Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:26 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 324, teacher wrote:understand why he outted how I use the rqs questions.
Listen brother, can i call you that?

I dont know how many times i need to explain it to you.

I saw someone doing something that he had just seen you do as scum in another game. I think that made him scum in this game and I called him on it.

Who gives a shit if thats how you use them, I wanted to know about him using them in this game.

Are you scum with that slot here again in this game?
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:35 pm

Post by bugspray »

What's with the yoink posts?
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:37 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Pagetop stealings
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:42 pm

Post by teacher »

1. ?only if I can call you master?

2. Explain all you want, I ain’t buying. The “something you saw” was using the questions. You can say just that. But you didn’t, you added a detail warning about using the answers. Here it is in case you forgot:
In post 63, Formerfish wrote:Dude, you legit got those questions from your first game when you were scum with teacher, he even explains how he uses them to hunt.
I don’t have any issue with the first part. It’s the second part that is weird - I don’t see any reason for it to be there at all-to the extent you’re calling the slot scum, it’s pointing out a towny reason for the play.

3. That’s a terrible question.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:45 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 329, teacher wrote:1. ?only if I can call you master?

2. Explain all you want, I ain’t buying. The “something you saw” was using the questions. You can say just that. But you didn’t, you added a detail warning about using the answers. Here it is in case you forgot:
In post 63, Formerfish wrote:Dude, you legit got those questions from your first game when you were scum with teacher, he even explains how he uses them to hunt.
I don’t have any issue with the first part. It’s the second part that is weird - I don’t see any reason for it to be there at all-to the extent you’re calling the slot scum, it’s pointing out a towny reason for the play.

3. That’s a terrible question.
1. Yes slave.

2. I fail to see what the issue is still. If you aren't scum here then it shouldn't matter that I said what I said, unless you are thinking im warning that slot off from something. Like eli5 because im not connecting what your malfunction is or why the fuck you are harping on this, you are worse than my ex.

3. Fair.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:46 pm

Post by teacher »

Eli5=explain or shut up? I was going to let it die, but datisi asked me about the earlier posts. I’m not connecting either, but am not sure we’ll be able to see the others view on this. That said, happy to try again I’d thats what you were asking.
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:48 pm

Post by bugspray »

In post 323, Datisi wrote:Mate, here's the thing. If you're Town, you understand that lynching Town = very bad no good. And you only know for sure that you yourself are Town. Therefore, if people are trying to lynch you, you know it's a Town lynch incoming. You have to fight it.

Tell me, what happens if every single Town in game goes "lol kill me my death doesn't matter"?
If that happens every game then the townie dies and it creates a disadvantage for their team. Guess I'll have to learn to properly defend because I won't get to do this again :P
But I don't think I feel confident that this town could win if I'm mislyched so I'll try to defend myself for now.

Pls no lynch

But mafia getting lynched is a LOT worse and I feel like they have a tendency to heavily overreact any defend hard.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:49 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 331, teacher wrote:Eli5=explain or shut up? I was going to let it die, but datisi asked me about the earlier posts. I’m not connecting either, but am not sure we’ll be able to see the others view on this. That said, happy to try again I’d thats what you were asking.
Explain, like i legit dont get why you have an issue with e scum hunting off your back in an other game?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:50 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Im making french toast stick bites, its gonna be bomb.

I have whipped cream, chocolate sauce, sprinkle, maple syrup... omgijc.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:02 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 333, Formerfish wrote:
In post 331, teacher wrote:Eli5=explain or shut up? I was going to let it die, but datisi asked me about the earlier posts. I’m not connecting either, but am not sure we’ll be able to see the others view on this. That said, happy to try again I’d thats what you were asking.
Explain, like i legit dont get why you have an issue with e scum hunting off your back in an other game?
No problem with “scum hunting off [my] back”

No problem with pointing out that I used the questions as scum with Chibiie.

Only problem is saying roughly ‘even told you how he uses the answers to hunt’

Because that’s not scumhunting.

That’s either (1) finding a town motivation for the play —- hunting

Or (2) irrelevant to whether he was ‘emulating scum play’, since I didn’t use them there.

So it seemed like an odd nonsequitur to throw in, which made me wonder if it had another purpose (like a warning).that said, I feel like too much has been made of it.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:06 pm

Post by Formerfish »

In post 335, teacher wrote:‘even told you how he uses the answers to hunt’
Because it goes to Chibbies mind set for posing the questions. He saw you do it in his first game, and was trying them out here like a bird stepping out of the nest for the first time.

Should I have let people answer and then pushed him as scum? And if I wanted to send a warning a pt is a much better place for that, and i dont see one around here, do you?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:08 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 63, Formerfish wrote:
Dude, you legit got those questions from your first game when you were scum with teacher,
he even explains how he uses them to hunt
Trying another way, briefly. I’m totally good with the green. That does seems like hunting. It’s the orange I don’t understand/view as a nonsequitur because it provides town reasons to use the questions.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:10 pm

Post by Formerfish »

I dunno man, im usually baked.
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:13 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 336, Formerfish wrote:
In post 335, teacher wrote:‘even told you how he uses the answers to hunt’
Because it goes to Chibbies mind set for posing the questions. He saw you do it in his first game, and was trying them out here like a bird stepping out of the nest for the first time.

Should I have let people answer and then pushed him as scum? And if I wanted to send a warning a pt is a much better place for that, and i dont see one around here, do you?
It does go to Chibiies mind - it introduces a town reason for posing the questions (to emulate how I scumhunt with them).

Like I said, I’m fine w the first part without waiting. It’s the second part - that’s not connected to your push - that I didn’t like.

PT warnings/checkins are not that necessarily reliable in the newb queue, as you well know. Some people only use the forum links to navigate, not knowing how to ego search their way back to threads.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory
Pronoun: he/him, it/its

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:45 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 324, teacher wrote:I’m glad accusations was in quotes - none of those called FF scummy, and all were about only one post of his. I didn’t (and don’t) understand why he outted how I use the rqs questions. To me it’s a bit lamisty (look ma, I do meta) in a way that doesn’t benefit. So I was asking him about it. Those were genuine, but not “accusations” at least to my understanding.
It's in quotes because I couldn't think of what other word to use but knew that "accusations" is wrong.

It's true none of those called FF scummy, but I felt a weird undertone there which could've potentially been setting up the stage for calling him scummy - for reasons I didn't think were scum indicative.

I was gonna wait a bit to see if you do, but then you made the post about "semi-reaction testing", so eh. Almost sorry I'm bringing it up again because I'm starting to feel like it's just NAI talk that's clogging the thread.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:50 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 332, bugspray wrote:But mafia getting lynched is a LOT worse and I feel like they have a tendency to heavily overreact any defend hard.
The way I look at it is:
Town needs two correct lynches to win.
Scum needs three mislynches to win.

Town only has one extra space than scum to be wrong. Every death counts.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:08 pm

Post by Datisi »

Actually...
In post 307, bugspray wrote:I'm not gonna bother defending myself because I've never really been successful at it.
A day 1 mislynch is common on d1 and I don't mind being thee player who is dies like that.
In post 332, bugspray wrote:
But I don't think I feel confident that this town could win if I'm mislyched
so I'll try to defend myself for now.
How serious was this part of 332?
~M
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:20 am

Post by bugspray »

It was completely serious. Reading caused my to change my mind completely about this and take the game a lot more seriously

I think the best way to move to game forward is wait for the Mari prod and potentially the replacement as well.
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:13 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 343, bugspray wrote:I think the best way to move to game forward is wait
No. No, it's not.

Out of 9 players, we have only 5 that are somewhat active/commenting/giving reads/whatever. 5 out of 9. That is an atmosphere in which Town has no bloody chance of surviving.

Hell, you say you're taking the game seriously and that you think Town can't win without your help. Put your money where your mouth is. Comment on things. Discuss. Call people out. Show us that you're Town. Show us who you think is scum.

...and please get a profile picture.
~M
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:42 am

Post by bugspray »

Okay some people who I think are scummy:
Fish because a lot of his posts are useless crap like what his midnight snack is. Also when I consider if I should lynch him I get this different emotional response inside me than considering other people. Idk how to describe it but it's like a "noooo don't" feeling. Just feels like a weird way to stand out I think he may have possibly tried to manipulate us into not wanting him to Lynch him for not logical reasons

Gard feels kinda like a mafia trying to hide behind newbie mask of innocence and isn't posting too often so that nobody can catch her making mistakes.

JV shutting up for this long is probably relaxing and he can take a break room defending himself. The lack of posting now that the heat is off is odd to me.

It's possible a newbie maf could post with partner in the private thread and think oh I'm posting that's good and accidentally neglect posting here which makes me think gard and jv are a bit more sus, although jv certainly does make a high magnitude of weird newb errors if that is the case
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:43 am

Post by bugspray »

Ofc my last point is kinda metareachy
bugspray
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
bugspray
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:46 am

Post by bugspray »

Also like like mari is finally due for a prod...
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:52 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 345, bugspray wrote:It's possible a newbie maf could post with partner in the private thread and think oh I'm posting that's good and accidentally neglect posting here
Usually I'd call this downright impossible, but I've had this exact same thing happening to me in my last scum game a couple of weeks ago... so I'll just call it very unlikely.
In post 346, bugspray wrote:Ofc my last point is kinda metareachy
What exactly do you mean by metareachy?

And yeah, it would be nice to provite some actual examples. Like, do you see Gard making mistakes? If so, where?
~M
Datisi
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Datisi
he/him, it/its
Drawn from Memory
Drawn from Memory

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:52 am

Post by Datisi »

Oh, one more thing.
~M