RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:36 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

And if you think that scumreading obvious town is a scumtell you should be looking at ETL calling me scum with a lot more scrutiny.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:37 pm

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 448, RadiantCowbells wrote:Jake you're not obvtown. I have a lot of ways of generating townreads on people that other people don't have. I don't find scumreading you outright to be an unlikely town position. I am not going to end up voting Jocus at EOD because I don't think that he is scum and I think that ETL is. That's really the end: if you had a case that wasn't him calling you scum I'd take it seriously but that's all you've put forward so far.
It's not jsut the fact that he's called me scum. It's the fact that they have NOT read everyone else AT FUCKING ALL. EVEN WHEN ASKED TO.

Either Jocus is deliberately trying to seem TSTBS by literally not reading anyone else at all, or they are scum. Even if Jocus deathtunneled you, the fact remains that THEY HAVEN'T PRODUCED SHIT. THEY HAVE DONE THE EQUIVALENT OF SAYING "X IS SCUM BECAUSE I SAID SO, AND I'M NOT READING ANYONE ELSE BECAUSE X IS SCUM"
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:38 pm

Man

If you think that I'm town

Can you trust my experience when I say that being derptunneled on someone is not really a scumtell and that from the outside your fixation on him looks similar to his fixation on you?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:39 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 222, Jocus Aevorum wrote:I wasn't accusing you.
I believe this was directed at you Jake
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:39 pm

Like I've been here before you know?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:42 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 451, Jake The Wolfie wrote:THEY HAVEN'T PRODUCED SHIT.
True, and they kind of gave up for no reason, which is a real reason to be wary of them
In post 451, Jake The Wolfie wrote:THEY HAVE DONE THE EQUIVALENT OF SAYING "X IS SCUM BECAUSE I SAID SO, AND I'M NOT READING ANYONE ELSE BECAUSE X IS SCUM"
I think it's pretty clear that they haven't done this, though
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:42 pm

In post 453, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 222, Jocus Aevorum wrote:I wasn't accusing you.
I believe this was directed at you Jake
Jocus is literally voting me. And even if they aren't accusing me, that means they have 0 reads. 0. None what-so-ever. So either Jocus is accusing me or is accusing no one.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:43 pm

I don't think the manner of giving up is scum indicative and I think that ETLs way of pushing for the finisher is.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:46 pm

I would even go so far as to say in all my time playing mafia I have never seen this particular style of giving up from scum but I've seen it from many many town
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:48 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 217, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
LoserdudeOG wrote:
In post 208, Jocus Aevorum wrote:When I was spamming buzzwords, I wasn't accusing Jake of them. I was giving examples of how a player could be scumread and not contribute at the same time.
@jake he said
when he was spamming buzzwords
he wasnt accusing you. read better.
In post 175, Jocus Aevorum wrote:
In post 167, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 158, Jocus Aevorum wrote:Do you realize that you are not producing "content," by your definition, by telling others to produce content?

@Rex, explain how I can both be scumread and be accused of not making content?
Filler...
Lurking...
IIOA...
Soft fluffposting (posting about the game but making no real contributions)...
The list goes on...
This isn't accusing me via buzzwords?
In post 222, Jocus Aevorum wrote:I wasn't accusing you. Remember that you said how "could." I listed possible reasons that you could be scumread and not contribute at the same time.
Here's the full context, since I don't think 456 makes sense
Jake The Wolfie
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:49 pm

In post 458, RadiantCowbells wrote:I would even go so far as to say in all my time playing mafia I have never seen this particular style of giving up from scum but I've seen it from many many town
Anecdotal evidence is the worst kind of evidence.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:50 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

To further explain:

They are responding to your post in 167, even though it isn't directed at them, at theoretical ways you can be scumread while being accused of not making content

They were not saying that you were doing those things
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:51 pm

Anyways

Yimmy, I'm expecting you to switch to ETL.

Arkias, waiting for some sort of catchup from you as you promised :]
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:52 pm

Also JTW what do you think about ETL deciding that when I started defending Jocus Aevornum that he was town?
Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:07 pm

Post by Thespio »

Update
Vote Count

EspeciallyTheLies:
Dunnstral, RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells:
EspeciallyTheLies, LoserdudeOG
Jocus Aevorum:
SausasaurusRex, Jake The Wolfie
LoserdudeOG:
Yimmy
Jake The Wolfie:
Jocus Aevorum
No Vote:
Arkias
With 9 people it takes 5 to lynch

Day will end when the timer below hits zero:
(expired on 2019-11-22 18:50:36)

if you want to extend the time by 2 days due to replacement please let me know, 4 people would need to agree
Everything is Intentional - Newbie 1975: Zen has started... finally

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:09 pm

Vote: Extend[/v]
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:12 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I think that asking for extensions in the main thread is bad form
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:14 pm

I think that Moonchild's townslip + the fact that she immediately went back on it a minute later is really sketch and they have no meaningful content besides so if Arkias doesn't impress me I will consider switching to them.

I would probably lynch ETL after for just 100% locktowning them for one of the fakest slips I have ever seen, but yeah.
Yimmy
Yimmy
Goon
Yimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:40 pm

Post by Yimmy »

In post 401, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 400, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 375, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:Moonchild is 100% town for sure.
Uh... based on what?
I believe the town slip was genuine.
To locktown based only on a townslip and nothing else that's necessarily town indicative seems naive. I could understand thinking moonchild could betown based on it (even though I disagree), or maybe even a fair bit of confidence, but this is a little crazy. I don't really see the scum motivation for such confidence, but on the other hand it makes no sense to be so confident based on so little without some other knowledge.
In post 402, RadiantCowbells wrote:Yimmy voted LoserdudeOG over ETL.
The argument you made against loserdude was more compelling and I had more reason of my own to suspect him. (read: i think he's scummier)
In post 411, Jake The Wolfie wrote:VOTE: Jocus Aevorum

I think now would be a good time to lynch Jocus Pocus.
Quite a bit had happened since your last post, and yet all you have to say is "lynch jocus". this irks me.
In post 420, RadiantCowbells wrote:Just experientially all the posts she has made thus far this game are ones that reasonably competent scum make a lot and that turnaround on me for us being 'unable to work together' when I have gone so much farther than I had to in terms of reaching out to her... I assign her a higher level of burden of proficiency than to scumread me here when I've given her so much more than I would have had to.
Would you please actually point to those posts and perhaps explain why scum would make them? Most of your case on her so far has been "x post is scummy" without explaining why that makes her scum. I can almost rationalize why the posts you've pointed at are scummy but since you aren't explaining it yourself I feel manipulated (like into confirmation bias).
In post 431, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 430, RadiantCowbells wrote:Seriously, why is me saying that I think my reads are pretty good different than you telling me I gotta respect your thunderdome with Jocus?
If you cannot see that Jocus has deathtunneled me since Page 1, then you need to re-read the entire game again.
Couldn't the opposite also be said? All your posts are either defense, barking commands, or accusing Jocus. I suppose defense is content but it's basically obligatory.
In post 447, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
It is scummy to not change your reads when the person you're scumreading gives you reason to doubt their scuminess.
unfortunately you haven't
In post 450, RadiantCowbells wrote:And if you think that scumreading obvious town is a scumtell you should be looking at ETL calling me scum with a lot more scrutiny.
Why are you so confident you're obvtown?

I can maybe sorta see your reason for suspecting ETL and I have noticed a few things for myself but as I said prior, the minimal explanation you've given backing up your statements feels a little manipulative and I have more reason of my own to suspect loserdude. Please explain your case on ETL more in-depth.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:53 pm

The fact that you keep pointing out scummy things that ETL does and then refuse to vote her and start questioning my calling myself locktown when you already agreed that my play doesn't make sense from a scum agenda doesn't make me feel any better about your slot, Yimmy, particularly given that your original post gave equal time to calling ETL and Loserdude scum and yet you're still resisting a vote there.

I can give more reasons but I'm not too fond of that and if ETL flips scum and you're not on the wagon I think town should speedkill you tomorrow.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:54 pm

The fact that you keep pointing out scummy things that ETL does and then refuse to vote her and start questioning my calling myself locktown when you already agreed that my play doesn't make sense from a scum agenda doesn't make me feel any better about your slot, Yimmy, particularly given that your original post gave equal time to calling ETL and Loserdude scum and yet you're still resisting a vote there.

I can give more reasons but I'm not too fond of that and if ETL flips scum and you're not on the wagon I think town should speedkill you tomorrow.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:55 pm

And I'm obvtown and I'm not going to pretend that I'm not.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 4:55 pm

And I'm obvtown and I'm not going to pretend that I'm not.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:04 pm

Like the only thing that you've called manipulative from me this game is trying to get you to vote ETL. I don't for a fucking minute believe that you think that me/LoserDudeOG is SvS.
So what exactly is so manipulative that I'm doing?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:11 pm

Like, I have a townread on LoserDudeOG. I have a scumread on EspeciallyTheLies. You spent a post asserting that you didn't think they responded to your posts well.
How do you turn around and say that me trying to get you to vote EspeciallyTheLies, who you have already claimed to scumread, is somehow manipulative?

If I don't agree with who anyone is trying to vote, what am I supposed to do just be like lol ok this person is voting town I literally can't do anything about it!!!