eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:06 pm

Post by eth0s »

Official Vote Count 1.17

LynchingWith 9 living players it takes 5 votes to lynch.

Formerfish
(2): alimdia, Yodavader

Yodavader
(2): EspeciallyTheLies, Geyde

alimdia
(1): Formerfish

TheGildedSun
(1): faüstiv

Farren
(1): TheGildedSun

Not Voting
(2): Farren, Radja

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-11-03 12:50:00).

Mod notes:
n/a[/area]
Last edited by eth0s on Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 1:07 pm

Post by eth0s »

alimdia replaces Chibiie.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:45 pm

Post by Yodavader »

In post 343, Geyde wrote:
-snip-

I'm not blind here, right?
I'm not seeing any pretense of solving from this slot just based off of this post.

Comment on 297
Town has no reason to say this
Scum would want to blend

"Yes I am definitely not scum."
"Posting this achieves assuring players that I am town."
Hyperbole, but that's all that comment accomplishes at this point (p1-2 posting this would be fine tbh, but Yoda doesn't strike me as the shitposting type)
I was just referencing how in our last game, Chibiie played a really good town and NK'd me on Night 3. They ended up winning the next day. I figured any kind of response to this point would elicit a WIFOM response, so I just went with it.
Comment on 297/285
These don't push gamestate forward in meaningful ways, but eh they seem to fall in line with the rest of their comments

Comment on 310
ew
None of his townreads even had progression (minus Chibiie) beyond just this post where he suddenly believes I'm likely town (seen in his comment on 285 with how he phrases it).
He even says Farren/Chibiie tvt, but has them at null for nondescript reasons that haven't been elaborated on in the slightest.
It's weird and I don't think this flip flop with no rep in thread comes from town, and I can't see what in thread would provoke this change of thought from TownPoV
I did say that I thought that Farren/Chibiie was likely TvT but I never said that they both were town. All my null reads are still town leans.
In post 346, Farren wrote:Yoda: since you stated your stance on lynch vs. no-lynch in , I assume you're satisfied with the answers you got. What was your goal in asking about it?
I figured I would answer since the game was moving on and not too many people answered. I'm someone who doesn't like to bring up minor group questions, even if it's mine, after the moment has passed. My whole goal was to gauge the probability of a no lynch happening. As Chibiie stated before he was released, there needs to be a wagon. I hate having no lynches. I have only been in 1 game in my whole forums career that a day ended in a no lynch. So yes, if it comes down to it, I will self hammer to stop a no lynch from happening. As long as town wins, I will be happy.
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:46 pm

Post by alimdia »

Hi guys,

Fish's different RV questions - did they ever get 'used' to deduce anything?

page 1:
ETL votes on Gilded for being nervous, but withdraws when learning they are new
Spartan jumps on bandwagon following ETL
GildedSun seems to be softclaiming?

Fish attacks ETL for 'pushing'
page 2: #33, Fish tries to shut down conversation about the gilded sun vote unnaturally
#41 Fish says 'your pushes have been on town so far' - slip? saying GildedSun is town for sure?

For ETL #47, isn't it a 2 to 1 trade? Since most likely someone will die in NKs?

ETl voted for GildedSun at 6:53am, saying that it was a real vote. They had a resolution shortly after and ETL retracted the vote at 8:13am. I realise our timezones
are most likely different, but thats still 1 hour 20 mins apart. In that time, Fish hasn't posted anything, and thus follows my argument.
In #58, Fish said that he read the other push as being on newb town before ETL backed off, in that case why didn't Fish defend GildedSun withint that time?
If fish wasn't online, then how is it possible that "he read the other push as being on newb town before ETL backed off". I think his was more likely
mentioned after the fact to cover up for his 'town push' slip in #41. Fish is an experienced player though however?

ETL townread
Spartan slightly suspicious
Farren seems to be making posts of substance, but those could be coming from both town and scum sides. (a big example is about understanding Spartan's timewarping)

Even tho Fish seems scummy, the speed of the wagon is even more suspicious (yoda and spartan)

No comment on Gdog's spot prior to replacement. After replacement it seems alright.
At some point, faust doesnt like the gdog wagon, doesn't defend it directly though
Yoda agrees with fish vote but stays on gdog?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:48 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 353, alimdia wrote:Fish's different RV questions - did they ever get 'used' to deduce anything?
Not really, not enough people participated and its the first time im using them, so its more of a long game thing than a short one.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:49 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 353, alimdia wrote:Hi guys,

Fish's different RV questions - did they ever get 'used' to deduce anything?

page 1:
ETL votes on Gilded for being nervous, but withdraws when learning they are new
Spartan jumps on bandwagon following ETL
GildedSun seems to be softclaiming?

Fish attacks ETL for 'pushing'
page 2: #33, Fish tries to shut down conversation about the gilded sun vote unnaturally
#41 Fish says 'your pushes have been on town so far' - slip? saying GildedSun is town for sure?

For ETL #47, isn't it a 2 to 1 trade? Since most likely someone will die in NKs?

ETl voted for GildedSun at 6:53am, saying that it was a real vote. They had a resolution shortly after and ETL retracted the vote at 8:13am. I realise our timezones
are most likely different, but thats still 1 hour 20 mins apart. In that time, Fish hasn't posted anything, and thus follows my argument.
In #58, Fish said that he read the other push as being on newb town before ETL backed off, in that case why didn't Fish defend GildedSun withint that time?
If fish wasn't online, then how is it possible that "he read the other push as being on newb town before ETL backed off". I think his was more likely
mentioned after the fact to cover up for his 'town push' slip in #41. Fish is an experienced player though however?

ETL townread
Spartan slightly suspicious
Farren seems to be making posts of substance, but those could be coming from both town and scum sides. (a big example is about understanding Spartan's timewarping)

Even tho Fish seems scummy, the speed of the wagon is even more suspicious (yoda and spartan)

No comment on Gdog's spot prior to replacement. After replacement it seems alright.
At some point, faust doesnt like the gdog wagon, doesn't defend it directly though
Yoda agrees with fish vote but stays on gdog?
is this just a condensing of the thread so far, this is a whole lot of iioa
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:50 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 187, faüstiv wrote:His reads on Farren/Former echo mine. I think there’s definitely one scum in there. As I said I can’t see them both being scum at this stage due to Farren’s vote on Fish. I don’t think scum places a vote on the partner that early on in the game.
Interesting that faustiv just sheeped Chibile's (the person I rep'ed) reads. Will take note of that.
Note that Radja's reads also align with ETL's but at least he wrote it out independently and didn't just say "Same as X"
I don't understand Fish's posts #196-200 within a span of 15 minutes? I think it is quite clear what Chibile was talking about. At this point after the first few pages, Fish has stopped providing substance.

I agree with the Fish/Farren scumteam possibility.

Geyde went from attacking Fish, to withdrawing it "reaching atp", and then basically ignoring fish afterwards. Something to remember!

So far I think my scumreads are: Yoda, Fish and potentially Geyde/Farren if Fish is scum
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:57 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 355, Formerfish wrote:
is this just a condensing of the thread so far, this is a whole lot of iioa
Its a bit of both, but I'm not sure how that is 'only condensing' when I put my reads of ETL town, spartan's slot being slightly suspicious, and that Farren could be scum while Fish is scummy.
I will post again when I get off work regarding my read of Yoda.
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:10 am

Post by alimdia »

Yoda, how are null reads town leaning? Or do I have a different understanding of null?
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:19 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

In post 356, alimdia wrote:the
Radja brought up a really good point though that there is very little opposition to a Fish lynch. That raises some questions whether or not he will actually flip red. This of course could mean many of things, A. Fish isn't mafia and we've been mislead by the mafia, B. Fish is mafia and his teammate was bussing him in order to appear less suspicious, C. Fish is mafia which would make Geyde's sudden withdrawl suspicious D. Fish is not mafia but mafia isn't making any pushes to lynch him

Farren's calm under the accusations he's received make me feel a little better about his potential alignment, but then again he's a good player so he could just be very good at wording to appear less stressed. I don't know though. I don't feel like lynching Fish at this point is our best bet, especially if Yoda is scum. His vote is on Fish and it's hard to say if Fish isn't mafia or Fish would be his team and he's just bussing him.

I think the team is Farren/Yoda.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:33 am

Post by Yodavader »

In post 358, alimdia wrote:Yoda, how are null reads town leaning? Or do I have a different understanding of null?
That's just my way personal way of thinking. Everything above scum is townleaning unless otherwise posted. If someone is leaning scum, then they would be on the scum side but just higher on the list. But other than that, the people in the sections are interchangeable in their position unless otherwise posted also. So a second and third position townie are the same in my eyes, the second position is not townier than the third position.
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:25 am

Post by Radja »

I've got some Halloween stuff going on today so I won't be around much. Just wanted to point out I'm happy with alimdia's content so far.

I have only skimmed Farren's last few posts but I'm likely voting there once I can find some time to properly read them through.
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:54 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 358, alimdia wrote:Yoda, how are null reads town leaning? Or do I have a different understanding of null?
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:58 am

In post 360, Yodavader wrote:That's just my way personal way of thinking. Everything above scum is townleaning unless otherwise posted. If someone is leaning scum, then they would be on the scum side but just higher on the list. But other than that, the people in the sections are interchangeable in their position unless otherwise posted also. So a second and third position townie are the same in my eyes, the second position is not townier than the third position.
This is made up nonsense imo.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:06 am

Ok maybe not.

UNVOTE:

I just read his ISO in his last completed town game. He had identical looking readslists and progression regarding nulls and "townleans" being called nulls.

I need to reread thread here.
Art is cool.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:39 am

Post by Farren »

So let's see.

Yoda: answers my question in good faith.
Fish: answers my question in good faith, although responding to alimdia (who asked the same question I did): eh, close enough.
Radja: ignores my question, says he's "likely" going to vote me after reading what I say, which tells me he doesn't actually care what I've said. So that puts him in the same bucket as Chibiie was in. Except Chibiie at least had the excuse of a drawn-out engagement with me; those can be distorting in the heat of the moment. Radja doesn't even have that. Said he skimmed what I said, but the question to him was a single line clearly addressed to him - I don't find it plausible that he could have missed that, even skimming.

VOTE: Radja
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:44 am

Post by Farren »

In post 352, Yodavader wrote:I figured I would answer since the game was moving on and not too many people answered. I'm someone who doesn't like to bring up minor group questions, even if it's mine, after the moment has passed. My whole goal was to gauge the probability of a no lynch happening. As Chibiie stated before he was released, there needs to be a wagon. I hate having no lynches. I have only been in 1 game in my whole forums career that a day ended in a no lynch. So yes, if it comes down to it, I will self hammer to stop a no lynch from happening. As long as town wins, I will be happy.
What about the gamestate leads you to be concerned about no lynch?

Most of my games have been played with plurality lynch, so I'll admit I don't have as much of an ingrained worry about the deadline triggering it as others might. But the way I see it, we've got three days left to come to a consensus. Should be more than sufficient.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:46 am

Post by Farren »

alimdia: have you looked over much of what your predecessor posted? Can you see anything he posted that you disagree with?
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:47 am

Post by Radja »

Lol okay

I will address your question when I find time to properly read everything you posted. I thought that was pretty clear.

The fact that you vote me out of the blue for that reason is pretty horrible though. You can have my vote now if you want it this badly.
VOTE: Farren
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:48 am

Post by Radja »

Now I regret checking on this game on my phone lol
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:51 am

Post by Farren »

In post 368, Radja wrote:Lol okay

I will address your question when I find time to properly read everything you posted. I thought that was pretty clear.

The fact that you vote me out of the blue for that reason is pretty horrible though. You can have my vote now if you want it this badly.
VOTE: Farren
Totally unsurprising. Dare I say, predictable.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:41 am

Post by faüstiv »

want to explain my GildedSun vote a bit more.

So Sun thought my vote on her was scummy (14, 20, 21) and at the time her tone seemed more likely to come from town than scum, but since then there has been some inconsistencies in her play.

In 115 she places a vote on Gdoooog, putting him at L2

178:
I assume there is no use for this but when I received the initial vote
I actually wasn't panic-stricken, that was not where my response was coming from. I was much more curious?
I didn't know random votes on D1 were a common practice and I actually thought the vote on me was fascinating in a way, because to my beliefs at the time there was no valid reason to suspect me. Which I later was told why I had been voted, just as a random vote for the reason to get people to talk/open up. (Which would then lead into reads) I've gotten myself into hot water due to my peculiar response and now I know I can't really do anything to justify myself at the moment other than watch it all play out.
This contradicts her tone in her earlier posts when I placed my vote.
First of all, I'd like to propose the question: that being why? What have I done to raise your suspicions of me? Nothing. I have had yet to post and you've already wrongly accused me of being scum.
That's not what I meant... I'm just struggling to understand why people are random voting. To me it seems like a rather inefficient manner of eliminating the mafia, and with faüstiv's vote it only raises my suspicions of them, after all a common mafia tactic is to vote for an innocent to get leverage over the town not only at night but also at day via lynch.
Voting me out will only assist the Mafia in gaining leverage as I swear to you I am town aligned... I will not Role Claim unless you absolutely require me to do so in order to "prove" my innocence, especially as it is advised against in means of narrowing down town, but I am ever so happy to cooperate.

I appear "nervous" as I do not wish to be voted out, especially on D1 of such a long game.
She does mention curiosity in 21, yes, but nothing in these 3 responses suggests curiosity to me.

202 looks like scum blending in, giving their thoughts on Farren whilst also providing no real thoughts on Farren. Farren was the hot topic at this stage of the game. Why would TheGildedSun feel compelled to make this statement as town:
I dont have any judgement on Farren, but if I had to state an opinion on him it's kind of vague. I mean, he said a lot of things on page 6 without a whole lot of backing. He's asked a lot of questions, so honestly I believe we should return the favor and ask him some things too.
TheGildedSun also never asks Farren a question.

293 she outs a readlist with reasonings which read as flimsy at best. Considering the fact that I intentionally didn't respond to TheGildedSun after she asked me a question to see if the slot would squirm more, this seems like a really odd progression given she was accusing me so early on. I'm a safe TR for scum to make because I'm a difficult lynch today. Same for ETL. She outs a scumread on FormerFish (a player who has received a lot of heat in this game) again giving really weak reasoning behind the vote. There are reasons to SR FF, but I don't think the reasoning she gave and the post she quoted (120) is a post which would definitively convince someone that that person is scum.

299:
specifically against Faust left a bad taste in my mouth. The types of people who appear desperate to convince everyone else that a certain person is mafia always stick out like a sore thumb. These two people that I have mentioned, Faust and ETL, are both open minded, listen to the other players, but don't automatically jump onto a wagon without reasoning. (Which is often associated with scum behavior, as it can be an easy way to get a townsperson killed in the day.)
Fair enough, but Chibiie has literally been on three hot wagons this game, yet TheGildedSun hasn't voted them once. She actually TR's Chiibie even though she thinks jumping on wagons is scummy.

339 she votes Farren.

359 she thinks Farren and Yoda are the team, which to me seems like a weird progression, given that she had outted no read on Yoda previously.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Post by eth0s »

;
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:47 am

Post by eth0s »

;
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:47 am

Post by eth0s »

;