SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:00 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

I do care. It’s just hard to interact with people when I sleep whilst they’re awake. It’s not my fault. The discussion last night happened at 3am for me. Therefore, I placed a vote, in the hope she will explain whilst I sleep. I do have suspicions. Currently, my suspicions are on Jake, Yimmy, and Moonchild, which, you’ll note, are the ones I voted for. (Apart from Yimmy, but I can only have one vote at a time). I don’t understand what makes you think I don’t care.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:31 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 150, SausasaurusRex wrote:I do care. It’s just hard to interact with people when I sleep whilst they’re awake. It’s not my fault. The discussion last night happened at 3am for me. Therefore, I placed a vote, in the hope she will explain whilst I sleep. I do have suspicions. Currently, my suspicions are on Jake, Yimmy, and Moonchild, which, you’ll note, are the ones I voted for. (Apart from Yimmy, but I can only have one vote at a time). I don’t understand what makes you think I don’t care.
Might just be a tonal thing. You can still interact even if it's not in realtime. Just shoot responses at people and hopefully they get them when they get back online.

What do you think about Jake's outburst on the last couple pages? How do you feel about loserdudeOG chiming in to stoke fires?
Art is cool.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:41 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

With Jake, I had expected an outburst at L-2 this early, but he doesn’t do anything intelligent. He just complains, and fails to make a single valid argument why he is town. This makes me suspect he’s scum, because he must surely have
something
he could say, even if it’s not very good. Just anything more than conplaints.

I don’t think loserdudeOG has “stoked fires”. He’s made a few statements, but really hasn’t said anything outrageous, or tried to get people to lynch each other. The thing I do want to know about, though, is why he thinks Jocus is town, despite being aggressive. Jocus really hasn’t yet done anything that could prove he is town, and his aggressiveness doesn’t help. I don’t scumread him, I’m just unsure what to make of it. Of course, he was aggressive in my last game too, but I would’ve though he’d change his gameplay based on what people thought of him.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:58 am

In post 152, SausasaurusRex wrote:he was aggressive in my last game too, but I would’ve though he’d change his gameplay based on what people thought of him.
I think this leans more towards him being town. I like his logic in 67, for the most part and I like his prodding of Jake's wording. I can see people calling his active poking "aggressive", though I tend to apply that more to attitude than activity.

I don't understand why Moonchild is being scumread. It's pretty clear to me she townslipped unintentionally, but even despite that, her ISO is pretty town-motivated. Can you walk me through your read there a bit more, please?

Pyro on the other hand promised some "hitting the ISOs" and has not delivered thus far. On anyone. So I'm waiting to see if that was just buttsmoke or not. What do you think of Pyro's posting? Where do you think it falls on the spectrum between Jake/Yimmy/Moonchild and the rest?

Also, who else in this game have you played with before?
Art is cool.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:01 am

Post by Thespio »

Update
Vote Count

Jake The Wolfie:
Jocus Aevorum, LoserdudeOG, Moonchild[L-2]

Jocus Aevorum:
Yimmy, PyroDerma
Moonchild:
Dunnstral, SausasaurusRex
Yimmy:
EspeciallyTheLies
LoserdudeOG:
Jake The Wolfie
No Vote:
No-one
With 9 people it takes 5 to lynch

Day will end when the timer below hits zero:
(expired on 2019-11-22 18:50:36)
Last edited by Thespio on Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everything is Intentional - Newbie 1975: Zen has started... finally

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
PyroDerma
PyroDerma
Townie
PyroDerma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:02 am

Post by PyroDerma »

So, ISO comparisons and tracking is hard. I now have multiple windows open, and a paper noteboook, and it's just a mess.

Even though I think that Jake is kind of a pain, and being aggro instead of cooperative...and I think that sowing chaos skews hard-scummy, it is earlyish on day 1. L-1 leaves the option for an oops-hammer (or faux-oops-hammer). However, if we're going to ask for a claim, that's OK too...

For now, either force claim if we think it's worth it, or perhaps someone could pull us back just a bit from the brink?

Back soon.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:08 am

Well if that wasn't the swiftest beetlejuice I have ever seen....

:lol:
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:09 am

In post 155, PyroDerma wrote:or perhaps someone could pull us back just a bit from the brink?
I find it hard to believe you're following closely enough to be this responsive while at the same time missing Saucy's vote change...
Art is cool.
Jocus Aevorum
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:35 am

Post by Jocus Aevorum »

In post 123, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 121, Moonchild wrote:VOTE: Jake
Stop sheeping and produce content, damnit!
In post 129, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 127, Jocus Aevorum wrote:
In post 119, Moonchild wrote:Okay well if we are going to have a lynch I will Vote:Jake because he’s been really aggressive at times when his had the suspension on him.
This is a reason, is it not?
Lie to me right now and say that that's not what the argument is or relates to.
Do you realize that you are not producing "content," by your definition, by telling others to produce content?

Jake is walking himself into a hole. In conflict, he is carelessly further driving himself into suspicion by his aggression rather than seeking a way out. This could be super aggressive town who has fallen to his emotions, or it could be a scum play that messed up very early.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:37 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

The fact that I hit L-1 so early is not disconcerting to anyone? Scum was trying to quicklynch me. Open your damn eyes, people, or else you might as well take them out.

PyroDerma wrote:So, ISO comparisons and tracking is hard. I now have multiple windows open, and a paper noteboook, and it's just a mess.

Even though I think that Jake is kind of a pain, and being aggro instead of cooperative...and I think that sowing chaos skews hard-scummy, it is earlyish on day 1. L-1 leaves the option for an oops-hammer (or faux-oops-hammer). However, if we're going to ask for a claim, that's OK too...

For now, either force claim if we think it's worth it, or perhaps someone could pull us back just a bit from the brink?

Back soon.
Other than me, who would you kill right now? Who would you Bulletproof? We need more content than "I promise an ISO soon, just give me time" bullshit.

SausasaurusRex wrote:Just realised -
This is L-1
And you don't at the very least immediately unvote? You calling this out makes me think that you wanted someone to hammer me so the blood wouldn't be on your hands.

Moonchild wrote:Okay so I was looking at other mafia games and should we start asking questions cause at the moment we aren’t getting anywhere.
Asking questions is how I got scumread. Progressing the game = scum, apparently.

Yimmy wrote:upon further thought: while voicing who you think is a pr is absolutely not good town play, it would also be poor scum play. everything else still stands, though.
They did claim to be new, so they might not have known better as scum.

Jocus Aevorum wrote:
In post 123, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 121, Moonchild wrote:VOTE: Jake
Stop sheeping and produce content, damnit!
In post 129, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 127, Jocus Aevorum wrote:
In post 119, Moonchild wrote:Okay well if we are going to have a lynch I will Vote:Jake because he’s been really aggressive at times when his had the suspension on him.
This is a reason, is it not?
Lie to me right now and say that that's not what the argument is or relates to.
Do you realize that you are not producing "content," by your definition, by telling others to produce content?

Jake is walking himself into a hole. In conflict, he is carelessly further driving himself into suspicion by his aggression rather than seeking a way out. This could be super aggressive town who has fallen to his emotions, or it could be a scum play that messed up very early.
And all you've done is say "Jake is scum because of the content that I'm saying they didn't make, therefore scum"
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:47 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

@EspeciallyTheLies, I haven’t played with anyone except Jocus before.

PyroDerma hasn’t really done anything of note yet.

With Moonchild... yeah, I get what you’re saying. Her slip-ups are extreme, but she doesn’t seem to know what’s going on. Despite this, she says she has read other mafia games, but still doesn’t seem to know the basics. She also claims we’re “not getting anywhere”, despite having gone from having literally no information (a part from the two mafia) to having some early reads. It’s as if she hasn’t really been paying attention, but is also trying really hard to keep up. It’s all just a little off-putting. You’re probably right, but I’m going to leave my vote on her for now. I don’t expect her to get lynched, though.

P-edit: Jake, you’re supposed to say if you realise you put someone at L-1. I thought leaving you there (at least for a short time) would promote some discussion, but instantly removing it would just look like I was scum that got cold feet. Therefore, I left it for a short time, and you’ll notice it provoked some discussion - I.e. especiallyTheLies.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:50 am

SausasaurusRex wrote:@EspeciallyTheLies, I haven’t played with anyone except Jocus before.

PyroDerma hasn’t really done anything of note yet.

With Moonchild... yeah, I get what you’re saying. Her slip-ups are extreme, but she doesn’t seem to know what’s going on. Despite this, she says she has read other mafia games, but still doesn’t seem to know the basics. She also claims we’re “not getting anywhere”, despite having gone from having literally no information (a part from the two mafia) to having some early reads. It’s as if she hasn’t really been paying attention, but is also trying really hard to keep up. It’s all just a little off-putting. You’re probably right, but I’m going to leave my vote on her for now. I don’t expect her to get lynched, though.

P-edit: Jake, you’re supposed to say if you realise you put someone at L-1. I thought leaving you there (at least for a short time) would promote some discussion, but instantly removing it would just look like I was scum that got cold feet. Therefore, I left it for a short time, and you’ll notice it provoked some discussion - I.e. especiallyTheLies.
And what if I was quicklynched? The quicklyncher could've easily claimed "They were scummy" without any explanation, and the apparent leader (Jocus) would Deathtunnel anyone who asks for an explanation for why.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:55 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

What makes you think Jocus would be able to make an entire bandwagon based on someone asking why? People would see the scuminess of a player who can provide no good explanation for their lynching of another player, and, in so doing, eliminate a mafia. There is no way people would vote someone simply for asking why.
Jocus Aevorum
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:58 am

Post by Jocus Aevorum »

Quicklynching anyone before two days in on D1 is an obvious scumtell. Would anyone be dumb enough to do it?
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:05 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

Exactly the point I was making. Why would anyone do it? It would be stupid.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:08 am

In post 162, SausasaurusRex wrote:What makes you think Jocus would be able to make an entire bandwagon based on someone asking why? People would see the scuminess of a player who can provide no good explanation for their lynching of another player, and, in so doing, eliminate a mafia. There is no way people would vote someone simply for asking why.
I mean, if he's able to lead a lynch on me for evidence that he doesn't have, and he admits to not having, he can do pretty much anything.

Jocus Aevorum wrote:Quicklynching anyone before two days in on D1 is an obvious scumtell. Would anyone be dumb enough to do it?
You're shitting me right now. You're actually being reasonable for once?
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:20 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 165, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 162, SausasaurusRex wrote:What makes you think Jocus would be able to make an entire bandwagon based on someone asking why? People would see the scuminess of a player who can provide no good explanation for their lynching of another player, and, in so doing, eliminate a mafia. There is no way people would vote someone simply for asking why.
I mean, if he's able to lead a lynch on me for evidence that he doesn't have, and he admits to not having, he can do pretty much anything.
I don’t see where he has said he doesn’t have evidence. It seems to me like he provides good reasoning for his votes. However, I have to go to sleep now, and so will be unable to respond until I wake up. If anyone has any questions they would like to ask me, just put an @SausasaurusRex (or @Rex if you’re lazy) and I will endeavour to answer them all when I wake up.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:31 am

In post 158, Jocus Aevorum wrote:Do you realize that you are not producing "content," by your definition, by telling others to produce content?

@Rex, explain how I can both be scumread and be accused of not making content?
PyroDerma
PyroDerma
Townie
PyroDerma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:49 am

Post by PyroDerma »

I hope no one expected a quote-filled exposition like some of the excellent ones above. When I 'hit the ISOs', I just got the following reads.

Moonchild: Either splendor-in-the-grass total neophyte who hasn't read old games or the wiki, or the baby in Who Framed Roger Rabbit with the cigar and the 5 o'clock shadow. Early townslip, plus one-line responses make a read difficult. I feel town-ish now but if I try to snuggle the Moonchild and end up with a stilletto in the back, I wouldn't be too too surprised. GTMH, naive town.

Jakes: The aggro method might be real, but it sows chaos. Would rather see a few other people pressured before we decide. If someone wanted to push a policy lynch for increasing town entropy, OK. Slight scum. *note since draft...missed the vote change, some of the above is less relevant.*

Sauce: On one hand, his feelings about Jakes are very close to my own... Jake is full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. OTOH, in post 46, he said "they haven’t gotten anywhere close a lynch." Do townies call the town "they" or "we?" "We," right? That makes me worry about LDude, as perhaps they were playing roles but forgot to adjust pronouns? I think the slip is real. Scum.

Jocus: Seems measured and helping with scumhunting, if only a bit. Tunnelling Jakes works for me right now, but that may be seen in a different light later. Lean Town.

Yimmy: Null. "Defense of Jakes" as a scumbuddy early was awfully mild...more of a challenge to Jocus. I get having to push something in RVS, but that seems bogus.

Dunnstral: Lurking. That's scummy. Scum until otherwise proven... May be protecting one of the Yimmy/Jakes pairing he defended POST 98

ETLies: Really good player, compliments other, makes good points. Analyses are reasonable and fit the quotations. If he's scum, I am very worried... Lean town.

LDude: Posts 91 and 92 are super-sketchy. 91 What if he scum-knows Jake will flip town, and has make a primrose path right to ETLies. He knows Jake is hurting, what if he parlays that into two mislynches when Jake flips town and are pointed at Yimmy?. 92 Accuse two of being scumbuddies...how can know you'll get to bus the right one? Again, assume Jakes gets lynched, if we trust this analysis, he's pointed us at ETLies AND Yimmy. Read: Scummy AF

Now: From scummiest to towniest: LDude Sauce Dunnstral Jakes Yimmy Jocus ETLies MoonC ME <---- note unreliable self-analysis
PyroDerma
PyroDerma
Townie
PyroDerma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:51 am

Post by PyroDerma »

Also, any hints in formatting replies to better make a good case would be helpful...I feel like that was difficult to read.
PyroDerma
PyroDerma
Townie
PyroDerma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:57 am

Post by PyroDerma »

In post 167, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 158, Jocus Aevorum wrote:Do you realize that you are not producing "content," by your definition, by telling others to produce content?

Scum doesn't make content. You're not making content. You're screaming at others to "MAKE CONTENT!"

That's how. If you're town, tone it down and put some effort in.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:01 pm

In post 168, PyroDerma wrote:Now: From scummiest to towniest: LDude Sauce Dunnstral Jakes Yimmy Jocus ETLies MoonC ME <---- note unreliable self-analysis
Then put your vote on LDude, or else they're clearly not your top scumread. Unless you're saying you are your own top scumread?
PyroDerma
PyroDerma
Townie
PyroDerma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:05 pm

Post by PyroDerma »

In post 156, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Well if that wasn't the swiftest beetlejuice I have ever seen....

:lol:
Unattractive timing...that was indeed swift scampering :o See above. This game is, actually, kinda hard. In a good way.
PyroDerma
PyroDerma
Townie
PyroDerma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:24 pm

Post by PyroDerma »

In post 171, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 168, PyroDerma wrote:Now: From scummiest to towniest: LDude Sauce Dunnstral Jakes Yimmy Jocus ETLies MoonC ME <---- note unreliable self-analysis
Then put your vote on LDude, or else they're clearly not your top scumread. Unless you're saying you are your own top scumread?
I take poorly to instructions from the likes of you.

Again, if you're town, settle down. Missed the reduction in your votecount, and am glad we're going to do more factfinding. But, again, I'm not entirely averse to a policy lynch because of your unhelpful behavior. Jocus doesn't seem to be panicking. We'll get votes moved as things develop. I like you at L-2, just not at L-1.....yet.

My vote will move when I see good reason for it. Not now, as I expect some fireworks this evening (USA Eastern time). Fireworks are a learning experience.

I will say if you go off on some lame rant because of my reply, that fuels the scumfire...as policy, or just for general scumspewing...and, no one will be surprised. Town's chill at 7 days left in Day1, because we have several more wagons to build.
PyroDerma
PyroDerma
Townie
PyroDerma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:35 pm

Post by PyroDerma »

In post 170, PyroDerma wrote:
In post 167, Jake The Wolfie wrote:

Scum doesn't make content. You're not making content. You're screaming at others to "MAKE CONTENT!"

That's how. If you're town, tone it down and put some effort in.
See the above post. I say make content. Instead:
In post 171, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
That's not content. That's distracting, unhelpful, and ...to belabor the point...essentially content-free. Please...make a good point, not just a strident one.