Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:30 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 247, FakeGod wrote:
Looking for replacement.
What irks me about this is someone’s continuity of opinion has been cut off without any clear indication of whose it was. So you might ask someone a question about what they posted earlier, only to find out it was not them.

G2
I would accept if FakeGod were cool enough to allow same-sex pairings, but he is not unfortunately.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:32 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

I actually vastly prefer having known that Chennis was replaced so I can play around it rather than having no idea what slot Dannflor was representing that then shifted.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:33 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

Gent 6 are you thinking of pairing with Lady 8?
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:35 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 270, Gentleman 5 wrote:Yeah I need a better Kougami avi
I thought your avatar was supposed to be Spike from Cowboy Bebop. Do you mind if I call you Spike?
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:36 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 452, Lady 3 wrote:Gent 6 are you thinking of pairing with Lady 8?
May I ask why you're asking this question?
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:37 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 454, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 452, Lady 3 wrote:Gent 6 are you thinking of pairing with Lady 8?
May I ask why you're asking this question?
Circumstances of your reads on each other are curious
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:38 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Cuteness hierarchy is my preferred pairings list.
Circumstances of your reads on each other are curious
Go on?
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:38 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 451, Gentleman 6 wrote:I actually vastly prefer having known that Chennis was replaced so I can play around it rather than having no idea what slot Dannflor was representing that then shifted.
Yes, it being announced is helpful to know someone’s continuity was interrupted, but I still am not aware of whose it was until I find out the hard way. A note on which slot the replaced person was in would be nice, since if you find out the hard way you get any information you would be getting from that anyway.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:42 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 285, Gentleman 5 wrote:That was quick.
Indeed it was, I’m pretty sure he was one of the players who had not posted yet based on that.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

But like that's in a vacuum

I think that if the other pairings go a way that I like I would want L9 above anyone else, if I feel like there's an absence of clear TvT pairings I would rather not pair with L9 so that a kill on both of us isn't too damaging.
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:43 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

Spoiler: im not going to give analysis but these posts are what i was looking at
In post 71, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 53, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 39, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 35, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 32, Lady 4 wrote:Hello. I wish we had more memorable names.
We could come up with memorable nicknames based on avatars. That might be easier than numbering everyone.
That would help me a lot. Can we do this?
Be the change you wish to see!

By the way, I was serious about my town read on Lady 7. Just off the first page she immediately comes off as much more carefree and unconcerned about self-image in her tone. Dawn's memey posting seems a lot more forced by comparison. Lady 5/Dawn why did you ignore #30?

Misty can join my early early town leans too.
In post 51, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 50, Lady 7 wrote:Me. It hit me wrong.
What about it? You think it was overly conciliatory?
I think overall her posting has been forced and that post in particular was too concerned with how people view her slot. Townies can read like that sometimes but it's more often a scum trait,
especially
in the early game where establishing yourself can be awkward.
This lady seems like they rolled town. I hope they get asked to the dance.
In post 77, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 34, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 25, Lady 3 wrote:Lady 5 rolled scum tbh
<_> Lady 3 rolled Neutral.
Why would you make this post?
In post 80, Gentleman 6 wrote:I think Lady 8 seems really cute, I'm not sure what it says about her alignment.
In post 399, Gentleman 6 wrote:Lady Cuteness Hierarchy

9 = 8 > 3 = 7 > 4 > 1 > 2
In post 430, Lady 8 wrote:The only Gentleman I'd accept at this point is the Doctor aka Gentleman 6. All the other gentlemen have been lack luster, even Gentleman 2, the IC.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:45 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

I get what you would be seeing in those

But I think it just happened this way tbh
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:46 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 299, Lady 1 wrote:Oh god two slips already :/

Am I the last one to arrive? My thoughts so far are that consensus townreads are probably the way to go, then ideally we can form pairs from within that group first. That way we have a better chance of crowding out scum into non optimal pairings with each other and with town who are harder to identify. Better than if we tried to just pick scum out individually, or all decide on pairings individually.

I've skimmed the game on mobile but the text is too small for me to actually read people's usernames easily which is a bit of a problem. So while I reread can everyone please give a list of your strongest townreads? It helps to have them in a list instead of scattered across pages.
I am forming a good impression of Malala (L1) already. I also like the idea of pairing off the townreads first.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:47 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 306, Lady 7 wrote:Add lady 1 to the list of wood.
What does wood mean, in this scenario?
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:49 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 313, Gentleman 6 wrote:Oh. Lady 9 wasn't Dannflor.
This was what I was anticipating as well.
Lady 9
Lady 9
Goon
Lady 9
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:49 pm

Post by Lady 9 »

In post 424, Gentleman 4 wrote:Wheres homegirl Robin at?
Still around, did you want to talk?
In post 427, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 102, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 96, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 92, Lady 8 wrote:It seems initially scummy and lessens your chances of getting asked to the dance because it seems like you're afraid of engaging in a read of a player.
Why does a joke suggest that she's afraid of making a read?
The question isn't directed at me, but I want to point out that it seems to me like Lady 5 is specifically avoiding making non-joke posts. She's ignored my more serious posts twice now. Joking is fine but she doesn't have any non-jokey content yet.
I may be keeping a serious tone to maintain the roleplay I’m somewhat doing but I see no problem with joking around at this point.
Sure, but they seemed to be going out of their way to avoid the more serious posts, which is the real issue here. And they didn't acknowledge either.
In post 433, Gentleman 1 wrote:Sure but I see two problems, the fact that we essentially need 2 T-T pairings going into Intermission, and the fact that lack of meta reads will likely make this a lot harder to do effectively.
It's certainly possible to play mafia effectively without using meta. It's probably the case that meta doesn't change winrate too drastically due to poor applications.
In post 442, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 158, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 156, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 152, Lady 8 wrote:We want Gentleman 2 ideally to be the NK bait.
Why would we want the confirmed Town to die?
It's so that the other T/T pair that we can hopefully confidently create survives until end game.
How are you so certain Orange (my place holder name for L8) was going to say this? If not why cut her off?
I don't think I cut her off, I think the question was open ended discussion on what we should be doing.
In post 445, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 217, Lady 9 wrote:I do not like Lady 2.
Why is this?
At the time I wrote that I'd have considered them to be active lurking - not really getting into the game, talking about use of smilies, not really offering anything. They've since turned that around, I actually liked their responses that came out after a bit of prodding in and .
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:51 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 324, Gentleman 2 wrote:Why are people listening to you and not me?

I am town reading G3 and L9.

That's it.

However I am thinking I should match with scum.
Who is this directed towards?
Gentleman 2
Gentleman 2
Goon
Gentleman 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:54 pm

Post by Gentleman 2 »

In post 466, Gentleman 1 wrote:

That's it.

L1
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:00 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 465, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 427, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 102, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 96, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 92, Lady 8 wrote:It seems initially scummy and lessens your chances of getting asked to the dance because it seems like you're afraid of engaging in a read of a player.
Why does a joke suggest that she's afraid of making a read?
The question isn't directed at me, but I want to point out that it seems to me like Lady 5 is specifically avoiding making non-joke posts. She's ignored my more serious posts twice now. Joking is fine but she doesn't have any non-jokey content yet.
I may be keeping a serious tone to maintain the roleplay I’m somewhat doing but I see no problem with joking around at this point.
Sure, but they seemed to be going out of their way to avoid the more serious posts, which is the real issue here. And they didn't acknowledge either.
In post 433, Gentleman 1 wrote:Sure but I see two problems, the fact that we essentially need 2 T-T pairings going into Intermission, and the fact that lack of meta reads will likely make this a lot harder to do effectively.
It's certainly possible to play mafia effectively without using meta. It's probably the case that meta doesn't change winrate too drastically due to poor applications.
In post 442, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 158, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 156, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 152, Lady 8 wrote:We want Gentleman 2 ideally to be the NK bait.
Why would we want the confirmed Town to die?
It's so that the other T/T pair that we can hopefully confidently create survives until end game.
How are you so certain Orange (my place holder name for L8) was going to say this? If not why cut her off?
I don't think I cut her off, I think the question was open ended discussion on what we should be doing.
In post 445, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 217, Lady 9 wrote:I do not like Lady 2.
Why is this?
At the time I wrote that I'd have considered them to be active lurking - not really getting into the game, talking about use of smilies, not really offering anything. They've since turned that around, I actually liked their responses that came out after a bit of prodding in and .
I will wait for Dawn to return before passing further judgment but as it stands I feel sympathetic to Harry’s position on her.
I agree playing the game that way is possible with no meta. I just believe it will be harder.
If a question directed at someone else seems open to discussion and you want to add your input, doing so is fine but wait until the intended responder answers first, so as to not taint their own response. That is the habit I practice.
Acknowledged on your Masque read, and good to see it seems you now agree with me there.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:02 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 467, Gentleman 2 wrote:

That's it.

L1
Why did you feel that way about Malala?
Lady 3
Lady 3
Goon
Lady 3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:02 pm

Post by Lady 3 »

In post 390, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 256, Gentleman 5 wrote:Also when ppl start predance by screwing around and spontaneously making bad pairings it makes the game suck

Pls don't pair before the IC pairs
^Yes please.

*snip*
Why?
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:05 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 345, Lady 1 wrote:@L2: Because this strategy requires cooperation, it can't be left until later since people will probably start pairing badly which will lead to suicides. I appreciate you repeating them for me. I'm also getting distracted by interacting with people currently instead of rereading on a bigger screen.

@G2: yeah let's avoid suiciding. If you're a cassandra, show that off now with sorting out good pairings ;)
In post 339, Lady 9 wrote:Can you elaborate on this, how do you know that they had avatars early?
I scoped out all of the players because I was interested in what people were doing. You can still find profiles even if someone hasn't posted, using the member list. Lady 6 does not have an avatar.

This seems like a nothing question. I mean if you're interested in how to view their profiles sure, but sounded like you were trying to get a read off my method somehow.
I assume when you say Cassandra you are referring the the Greek mythology story?
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:06 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 469, Gentleman 1 wrote:
In post 467, Gentleman 2 wrote:

That's it.

L1
Why did you feel that way about Malala?
I see this was already answered.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:10 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 347, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 345, Lady 1 wrote:This seems like a nothing question. I mean if you're interested in how to view their profiles sure, but sounded like you were trying to get a read off my method somehow.
Am I wrong to be thinking like this?
I mean it probably yields nothing but I recall a game a couple years back where something came if this sort of event. I think Jackpot also pointed it out. I myself tried checking a couple profiles when I got the day start message, to see what others had chosen for their avatars, so Malala’s course of action makes sense.
Gentleman 1
Gentleman 1
Goon
Gentleman 1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:12 pm

Post by Gentleman 1 »

In post 351, Lady 7 wrote:
In post 347, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 345, Lady 1 wrote:This seems like a nothing question. I mean if you're interested in how to view their profiles sure, but sounded like you were trying to get a read off my method somehow.
Am I wrong to be thinking like this?
Many many moons ago in a galaxy far far away, scum outed themselves in the first few pages of the game by discussing the avatar of someone who hadn't posted yet in thread.

While anyone can make a mistake like that, there's something about Lady 1's measured tone that feels too systematic to make that mistake. Though the response to the question feels a bit eh.
As I suspected, it was Jackpot who noted it. Gives me an idea of who she is, but I will not try to act on that lead. It will probably impact how I interact with her, though.