LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:42 pm

Post by LCpl Jones »

Billy and Arkias I'm fairly confident of being town just at face level their reasoning is clear and makes sense. I think scum is in Micc / BBmolla / other 'quiet' players. I'm mostly confused about Karnage! At one level I like his posts but he's just, I don't know, it doesn't sit right with me and fair to say I don't trust him that he's town.
Gyro Zeppeli
Gyro Zeppeli
Goon
Gyro Zeppeli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:44 pm

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

In post 76, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
In post 74, Gyro Zeppeli wrote:
In post 71, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Hey Zepp, you gonna play or you just gonna screw around? I checked your other games and they are all pretty non helpful content. In the one where you got lynched, you were vt, and still completely unhelpful.

It's too early to talk about a policy lynch, because that type of shit let's scum sit under the radar for longer. But Zepp, you need to try a bit. Culture on this site is to at least try on D1. This bullshit you're pulling doesnt help either wincon.
And do what D1, waffle about pointless shit?
How do you plan to play D2 differently? What makes your D2 play more confident than D1? Why are you so uncomfortable playing D1?
Wouldn’t you like to know
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:33 pm

Post by BBmolla »

^Can we lynch this please

He clearly doesn't want to play so I'd say let's just help him out
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:37 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 100, LCpl Jones wrote:Billy and Arkias I'm fairly confident of being town just at face level their reasoning is clear and makes sense. I think scum is in Micc / BBmolla / other 'quiet' players. I'm mostly confused about Karnage!
At one level I like his posts but he's just, I don't know, it doesn't sit right with me and fair to say I don't trust him that he's town.
this is like the scummiest post in this whole game

I'm town, Micc town, Karnage town, Salsae town, Arkias town,

scum is in (Gyro/Bep/Jones/Billy)
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:02 am

Post by Karnage »

In post 103, BBmolla wrote:
In post 100, LCpl Jones wrote:Billy and Arkias I'm fairly confident of being town just at face level their reasoning is clear and makes sense. I think scum is in Micc / BBmolla / other 'quiet' players. I'm mostly confused about Karnage!
At one level I like his posts but he's just, I don't know, it doesn't sit right with me and fair to say I don't trust him that he's town.
this is like the scummiest post in this whole game

Where does the Salsae town read come from?
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
bepwei
bepwei
Goon
bepwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:27 am

Post by bepwei »

In post 49, Micc wrote: From a theory standpoint, I see making an RVS vote as unproductive for town. Scum hunting has to begin eventually and a productive member of the town will eagerly make it happen as early as possible.
IMO, RVS can be used to push someone to get them to squirm. It only really works if they don’t know it’s rvs. The goal of mafia isn’t really to find the scum it’s more to find people you can trust such that it’s impossible for mafia to win.
bepwei
bepwei
Goon
bepwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:34 am

Post by bepwei »

Also, I’m still getting used to the forum and how to work it. I’m on mobile most of the time and sometimes shit doesn’t post and then comes back. Hence the double post with the exact same info. I’ll try my best to be more productive as I get more comfortable with the website.
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:26 am

Post by Karnage »

In post 102, BBmolla wrote:^Can we lynch this please

Gyro is looking like the default lynch if we don't have a strong scum candidate at deadline. Even if he's town it will be addition via subtraction.
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:34 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

@Karnage - could you explain how my opening vote on Jones was oppprtunistic? And what makes you think it was a retroactive attempt to justify the vote?

I don't think I scum read Karnage for the vote. If hes trying to get town leader status I dont think he drives the wagon on me to a green flip. If hes trying to under the radar he doesnt jump out and write the first case on someone. So I disagree with him here, but I dont see scum motivation for the play. I may re-assess on a Jones red flip, because then this starts to look like a chainsaw, but at the moment, I dont think this makes him scummy on his own.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:43 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

I'd agree with this at day end.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:45 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

@Arkias, can you explain the paragraph that starts "Reading through what you wrote"
I think you may have misunderstood my 71, but I'm not sure. I meant that his tone this game was similar to his tone in the game where he got lynched D1 as a townie. I'm upset, because if hes town, then that's a useless slot. Mafia is a weird team game where you dont know who your teammates are as town. I saw him play this way as town before, which is why I think hes a wasted lynch. I think you thought i was saying that he changed his tone. Did I interpret that correctly?

Lastly, what specifically do you think I'm misinterpreting?
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:49 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 106, bepwei wrote:Also, I’m still getting used to the forum and how to work it. I’m on mobile most of the time and sometimes shit doesn’t post and then comes back. Hence the double post with the exact same info. I’ll try my best to be more productive as I get more comfortable with the website.
good to know :up:
here's a suggestion - if you had to absolutely lynch someone right now, who would it be?
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:49 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

@Jones - I like your 99 more. The logic is clear, I just disagree with the premise. Where do you think that Micc is positioning himself as a town leader? Is it just the part that you quoted, because that feels more like just an inference (not an unreasonable one to be fair) off of what he said rather than a direct quote of him.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:52 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 103, BBmolla wrote: this is like the scummiest post in this whole game

I notice you didn't say why.

That Salsae read is really out there and looks very like someone just pulling reads out of their metaphorical hat. I don't see anything towny there; in fact I don't see very much at all if I'm honest, but that's common to about 1/4 of the villagers to be fair.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:53 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

I'd rather hope he gets back into prod range then hopefully we can replace him almost immediately. I'd rather not lynch a slot that's literally 2/9 of being scum. I'd rather lynch someone that's playing scummy.

Honestly the players pushing a policy lynch this early into D1 are raising my suspicions. I want at least one legitimate lynch, preferably with a couple of wagons leading up to it, before we lynch the deliberately provocative slot.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:54 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 108, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
If hes trying to get town leader status I dont think he drives the wagon on me to a green flip. If hes trying to under the radar he doesnt jump out and write the first case on someone.
So I disagree with him here, but I dont see scum motivation for the play.
I may re-assess on a Jones red flip, because then this starts to look like a chainsaw
, but at the moment, I dont think this makes him scummy on his own.
^
[bolded] What I've been getting at for a while. I agree with your first points [underlined], which is why I don't consider him a scum read yet but his interactions with myself are really icky and its something I'll be considering later.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:57 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

@BB - why do you think Jones' 100 is so scummy. Is it mostly the part you bolded? If so, can you explain, because I dont see what's so scummy about it.
bepwei
bepwei
Goon
bepwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:01 am

Post by bepwei »

In post 111, LCpl Jones wrote: here's a suggestion - if you had to absolutely lynch someone right now, who would it be?
I hate to say this because it makes me look like I’m trying to blend in but probably our unhelpful friend. I frankly don’t see the suspicions you guys have on eachother. I haven’t seen anything that jumps out as scummy. I also know that any leans I get take a day or two to come out so I’ll let you know when they are more solid. Again sorry if that’s super unhelpful.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:18 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

@Karnage - I'm getting the sense that you have the wrong impression of my read on Jones. How strong do you think my read was at the time I placed the vote? Because you're describing my case as lacking so I'm wondering what you were expecting for a page 4 case.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:24 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

Throwing this out there now - I'm not voting Zepp on D1. I'll reconsider if necessary D2, but im not voting there D1. So let's play mafia and stop letting scum hide out by arguing for a policy lynch.
Gyro Zeppeli
Gyro Zeppeli
Goon
Gyro Zeppeli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:05 am

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

what is a policy lynch
bepwei
bepwei
Goon
bepwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:10 am

Post by bepwei »

In post 109, LCpl Jones wrote:

Arguably, this could be considered a sheep. Like it’s a perfect place for you to hide after being a main suspect of the town.

I have reread the whole thread and realized I missed a whole page of posts so go me. I still have pretty weak leads but I generally agree with the fact that things are being overanylized on some people.
bepwei
bepwei
Goon
bepwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:13 am

Post by bepwei »

In post 120, Gyro Zeppeli wrote:what is a policy lynch
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Policy_Lynch

This website is good for those kind of questions should you have more.
LCpl Jones
LCpl Jones
Goon
LCpl Jones
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:26 am

Post by LCpl Jones »

In post 121, bepwei wrote:

Arguably, this could be considered a sheep. Like it’s a perfect place for you to hide after being a main suspect of the town.

I have reread the whole thread and realized I missed a whole page of posts so go me. I still have pretty weak leads but I generally agree with the fact that things are being overanylized on some people.
Maybe you missed it, but I did first mention it all the way back in #27.
I don't really see the connection between this and being a place to hide. Could you clarify that maybe?
bepwei
bepwei
Goon
bepwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:08 am

Post by bepwei »

In post 123, LCpl Jones wrote:
In post 121, bepwei wrote:

Maybe you missed it, but I did first mention it all the way back in #27.
I don't really see the connection between this and being a place to hide. Could you clarify that maybe?
Sure, the policy Lynch ends the day getting no information about any of the voters. It’s a get off of jail free card for anyone looking to vote a possible townie out of the game (scum). As you are the most suspicious person right now in the eyes of the town, it would be beneficial for you to be able to vote someone without repercussions. I’ll look back at 27 now.