LoserdudeOG:
Jake The Wolfie
No Vote:
SausasaurusRex
With 9 people it takes 5 to lynch

Day will end when the timer below hits zero:
(expired on 2019-11-22 18:50:36)
Everything is Intentional - Newbie 1975: Zen has started... finally

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:08 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

Can ThesaurusRex be more active? It's hard to progress the game when not everyone is participating.
Jocus Aevorum
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:29 pm

Post by Jocus Aevorum »

In post 119, Moonchild wrote:Okay well if we are going to have a lynch I will Vote:Jake because he’s been really aggressive at times when his had the suspension on him.
This is a reason, is it not?
Jocus Aevorum
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:30 pm

Post by Jocus Aevorum »

In post 126, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
Can ThesaurusRex be more active? It's hard to progress the game when not everyone is participating.
Check his location; he's probably sleeping right now.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:34 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 127, Jocus Aevorum wrote:
In post 119, Moonchild wrote:Okay well if we are going to have a lynch I will Vote:Jake because he’s been really aggressive at times when his had the suspension on him.
This is a reason, is it not?
Lie to me right now and say that that's not what the argument is or relates to.
Yimmy
Yimmy
Goon
Yimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:58 pm

Post by Yimmy »

In post 39, Jocus Aevorum wrote:
In post 7, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 5, Jocus Aevorum wrote:VOTE: SausasaurusRex
Welcome back to the scum life!
Since nothing else is happening, is there some history I'm not bothered to read up on, or is this just a random vote?
Isn't this a serious question?
Isn't this a complaint?
jake completely ignored this question and jocus didn't acknowledge that jake ignored it, and both of those things irritate me.
In post 60, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:And then to have Yimmy , just kind of smells of scumbuddies.
I neither said that Jake was town nor that his first posts were town indicative (I think they're entirely null). I do think they're far from scum indicative because I think asking questions, forced or "overreactions" as they may be is the best way out of RVS by a mile, and to suspect someone for pushing out of RVS is absolutely silly. Perhaps I'm mistaken because of my long absence though. How should we escape RVS without forced questions?
In post 84, Jocus Aevorum wrote:Quick transition from defending each other to a conflict is a concern.
Where did Jake defend me? Where did I oppose Jake? Or are you referring to someone else?
In post 100, Moonchild wrote:
In post 96, LoserdudeOG wrote:
In post 94, Moonchild wrote:Seeing Jocus while going back through the thread he seems to continually attack jake at any opportunity he gets even going back to his old game to try and get us to believe him.
I think Jocus is aggressive af, but town
That’s why I think he has an important town role because he is very vocal about what he thinks.
Why are you PR hunting?
I think the Scum team is most likely LoserdudeOG/Focus Aevorum
Can you elaborate on both of these? Both of these just look like OMGUS as it is.

that's the response portion. onto reads and such

EspeciallyTheLies: slight town. He's scumhunting prominently and asking good questions without any fluff, and his logic is sound and doesn't seem to have an agenda. 72 and 78 give me some pause though. Basically telling Jake what to think and then that he likes him looks a little manipulative.

Jocum: very slight town. He looks to be scumhunting and isn't afraid to share his thoughts, but on the other hand he's only scumhunting Jake. Such tunneling from page 1 would be silly for scum to do, so I'll put him at town for now. Would you share some thoughts about anybody's alignment besides Jake?

Pyro: null. His last post was hardly out of RVS but the promise of iso's gives me hope. I eagerly await it

Dunnstral: null. please post. you've only posted once since RVS and it was one sentence :/

Loserdude: null. He looks to be scumhunting and thinking in a pro-town manner, but then puts Jake (who he has not voiced any suspicions of) at L-2 for no explained reason. Why did vote for Jake?

SausasaurusRex: null. His only non-RVS post is just a reiteration of somebody elses post, but he isn't posting enough that it seems he's trying to look like town. don't want to give a pass on lurking, though. post more

Jake: slight scum. He's the noisiest by quite a bit, but he hasn't shared any thoughts (like reads or disagreements) unless specifically questioned or under heavy pressure (l-2), just questions, defense, and telling other people to post thoughts. Looks like scum trying to be proactive without the effort or risk of faking opinions. (his first two posts are still null though) Might I ask you for a full readslist with reasoning?

Moonchild: scum. 27 to 30 is odd. 27 voices suspicion/concern at some people's behavior (without naming names for some reason), but immediately after in 30 she says she wouldn't suspect anyone. And then in 82 she happily voices suspicion on Jake (a wagon that's already gained steam) and
me
(later corrected to Jocum) with very little to back that up. And then she later in 100 goes on to say that she thinks Jocum's a PR and not scum, implying both PR hunting (town doesn't want to out a PR and get them killed) and arbitrary read changes. Just overall seems scared to accuse anybody of being scum, which would make a lot more sense if she herself was scum Could you please elaborate on your scumreads, and also tell me when and why you changed from thinking Jocum was scum to thinking he was a PR?
Regarding the townslip: I feel like I vaguely remember from my time here three years ago that newbies are prone to trying to fake townslips. idk if this is accurate at all though, please correct me if I'm wrong.

good night
Moonchild
Moonchild
Townie
Moonchild
Townie
Townie

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:09 pm

Post by Moonchild »

In post 130, Yimmy wrote:
In post 39, Jocus Aevorum wrote:
In post 7, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 5, Jocus Aevorum wrote:VOTE: SausasaurusRex
Welcome back to the scum life!
Since nothing else is happening, is there some history I'm not bothered to read up on, or is this just a random vote?
Isn't this a serious question?
Isn't this a complaint?
jake completely ignored this question and jocus didn't acknowledge that jake ignored it, and both of those things irritate me.
In post 60, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:And then to have Yimmy , just kind of smells of scumbuddies.
I neither said that Jake was town nor that his first posts were town indicative (I think they're entirely null). I do think they're far from scum indicative because I think asking questions, forced or "overreactions" as they may be is the best way out of RVS by a mile, and to suspect someone for pushing out of RVS is absolutely silly. Perhaps I'm mistaken because of my long absence though. How should we escape RVS without forced questions?
In post 84, Jocus Aevorum wrote:Quick transition from defending each other to a conflict is a concern.
Where did Jake defend me? Where did I oppose Jake? Or are you referring to someone else?
In post 100, Moonchild wrote:
In post 96, LoserdudeOG wrote:
In post 94, Moonchild wrote:Seeing Jocus while going back through the thread he seems to continually attack jake at any opportunity he gets even going back to his old game to try and get us to believe him.
I think Jocus is aggressive af, but town
That’s why I think he has an important town role because he is very vocal about what he thinks.
Why are you PR hunting?
I think the Scum team is most likely LoserdudeOG/Focus Aevorum
Can you elaborate on both of these? Both of these just look like OMGUS as it is.

that's the response portion. onto reads and such

EspeciallyTheLies: slight town. He's scumhunting prominently and asking good questions without any fluff, and his logic is sound and doesn't seem to have an agenda. 72 and 78 give me some pause though. Basically telling Jake what to think and then that he likes him looks a little manipulative.

Jocum: very slight town. He looks to be scumhunting and isn't afraid to share his thoughts, but on the other hand he's only scumhunting Jake. Such tunneling from page 1 would be silly for scum to do, so I'll put him at town for now. Would you share some thoughts about anybody's alignment besides Jake?

Pyro: null. His last post was hardly out of RVS but the promise of iso's gives me hope. I eagerly await it

Dunnstral: null. please post. you've only posted once since RVS and it was one sentence :/

Loserdude: null. He looks to be scumhunting and thinking in a pro-town manner, but then puts Jake (who he has not voiced any suspicions of) at L-2 for no explained reason. Why did vote for Jake?

SausasaurusRex: null. His only non-RVS post is just a reiteration of somebody elses post, but he isn't posting enough that it seems he's trying to look like town. don't want to give a pass on lurking, though. post more

Jake: slight scum. He's the noisiest by quite a bit, but he hasn't shared any thoughts (like reads or disagreements) unless specifically questioned or under heavy pressure (l-2), just questions, defense, and telling other people to post thoughts. Looks like scum trying to be proactive without the effort or risk of faking opinions. (his first two posts are still null though) Might I ask you for a full readslist with reasoning?

Moonchild: scum. 27 to 30 is odd. 27 voices suspicion/concern at some people's behavior (without naming names for some reason), but immediately after in 30 she says she wouldn't suspect anyone. And then in 82 she happily voices suspicion on Jake (a wagon that's already gained steam) and
me
(later corrected to Jocum) with very little to back that up. And then she later in 100 goes on to say that she thinks Jocum's a PR and not scum, implying both PR hunting (town doesn't want to out a PR and get them killed) and arbitrary read changes. Just overall seems scared to accuse anybody of being scum, which would make a lot more sense if she herself was scum Could you please elaborate on your scumreads, and also tell me when and why you changed from thinking Jocum was scum to thinking he was a PR?
Regarding the townslip: I feel like I vaguely remember from my time here three years ago that newbies are prone to trying to fake townslips. idk if this is accurate at all though, please correct me if I'm wrong.

good night
To be honestly I’m winging this I never knew this website existed till a few days ago, can you please tell me what PR hunting is?
Yimmy
Yimmy
Goon
Yimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:15 pm

Post by Yimmy »

A strong town role (more specifically anything besides vanilla townie or mafia goon) is referred to as a power role, or pr for short. So pr hunting is searching for strong town roles
Moonchild
Moonchild
Townie
Moonchild
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:38 pm

Post by Moonchild »

In post 132, Yimmy wrote:A strong town role (more specifically anything besides vanilla townie or mafia goon) is referred to as a power role, or pr for short. So pr hunting is searching for strong town roles
Thank you now I understand why people were taking my actions negatively
Yimmy
Yimmy
Goon
Yimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by Yimmy »

upon further thought: while voicing who you think is a pr is absolutely not good town play, it would also be poor scum play. everything else still stands, though.
Moonchild
Moonchild
Townie
Moonchild
Townie
Townie

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:45 pm

Post by Moonchild »

Okay so I was looking at other mafia games and should we start asking questions cause at the moment we aren’t getting anywhere.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:10 pm

Post by SausasaurusRex »

Sorry for not posting much guys. I’m in a different time zone to most of you, so I’m asleep while most of the discussion happens. I’ve been reading through the thread, and have come to the conclusion Jake is scum (and possibly Yimmy too), for the following reasons:

Jake was defended by Yimmy for seemingly no reason, despite Yimmy having no reason to know he’s town. The only good reason they would have to defend each other is if they are both scumbuddies. However, Yimmy has produced good reads, whilst Jake has just made arguments that don’t reallly make sense. As a result of this:

VOTE: Jake the Wolfie

However, I would also be open to a moonchild vote. He hasn’t made any good arguments (I think), and does things that are bad for the town. However, I would understand this just being him not knowing what to do during his first game.

Apologies if I got anything wrong, I’m on mobile.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:18 pm

Post by SausasaurusRex »

Just realised -
This is L-1
Moonchild
Moonchild
Townie
Moonchild
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:27 pm

Post by Moonchild »

I am her* btw
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:33 pm

Post by SausasaurusRex »

Ah, my apologies, I must have misread that.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:08 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 130, Yimmy wrote:72 and 78 give me some pause though. Basically telling Jake what to think and then that he likes him looks a little manipulative.
It definitely was manipulative, but it wasn't meant to actually make him do anything. It was more of a way to interact with him and see his reactions, and when he caved I thought it was hilarious.
In post 130, Yimmy wrote:Moonchild: scum.
So you don't think she townslipped in ?
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:15 am

In post 137, SausasaurusRex wrote:Just realised -
This is L-1
Too early for this in my opinion. We've essentially only pressured one person. Flipping him now, even if he is mafia, yields minimal information, and only about ONE wagon. By the end of Day One, we ideally want at least a few different wagons to analyze. We still have several days left in this day phase. The benefit of being able to review multiple VCAs with multiple wagons is that you can compare behavior across the board between players, giving you a much more well-rounded perspective on the game.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:15 am

I feel like saus is just phoning it in. why?
Art is cool.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:34 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 141, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 137, SausasaurusRex wrote:Just realised -
This is L-1
Too early for this in my opinion. We've essentially only pressured one person. Flipping him now, even if he is mafia, yields minimal information, and only about ONE wagon. By the end of Day One, we ideally want at least a few different wagons to analyze. We still have several days left in this day phase. The benefit of being able to review multiple VCAs with multiple wagons is that you can compare behavior across the board between players, giving you a much more well-rounded perspective on the game.
That’s a good point, I do want to pressure some more people before the day ends. I’ll begin with a

VOTE: moonchild

It may just have been not knowing how the game works, but I want to hear a little more from her before the day ends.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:35 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

Also, @especiallyTheLies, what did you mean by “phoning it in”?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:39 am

In post 144, SausasaurusRex wrote:Also, @especiallyTheLies, what did you mean by “phoning it in”?
"To perform a role or duty in a halfhearted, disinterested, and unprofessional manner."
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:40 am

I'm gonna need some serious cases from the people voting moonchild to be honest. She's my top townread.
Art is cool.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:41 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

You must have misinterpreted my post. I didn’t mean to come across disinterested, this is my only game of mafia currently happening, and I really enjoy mafia. I just felt most of what I would say had already been said, and there was no point in repeating it.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:47 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

My reason voting Moonchild was to get her to try to speak a bit more. Her argument for voting Jake wasn’t great (“he’s been quite aggressive”), but goes on to describe Jocus’s aggressiveness as being “very vocal”, and making her think he is a PR. Even if we ignore that, simply saying someone is PR is detrimental to the town, unless you’re trying to lead scum away from killing you during the night, which I doubt Moonchild has the experience to think about doing.

Besides, I don’t expect the vote to really go anywhere, I just want some explanations for this behaviour.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:39 am

It just seems like you don't really care where your vote goes or what's actually happening. You can say it's because you want answers but you need to interact with her, which I haven't seen much of. Do you have no suspicions anywhere?
Art is cool.