Gyro Zeppeli
Gyro Zeppeli
Goon
Gyro Zeppeli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:31 am

Post by Gyro Zeppeli »

I personally dont like Karnage’s reads of who's ‘scum’ and how im too scummy to be scum. I think he’s just trying to ride with a general consensus and seem fine with town. If someone is ‘scummy’ they are probably mafia in your eyes i dont believe too scummy is a thing
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:33 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

@Gilded - thanks for replacing in. You're in a tough spot, so I'd like to see your catchup asap.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:38 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 250, Gyro Zeppeli wrote:I personally dont like Karnage’s reads of who's ‘scum’ and how im too scummy to be scum. I think he’s just trying to ride with a general consensus and seem fine with town. If someone is ‘scummy’ they are probably mafia in your eyes i dont believe too scummy is a thing
It definitely is. It's when people start to differentiate bad play (of which you are very guilty) from scummy play (of which you are less guilty). The point of this specific part of the server is to let people have some bad play and get some experience scum hunting so they can distinguish bad from scummy play. So too scummy to be scum is a thing, because usually scum is a bit self-aware of how they are perceived and they're not trying to eat a lynch. Your play has almost asked people to be suspicious of you, which as Karnage said is basically too scummy to be scum. To summarize, you are playing very scummy (not scum hunting, telling people to piss off when they ask you for reasoning, failing to really explain your reasons, sheeping other people's cases rather than building your own.) All that is pretty damn scummy. But its almost impossible for you to be scum here, because in my thinking, scum would have at least tried to play a bit less aggressively scummy. If this is a gambit and you're scum, then good luck. If you're town, then you're not helping your team, and you should cut that shit out.
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:25 am

Post by Karnage »

In post 250, Gyro Zeppeli wrote:
I personally dont like Karnage’s reads of who's ‘scum’
and how im too scummy to be scum. I think he’s just trying to ride with a general consensus and seem fine with town. If someone is ‘scummy’ they are probably mafia in your eyes i dont believe too scummy is a thing
Who is scum then?
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:50 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

Hey all. I'll be reading all 11 pages until I can make any claims or assumptions. Will speak on this in a little bit once I have sufficient information.
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:15 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

General Notes:

Pg 1.

- Game opens with some solid random votes. A bit confused on why people were asking for reasoning, when clearly they are just random to get the game rolling. I might just be looking to far into an obvious irony, though.
Pg. 2.

- Game picks up on page 2
- Early clash between Jones and Micc over the topic of sheeping
Jones overreacts (in my opinion) to BMolla's , can see why that appeared as suspicious
Pg. 3.

- Gyro has no apparent want to help town? (at least early on)
Pg. 4.

On my predecessor:
In post 33, LCpl Jones wrote:People who sheep aren't thinking for themselves. They run the risk of sheeping scum, but apart from that it's encouraging a group-think mentality, which allows scum to hide very effectively since they aren't pushed to show their own opinions to as great an extent.
In general terms I agree with this. Sheeping can be a giveaway, it can show a player is trying to remain on the background, be agreeable, without putting in their input. Personally I feel this to be more of a newbie scum tactic as opposed to more-skilled players. I see aggressive behavior to be more common in experienced mafia.
What Bmolla said appeared to be a much more ironic statement to me though. It seemed like a joke and I feel as though everyone was looking too far into it.
In post 39, LCpl Jones wrote: Just to clarify - BBmolla isn't sheeping yet. I don't count RVS votes. \
This contradicted what Jones said earlier. His "policy lynch" claim on BMolla seemed less than sarcastic. It's not consistent.
Post 62, Micc wrote:Those things just don’t go together. If your BBmolla vote was an RVS joke, then it was actively hindering the game from moving forward, not helping it.
I agree with this. Jones openly admitted that he didn't know if BBmolla was scum or not and still voted. I feel as though at that point in the game RVS hinder progress.
Post 83, Billy Pilgrim wrote:I think the way he dealt with the interaction from Micc in response to his BBM vote didnt look good. He starts by saying that sheeping is bad (fine no argument) but then explains that he doesnt think BBM was sheeping and that scum wouldnt be so transparent.
hundred percent agree. His jumpiness appears very odd in terms of his beliefs on BBmolla. I disagree with his vote on them as well.

So far I can definitely see why Jones is a suspect, even now. His way of playing seems ambiguous and mysterious and I don't like his jumpiness. I've only gotten through less than half of the thread so I'll continue my notetaking on a bit, I just wanted to see from the beginning how it all began.
Heavy Anaconda
Heavy Anaconda
Townie
Heavy Anaconda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:18 am

Post by Heavy Anaconda »

In post 247, Billy Pilgrim wrote:@Bepwei - if I'm scum, am I trying to blend in, or am I trying to deepwolf? Because it seems like you're suggesting both in your explanation to Karnage.
Not here to answer for Bepwei. But what do you actually mean by "deepwolf"?
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:19 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

UNVOTE:

I don't like where my vote is at the moment. I haven't really got into Salsae/Andaconda as the slot posts more later but I don't want to leave my vote there for no reason.

Also: I am just taking notes now and posting them for my understanding, will go into my inferences based off them after.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:35 am

Post by BBmolla »

The amished tell is kinda yikes

At work can’t elaborate
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:58 am

Post by Karnage »

In post 258, BBmolla wrote:The amished tell is kinda yikes

At work can’t elaborate
don't remember the amished tell and I can't find it on the wiki. I'm guessing its related to them "reading" their predecessor?
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
Heavy Anaconda
Heavy Anaconda
Townie
Heavy Anaconda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 12:46 pm

Post by Heavy Anaconda »

I googled it
Heavy Anaconda
Heavy Anaconda
Townie
Heavy Anaconda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:01 pm

Post by Heavy Anaconda »

Every time I reread I just want to tear into Micc again.

Waiting on Guildedsun pick a side. Have you made it to post 100? Was wondering what you thought of that. Also #155.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

In post 256, Heavy Anaconda wrote:
In post 247, Billy Pilgrim wrote:@Bepwei - if I'm scum, am I trying to blend in, or am I trying to deepwolf? Because it seems like you're suggesting both in your explanation to Karnage.
Not here to answer for Bepwei. But what do you actually mean by "deepwolf"?
By deepwolf, I mean trying to drive the game as scum. It's generally the opposite of trying to coast through the game and just not arouse suspicion. Its trying to build cases on people and get town credibility, even though you're mostly pushing mislynches.

For a good example of deepwolfing or power wolfing check out Farkran's play in my last newbie. I think it was 1953. But Farkran got heavily townread early and it continued through.
Heavy Anaconda
Heavy Anaconda
Townie
Heavy Anaconda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:30 pm

Post by Heavy Anaconda »

Ok, I thought it meant like a wolf deep undercover. Bussing or otherwise playing against his win con.
Arkias
Arkias
Goon
Arkias
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:14 pm

Post by Arkias »

Waiting on the replacements information.
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:38 pm

Post by Karnage »

In post 261, Heavy Anaconda wrote:Every time I reread I just want to tear into Micc again.

Waiting on Guildedsun pick a side
. Have you made it to post 100? Was wondering what you thought of that. Also #155.
What are the "sides" she's choosing from?
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:00 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Vote Count 1.6
thegildedsun (4) ~
billy pilgrim, micc, gyro zeppeli, arkias

billy pilgrim (2) ~
heavy anaconda, bepwei

bepwei (1) ~
karnage

Not voting (2) ~
bbmolla, thegildedsun

With 9 alive it's 5 to lynch

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-11-15 09:00:00)

mod notes:

- :)
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Heavy Anaconda
Heavy Anaconda
Townie
Heavy Anaconda
Townie
Townie

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:04 pm

Post by Heavy Anaconda »

My side or his side is what I pretty much meant.
"I want you to take a stance on current issues" would be a better answer
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:17 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

@GildedSun, we are less than two days from deadline atm. When should your catchup be done?
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:28 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

I'm planning on it during study hall today which is in about an hour and forty-five minutes. I have MUN every Tuesday so I was busy last night and then I went to sleep so I didn't have any more time yesterday, my apologies. Expect my activity soon though.
bepwei
bepwei
Goon
bepwei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:11 am

Post by bepwei »

I am not familiar to the term deep wolf, but from the definition you gave below, I would say almost both... you’re trying to deepwolf. You’re trying too hard (imo) to get people on your side. So you’re deep wolfing to blend in if that makes sense. Sorry for my lack of the correct terms. Let me know if you need more clarification.
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:47 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

I find it odd how Billy was defending Jones on Pg 5. (Saying he liked his 99, his 100 didn't sound scummy.. Will keep in mind.)

The bandwagon on Jones on page 7... Started by Billy, followed by BBmolla, Micc
Arkias is confused by the vote on Jones..
Anaconda replaced Salsae and is against the wagon.
Bepwei follows Anaconda's vote on Billy.
Gyro follows the Jones vote with very little input. Arkias votes him too.

General opinions on players.

Karnage
Salsae/Anaconda
Gyro

BBmolla
Bep
wei
Billy Pilgrim
Ar
kias
Micc

My slot is definitely in a tough spot and I'm not so sure what else I can do. I'll just leave some of my own thoughts for after I am lynched. Unless a claim would be helpful? I'm a newer player so I've never experienced a claim in any forum mafia games I've played so I'm not so sure on the policy of those.

I do disagree with a lot of my predecessor's claims and posts.
Billy Pilgrim
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Billy Pilgrim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:03 am

Post by Billy Pilgrim »

@Gilded - why is Micc your top scumread?
Karnage
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Karnage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:30 am

Post by Karnage »

In post 271, TheGildedSun wrote: My slot is definitely in a tough spot and I'm not so sure what else I can do. I'll just leave some of my own thoughts for after I am lynched. Unless a claim would be helpful? I'm a newer player so I've never experienced a claim in any forum mafia games I've played so I'm not so sure on the policy of those.
generally, you shouldn't claim your role unless you are at L-1 and someone has stated their intent to hammer
GTKAS - Karnage
Indefinite V/LA
TheGildedSun
TheGildedSun
Townie
TheGildedSun
Townie
Townie

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:46 am

Post by TheGildedSun »

In post 272, Billy Pilgrim wrote:@Gilded - why is Micc your top scumread?
It's a bit flimsy reasoning but Micc seems very manipulative and pushy, agressive, which is usually how experienced scum plays. He's kind of the leader of everyone's consensus and it makes me feel a bit uneasy.

It's not enough for me to place a vote, though. It's not really because he clashed so hard against Jones, either. If I didn't know the slot was town then I totally would of suspected him as well. He was acting very sketchy and jumping his opinions around, especially with BBmolla.