RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:01 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I don't believe your criticism of me here is invalid. This is neither typical of newbie game play or my own in general.
I'm sorry. I don't think I mesh well with this playerlist at all and I regretted joining this game the moment that I did.

I think that Menalque is town because
1) I believe that Jocus has been misunderstood as pushing Jake when he was merely listing off a set of possibilities earlier
2) I don't believe that scum would be bussing Jocus here and I feel relatively confident that at least one scum is voting Jocus and has been voting them every time stuff got down to the wire
3) I think that him saying that he had to go before LyLo felt sincere. I don't think I've ever seen that from scum. Him flaking out kinda reinforced that.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:02 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

All of a sudden Arkias is really towny
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:10 pm

I'm town, Menalque is town, Arkias is town, let's say ETL is town for now.

Who do you think are scum in the remainder if you're town, Dunn?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:12 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Loserdude
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:13 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Maybe jake, maybe yimmy (I don't really know)

And you
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:15 pm

I'm honestly voting you because you're not Menalque and you were a viable wagon.
Arkias
Arkias
Goon
Arkias
Goon
Goon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:17 pm

Post by Arkias »

I dont know if it's a playerlist thing or if a style thing, I can't even notice the combatitiveness in you that EtL mentions, or whatever comparison Loser made about BBmolla, since I dont know who any of these people are. However, should meshing with people be a requirement for playing a forum game? Are they only really fun if people you click with play? Doesn't that just beat the purpose of finding tells or discussing anything? Posting a lot and asking a lot of questions seems useful, but, as I've mentioned before, 90% of the questions and tells so far just seem... asinine. Hell, you even mentioned it before (I cant find the exact post at the moment) where your first town reads change by tommorow.

I've been trying to catch up with this Dunn vote -- hell, as far as I can frikkin tell, it starts at where it's literally just "If he's telling people not to sheep, we should lynch him". Hell, to answer that question, Radiant, that you asked -- because someone slipped up there's a Cop. The only two setups that allow a cop is either Mafia Goon or Mafia Roleblocker, and the more dangerous (and wiser decision) is their is a roleblocker.

My actual scum is back on Loser or so. They haven't said much, they seem to be the most obvious choice.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:20 pm

I just want people who are active and who will engage me in banter to help me figure out what's going on. I feel like most of this game has been stuck on reads and not really engaging about it. Loserdude has been the exception. I see why he would get scumread but I also feel like Loserdude is the epitome of the kind of person I correctly townread that others get wrong.

What about Yimmy?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:20 pm

I just want people who are active and who will engage me in banter to help me figure out what's going on. I feel like most of this game has been stuck on reads and not really engaging about it. Loserdude has been the exception. I see why he would get scumread but I also feel like Loserdude is the epitome of the kind of person I correctly townread that others get wrong.

What about Yimmy?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:22 pm

It's an intangible thing wrt LoserDude but even though he says bad things he says them like he's genuinely trying to solve the game. I've felt more genuine solviness from him than anyone else this game.

I also think that it should be relatively clear that we're not SvS even if you consider me a scum contender so that should give a bit of extra weight to the read I think?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:23 pm

I've spent this whole day knowing who I don't want to wagon and not really knowing who I do want to wagon. :(
Arkias
Arkias
Goon
Arkias
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:25 pm

Post by Arkias »

I have literally no idea what is trying to say. What does any of that mean, I, once again, have just played literally one game. What is solviness, and why does SvS give extra weight?

Anyways, to answer your question on Yimmy, is strange to me. IT comes in the middle of a massive bandwagon that leads nowhere, as if he's trying to get two people lynched without coming off. I'd like to think he's scum as well, and while LoserDude reads as bigger scum since of posts like towards .

My bet at the moment is Loser/Yimmy.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:27 pm

Okay. I had two points. I feel like the things that he has said to me show that he is genuinely unsure of people's alignments and trying to figure them out and he's working with me in the way that town works with players.
The other point is that our interaction pattern is obviously now that we're both scum so us both being scum (and that being my reason to defend him) shouldn't be an issue for you.
Arkias
Arkias
Goon
Arkias
Goon
Goon

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:31 pm

Post by Arkias »

How are we both scum? Wouldn't that make this entire thing pointless?

My issue with you thinking Loserdude is fine is I don't see _why_. Loserdude mostly posts within the 'butterspot' of the third or fourth voter, and leaves the actual hammer or bandwagon to someone else. You can see it in his vote history, he never leads, just follows, and a lot of his posts are neutral. You see it as "confusion" I see it as 'keeping your head down".
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:32 pm

My point is that me and LoserDude aren't scum versus scum so even if you don't agree it should come across as a town motivated rather than scum motivated defense.
I'm wondering right now if ETL was correct on the super early game Yimmy/Jake call out.

This might sounds like a weird argument but I think Dunnstral would actually meaningfully try to towntell if he were scum whereas right now he's kinda just shrugging and not really doing anything.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:34 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Yimmy asks a lot of questions but doesn't really do anything with the knowledge, and also doesn't seem to care when people don't respond to him
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:34 pm

Like unless it's him/Yimmy and he sees the game truly forfeited and he's just voting me out of because why not.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:34 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I can see loser as town too

OK, let's vote Yimmy

VOTE: Yimmy
Arkias
Arkias
Goon
Arkias
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:38 pm

Post by Arkias »

My issue with the Dunn vote is that it literally came out and got supported from nowhere. While I don't know if I agree with your view that a Dunn/Yimmy is one where yimmy would hammer Dunn, since optimally thats just bad. My view on this, is quite honestly, of the two bandwagons, Jake is the more likely scum. But of all people, I'd want Yimmy. We have 18 hours, and we need to decide quick. Yimmy rubs me more than Dunn, I apologize. I wont be hammering it anymore.

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:42 pm

I don't feel too bad about this.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:42 pm

Thespio
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Thespio
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:42 pm

Post by Thespio »

Update
Vote Count

Yimmy:
Dunnstral, Arkias, RadiantCowbells
[L-2]

Dunnstral:
EspeciallyTheLies, Menalque, LoserdudeOG
[L-2]

Menalque:
SausasaurusRex, Jake The Wolfie
LoserdudeOG:
Yimmy
No Vote:

With 9 people it takes 5 to lynch

Day will end when the timer below hits zero:
(expired on 2019-11-24 18:50:36)
Last edited by Thespio on Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Everything is Intentional - Newbie 1975: Zen has started... finally

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Arkias
Arkias
Goon
Arkias
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:45 pm

Post by Arkias »

Also, what is SvS? Putting that term into the Mafia Wiki just gets me to Radiant's profile and a thing on bussing, but noones explaining what it is.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 6:52 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Scum vs Scum

Two mafia fighting each other
LoserdudeOG
LoserdudeOG
Goon
LoserdudeOG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sat Nov 23, 2019 7:21 pm

Post by LoserdudeOG »

In post 763, Arkias wrote:How are we both scum? Wouldn't that make this entire thing pointless?

My issue with you thinking Loserdude is fine is I don't see _why_. Loserdude mostly posts within the 'butterspot' of the third or fourth voter, and leaves the actual hammer or bandwagon to someone else. You can see it in his vote history, he never leads, just follows, and a lot of his posts are neutral. You see it as "confusion" I see it as 'keeping your head down".
Love this analysis, truly. Allow me to respond. You say this is your second game? This is my first online ever. This medium is crazy weird to me. I was getting frustrated because its clear based on everybody’s reactions that my town game is garbage. Because I’m so used to reading faces and tones, this whole “reading people through text” is whack to me and I’m not very good at it. I’m both hyper suspicious and hyper gullible. My friend (BBmolla) told me things will get easier after the first day. So for now, since I’m coming up with nothing with my analysis/reads, I’m following experienced players. Which is why atm I’m not adding much because I feel I’d only get in the way. RC came around for me (he frustrated me at first, but that was a me issue not a him issue), so I’m choosing to trust his judgement and voting where he votes, only for day 1. Once we see the flip, I’ll (hopefully) start getting better and more competent reads.