faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:07 pm

Post by faüstiv »

Yodavader’s last few posts have been good too.

hmmmmmm
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:15 pm

Post by Yodavader »

Since I have had more time to think about it, I do believe that the scum team is Fish/Gilded.

I don't like how Fish keeps trying to derail conversations and both times, it's because someone was talking about Gilded. First being when we were discussing her jumpiness, he wanted to stop the talking and now with faustiv pointing out how he sees her actions.
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:33 pm

Post by alimdia »

In post 399, faüstiv wrote:Chibiie jumped on 3 bandwagons and wanted to speed up the game. That to me is not town motivated, especially when his vote on FormerFish which put him on L1 was made when Gdoooog was still in the game.
Um me = Chibiie.

At the end of that incident, the game was very stagnant. I also read Chibiie's other posts about wanting to die by D2 and what not, I see that just as a frustated player, and since I replaced him, a town being frustrated at the slow pace of the game. At that point, ETL also said that the gdog slot is not going to produce any useful information until they get replaced. Why go after an inactive slot?

By the way, I don't actually know why Chibiie got banned.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:34 pm

Post by Yodavader »

I've been told that inactive slots get taken out because they end up hurting town. You can't read an inactive slot, so why keep it around for an extra day to not produce any info.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:27 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 397, faüstiv wrote:
In post 388, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 387, faüstiv wrote:does no one else find it strange that outside the 'scumpool' of fish, farren, yoda that everyone's reads align EXACTLY the same?
Not here, no. You have to learn how to town hunt just as well as you scumhunt. A town block, if true, is one of the best weapons we have against scum. I can tell you without a doubt you are way off on gilded and chibiie. Try again.
Do you not find GildedSun’s progression to be weird?

She’s even admitted to playing mafia before and knows what bussing is etc. It could just be an act like Yodavader suggested.

I think you’re townreading TheGildedSun far too easily at this stage.
I'm not townreading them because they are new - that's a ridiculous non-sequitur reason to townread or scumread anyone. It's how that newness affects their thought process, which so far has seemed very transparent and town-motivated to me.
In post 398, faüstiv wrote:
In post 389, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:I accept you are entitled to your reads. You are free to continue scumreading them but do me a favor, a little experiment. Assume for a moment both are confirmed town. How do your reads change?
If they were locktown obviously I’d re-evaluate my reads.

I don’t think Farren ever flips scum though.
Ok great, but how do your reads change?
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:29 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 401, Yodavader wrote:I do believe that the scum team is Fish/Gilded.
I just can't get with this program. Is this a PoE read or what's happening here? Can you please list out in bullet-point form your evidence for and against this pairing? How are they scummy as individuals? What links them?
Art is cool.
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:29 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

In post 401, Yodavader wrote:Since I have had more time to think about it, I do believe that the scum team is Fish/Gilded.

I don't like how Fish keeps trying to derail conversations and both times, it's because someone was talking about Gilded. First being when we were discussing her jumpiness, he wanted to stop the talking and now with faustiv pointing out how he sees her actions.
If Fish is truly mafia, and is actually on purpose trying to defend me to make me appear suspicious, then this is the mafia fooling a newbie town player.

If my reads haven't been consistent, it's because I'm extremely bad at reading people, even in real life, and I'm not used to looking into every little thing people say. Especially when it's typed so there's no tone of voice etc.

I'd really like to hear some more of your reasoning as to why I'm mafia, Yoda. Is there anything else that stood out to you in specific?
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:32 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

In post 387, faüstiv wrote:does no one else find it strange that outside the 'scumpool' of fish, farren, yoda that everyone's reads align EXACTLY the same?
Not here, no. You have to learn how to town hunt just as well as you scumhunt. A town block, if true, is one of the best weapons we have against scum. I can tell you without a doubt you are way off on gilded and chibiie. Try again.

She’s even admitted to playing mafia before and knows what bussing is etc. It could just be an act like Yodavader suggested.

False, the version of Mafia I played was much more gamified and was a smart phone app, this is my second ever iteration of playing forum based mafia with all these terms, the previous I must admit I had no idea what I was doing and was very inactive + only some of the terms were in use.

I've actually been using the glossary on the Wiki page. It's really helpful as I try to warm up to the terminology on here.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:42 am

Post by faüstiv »

In post 402, alimdia wrote:
In post 399, faüstiv wrote:Chibiie jumped on 3 bandwagons and wanted to speed up the game. That to me is not town motivated, especially when his vote on FormerFish which put him on L1 was made when Gdoooog was still in the game.
Um me = Chibiie.

At the end of that incident, the game was very stagnant. I also read Chibiie's other posts about wanting to die by D2 and what not, I see that just as a frustated player, and since I replaced him, a town being frustrated at the slow pace of the game. At that point, ETL also said that the gdog slot is not going to produce any useful information until they get replaced. Why go after an inactive slot?

By the way, I don't actually know why Chibiie got banned.
he threatened to DDOS someone in another game
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:09 am

Post by alimdia »

In post 403, Yodavader wrote:I've been told that inactive slots get taken out because they end up hurting town. You can't read an inactive slot, so why keep it around for an extra day to not produce any info.
Is that the meta here? I thought there was other suspicious activity at the time
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:11 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 408, faüstiv wrote:he threatened to DDOS someone in another game
Game is ongoing. Please don't talk about it.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Yodavader
Yodavader
Goon
Yodavader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:42 am

Post by Yodavader »

In post 409, alimdia wrote:
In post 403, Yodavader wrote:I've been told that inactive slots get taken out because they end up hurting town. You can't read an inactive slot, so why keep it around for an extra day to not produce any info.
Is that the meta here? I thought there was other suspicious activity at the time
I don't know if it's meta here but I think that's the overall feeling. It could just be me though.
Geyde
Geyde
Goon
Geyde
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:25 am

Post by Geyde »

Didn't check in because of Halloween
I'll reread in a bit
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:23 am

Post by faüstiv »

In post 407, TheGildedSun wrote:

False, the version of Mafia I played was much more gamified and was a smart phone app, this is my second ever iteration of playing forum based mafia with all these terms, the previous I must admit I had no idea what I was doing and was very inactive + only some of the terms were in use.

I've actually been using the glossary on the Wiki page. It's really helpful as I try to warm up to the terminology on here.
What mobile game is this and can you link that game where you were scum?
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:26 am

Post by faüstiv »

In post 410, Formerfish wrote:
Have you got anything to add to the game? Any reads or anything?

You might be lynched so out them NOW
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:38 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

In post 413, faüstiv wrote:
In post 407, TheGildedSun wrote:

What mobile game is this and can you link that game where you were scum?
Mobile game: Mafia Mystery. I played about 2 years ago and quit because the community became really toxic.

Forum game link: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/2764093/1

I was foxtracks.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:27 am

Post by Farren »

In post 382, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:So, two possibly scum driven wagons led by Geyde and Farren, in counter to a wagon on one of those two. This is classic mafia theory at play.

VOTE: farren
*raised eyebrow*

I can summarize that really easily. You believe five other people besides yourself are Town with varying but mostly strong degrees of confidence, think fish is disconnected, obviously don't scum read yourself, ergo Geyde and I must be scum. That's PoE; nothing more.

What specifically do you find at fault with Geyde's reasoning? () Or mine? () How does that contrast with:

GildedSun ( - wants an answer to a question, gets it, no response, follow-up, or acknowledgment of it whatsoever);
Yoda ( - wants to "start a wagon" - heck, you yourself called his reasoning "gross" in - he responded in ; you never responded. hm ... more followup in , might be something there?)
faustiv (vote in 277; explanation in - other than the wrong bit about GildedSun not asking me a question, his reasoning looks pretty good, but it comes to a conclusion you disagree with)
Radja ( - doesn't like my reasoning but doesn't say why; just denigrates it)

alimdia's vote's a carryover from Chibiie's; you don't list fish as Town.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:28 am

Post by Farren »

alimdia: are you happy with where your vote is? Your predecessor had his vote on fish when he left the game.
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:35 am

Post by Farren »

In post 386, faüstiv wrote:With the amount of similar reads players have shared at similar points during the game, I can definitely see scum hiding amongst them making the same reads.

Like why has no one but Fish questioned me?

Why are me, ETL, Radja, Chiibie universal TR's?

Why are Fish, Yoda, Farren universal scumreads?

Scum are manipulating this.
I've questioned you - but I don't think that impacts your argument any.

I didn't TR you initially, although I do now. I TR'd ETL initially; not as strong as it was at the start, but still. Radja and Chibiie as of when he replaced out both scummy. alimdia looks better than Chibiie so far, although that's not saying much. Again, though - I don't think that impacts your argument, given the third statement.

I agree with your conclusion.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:40 am

Post by faüstiv »

UNVOTE:

sometimes you’ve got to shake the tree to see what falls.

VOTE: alimdia
Farren
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Farren
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:47 am

Post by Farren »

In post 394, alimdia wrote:@Farren, who would you willing to lynch out of {Yoda, Fish, Geyde} if your Radja wagon isn't happening?

@Farren, in addition to #392, I'll like to add that in #245, Chibiie townleans Radja. I'm not too keen on that just because Radja posted a wall that aligns with what Chibiie said.
My playstyle is that I rarely have more than 1-2 solid town reads at a time.
Not willing to lynch Geyde. His progression looks realistic. He's questioning the basic assumptions.

I'd put both Fish and Yoda into the "willing to lynch" category right now. I should put both of them on the meta research list.

Thank you for addressing my question. I get worried when I see a replacement march too much in lockstep with their predecessor; that usually means agenda / scum.
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:49 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

UNVOTE: Farren

I'm not so confident in what to think anymore.

The idea that scum have tricked us all seems more and more likely.
I'm confused as to why ETL defends me so much even though I've dug myself into a hole quite a few times.
faüstiv
faüstiv
Goon
faüstiv
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:50 am

Post by faüstiv »

I think one of my reads is wrong. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:24 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 414, faüstiv wrote:
In post 410, Formerfish wrote:
Have you got anything to add to the game? Any reads or anything?

You might be lynched so out them NOW
I'm not getting lynched.
Show

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:28 am

Post by Formerfish »

In post 419, faüstiv wrote:UNVOTE:

sometimes you’ve got to shake the tree to see what falls.

VOTE: alimdia
I thought I was getting hung? See something shinier?
Show

Need advice? Ask a Fish.