MedicalCoke); basically got a clean slate since coke posted nothing. Hasn't said that much so far so idk.
- Formerfish; Don't know why he's so high on the recent lists? A wildcard for me.

Scumlean
- Gyro Zeppeli; Ok maybe closer to null based on your recent posts, but I kinda didn't like your "haha don't care"ness when you were asked questions earlier (dodging?)
- Marionette; The teacher vote was weird and we still don't have any explanation :/

I probably missed some things so I'm also gonna look through the thread and see if there's anything else I can reply to!
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:53 am

Post by gardenia »

In post 239, Gyro Zeppeli wrote:Gardenia i didn’t see the message you posted after me, there’s no message there???
??? What?
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:13 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 257, bugspray wrote:
Are you referring to the physical action of flipping a playing card over to show what the player's role is in a physical game of mafia?
Jumping into this because I view it as a procedural question rather than one seeking thought-process.

"flip" in this site's lingo means when the moderator posts a player's rolecard after their death. I suppose the verb comes from the literal action of flipping a card in person, but is figurative for purposes of forum mafia.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:13 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 258, gardenia wrote:- Uncrowned; was eh before but I liked your recent posts!
Agree.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:17 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 251, Datisi wrote:
In post 206, Datisi wrote:
In post 199, bugspray wrote:but at the end of the reading for some reason my gut made me think that fish and gardenia are maf...
Can you please elaborate on this?
Word of advice, don't look for teams yet. Look for individual scumminess. Associate-hunting happens either post-flip or as a Town's last resort. We're not there yet.

Especially not if two people just talking to each other makes you think they're mafia together.
This is excellent advice, backed up by maths.

To assess individual scumminess at this stage, you have to look at 8 people. To assess associations, you have to look at 28 possible teams. Your brain cant realistically compare 28 options in a wholistic way.

Worst-case scenario, on D3 with only town dead, you have to look at 4 people individually, but only 6 possible teams. That's realistic.

Save associative hunting for later game, when theres info.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:31 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I haven't been that active, mainly because I had a lot of stuff happening the past day. But here are my current reads. If I missed anyone, they're null.
---- Town ----
Teacher
JV

---- Null ----
Datis
Uncrowned

---- Scum ----
FormerFish
Marionette
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:33 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 187, Uncrowned wrote:but I feel like the vote on Fish is the easiest one to make at the moment, since he's been the most aggressive player thus far.
This is very true. I know Fish well, which is why I voted him -- I thought he would be easy to wagon and I wanted to give people looking for lhf some "cover", being willing to scumread those who joined without independent reasons. Thats not how it played out, with only Gardenia joining. I got some tweaks from how Gyro kept his options open on the apparent leading wagons of Fish and me (even pairing us), but no other biters.

Anyways, now that I have outed the semi-reaction test, its time to
VOTE: Gyro
from its results, and for general lack of advancing content.
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:47 pm

Post by gardenia »

In post 263, JacksonVirgo wrote:I haven't been that active, mainly because I had a lot of stuff happening the past day. But here are my current reads. If I missed anyone, they're null.
---- Town ----
Teacher
JV

---- Null ----
Datis
Uncrowned

---- Scum ----
FormerFish
Marionette
Is this in order? Why is teacher higher than you? Why is teacher the only town apart from you? :/
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:51 pm

Post by bugspray »

In post 260, teacher wrote:
Jumping into this because I view it as a procedural question rather than one seeking thought-process
Okay so obviously I'm asking a bunch of questions (which is good?) but what are you trying to describe here when you categorize the questions?
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:58 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 265, gardenia wrote:
In post 263, JacksonVirgo wrote:I haven't been that active, mainly because I had a lot of stuff happening the past day. But here are my current reads. If I missed anyone, they're null.
---- Town ----
Teacher
JV

---- Null ----
Datis
Uncrowned

---- Scum ----
FormerFish
Marionette
Is this in order? Why is teacher higher than you? Why is teacher the only town apart from you? :/
No, not in order. And I don't have much reads on anyone else, so to the null they go.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:01 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 267, JacksonVirgo wrote:
---- Town ----
Teacher
JV

---- Null ----
Datis
Uncrowned

---- Scum ----
FormerFish
Marionette
No, not in order. And I don't have much reads on anyone else, so to the null they go.
9 people, 1 tr + yourself, 2 scum and 2 null. 3 people not listed, you say to throw them to the nulls. Why did Dat and Unc get a null designation while the others are null be default?
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:05 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 268, Formerfish wrote:
---- Town ----
Teacher
JV

---- Null ----
Datis
Uncrowned

---- Scum ----
FormerFish
Marionette
9 people, 1 tr + yourself, 2 scum and 2 null. 3 people not listed, you say to throw them to the nulls. Why did Dat and Unc get a null designation while the others are null be default?
Because I totally didn't forget their names
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:10 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 266, bugspray wrote:
In post 260, teacher wrote:
Jumping into this because I view it as a procedural question rather than one seeking thought-process
Okay so obviously I'm asking a bunch of questions (which is good?) but what are you trying to describe here when you categorize the questions?
It’s considered good form not to answer a question directed to another slot, even if you know the answer, as the questioner may be looking for tone or thought process from the person they directed the question to, rather than looking for the substantive answer. I was explaining why I was deviating from that general practice in this instance - I was pretty confident you cared about the answer, not how it was answered.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:11 pm

Post by bugspray »

Thanks for teaching me, Teacher.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:17 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 269, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 268, Formerfish wrote:
---- Town ----
Teacher
JV

---- Null ----
Datis
Uncrowned

---- Scum ----
FormerFish
Marionette
Because I totally didn't forget their names
Why me above you? Normally I’d see that as a good way for a PR to soft a result, but we don’t allow N0 actions?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:30 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

@teacher I like the reaction test, seems like a town move.

@gyro This is a game of reads, we need them for early game info.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:40 pm

Post by bugspray »

In post 272, teacher wrote:a good way for a PR to soft a result, but we don’t allow N0 actions?
What is softing a result and why is that a useful thing to do if a cop (or other role... bonus question what other roles want to do this) gets a specific inspect (and what inspect would the cop want?)