Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 274, bugspray wrote:
In post 272, teacher wrote:a good way for a PR to soft a result, but we don’t allow N0 actions?
What is softing a result and why is that a useful thing to do if a cop (or other role... bonus question what other roles want to do this) gets a specific inspect (and what inspect would the cop want?)
Asking for a friend I am sure...
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:48 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 274, bugspray wrote:
In post 272, teacher wrote:a good way for a PR to soft a result, but we don’t allow N0 actions?
What is softing a result and why is that a useful thing to do if a cop (or other role... bonus question what other roles want to do this) gets a specific inspect (and what inspect would the cop want?)
Softing a result is providing a clue that is obvious after you are dead. Town PRs want to leave crumbs/sorts of information they learned so that it is obvious if they die before they hardclaim.

For example, a cop doesn’t want to claim D2 so they aren’t killed/roleblocked N2. But they also want town to know of an innocent result on D3 even if they are killed N2 by pure luck. So they should try to crumb the result (positioning in readslist, a start of day post saying “I read over XXX’s ISO during the break and they are town bc (made up reason)”, or something like that, so that when they are flipped cop town can still find their info.

Crumbs/sorts are useful for any PR that gains info town doesn’t have. Typically investigative PRs, but also protectives after a no-kill. In addition, crumbs can be used to support ones claim in the event two players claim the same role—you can show you softed it before and so are more credible.

Not everyone uses them, not all the time, but that’s what they are.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:06 pm

Post by Micc »

Votecount 1.05
Uncrowned (2) -
gardenia, JacksonVirgo
Gyro Zeppeli (2) -
Uncrowned, teacher
teacher (1) -
Marionette
gardenia (1) -
Gyro Zeppeli
Marionette (1) -
Datisi
bugspray (1) -
Formerfish

Not Voting (1) -
bugspray

With 9 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2019-11-07 20:25:00).
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I'm leaning towards changing my vote to Marionette soon if we don't get any input from her.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by bugspray »

I think it would be more prudent to await a prod and potential replace than to just kill someone for being inactive.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:20 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

That's fair too. I just think it's odd that she: Replaced in, answered questions from RQS, cast a mostly random vote with no reference to earlier interactions during the game, and then remained silent from that point on. Just seems a bit off to me.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:21 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 272, teacher wrote:
In post 269, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 268, Formerfish wrote:
In post 267, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 265, gardenia wrote:
In post 263, JacksonVirgo wrote:I haven't been that active, mainly because I had a lot of stuff happening the past day. But here are my current reads. If I missed anyone, they're null.
---- Town ----
Teacher
JV

---- Null ----
Datis
Uncrowned

---- Scum ----
FormerFish
Marionette
Is this in order? Why is teacher higher than you? Why is teacher the only town apart from you? :/
No, not in order. And I don't have much reads on anyone else, so to the null they go.
9 people, 1 tr + yourself, 2 scum and 2 null. 3 people not listed, you say to throw them to the nulls. Why did Dat and Unc get a null designation while the others are null be default?
Because I totally didn't forget their names
Why me above you? Normally I’d see that as a good way for a PR to soft a result, but we don’t allow N0 actions?
I literally just listed the players I remembered and sorted them into where I saw them. There is absolutely no order to anything... so stop
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:26 pm

Post by teacher »

Spoiler: long thread
In post 281, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 263, JacksonVirgo wrote:I haven't been that active, mainly because I had a lot of stuff happening the past day. But here are my current reads. If I missed anyone, they're null.
---- Town ----
Teacher
JV

---- Null ----
Datis
Uncrowned

---- Scum ----
FormerFish
Marionette
Is this in order? Why is teacher higher than you? Why is teacher the only town apart from you? :/
No, not in order. And I don't have much reads on anyone else, so to the null they go.
9 people, 1 tr + yourself, 2 scum and 2 null. 3 people not listed, you say to throw them to the nulls. Why did Dat and Unc get a null designation while the others are null be default?
Why me above you? Normally I’d see that as a good way for a PR to soft a result, but we don’t allow N0 actions?
I literally just listed the players I remembered and sorted them into where I saw them. There is absolutely no order to anything... so stop

No, not how this game works. You question until you’re satisfied. I’m not.

I don’t believe you remembered me before you. That’s an ego problem/contrary to how most people perceive the world . I think to remembered to add yourself after sorting me. But at that point, why not also add the others you forgot?

I’m not saying this is necessarily ai. I’m saying it’s abnormal behavior. So no, I don’t take kindly to being asked to stop when I’m repeating a question you didn’t directly answer.
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:36 pm

Post by gardenia »

In post 279, bugspray wrote:I think it would be more prudent to await a prod and potential replace than to just kill someone for being inactive.
We're not killing, we're pressuring people to come out and talk (correct me if I'm wrong). Imo, it makes sense because no one wants to get lynched. If you're not going to do it, I might soon.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 2:44 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 283, gardenia wrote:
In post 279, bugspray wrote:I think it would be more prudent to await a prod and potential replace than to just kill someone for being inactive.
We're not killing, we're pressuring people to come out and talk (correct me if I'm wrong). Imo, it makes sense because no one wants to get lynched. If you're not going to do it, I might soon.
Definitely not trying to kill, just want Mario to give some insight.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:31 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 282, teacher wrote:
Spoiler: long thread
In post 281, JacksonVirgo wrote:
---- Town ----
Teacher
JV

---- Null ----
Datis
Uncrowned

---- Scum ----
FormerFish
Marionette

No, not how this game works. You question until you’re satisfied. I’m not.

I don’t believe you remembered me before you. That’s an ego problem/contrary to how most people perceive the world . I think to remembered to add yourself after sorting me. But at that point, why not also add the others you forgot?

I’m not saying this is necessarily ai. I’m saying it’s abnormal behavior. So no, I don’t take kindly to being asked to stop when I’m repeating a question you didn’t directly answer.
I added myself afterwards as a joke because I was 'townreading' myself, you're reading into it too much.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:35 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 285, JacksonVirgo wrote:you're reading into it too much.
Reading into things is what this game is.

I dont ever put myself in my reads lists because I know what I am and I will show people what I want them to see from me. As a newer player I feel like I would have included myself, but as the top, because I would have started form there and built the list around it, but I would have had most everyone on there as well.

I guess I need to look back at the last v. his 3 unlisted nulls and see if I can see anything worth seeing.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:41 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 263, JacksonVirgo wrote:---- Town ----
Teacher (49 posts)
JV

---- Null ----
Datis/Salad (21 posts herself, 19 as salad)
Uncrowned (26 posts)

---- Scum ----
FormerFish (55 posts)
Marionette (2 posts)
Doesnt mention Gyro (13 posts), bugspray/Chibberino (11 as bug, 48 as Chibro), or gardenia (16 posts).

I guess my biggest issue here is that Mario gets a scum read off of 2 posts, but you dont even remember Chichichib at all? Nothing in G & G's isos that tickled your taint?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:47 pm

Post by bugspray »

I find JV's reasons to put themself last in townreads pretty reasonable but it doesn't explain all of the other jank with that tier list

forgetting me is excusable because chibi and I while filling the same slot are being super different which i guess might have confused them but there's a lot to be desired.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:18 pm

Post by bugspray »

L-2 VOTE:
uncrowned

apparently wagons are good? also this player (who should set a pronoun so I can refer to this player more easily) seems to react weirdly to having "heat" in a way i slightly scumread
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:20 pm

Post by gardenia »

^ I'm sorry but that rubbed me the wrong way. My vote was a random vote - I don't want to be put into a wagon.

VOTE: Marionette because you're still the person I want to talk to the most.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:26 pm

Post by Datisi »

@bugspray
In post 289, bugspray wrote:L-2 VOTE:
uncrowned

apparently wagons are good? also this player (who should set a pronoun so I can refer to this player more easily) seems to react weirdly to having "heat" in a way i slightly scumread
Can you please show me where Uncrowned reacted to heat in a way you scumread? I thought his replies to my pressuring were quite Towny.

And can you please answer my question?
In post 251, Datisi wrote:
In post 206, Datisi wrote:
In post 199, bugspray wrote:but at the end of the reading for some reason my gut made me think that fish and gardenia are maf...
Can you please elaborate on this?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:30 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 290, gardenia wrote:^ I'm sorry but that rubbed me the wrong way. My vote was a random vote -
I don't want to be put into a wagon.

VOTE: Marionette because you're still the person
I want to talk to the most.
Bolded- why dont you wanna be on a wagon? How are you going to get a read off him without that pressure.

Italics- This is a tactic that new scum often uses because it makes it look like you are being active and are making a pressure push, but you are basically naked voting that slot and saying that you want them to post, which is why you voted them which defeats the purpose of the vote in the first place because now the guy knows why you are voitng him and how to change.

But until then your vote is being used, but in a way that is not likely to do any damage at all.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:34 pm

Post by Datisi »

@teacher
In post 264, teacher wrote:
In post 187, Uncrowned wrote:but I feel like the vote on Fish is the easiest one to make at the moment, since he's been the most aggressive player thus far.
This is very true. I know Fish well, which is why I voted him -- I thought he would be easy to wagon and I wanted to give people looking for lhf some "cover", being willing to scumread those who joined without independent reasons. Thats not how it played out, with only Gardenia joining. I got some tweaks from how Gyro kept his options open on the apparent leading wagons of Fish and me (even pairing us), but no other biters.

Anyways, now that I have outed the semi-reaction test, its time to
VOTE: Gyro
from its results, and for general lack of advancing content.
So, how serious were the "accusations" in , , , ? And what do you make of gardenia's vote?

And semi-off-topic, I thought the quiet/lurky players were the easiest to vote/wagon?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:37 pm

Post by Datisi »

FF, I gave sorta similar reasoning for my Mari vote (why are people calling her Mario...), not gonna comment there?
~M
gardenia
gardenia
Townie
gardenia
Townie
Townie

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:41 pm

Post by gardenia »

In post 292, Formerfish wrote:
In post 290, gardenia wrote:^ I'm sorry but that rubbed me the wrong way. My vote was a random vote -
I don't want to be put into a wagon.

VOTE: Marionette because you're still the person
I want to talk to the most.
Bolded- why dont you wanna be on a wagon? How are you going to get a read off him without that pressure.

Italics- This is a tactic that new scum often uses because it makes it look like you are being active and are making a pressure push, but you are basically naked voting that slot and saying that you want them to post, which is why you voted them which defeats the purpose of the vote in the first place because now the guy knows why you are voitng him and how to change.

But until then your vote is being used, but in a way that is not likely to do any damage at all.
Bolded - It's not that I don't want to be in a wagon - I don't want to be /put/ into a wagon. Bugspray is basically using my vote to wagon and I just didn't like that.
Italics - Sorry I don't get what you're trying to say. True my vote isn't doing much, but I'm putting it in a place I want it go? I /do/ want to talk to Mario cause she hasn't really been active and especially cause I asked her a question pages ago and she never responded.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:42 pm

Post by bugspray »

@bugspray
In post 289, bugspray wrote:L-2 VOTE:
uncrowned

Can you please show me where Uncrowned reacted to heat in a way you scumread? I thought his replies to my pressuring were quite Towny. [/quote][/quote]
i'd rather not give anything specific so that he knows what not to do again
In post 291, Datisi wrote: And can you please answer my question?
In post 251, Datisi wrote:
In post 206, Datisi wrote:
In post 199, bugspray wrote:but at the end of the reading for some reason my gut made me think that fish and gardenia are maf...
Can you please elaborate on this?
ah sorry thought i answered this before. looks like a post i thought i made got eaten when i clicked submit and closed the tab when it gave the "these are new posts btw, click again or edit and stuff" page to me
it was literally only where he was sort of distancing from her and i was like aha my brain will try to find pairs when really I didn't consider how that's just sort of an inefficient way to think about who might be the scums. seeing people try to not be associated is something i'd sort of expect mafias to do to help setup for a later game situation where its lylo (lynch correctly or lose?)

@dai "MARIO-nette"

HOLY CRAP stop posting whole i try to post this is gonna be like 10000 lines long
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:43 pm

Post by bugspray »

meant to write while not whole but cant edit for typos so rip
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:50 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 296, bugspray wrote:seeing people try to not be associated is something i'd sort of expect mafias to do to help setup for a later game situation where its lylo (lynch correctly or lose?)

@dai "MARIO-nette"
Yeah sure, not being associated together is good for the scum. But unless those interactions are done extremely poorly, you likely won't correctly spot them on Day 1 - and I know it sounds a bit sarcastic/offensive maybe, but s'just how it is.

And I get that, but Mario is a male name, you can shorten it to Mari which is both feminine AND has one letter fewer.
~M
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:09 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 294, Datisi wrote:FF, I gave sorta similar reasoning for my Mari vote (why are people calling her Mario...), not gonna comment there?
I dont remember you voting. Also, no. I pick and choose what I wanna talk about. I dont care about your vote or slot right now.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.