Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:05 pm

Post by Formerfish »

Are you hammer testing me here?
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:09 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 925, Formerfish wrote:Are you hammer testing me here?
Huh?

And yeah that's hammer right? 4 votes is majority
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:12 pm

Post by Formerfish »

if you were the 4th vote then you hammered.
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:31 pm

Post by Micc »

Votecount 2.06
Fuzanglong (4) -
the worst, Uncrowned, Formerfish, JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo (1) -
eth0s

Not Voting (2) -
Fuzanglong, teacher

With 7 players alive it takes 4 votes to lynch.

A lynch has been achieved.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:33 pm

Post by Micc »

Fuzanglong has been lynched Day 2. She was a
Vanilla Townie

It is now Night 2. The deadline for Night 2 is in (expired on 2019-11-11 23:35:00).
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:48 pm

Post by Micc »

teacher has been killed Night 2. He was a
Town Mason

It is now Day 3.

Votecount 3.00
Not Voting (5) -
Uncrowned, JacksonVirgo, eth0s, the worst, Formerfish

With 5 players alive it takes 3 votes to lynch.

The deadline for Day 3 is in (expired on 2019-11-18 23:50:00).
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:59 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

ALIVE PLAYERS

JacksonVirgo - VT
Formerfish - Mason (teach)
Uncrowned - VT
Eth0s - VT
the worst- VT

DEAD PLAYERS

Teacher - Mason (FF)
Bugspray - VT
Gyro - VT
Fuz - VT

POSSIBLE SCUM

Uncrowned
Eth0s
the worst

SCUM-LIST:
Uncrowned, Eth0s

My thoughts is that if the worst was scum they would have gladly mislynched me over trying to get a read out of me by fake hammering me. So they're a straight town read for me, leaving Uncrowned and Eth0s the only possible scum from my pov. I believe that's the game-solve right there and it's LyLo right now isn't it?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:29 pm

Post by the worst »

Yeah if you have a townread outside of Fishy you have a solve from your pov.

I'm not totally comfortable calling a townread - tentatively it's still JV for sure posting yesterday but I also had Uncrowned town yesterday. I'm Wrong on one of these and I owe this game some more effort.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:31 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 932, the worst wrote:Yeah if you have a townread outside of Fishy you have a solve from your pov.

I'm not totally comfortable calling a townread - tentatively it's still JV for sure posting yesterday but I also had Uncrowned town yesterday. I'm Wrong on one of these and I owe this game some more effort.
If you're 50/50 of myself and uncrowned, you think Eth0s is scum yeah?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:51 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

I haven't liked JV's opinions much the last few pages, but he did appear townie after the "hammer test" by the worst. I put that in quotations since I have a suspicion that it could have been coached by the worst since he seems to be a pretty good player, and it'd be a good way to "confirm" JV as a townie through AtE.

But I can't say I'm sold on them as a team. I've liked the worst's slot since the beginning of the game. Highly unlikely to me that there's been 3 separate players of that slot that I've liked for the most part and it turns out they're scum.

Eth0s came in hot with the reads after catching up, but hasn't followed up much since imo. I've asked him about a couple of things, namely why he thought I fit the bill for the Bugspray kill, and why he though Fuz was definitely town, and he hasn't responded. Maybe caught up in the rest of the game? Possibly, but seems unlikely for someone who was combing through so many posts and analysing a majority of them quite well.

I don't think Fuz looked townie at all, yet Eth0s seemed convinced, which doesn't make sense to me. I still want an explanation on that.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:55 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 933, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 932, the worst wrote:Yeah if you have a townread outside of Fishy you have a solve from your pov.

If you're 50/50 of myself and uncrowned, you think Eth0s is scum yeah?
yup rn I'm swingin

{tw,fishy}
{jv}
{uncrowned}
{eth0s}

not in any real hurry though, I have lots of rereading and assertive quacking to do before this phase ends.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:56 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Also on the hammer test, I feel like my first instinct as a player would be to double check the votes and see if I actually got lynched. This isn't something I can prove on JV as perfect evidence that he's scum, but it's my gut feeling. Just the way he's appeased other players, jumped back and forth between votes and opinions on the game and been kinda inconsistent overall has me questioning if he's town or not.

I'd like to hear from Eth0s first and get his thoughts before I proceed with making accusations.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:57 pm

Post by the worst »

@fishy - I don't envy your task here. been in your boots and it stinks picking the entire scumteam with no mechanical advantage. if you still think there's a chance I'm a baddie, I want you to speak up and we can jam about it as soon as we're both on.

I earnestly think we can clean up my slot very quickly here.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:00 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 879, JacksonVirgo wrote:Uncrowned doesn't have many posts at all and their readlist is mediocre at best, but I can't say shiz on that behalf lol
In post 822, Uncrowned wrote:Also why are you set on Fuz being town?
This could be somewhat of a bus? I guess?

UNVOTE: FormerFish

So my read on the bluff was correct, and what do you mean by info I shouldn't have had?
In post 882, JacksonVirgo wrote:List ripped from the alive list and removed all 'confirmed' people mainly the masons and myself.

Fuzanglong - Scum
Uncrowned - Scum
eth0s - Town
the worst - Town

If the scum insists of newb!scum it's Fuz and Uncrowned. And even I wouldn't have attacked bugspray as scum so I doubt the worst or eth0s would have but the other two may as well have.
@uncrowned I think JV had strong posts and posts which gave me pause around the hammer test but there's probably juicier stuff AFTER the hammertest

what do you think of these? can you see anything else in their ISO around here which makes you think they're scum?

agree a lot of YMMV around hammertesting but often posting during excited gamestate (e.g. after the hammertest here) forces townies to think fast and scum to improvise; which one do you think they were doing?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:23 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 938, the worst wrote:
In post 879, JacksonVirgo wrote:Uncrowned doesn't have many posts at all and their readlist is mediocre at best, but I can't say shiz on that behalf lol
In post 822, Uncrowned wrote:Also why are you set on Fuz being town?
This could be somewhat of a bus? I guess?

UNVOTE: FormerFish

So my read on the bluff was correct, and what do you mean by info I shouldn't have had?
This fits his playstyle this game, tbh. He's on the verge of making assertions, but he doesn't go all the way with it. There's a hint of passiveness and lack of conviction behind a lot of his thoughts, which gives me pause. An example of this is Post where he lays out possibilities, but doesn't lean toward any of them.

To me, it's like he's throwing out bait and seeing if anyone will agree with it. This also fits with his voting, which has been sporadic. Votes, unvotes, and then ultimately, following the votes led by other players. With Gyro, it was me and Teacher who thought he would be the most profitable lynch. He followed.

With Fuz, he was the hammer vote. Granted, I haven't done a full VCA of everyone remaining, but he's had a tendency of putting votes onto the more vulnerable slots in the game and seeing if it has an impact. Gyro, Fuz, Bugspray, and Fish (prior to him being confirmed mason) were all players who were either under the spotlight in terms of attention, or were otherwise easy lynches (in his eyes, assuming I'm right and he's scum).

In post 882, JacksonVirgo wrote:List ripped from the alive list and removed all 'confirmed' people mainly the masons and myself.

Fuzanglong - Scum
Uncrowned - Scum
eth0s - Town
the worst - Town

If the scum insists of newb!scum it's Fuz and Uncrowned. And even I wouldn't have attacked bugspray as scum so I doubt the worst or eth0s would have but the other two may as well have.
He did suggest I was bussing Fuz, so this is one of the more consistent things he's posted. What I'd like more explanation of is his post where he found something interesting in my read on Marionette (Fuz's slot). I'm not entirely sure what he was getting at by attacking my reads list, since at that point my reads were mostly made up of points that no one else had touched upon.

What I'm trying to say is, bringing up the reads list just feels like a weak attempt to put me under some pressure, similar to how he did when he entered the game and put a vote on me for "voting someone up due to inactivity" (Gyro), which makes no sense considering he ended up voting on him as well, and then brought up my "inactivity" later in the game as a reason for me to be scum.

Is it just mistakes of a new player, or is it scum trying to put attention on another slot that is equally vulnerable? My gut tells me it's the latter.

@uncrowned I think JV had strong posts and posts which gave me pause around the hammer test but there's probably juicier stuff AFTER the hammertest

what do you think of these? can you see anything else in their ISO around here which makes you think they're scum?

agree a lot of YMMV around hammertesting but often posting during excited gamestate (e.g. after the hammertest here) forces townies to think fast and scum to improvise; which one do you think they were doing?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:24 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

@theworst I'm going to re-read the hammer test reactions again before I address that last part of your post.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:37 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Another thing before I do that, JV has mentioned Eth0s a handful of times in his ISO, but never given any real reasoning no matter whether he's listed him as town or scum in his book. If he thinks Eth0s is scum, there should be some actual reasoning behind it. Could easily just be another weak bus attempt to say "Hey, I had him on my scum team" if he does get lynched today and flips red.

I don't get why you'd list multiple times as being either alignment, and then giving zero reason as to why you believe so. Again, the passive playstyle just doesn't seem right for a player who has been so involved in the game.

For reference, the posts I'm looking at:
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:48 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

@theworst Honestly, looking back on the hammer test I don't know if it's worth much. It seems like the perfect WIFOM (correct me if I'm using that term wrong) to clear his name with the use of some salt and AtE. It could come from the viewpoint of an exasperated townie pissed that they've been lynched, or a scum who recognized that they weren't lynched and saw it as an opportunity.

The coaching possibility from you via PT is a possibility, but highly unlikely from my current POV as I'm more centered on Eth0s atm than I am on you.

I'd much prefer to go off the other stuff I've mentioned, since to me it seems far more AI than the hammertest which imo is a 50/50.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:09 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 939, Uncrowned wrote:This fits his playstyle this game, tbh. He's on the verge of making assertions, but he doesn't go all the way with it. There's a hint of passiveness and lack of conviction behind a lot of his thoughts, which gives me pause. An example of this is Post where he lays out possibilities, but doesn't lean toward any of them.

To me, it's like he's throwing out bait and seeing if anyone will agree with it. This also fits with his voting, which has been sporadic. Votes, unvotes, and then ultimately, following the votes led by other players. With Gyro, it was me and Teacher who thought he would be the most profitable lynch. He followed.

With Fuz, he was the hammer vote. Granted, I haven't done a full VCA of everyone remaining, but he's had a tendency of putting votes onto the more vulnerable slots in the game and seeing if it has an impact. Gyro, Fuz, Bugspray, and Fish (prior to him being confirmed mason) were all players who were either under the spotlight in terms of attention, or were otherwise easy lynches (in his eyes, assuming I'm right and he's scum).
Let me explain what's been going on inside my head.
Regarding Post , I leaned towards the last option and I thought I made that obvious even without explicitly saying it but I guess not. I usually lay shit out like possibilities and options that may or may not be viable or not to see other reactions and base reads on that as well as how they make their reads etc. My vote was always on FF (as in I always intended to vote them back which I see why I shouldn't now but I didn't before) because I wanted to kind of pressure Gyro into answering the question they seemed to miss/avoid.
In post 939, Uncrowned wrote:He did suggest I was bussing Fuz, so this is one of the more consistent things he's posted. What I'd like more explanation of is his post where he found something interesting in my read on Marionette (Fuz's slot). I'm not entirely sure what he was getting at by attacking my reads list, since at that point my reads were mostly made up of points that no one else had touched upon.

What I'm trying to say is, bringing up the reads list just feels like a weak attempt to put me under some pressure, similar to how he did when he entered the game and put a vote on me for "voting someone up due to inactivity" (Gyro), which makes no sense considering he ended up voting on him as well, and then brought up my "inactivity" later in the game as a reason for me to be scum.

Is it just mistakes of a new player, or is it scum trying to put attention on another slot that is equally vulnerable? My gut tells me it's the latter.
Regarding the Marionette, I had the feeling at the time you were buddies so I tried baiting you to slip up somewhere but it didn't work so I really didn't have any interesting read there. Indeed it was a weak attempt at pushing for pressure. And I don't believe I brought up your inactivity explicitly and that would not be a reason for me scumreading you.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:10 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 941, Uncrowned wrote:Another thing before I do that, JV has mentioned Eth0s a handful of times in his ISO, but never given any real reasoning no matter whether he's listed him as town or scum in his book. If he thinks Eth0s is scum, there should be some actual reasoning behind it. Could easily just be another weak bus attempt to say "Hey, I had him on my scum team" if he does get lynched today and flips red.

I don't get why you'd list multiple times as being either alignment, and then giving zero reason as to why you believe so. Again, the passive playstyle just doesn't seem right for a player who has been so involved in the game.

For reference, the posts I'm looking at:
Regarding Eth0s I had no reason to not suspect him and thus town read them since they seemed to give a pretty decent list of reads etc but now it comes to 4/ now 3 unconfirmed town. PoE says they're scum from my pov
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:15 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 942, Uncrowned wrote:@theworst Honestly, looking back on the hammer test I don't know if it's worth much. It seems like the perfect WIFOM (correct me if I'm using that term wrong) to clear his name with the use of some salt and AtE. It could come from the viewpoint of an exasperated townie pissed that they've been lynched, or a scum who recognized that they weren't lynched and saw it as an opportunity.

The coaching possibility from you via PT is a possibility, but highly unlikely from my current POV as I'm more centered on Eth0s atm than I am on you.

I'd much prefer to go off the other stuff I've mentioned, since to me it seems far more AI than the hammertest which imo is a 50/50.
I have no idea what WIFOM means.
Also Uncrowned are you saying it's {JV, Eth0s}?
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:25 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

You talking about my inactivity was in post 879, that's what I was referencing.

And sure, PoE makes sense now, but prior to that is where it gets iffy.

You started with him as potential scum in Post 764 with no other thoughts on him.

Then in 882 you switched him over to town. Again, with no no explanation.

So your 931 is accounted for by PoE, but the others still aren't.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:26 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

Actually, wait, no. I was referring to your 921, not your 931. Your 921 again switches Eth0s back over to scum, which wasn't when PoE had kicked in yet since Fuz hadn't been lynched.
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:29 pm

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 945, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 942, Uncrowned wrote:@theworst Honestly, looking back on the hammer test I don't know if it's worth much. It seems like the perfect WIFOM (correct me if I'm using that term wrong) to clear his name with the use of some salt and AtE. It could come from the viewpoint of an exasperated townie pissed that they've been lynched, or a scum who recognized that they weren't lynched and saw it as an opportunity.

I have no idea what WIFOM means.
Also Uncrowned are you saying it's {JV, Eth0s}?
I'm not making any assumptions until I get more thoughts from worst and Eth0s, but especially eth0s since worst's slot has been safe to me almost this entire game.

Right now though, I'd say from safest to least safe is: Worst, Eth0s, JV. Subject to change once eth0s gets here.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
JacksonVirgo
they/them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:31 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 946, Uncrowned wrote:You talking about my inactivity was in post 879, that's what I was referencing.

And sure, PoE makes sense now, but prior to that is where it gets iffy.

You started with him as potential scum in Post 764 with no other thoughts on him.

Then in 882 you switched him over to town. Again, with no no explanation.

So your 931 is accounted for by PoE, but the others still aren't.
I will check those posts in a sec, but my other reads were mediocre at best as well. I have no real 'read' it was more of a lean because of the way they were acting after they replaced in but beforehand they seemed scummy and I've done the same with other people not just Eth0s. Probably should have said that explicitly even though I thought that's where everyone else's reads were at as well, guess not.

Now because apparently me not stating my mind is bad, my current pov (and assuming duckyboi is town), unc is using this to frame me. Again, could be wrong with duckyboi but from my pov that's what it is. May seem different from an outside pov as well.