Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:21 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

I will be having a cute puppy. You can call me Bestest Boi.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:29 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

In post 175, Gentleman 6 wrote:I only take this much issue with gut reads when I think that they're scummy and I think that there's a certain kind of defensiveness in your response to me that makes me think that you're even more scummy.
I think reads off tone are a more player-specific thing than AI thing. It's the way they arrive at that read that's AI.

In this case, Lady 4 came into a game state where most people were skeptical about Lady 5, and that kind of going-against-consensus even though the player clearly cares about being conciliatory strikes me a more likely townie read.
This is, like, an extremely common thing for scum to do?
I think your thought process is towny.
In post 204, Gentleman 4 wrote:I like lady 9s avatar
Therefore lady 9 is town

Am I doing this right?
Why?
In post 224, Gentleman 4 wrote:First order of business:

I am buying this town a pizza!!!!

What you want on your pizza?
If any of you say anchovies you might as well claim scum now
I like meat lovers. Also I slightly town read you.
In post 246, Dannflor wrote:
In post 244, Lady 2 wrote:I probably wouldn't like me either, and I know it, and it's really gnawing at me. Something isn't gelling. I want to be engaging here. Like genuinely I do. But it's not working, apparently. Like it's apparent even to me that I'm trying to say something but I get passed right by, like a ghost.
I like this from you though! I know the feeling. I'd say try to just let it go and let the thread take you where it will. If you're town, you'll find something to latch onto to get you into the game eventually, but worrying about what that'll be won't really help.
rip
In post 262, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 244, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 211, Gentleman 6 wrote:I'm not a town leader type.
Could have fooled me. I think you might make a fine one. Maybe at an ordinary dance you wouldn't. But tonight you're wearing the mask. Why not go for it?
In post 217, Lady 9 wrote:I do not like Lady 2.
Fair. I probably wouldn't like me either, and I know it, and it's really gnawing at me. Something isn't gelling. I want to be engaging here. Like genuinely I do. But it's not working, apparently. Like it's apparent even to me that I'm trying to say something but I get passed right by, like a ghost. Maybe it's posting while working, here and there, while other people are managing to have actual back-and-forth conversations.

Like L9, G3, L7, G6 are all sensible. L5 is ... fine. Can stay. L4 ... feels kind of like I do? I mean at the very least I'm sympathetic to her early frustration due to distraction and/or generic names. I'm not sure about her backing down immediately and completely after tbh a mild riposte from G3 early (I'm rereading, because yeah, I need to find some kind of foothold). Like, whatever it is, it's a firmer backing up than necessary but probably NAI. L8, kind of a low-key entrance as well? I'm not really getting much there. I do feel like trending Townread on L5 is a fake unpopular opinion? Like I don't think it was every truly going against the grain?

Mostly I want to know how L4 reads G6.

Oh, G4 also kind of lower bracket. Actually scratch that, I like him taking the offered mantle as Town leader. That's actually quite fine. Same with early offer. Actually even better. I saw the jokey pizza post and was wondering how long that shtick would take to play out. Moving fast on an offer was a strong Town move, like he stepped up to the plate and then actually delivered. Good choice of initial offer, too. L3 was in early but did and said little. G4's offer will offer some focus in a new direction.

I do actually like the broad strokes of the treanding-towards-consensus reads I'm seeing. I actually like all the active gentlemen fairly well, G3, G4, and G6 all Townleaning for me.
I don't particularly like this slot
Agreed.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:31 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 100, Gentleman 3 wrote:L5, what made you think that the smiley faces might bother someone?
I’m getting the sense Link (Rick’s name for this works for me, also, hello Rick) is asking this in earnest, town read for him.
In post 102, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 96, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 92, Lady 8 wrote:It seems initially scummy and lessens your chances of getting asked to the dance because it seems like you're afraid of engaging in a read of a player.
Why does a joke suggest that she's afraid of making a read?
The question isn't directed at me, but I want to point out that it seems to me like Lady 5 is specifically avoiding making non-joke posts. She's ignored my more serious posts twice now. Joking is fine but she doesn't have any non-jokey content yet.
I may be keeping a serious tone to maintain the roleplay I’m somewhat doing but I see no problem with joking around at this point.
In post 108, Lady 4 wrote:I am already getting the impression Madeline is a more accomplished scumhunter than I.
I assume Madeline is Lady 8? Could you talk about that name?
In post 112, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 106, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 99, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 96, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 92, Lady 8 wrote:It seems initially scummy and lessens your chances of getting asked to the dance because it seems like you're afraid of engaging in a read of a player.
Why does a joke suggest that she's afraid of making a read?
That assumes it is a joke.
Do you actually think I’m that stupid to believe a Neutral exists in this setup?

Hey! This feels like your real tone.
As opposed to what came before why?
In post 119, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 115, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 109, Gentleman 6 wrote:I interpret that apathy as townie. I think that scum care a lot more about getting town read than town do right now.
I think the jokey/blending-in playstyle can be a strategy to get widely town read in itself though.
“69”

:3
I still can’t get over that funny theory.
It made me think of this clip.
In post 121, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 117, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 116, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 112, Lady 7 wrote:Hey! This feels like your real tone.
That it does. Good call.
Now now. We don’t talk about our mains here!
We are here to dance and have fun!
That is not a main guess.
I had figured as much.
In post 124, Gentleman 6 wrote:I agree that town carry playstyles will also want to show themselves to be town quickly.

But I don't think that avoiding serious talk in the early game when prompted to is a scumtell and I would lean it and Lady 5 the other way.
I agree with this impression. Dawn is technically my second town read. Not sure I should town read Harry just off of this.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:32 pm

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 427, Gentleman 1 wrote:I assume Madeline is Lady 8?
9. I hope that correction makes my post not need explanation.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:33 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

I'm bad at this game. Also, I'm playing a bit slower as to not alt slip and the generic names make it hard to visualize.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:37 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

The only Gentleman I'd accept at this point is the Doctor aka Gentleman 6. All the other gentlemen have been lack luster, even Gentleman 2, the IC.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:38 pm

Post by Lady 4 »

Kinda wanted to hook up with Wolf but now he's all up in here pushing directions that feel pointless to me.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:41 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 431, Lady 4 wrote:Kinda wanted to hook up with Wolf but now he's all up in here pushing directions that feel pointless to me.
I ship it.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:43 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 128, Lady 7 wrote:But l8 is there a reason you opted for a mechanical discussion rather than what’s gone on yet?
Is there a reason you didn’t want that question asked?
In post 144, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 142, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 134, Gentleman 3 wrote:I mean the key is to make T/T pairings. If flips make a difference in how likely a pairing is to be T/T, then sure, but I'm wary of that because scum have pretty much no incentive to avoid bussing, so associatives will probably not be helpful.
In post 137, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 134, Gentleman 3 wrote:I'm wary of that because scum have pretty much no incentive to avoid bussing, so associatives will probably not be helpful.
The possibility you may be correct about this has me shook.
I don't think that's necessarily true? Especially if town manages to play well enough to force an S/S pairing, bussing isn't necessarily an optimal strategy for scum.
Let me cut to the chase, we only need ONE solid T-T pairing at late game to win after intermission.
Sure but I see two problems, the fact that we essentially need 2 T-T pairings going into Intermission, and the fact that lack of meta reads will likely make this a lot harder to do effectively.
In post 149, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 147, Lady 5 wrote:Looking at the setup.
Isn’t it ideal for Gentleman 2 to choose a Lady that could be a Wolf.
That way they can’t kill him if they are a wolf or their lady partner dies.
On the other hand if they aren’t a wolf they just got rid of a miss Lynch target.

If I was Gentleman 2, my ideal play would be to do this. ^_^
No. This is extremely bad. Burn this post.
Why is it bad? If the Confirmed Town is paired with another townread slot that pairing likely dies during Intermission.

Salad
for me Lady 9 is Celeste because I know the character. I’ll keep that in mind, and I don’t recall any issue with your thoughts on that player.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:45 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

Looking at it again could you tell me what makes Celeste/Madeline seem more accomplished to you?
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:45 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

O'Donnell is just going in guns blazin. I like this dude.
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:46 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

Because we don't want to waste a lynch on a pairing with a confirmed town slot.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:46 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

In post 436, Lady 8 wrote:Because we don't want to waste a lynch on a pairing with a confirmed town slot.
IC pair almost always gets killed. We don't need to worry about it
Lady 8
Lady 8
Goon
Lady 8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:47 pm

Post by Lady 8 »

I'll accept someone who's a light town read to pair with IC.

However, I feel like pairing with Gentleman 2 is going to be boring.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:48 pm

Post by Lady 4 »

She is analytical and generally has reasoning that feels pretty solid. Whereas you may notice my reading strategies have more wobbly wobbly liberal artsness to them.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:52 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

No? Can’t imagine why I wouldn't want that question asked.
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:04 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

In post 438, Lady 8 wrote:I'll accept someone who's a light town read to pair with IC.

However, I feel like pairing with Gentleman 2 is going to be boring.
Incorrect.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:04 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 152, Lady 8 wrote:We want Gentleman 2 ideally to be the NK bait.
Yeah I definitely don’t think this idea is that good.
In post 158, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 156, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 152, Lady 8 wrote:We want Gentleman 2 ideally to be the NK bait.
Why would we want the confirmed Town to die?
It's so that the other T/T pair that we can hopefully confidently create survives until end game.
How are you so certain Orange (my place holder name for L8) was going to say this? If not why cut her off?
In post 164, Gentleman 2 wrote:
@FakeMod: Can I request for someone to shoot me an avatar sized image of something?

Also down for nicknaming people once everyone has settled on avatars.

Gentleman 6 is trying too hard with their avvie. Like Gentleman 3. Lady 6 is looking p good too.

AND How dare Lady 8!
In post 166, Gentleman 2 wrote:Lady 5*
If the correction is of Lady 6 then I feel like our reads gel pretty well, which makes it a shame we are on the same side gender wise.
By the way what sort of avatar are you in the market for?
In post 169, Lady 2 wrote:I'm feeling just a littttle regret here. For a moment just now I thought I should have joined this game as Gentleman, you know, I'm in touch with my masculine side. Because if I were I could yolo an invitation to dance with someone? I'll be honest. The usernames we were given are bland, which, fine. There are no votes, no traditional RVS-like stage with, you know, votes. And I'm stuck as a lovely Lady with no concrete game-related, like,
offers
I can make for people to respond to the way I could do with a vote in a game where everyone has a vote. Like sure I like L9 well enough Town. She seems to have her head in the game. Though to be honest even though their avatars aren't different she and L7 are kind of occupying the same spot in my brain, so. Great. Wonderful. The rest is a mush of people toying with yes admittedly a mostly NAI thing from L5. Oh okay G6 for your last two posts you seem chill as well.

And actually Lady 5, if you're asking, I
do
find the cutesy smileys, punctuating nearly your every sentance, irritating. Saccharine. I'm interested to see if you toning it down a bit can help me read you and other people. Offer accepted.
I like this for what I am pretty sure is the second post by Masque.
In post 174, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 170, Gentleman 2 wrote:Can we ask people to dance yet. bc like I am keen to do it early and do most of my reading under an assumed masons idea.
Actually, it might be smart for you to do that, and then keep your read on your partner completely secret.
Very bold and interesting idea. Think it might be good.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:06 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 187, FakeGod wrote:
In post 164, Gentleman 2 wrote:
@FakeMod: Can I request for someone to shoot me an avatar sized image of something?
Please come up with an avatar of your own.
That is a shame.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:09 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 190, Gentleman 2 wrote:Hey can someone walk me through how to make an image avatar size?
Look up “image resizer” on Google, the first hit should be a rather easy one to use. What I would suggest is try your desired image, see what the pixel size is, then try to keep the same proportions (so a square one should remain square), that’s what I do.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:18 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 201, Gentleman 2 wrote:
In post 199, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 196, Gentleman 2 wrote:Ok so, thoughts on holding a vote for which Lady to kill? An unofficial one.
It'll happen naturally enough through pairing. I think even if there's an unofficial vote there's probably gonna be some rogue gentleman who will extend a dance invitation to the voted lady.
You ruined my plan. Thanks.
Oh? What sort of plan did you have in mind?
Why is this?
In post 221, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 220, Lady 9 wrote:VOTE: Gent 4
Thank you for your support citizen
I might start calling you Dewey instead.
In post 224, Gentleman 4 wrote:First order of business:

I am buying this town a pizza!!!!

What you want on your pizza?
If any of you say anchovies you might as well claim scum now
I’d like Italian sausage. Also anyone who asks for artichokes is dead to me, if these are to be shared.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:24 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 244, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 211, Gentleman 6 wrote:I'm not a town leader type.
Could have fooled me. I think you might make a fine one. Maybe at an ordinary dance you wouldn't. But tonight you're wearing the mask. Why not go for it?
Fair. I probably wouldn't like me either, and I know it, and it's really gnawing at me. Something isn't gelling. I want to be engaging here. Like genuinely I do. But it's not working, apparently. Like it's apparent even to me that I'm trying to say something but I get passed right by, like a ghost. Maybe it's posting while working, here and there, while other people are managing to have actual back-and-forth conversations.

Like L9, G3, L7, G6 are all sensible. L5 is ... fine. Can stay. L4 ... feels kind of like I do? I mean at the very least I'm sympathetic to her early frustration due to distraction and/or generic names. I'm not sure about her backing down immediately and completely after tbh a mild riposte from G3 early (I'm rereading, because yeah, I need to find some kind of foothold). Like, whatever it is, it's a firmer backing up than necessary but probably NAI. L8, kind of a low-key entrance as well? I'm not really getting much there. I do feel like trending Townread on L5 is a fake unpopular opinion? Like I don't think it was every truly going against the grain?

Mostly I want to know how L4 reads G6.

Oh, G4 also kind of lower bracket. Actually scratch that, I like him taking the offered mantle as Town leader. That's actually quite fine. Same with early offer. Actually even better. I saw the jokey pizza post and was wondering how long that shtick would take to play out. Moving fast on an offer was a strong Town move, like he stepped up to the plate and then actually delivered. Good choice of initial offer, too. L3 was in early but did and said little. G4's offer will offer some focus in a new direction.

I do actually like the broad strokes of the treanding-towards-consensus reads I'm seeing. I actually like all the active gentlemen fairly well, G3, G4, and G6 all Townleaning for me.
Is it just me, or has Masque put forth a large amount of the solving effort up to here despite a lack of posts? I definitely like that.
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:26 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

Gentleman 1, may I have this dance?
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:29 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Nevermind on L1 I'm not sure what I thought I saw.

I think all of my townreads are converging towards L9s.
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:30 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

I would encourage people to match with people they don't agree with on everything to avoid echo chambers. Just as an FYI.

In case it wasn't obvious I was joking with G1.