Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:42 pm

Post by Jocus Aevorum »

In post 167, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 158, Jocus Aevorum wrote:Do you realize that you are not producing "content," by your definition, by telling others to produce content?

@Rex, explain how I can both be scumread and be accused of not making content?
Filler...
Lurking...
IIOA...
Soft fluffposting (posting about the game but making no real contributions)...
The list goes on...
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:45 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 168, PyroDerma wrote:I hope no one expected a quote-filled exposition like some of the excellent ones above. When I 'hit the ISOs', I just got the following reads.

Moonchild: Either splendor-in-the-grass total neophyte who hasn't read old games or the wiki, or the baby in Who Framed Roger Rabbit with the cigar and the 5 o'clock shadow. Early townslip, plus one-line responses make a read difficult. I feel town-ish now but if I try to snuggle the Moonchild and end up with a stilletto in the back, I wouldn't be too too surprised. GTMH, naive town.

Jakes: The aggro method might be real, but it sows chaos. Would rather see a few other people pressured before we decide. If someone wanted to push a policy lynch for increasing town entropy, OK. Slight scum. *note since draft...missed the vote change, some of the above is less relevant.*

Sauce: On one hand, his feelings about Jakes are very close to my own... Jake is full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. OTOH, in post 46, he said "they haven’t gotten anywhere close a lynch." Do townies call the town "they" or "we?" "We," right? That makes me worry about LDude, as perhaps they were playing roles but forgot to adjust pronouns? I think the slip is real. Scum.

Jocus: Seems measured and helping with scumhunting, if only a bit. Tunnelling Jakes works for me right now, but that may be seen in a different light later. Lean Town.

Yimmy: Null. "Defense of Jakes" as a scumbuddy early was awfully mild...more of a challenge to Jocus. I get having to push something in RVS, but that seems bogus.

Dunnstral: Lurking. That's scummy. Scum until otherwise proven... May be protecting one of the Yimmy/Jakes pairing he defended POST 98

ETLies: Really good player, compliments other, makes good points. Analyses are reasonable and fit the quotations. If he's scum, I am very worried... Lean town.

LDude: Posts 91 and 92 are super-sketchy. 91 What if he scum-knows Jake will flip town, and has make a primrose path right to ETLies. He knows Jake is hurting, what if he parlays that into two mislynches when Jake flips town and are pointed at Yimmy?. 92 Accuse two of being scumbuddies...how can know you'll get to bus the right one? Again, assume Jakes gets lynched, if we trust this analysis, he's pointed us at ETLies AND Yimmy. Read: Scummy AF

Now: From scummiest to towniest: LDude Sauce Dunnstral Jakes Yimmy Jocus ETLies MoonC ME <---- note unreliable self-analysis
Let's go through this

Moonchild: Claimed to go through other games on the site, 135. With this in mind, they must be treated as a more advanced player than a complete newbie, as they claimed it.

Jake: Locktown. 100%.

Sauce: "They" could also refer to a person. And it seems like in 46, that is exactly what they were referring to.

Jocus: Death Tunneling because I asked questions to (unknowingly) get us out of RVS is a pro-town move? No. It is not.

Yimmy: I think Yimmy was defending me as either a push against Jocus, pocketing, or defending me. Maybe a combo of them.

Dunnstral: I agree with this. Dunnstral RVS'd Moonchild then basically left. Their entire ISO is 3 posts long.

ETLies: Not much to say about this. This are a Semi-Exp player. I'll probably do an analysis of any scum games they have vs Town, and compare it with this one.

LDude: This does know I'll flip town, and when I do, ETLies will most likely flip town too. This is a case of TMI. This also had an opportunistic vote on me

Pyro: Overall, it took awhile and I wish there was more, but I do love the effort into this ISO list. I do agree with some parts, but I do disagree with others.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:49 pm

In post 173, PyroDerma wrote:
In post 171, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 168, PyroDerma wrote:Now: From scummiest to towniest: LDude Sauce Dunnstral Jakes Yimmy Jocus ETLies MoonC ME <---- note unreliable self-analysis
Then put your vote on LDude, or else they're clearly not your top scumread. Unless you're saying you are your own top scumread?
I take poorly to instructions from the likes of you.

Again, if you're town, settle down. Missed the reduction in your votecount, and am glad we're going to do more factfinding. But, again, I'm not entirely averse to a policy lynch because of your unhelpful behavior. Jocus doesn't seem to be panicking. We'll get votes moved as things develop. I like you at L-2, just not at L-1.....yet.

My vote will move when I see good reason for it. Not now, as I expect some fireworks this evening (USA Eastern time). Fireworks are a learning experience.

I will say if you go off on some lame rant because of my reply, that fuels the scumfire...as policy, or just for general scumspewing...and, no one will be surprised. Town's chill at 7 days left in Day1, because we have several more wagons to build.
64 has something to say to you.
Moonchild
Moonchild
Townie
Moonchild
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:35 pm

Post by Moonchild »

UNVOTE: Jake
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:44 pm

In post 178, Moonchild wrote:UNVOTE: Jake
This is quite sudden. Why?
Moonchild
Moonchild
Townie
Moonchild
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:59 pm

Post by Moonchild »

Okay so I’ve read the new pages and yes I haven’t been very helpful but this has what I’ve gotten so far

Jake:
He came of as over reacting to RVS but his defence was he hasn’t played in a while which I understand, he has been very loud and though he keeps pushing others for content but mostly fails to provide his own I don’t think he is scummy I think he is a townie.

Especiallythelies:
Very well thought out and observant though post 60 when he first came in and Paired jake and Yimmy it seemed a bit rushed and voted jake straight up (as they said though could just be voting who they suspect most) other than that very helpful with information
Post 72 to 74 looks like he is trying to manipulate Jake into voting for Yimmy by calling him out and putting him in a position that no mater what Jake does he looks scum, as Jake said in post 75 if he doesn’t vote yimmy he would be scum because yimmy had been scum read and and if he does vote Yimmy he only did it because he was called out. At the moment I’m a little suspicious but let’s see what happens.

Rex:
He is being very productive I understand him voting me I haven’t had strong arguments and it’s quite smart to pressure people for info. He has some good argument and good at explaining his actions. I think he is a townie

Yimmy:
Early in post 22 defending Jake like he knows he is innocent even voting Jocus why so confident? (Could also be protecting fellow scum) Post 34 and 41 still pushing the defence of Jake making Jocus look scummy for pointing out what he thought was a bit scummy. Well spoken when explaining though I’m highly suspicious of him.

Dunnstral:
Nothing I don’t really have much to read from him, I’m gonna need more content to understand him.

Jocus:
good when explaining himself though only seems to be scum reading Jake I’d like to see him reading some other people. Townie

Pyroderma:
Well thought out explanations provides evidence of his thought and suspicions he seems like a townie to me.

Loserdude:
Very short few word responses post 47 and 48 Again post 52 this person seems to hardly be here but when they do they have small responses that aren’t helpful or readable Post 91 votes for Jake but in post 92 he then goes on to scum read especiallythelies, why vote Jake with information from a player you are scum reading in the post under. I have them on my radar.
Yimmy
Yimmy
Goon
Yimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:28 pm

Post by Yimmy »

In post 140, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 130, Yimmy wrote:72 and 78 give me some pause though. Basically telling Jake what to think and then that he likes him looks a little manipulative.
It definitely was manipulative, but it wasn't meant to actually make him do anything. It was more of a way to interact with him and see his reactions, and when he caved I thought it was hilarious.
I quite like this response. I can't imagine scum being so bold as to say "yes i was manipulating him".
In post 130, Yimmy wrote:Moonchild: scum.
So you don't think she townslipped in ?
Covered somewhat in the paragraph after the one you quoted.
I wrote:Regarding the townslip: I feel like I vaguely remember from my time here three years ago that newbies are prone to trying to fake townslips. idk if this is accurate at all though, please correct me if I'm wrong.
I really don't like to put stock in townslips anyway. They're easy to fake and since people naturally put a lot stock in them that makes them an easy thought to come on scum's mind. She also jumped back on the question not a minute later, which doesn't help me believe it one bit. Why are you so confident in it's legitimacy?
In post 146, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:I'm gonna need some serious cases from the people voting moonchild to be honest. She's my top townread.
Covered in the paragraph you quoted the beginning of earlier. I'll reiterate it with quotes and more at the bottom of this post for readability, though
In post 161, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
And what if I was quicklynched? The quicklyncher could've easily claimed "They were scummy" without any explanation, and the apparent leader (Jocus) would Deathtunnel anyone who asks for an explanation for why.
uhhhh, no? how much did you think this through
In post 165, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 162, SausasaurusRex wrote:What makes you think Jocus would be able to make an entire bandwagon based on someone asking why? People would see the scuminess of a player who can provide no good explanation for their lynching of another player, and, in so doing, eliminate a mafia. There is no way people would vote someone simply for asking why.
I mean, if he's able to lead a lynch on me for evidence that he doesn't have, and he admits to not having, he can do pretty much anything.
Did he admit to not having evidence?
Also, I would really like to see a post from you that isn't on the defensive. What do you think about anybody who is not voting for you, or anybody's actions besides voting for you?
In post 180, Moonchild wrote: Yimmy:
Early in post 22 defending Jake like he knows he is innocent even voting Jocus why so confident? (Could also be protecting fellow scum) Post 34 and 41 still pushing the defence of Jake making Jocus look scummy for pointing out what he thought was a bit scummy. Well spoken when explaining though I’m highly suspicious of him.
Covered in my last big post, but to reiterate: I'm confident that forced questions during RVS is a silly reason to scumread someone. I never mentioned Jake's alignment.

I really like Pyro's posts and readslist. It feels sincere, like he's just saying what he thinks and doing what he wants with little regard for if it could be suspicous.

Moonchild Case DX Director's Cut:

Spoiler:
In post 27, Moonchild wrote:
In post 26, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 23, Moonchild wrote:Hey guys I’ve never played before but just woke up and sent a confirmation
Good Day or Night. Even though there is very little to read right now, what is your current opinion on the Thread?
I’m not to sure but it seems a few people were already targeting me before I even started talking. Idk if it’s because I was quite or that it would be easy to get rid of me so they stay under the radar.

Clearly stating that she thinks some people are doing something that could be scum motivated (also didn't give names for some reason. feels overly cautious)

Spoiler:
In post 30, Moonchild wrote:
In post 28, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 27, Moonchild wrote:
In post 26, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 23, Moonchild wrote:Hey guys I’ve never played before but just woke up and sent a confirmation
Good Day or Night. Even though there is very little to read right now, what is your current opinion on the Thread?
I’m not to sure but it seems a few people were already targeting me before I even started talking. Idk if it’s because I was quite or that it would be easy to get rid of me so they stay under the radar.
Anyone you would suspect?
At this moment not really there isn’t enough info

But in the next post says she wouldn't suspect anything. Perhaps reasonable, but this is only exhibit A

Spoiler:
In post 82, Moonchild wrote:From what I’ve read I’m suspicious of Jake and Yimmy, they seem to be putting the blame on each other to avoid suspicion.

First time she's willing to take a stance, and it's that Jake and I are scummy, but that's a wagon that's already gained steam and her reason for jumping on isn't even accurate.

Spoiler:
In post 90, Moonchild wrote:
In post 89, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 87, Jocus Aevorum wrote:You got a problem with people stating their opinions? Not all opinions are original. It's better for people to state agreement with others than to say nothing at all. Do you think that we have nothing to analyze if someone just says "I agree"?
Moonchild hasn't produced much content, and I'm being scumread for pushing it? No wonder we're lynching a town D1 instead of pushing for content.

Moonchild wrote:
In post 86, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 85, Jocus Aevorum wrote:
In post 83, Jake The Wolfie wrote: Do something productive other than scumreading someone for the
exact
same reason as others.[/color]
It's fine for someone to say "I agree."
That's both lazy and unproductive, and I will scumread you if you just say "I agree", even if directed at me.

Jocus Aevorum wrote:Quick transition from defending each other to a conflict is a concern.
Quote me where they turned on me. They haven't. They haven't even spoken about it yet.
I was stating what I saw and how I feel even if it is the same as others. You on the other hand have started to become a lot more defensive, scumread me all you want you want but I’m trying to figure things out.
Quote me on where Yimmy attacked me or GTFO.
Okay so I just went back through the thread and realised that I was thinking of Jocus not Yimmy. I apologise

She later corrects replacing me with Jocus, so that means she thinks Jocus and Jake are scum.
Spoiler:
In post 100, Moonchild wrote:
In post 96, LoserdudeOG wrote:
In post 94, Moonchild wrote:Seeing Jocus while going back through the thread he seems to continually attack jake at any opportunity he gets even going back to his old game to try and get us to believe him.
I think Jocus is aggressive af, but town
That’s why I think he has an important town role because he is very vocal about what he thinks.

But now she says A: Jocum is not scum, but a PR, and B: the aggressiveness is the reason he thinks he's a town PR. So her stance on Jocum completely flips for no discernible reason
These last three posts are the big thing. To reiterate these three posts: Jake and Jocum are suspicious because they're blaming each other, but also that Jocum's aggressiveness is a towntell. In the context of Jocum, blaming Jake and aggressiveness are the same thing so she just made an unexplainable flip flop.
OR... She never thought the blame/aggressiveness was scummy in the first place, and was just making an excuse to jump on the wagons that already had steam.
I can't imagine an explanation that makes her town here. (note: she didn't vote, but the suspicion holds the same weight i think, seeing as she's very cautious with votes and expressing suspicion now let's her vote when she needs to).

All of this looks like she's scared to have an opinion that others might disagree with. Her last post doesn't mesh with this I suppose but I voted before that, and it's explainable (she's been reading games, for one thing)
LoserdudeOG
LoserdudeOG
Goon
LoserdudeOG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:55 pm

Post by LoserdudeOG »

Looks like some explanation is required:

I have exclusively played mafia in person with my buds. Due to that I am very accustomed to days taking 5-10 minutes as opposed to 7-8 days. I didn't realize that the intention was to wait until the last day/second to last day to lynch, so I became eager with my vote to Jake, thinking he was acting scummy, but also planning for contingency that I was being taken for a ride by EspeciallyTheLies (he was the reason I suspected Jake the most due to his 60 post). My suspicions about Especially were mostly due to me being used to my in person mafia history. Its very much a "say what your gut is feeling and see how they defend themselves". Only issue with that is i was afk for a little bit and wasnt able to respond/see responses (ironic I know after scumming Especially for afk in 92).

I am going to keep my vote on Jake for now because, as its been pointed out by several people, he has been screaming for people to add content, while putting out minimal content himself. The fact that he reads himself as locktown while seeing many of us doubt him and state our doubts, as well as what we need from him to quell those doubts seems arrogant. Definitely missing the point.

Moonchild I'm reading as a slight-town. Definitely spotted the townslip from her, but I've played games where new people ask those sort of questions that confirm them as town, but its all a feign to throw everyone off (I believe I did this my very first mafia game). Not saying this is the case, just something thats in the back of my head. @Moonchild, regarding my short responses, that was me misunderstanding the nature of this style, Also a question: Why is your read on me on 180 SO different than your read on 131? I said nothing in between those posts yet somehow your reads changed from "looks to be scumhunting and thinking in a pro-town manner" to "I have them (him is cool btw) on my radar"...

After catching up on the content that everyone has been posting, and understanding the online aspect of this game a little better, my suspicions of EspeciallyTheLies are no more. Naturally i am always cautious around experienced players because they have the strong advantage of knowing what theyre talking about, whether truthfully as town, or manipulatively as scum. My gut always tells me to suspect the latter. Reading your analyses though, I find myself agreeing with most of your reads. I apologize for my stab-in-the-dark scumread.

Jocus is a firm town in my eyes. I assume this means that Jake will pounce on a Loser/Jocus scumteam, but the fact that Jake suspects Jocus as scum just for tunneling on him reassures me that he is 95% town in my eyes.

Regarding Yimmy, It seems like the main case for his scumread is the fact that he defended jake during RVS. Can somebody explain the significance? Before he said something I was thinking of saying something myself...

Dunnstral i got nothing for, would love anything from them...

Pyro's ISO read brought some clarity on both him, and other players, but I'd like to address that I used "them" because I was unsure of the pronouns of who I was talking about. (something Moonchild just did in 180, and I'm doing now with Dunnstral, since they havent posted a lot I'm unsure of their pronouns).

Tbh I don't have a solid read on Pyro Yimmy or Sauce.

So we all know I am most definitely a night owl so I wake up late and stay up late (at least 3am EST) . Is there any way to enable notifications so I know when new posts are added?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:14 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 119, Moonchild wrote:Okay well if we are going to have a lynch I will Vote:Jake because he’s been really aggressive at times when his had the suspension on him.
This is pretty weak reasoning
In post 148, SausasaurusRex wrote:My reason voting Moonchild was to get her to try to speak a bit more. Her argument for voting Jake wasn’t great (“he’s been quite aggressive”), but goes on to describe Jocus’s aggressiveness as being “very vocal”, and making her think he is a PR. Even if we ignore that, simply saying someone is PR is detrimental to the town, unless you’re trying to lead scum away from killing you during the night, which I doubt Moonchild has the experience to think about doing.

Besides, I don’t expect the vote to really go anywhere, I just want some explanations for this behaviour.
Any kind of accusing someone else of being a pr or hinting that you think they're acting the way they are because they're a pr tends to be against towns best interest, as mafia do go over that stuff when deciding to kill.
In post 180, Moonchild wrote:Yimmy:
Early in post 22 defending Jake like he knows he is innocent even voting Jocus why so confident? (Could also be protecting fellow scum)
Well, your reason for voting Jake in the first place wasn't great either
LoserdudeOG
LoserdudeOG
Goon
LoserdudeOG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:34 pm

Post by LoserdudeOG »

@dunnstral that didnt really add anything. Care to elaborate? On anyone?
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:51 pm

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 168, PyroDerma wrote:
Sauce: On one hand, his feelings about Jakes are very close to my own... Jake is full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. OTOH, in post 46, he said "they haven’t gotten anywhere close a lynch." Do townies call the town "they" or "we?" "We," right? That makes me worry about LDude, as perhaps they were playing roles but forgot to adjust pronouns? I think the slip is real. Scum.
Alternatively, “they” can be used to describe someone or a group of people who are not yourself. As I wasn’t currently voting Jake, I wouldn’t have referred to people on the bandwagon as “we”, because I was not a member of that group. We (townies) can refer to each other as we, but we can also subdivide into different groups to make our points more clear.

It just wouldn’t have made sense for me to say “we” in this scenario, as I’m clearly referring to some specific people.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:15 am

@LoserdudeOG what significance does it have that I say that I'm lock town? In my eyes, I am the most confirmed person as town. Scum reading me because I know that I'm town is, at best, disingenuous and at worst, outright deceitful.
LoserdudeOG
LoserdudeOG
Goon
LoserdudeOG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:45 am

Post by LoserdudeOG »

@Jake the way you formatted your reading was based on the way Pyro formatted his reading. You barely added anything to Pyros readings. The biggest change was that you corrected his reading on you stating that you were 100% locktown. Obviously those of us that are town view ourselves as 100% town so does it even need to be said? You didn't comment at all about Pyro's note that you are sowing chaos or that that he was okay with a policy vote. The fact that you completely ignored this and chose not to comment at all and instead state something that clearly not everyone else is convinced of seems deflective and scummy.
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:10 am

Post by Thespio »

Update
Vote Count

Jake The Wolfie:
Jocus Aevorum, LoserdudeOG
Jocus Aevorum:
Yimmy, PyroDerma
Moonchild:
Dunnstral, SausasaurusRex
Yimmy:
EspeciallyTheLies
LoserdudeOG:
Jake The Wolfie
No Vote:
Moonchild
With 9 people it takes 5 to lynch

Day will end when the timer below hits zero:
(expired on 2019-11-22 18:50:36)
Everything is Intentional - Newbie 1975: Zen has started... finally

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:02 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

I'm finding it difficult to not read most everyone as town at the moment, which tells me the scum are either being very quiet and are sitting in my null pile or that they are experienced scum players (or one of each/both more likely).

Picking up from around post 158... the whole "POST CONTENT" "NO YOU!" argument just kind of... useless in general. I'm not a huge fan of Jocus' trying so hard to paint every single thing Jake posts as a reason to scumread him. It should be the other way around - scumreads come after posts, not before. This tells me that he's either confirmation biased, or he's simply seeking "evidence" to push a case.

I cant decide if Jake's survivalistic attitude is just his nature or something else. I'm thinking the former. It doesn't come across to me as "afraid to lose" panic.
Jake
- I suggest you take a break, maybe re-read the game from an outside perspective, and come back to us with your thoughts outside of those scumreading you.
In post 160, SausasaurusRex wrote:Her slip-ups are extreme, but she doesn’t seem to know what’s going on. Despite this, she says she has read other mafia games, but still doesn’t seem to know the basics. She also claims we’re “not getting anywhere”, despite having gone from having literally no information (a part from the two mafia) to having some early reads. It’s as if she hasn’t really been paying attention, but is also trying really hard to keep up. It’s all just a little off-putting.
Is it the contrarian tone that is off-putting or is it something else? It's one thing to have cognitive dissonance (saying you think two things but they are mutually exclusive, as an example), and another to be fluid (rapidly changing ideas as time goes on). Which do you think fits Moonchild better?
In post 170, PyroDerma wrote:Scum doesn't make content. You're not making content. You're screaming at others to "MAKE CONTENT!"
Oh how I wish this were true... unfortunately, it's kind of a plague on this site. Some people are just always low effort. They sheep and don't really do anything. They post rarely and when they do it's not often anything substantial. It's NAI - not alignment indicative - unless you can provide meta. In newbie games, meta isn't really an established thing with most of the players.

I'd actually argue that Jake is providing a LOT of content to analyze. His entire posting in these last couple pages has been reactionary and emotional. <<< That kind of stuff is great to analyze later on once we get more information. People make mistakes when they get emotional. It's one of the reasons I was pushing his buttons on page 2/3. Emotional reactions are fantastic sources for better reads.
In post 171, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 168, PyroDerma wrote:Now: From scummiest to towniest: LDude Sauce Dunnstral Jakes Yimmy Jocus ETLies MoonC ME <---- note unreliable self-analysis
Then put your vote on LDude, or else they're clearly not your top scumread. Unless you're saying you are your own top scumread?
In post 173, PyroDerma wrote:My vote will move when I see good reason for it.
I would think being your top scumread is a good reason. I don't really like this response at all. I agree with Jake - his vote should logically be on LD. Why is he more content adding support to another wagon that ISN'T his strongest scumread? Something fishy here. Continuing to harp on jake's content or lack of content is just beating a dead horse at this point. Move on.
In post 175, Jocus Aevorum wrote:
In post 167, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 158, Jocus Aevorum wrote:Do you realize that you are not producing "content," by your definition, by telling others to produce content?

@Rex, explain how I can both be scumread and be accused of not making content?
Filler...
Lurking...
IIOA...
Soft fluffposting (posting about the game but making no real contributions)...
The list goes on...
1) The post was directed at Rex yet Jocus decided to chime in. Tsk tsk...
2) This is what we call "buzzwords" and it looks like he's using them to push a case that doesn't exist. Jake certainly isn't lurking - he's posting a shitstorm. He hasn't done any IIOA (information instead of analysis), he's given plenty of his own analysis on why he thinks what he thinks. Soft fluffposting isn't even a thing - it's like a mashup of terms from the wiki.

Jocus is dropping way down my list with every post.

@Yimmy re your responses to me in your - thank you for requoting what you said - I must have missed it somehow. While I agree that townslips are easily faked, I don't think that fits with Moonchild's other posts. They come across rather genuine. If it was a ploy, why immediately correct herself in the next post like 2 seconds later? Why not wait to collect the towncred? If her other posts sounded more sneaky or nervous, I might believe it was a fabricated slip, but at his moment I do not.
In post 181, Yimmy wrote:All of this looks like she's scared to have an opinion that others might disagree with.
It looks more to me like she's trying to figure out how to play mafia and isn't sure what to do.
In post 182, LoserdudeOG wrote:I apologize for my stab-in-the-dark scumread.
I'm glad you have the capacity to re-evaluate your own conclusions. That's a strong quality in good players. Don't apologize for scumreading someone - it's what you thought at the time and as long as you can explain why, then others can have a chance at understanding you. Being right or wrong is less important than being able to work with people.

I'm glad Dunn is back but would like him to be more involved and less observing from the parking lot.

Player List (9)
1) Moonchild - town
2) Jake The Wolfie - town?
3) Jocus Aevorum - scum
4) SausasaurusRex - ? must read more closely
5) Yimmy (SE) - ? same
6) Dunnstral (SE) - ? needs to post more
8) LoserdudeOG - could be town, could be scum trying not to rock the boat.
9) PyroDerma - ?

Wow ok.. after my catch-up I'm less than sure of my previous town reads.

[TOWN]
moonchild, jake, yimmy?, saus?

[NULL]
dunn, LDOG, pyro

[SCUM]
jocus

I'm almost certain there's at least one mafia in my null reads.

VOTE: jocus
L-2
Art is cool.
PyroDerma
PyroDerma
Townie
PyroDerma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:14 am

Post by PyroDerma »

In post 173, PyroDerma wrote: I take poorly to instructions from the likes of you.

My vote will move when I see good reason for it. Not now, as I expect some fireworks this evening (USA Eastern time). Fireworks are a learning experience.
Fireworks are a learning experience, indeed. I have found a reason to move my vote. Here is my question: if scum have daytalk, which I believe they do, slop from there to the game topic is a risk. It could be confusing for a scum player to remember which thing was said where...so:
In post 46, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 45, LoserdudeOG wrote:
In post 24, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 21, Jocus Aevorum wrote:Jake the Wolfie, why did you overreact to RVS?
I do beg your pardon. I did not Overreact. I simply asked why you two voted people for no logical reason.
I think the real question here is why 2 OTHER people bandwaggoned on the two people who were clearly voting randomly... seems p scummy 2 me O.O
I would disagree. It’s RVS, and they haven’t gotten anywhere close a lynch. 2 votes is fine, especially on the first days.
So, clearly, I called out Saus in my newbISO 'analysis.' Read him as scum pretty hard, too. And I said so...it just felt SuperScummy. Then,of course, Saus didn't do much for a while, but, eventually, this appeared:

In post 182, LoserdudeOG wrote:
Pyro's ISO read brought some clarity on both him, and other players, but I'd like to address that I used "them" because I was unsure of the pronouns of who I was talking about. (something Moonchild just did in 180, and I'm doing now with Dunnstral, since they havent posted a lot I'm unsure of their pronouns).
And I think, OK...that's a reasonable argument. LGBTQ stuff is difficult. I have fucked up people's pronouns before; it's super embarassing...so, maybe good reason. Also, hey...thanks for the compliment...I got a warm fuzzy feeling.

Except...THAT particular player, the one who proclaimed pronoun-insecurity, never used the third-person plural to refer to town. Nope, never.

Saus, whom I had fingered for suspicion, wasn't the poster.

Who came riding in to save the day and throw himself under the bus, claiming the slip for their own? Who lurked and lurked, got mentioned, came rushing in on a golden steed to set things right? Who ardently defended something that they hadn't done, yet their scumbuddy had? Yep, you already know:

VOTE: LoserdudeOG
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:11 am

FOS: LoserdudeOG

You're 7th place in terms of actual number of posts. Post more, damnit!
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:21 am

Jake, mister, you are wild n crazy.
Art is cool.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:32 am

In post 192, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Jake, mister, you are wild n crazy.
I'm not the one who has barely posted at all.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:41 am

In post 193, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
Talk about something else.
Art is cool.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:46 am

In post 194, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
@Moonchild. Top 3 scumreads, go.
PyroDerma
PyroDerma
Townie
PyroDerma
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:15 am

Post by PyroDerma »

In post 195, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
Oh dear God...Jakes, I get you're stoked that you may have survived...but, oy, with the bossy and the yelly. Posting is low effort. THINKING is where it's at, brother. You make a shitty conductor...just play your instrument.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:37 am

In post 196, PyroDerma wrote:
In post 195, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
Oh dear God...Jakes, I get you're stoked that you may have survived...but, oy, with the bossy and the yelly. Posting is low effort. THINKING is where it's at, brother. You make a shitty conductor...just play your instrument.
Not like there is anything going on right now. I'm getting activity, something that we are lacking right now.
Jocus Aevorum
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Jocus Aevorum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:00 am

Post by Jocus Aevorum »

Main points are outside of spoilers.

Spoiler: Early Game Analysis
In post 20, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
Anyway, can we get some discussion? You didn't confirm yourself early just to be inactive, yes?
This is the beginning of Jake's conductor mentality. Honestly, there's no reason to do this. If you want people to discuss, give a topic to discuss instead of just saying "please discuss." This is a common type of LAMIST.
In post 22, Yimmy wrote:VOTE: Jocus Aevorum
overreact? that's awfully negative language for asking questions. how was he supposed to react to rvs?
First non-RVS vote, note that the language is directly toward me rather than mainly defending Jake. Don't think this is buddying – too early for an unrelated chainsaw attack.
In post 41, Yimmy wrote:playing along or ignoring don't progress us out of RVS at all. i see what you're getting at but i firmly believe jakes reaction was the most productive.
Good thing to remember for the rest of the game. Also good to remember that progress in discussion is not always the same as progress for town.
In post 42, Moonchild wrote:It kinda seems like Jocus is reaching now.
Earlier than my conflict with Jake, seems that no one noticed. Not sure why people ignored it.

* Jake's conductor mentality started before my conflict with him, indicating that it's part of his overall strategy. While it may just be an aggressive attempt at town-leadering, it may also be LAMIST.
* Yimmy isn't buddying Jake right from the start.
* Moonchild was the first to raise the "grasping at straws" concern with me. Not sure why everyone ignored that comment.
LoserdudeOG
LoserdudeOG
Goon
LoserdudeOG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:25 am

Post by LoserdudeOG »

@jake you have the quality of leadership that makes me want to do the opposite of what you
demand
me to do