Yimmy
Yimmy
Goon
Yimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:25 pm

Post by Yimmy »

yes. sorry this game takes a lot of time and thought-space (it's very distracting when i want to think about other things) and i wanted my brain for other things this weekend.
In post 992, RadiantCowbells wrote:the simplest argument for why I'm town is that with the cop outed I no longer had any reason that I would want to cycle wagon people as scum.

more to the point, it is not something that I am capable of faking in an effective manner and so I usually get around it by having clearer scumreads at different times of the game
i've said this repeatedly in situations like this and it remains true. i don't think you realize how much energy i expend constantly rereading the game thread and trying to weigh the relative merits of different reads of the game and whatever. once ETL was outed, all i had to do was lynch someone roleblock her and play the long game. if i'm the roleblocker, i would probably have had my second buddy as my second scumread and i'd have lynched them and had them out the doc on the way down. very clean play that i could have executed with significantly less effort and that still leads to a very reliable win because you're simply not going to beat me by scumreading me over other people wthout mechanically cornering me in some way. i also don't as scum try to give the person that i'm trying to mislynch (who was the cop btw) an out on either the basis that i think it's a good play for scum or on the basis that my emotions lead me there. ETL would get over it if i mislynched her as scum.

like yimmy who is prob scum cited me having no reason to unvote him and go somewhere else. yeah. i had no reason to do that as scum.

if i was lying about my meta for the entire last year in terms of talking about it becoming progressively harder and harder to effectively fake certain aspects of my town meta, i certainly don't blow that meta on this game with team mafia coming up when this game ought to have pretty much been in the bag for scum me the moment that ETL claimed.
[this paragraph is mostly just train of thought. it does not come to any meaningful conclusion and mostly just means "maybe"]
so playing the long game, bussing your partner, and having your partner fakeclaim is cleaner and easier than switching your vote a few times at the end of day one? that doesn't sound right but i guess i don't know you. like this doesn't mean amazingly much to me and if all it takes to subvert this meta and look town is to change your vote a few times than uh.. it doesn't look like it took much effort.

i suppose the "giving a target an out" thing is reasonable but it's not enough to change my mind.
i don't see you talking in the past about certain things being hard to fake and a quick ctrl-f throug your iso didn't find it. could you point me to it?
meta is cool i suppose but as it is i'm concerned with whether what you did makes sense as town or if it makes sense as scum. this hasn't convinced me that there was town motivation behind your vote switching and i can easily think of scum motivation for that behavior: distancing yourself from a mislynch or keeping options open (specifically the loserdude vote). there may have been other options as scum but this one still has you convinced you're going to ride to the end of the game without being lynched. (also why? the only people who have expressed solid townreads of you are menalque and recently loserdude)
In post 1029, Menalque wrote:I mean I probably will look through the PoE again and give my best guess at the scum having done that

But rn I’m not super motivated because even if I get mislynched (which again I don’t think is super likely esp so long as RC is defending me) I’m hoping that you’ll be able to trust my read on RC (whoever is still alive) more — like he could be scum but I just don’t think he is? — and then lynch in the PoE

It’s a bit harder than if I’m not mislynched but not like horrendously

Aside from that there’s the fact that if I’m right about the PoE we’re hitting scum a raw 66% of the time which I’m hoping gives us another day where we lynch there again —. We miss there yeah, I’ll be under some pressure because I’d be going to 3p lylo but until we hit that point I’m just gonna be fairly chill
the attitude in this post is odd. like being a possible mislynch in lylo is pretty bad for town and the only argument that you are probably ok in that case is that rc is defending you. i don't see much scum motivation but it's also odd coming from town
In post 1041, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 1040, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 1036, SausasaurusRex wrote:Which word was it?
Gullible.
You think I actually thought RC was scum because he made a joke? Even if I missed RC’s joke, I understood it after Menalque’s first post. Is it not just sometimes a little fun to play along with the joke? I knew RC wouldn’t actually think that that was a viable argument, and Menalque basically confirmed it was a joke.
So no, it was not “gullible” of me, it was playing along with the joke.
touchy
In post 1045, RadiantCowbells wrote:i would still rather lynch sausa than st. jimmy but
this doesn't seem to match up with what you've expressed previously. you've shown a lot more suspicion of me (could be personal bias i guess??) and even if it's almost even i have a significantly lower post count than saus so
Yimmy
Yimmy
Goon
Yimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:25 pm

Post by Yimmy »

oh also hi
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:27 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

i feel like the way you're talking about 992 is how scum talks about town towncasing themselves.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:29 pm

In post 1075, Yimmy wrote:i don't see you talking in the past about certain things being hard to fake and a quick ctrl-f throug your iso didn't find it. could you point me to it?
it's not in this game and if it was in this game it would be essentially inadmissible as evidence because my alignment in this game (and thus the truth of my words) is unknown.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:31 pm

like i feel like you have to say that you can't townread me for it because if you do you're cornered. shrug.

there's enough meat in that that I think that even if ETL/Dunn hedge on me because big spooky RC I don't think a newbie ever walks away from that without a townread on me.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:33 pm

i mean you're not a newbie i just realized but still stands, i don't mean newbie as in level of experience i mean the fact that you're not specifically ignoring good reasons to townread me because it's me.
Yimmy
Yimmy
Goon
Yimmy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:42 pm

Post by Yimmy »

ah that makes sense. the way you brought it up just made it feel like you expected us to already know this so i assumed it was this game.

refresh my memory: what solid evidence is there to town read you? what i've seen you refer to specifically is "i wouldn't do these things as scum (other people might but not me)" which isn't worth too much to me because i have no notion of you.
also note that arkias (a newbie) died suspecting you.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:46 pm

i mean, i don't see the point of trying to convince you that i'm town. i think that you're scum and if you're the town in the pool i think your lynch is going to happen anyway.
LoserdudeOG
LoserdudeOG
Goon
LoserdudeOG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:46 pm

Post by LoserdudeOG »

In post 774, LoserdudeOG wrote:
In post 763, Arkias wrote:How are we both scum? Wouldn't that make this entire thing pointless?

My issue with you thinking Loserdude is fine is I don't see _why_. Loserdude mostly posts within the 'butterspot' of the third or fourth voter, and leaves the actual hammer or bandwagon to someone else. You can see it in his vote history, he never leads, just follows, and a lot of his posts are neutral. You see it as "confusion" I see it as 'keeping your head down".
Love this analysis, truly. Allow me to respond. You say this is your second game? This is my first online ever. This medium is crazy weird to me. I was getting frustrated because its clear based on everybody’s reactions that my town game is garbage. Because I’m so used to reading faces and tones, this whole “reading people through text” is whack to me and I’m not very good at it. I’m both hyper suspicious and hyper gullible. My friend (BBmolla) told me things will get easier after the first day. So for now, since I’m coming up with nothing with my analysis/reads, I’m following experienced players. Which is why atm I’m not adding much because I feel I’d only get in the way. RC came around for me (he frustrated me at first, but that was a me issue not a him issue), so I’m choosing to trust his judgement and voting where he votes, only for day 1. Once we see the flip, I’ll (hopefully) start getting better and more competent reads.
In post 776, RadiantCowbells wrote:774 is not a scumpost.
@menalque Well there was this when Arkais was still alive. Why would Scum!me NK someone who either believed me or at least was beginning to believe me for town? Especially in a game where everybody is scumreading me based on my playstyle? As scum, I'd need all the allies I could get. There is no way Arkais dies while I'm scum Night 1. THAT's where scumteam's biggest mistake in the NK was. Which is why I'm weary of you pushing for me when at this point, it really doesn't make logical sense for me to be scum.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:48 pm

like i feel like trying to argue with you about why I'm town just gives you the opportunity to try to seem all reasonable and whatever this is that you're doing as you continue to sidestep me being town
if you're town doing this the manner of your engagement with me suggests that it's literally impossible to convince you that I'm town regardless so not really worth planning around

not really understanding what you're saying, I wasn't nightkilled and i was the one calling you town.
LoserdudeOG
LoserdudeOG
Goon
LoserdudeOG
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:13 pm

Post by LoserdudeOG »

In post 1084, RadiantCowbells wrote: not really understanding what you're saying, I wasn't nightkilled and i was the one calling you town.
Is this directed at me? If it was I was talking about Arkais, and it was directed at Menalque.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:25 pm

Gonna unvote momentarily and tackle this a better way

Yimmy/Saus what are your reads on each other

As much detail as possible please if either of you are town

UNVOTE:
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:37 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

My read on Yimmy:

Yimmy is, to begin a little strange. Despite having one of the lowest post counts, and posting extremely infrequently, he puts lots of information in each of his posts. I’ll begin from the very start.

through :

Yimmy says little here, only expressing that he thought Jocus overreacted. Neither scum nor town indicative.

:

He begins by clearing up some misconceptions about what he did. Not AI, it could be town making sure he doesn’t look scummy, or scum doing the very same. He then makes reads, all of which are easy to go back on, apart from Moonchild. It is then Arkias, Moonchild’s replacement, who is lynched. I’m not sure what to make of this. Would scum!yimmy nk Arkias if he “thought” he was scum? I don’t think so. Scum!Yimmy clearly thinks he can make a compelling enough case for it, otherwise he would’ve just said he thought she was null. Therefore, I think this is slightly town indicative, because I don’t see the scum version making sense.

Posts 132 and 134 have no alignment-indicative content.

Yimmy continues to push his case against Moonchild. Again, I don’t think scum!Yimmy would do this, as by this point Moonchild was almost universally townread, and scum!Yimmy could just kill her in the night. It would have been a better play for scum!Yimmy just to claim he’s been convinced she’s town, and move on, killing her in the night.

I will finish this in about 20 minutes, I’ve got something to do quickly.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:24 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

Continued:
:

Here, Yimmy gets a little interesting. He says Moonchild’s reads seem sincere. A mafia’s reads are never sincere, so he’s basically saying he doesn’t think Moonchild is mafia anymore. However, why would Yimmy change stance on her so quickly? Was it the thing I said earlier about seeing she won’t be lynched anytime soon, so just changing his mind? Or did it truly convince him?

This is also the first time he mentions Dunstraal. This is, admittedly, an okay time to mention Dunstraal for the first time. Dunstraal had, at this point, posted only 4 times, with none of them producing much content. He then proceeds to vote Dunstraal, but I believe this was not an attempt to lynch him, but an attempt to get Dunstraal to post more. He even says he thought Jake and Jocus were most scummy.

This post was slightly scum-indicative, based mainly on the quick turnaround of read on Moonchild.

:

I don’t like this post. He says he thinks either Jake or Jocus is scummy, but not both at the same time. He then proceeds to vote Jocus with no real justification for voting him over Jake. Jocus already had the most votes on him, so I wonder if Yimmy was just joining the bandwagon. Slightly scum-indicative.

:

Just questions. This posts is not AI.

:

Here he quickly establishes a read on LoserDude, and votes him. This is trying to establish a wagon, the very thing he tells RC not to do in the very same post. I think this is townish. Town!Yimmy wants scum to get lynched, so it makes sense that if town!yimmy thought Loser was scum, he would vote him. However, it doesn’t make sense for scum!Yimmy. Scum!Yimmy would want to lynch town, which means not voting people that probably won’t get lynched. Therefore, scum!Yimmy would have kept his vote on Jocus, the leading bandwagon.

:

Mainly complaints and questions for players. Not AI. Town!Yimmy wants to check his information is right, and be able to provide better arguments by pointing out invalid scum logic. Scum!Yimmy wants to make other players look scummy. Therefore, it makes sense for both alignments to do this.

and :

He complains about RC. He implies RC is scummy, but never outright says it. He asks RC for a case on why RC is town.

and :

He begins by acknowledging that RC’s case makes sense. This is not AI. Town!Yimmy thinks RC made a compelling case, and changes his reads to fit. Scum!Yimmy realises that he’ll look scummy if he doesn’t at least acknowledge how RC’s case made sense. Therefore, they would both come to this conclusion.

He then says Jake is always clueless, and doesn’t retract his earlier statement about him being scummy. He asks him some questions. Yimmy also makes himself look town in this post, by using the phrase “a lil lost regarding the suspicion for me”. Again, this is, unfortunately, not AI. Town!Yimmy wants to point out Jake’s inconsistencies to lynch him, because he think’s he’s scum. Scum!Yimmy wants to point out Jake’s inconsistencies because he knows Jake will make an easy mislynch.

:

Contains little content.

:

He says the Menalque wagon was bad. He doesn’t say why he thinks Menalque is town, which is especially bad considering Jocus had been one of Yimmy’s top scumreads. This is a little scummy. Yimmy hadn’t provided a reason for why he thought Menalque was town but Jocus wasn’t. Therefore, we must assume he doesn’t have one. Town!Yimmy wouldn’t change stance on Menalque without a reason, because town should always be voting scum. Therefore, this post is scum indicative.

:

He notes how RC’s late D1 behaviour was weird. This is a valid concern, but not AI. He continues to say Loser looks scummy. This isn’t AI, because town!Yimmy would keep voting who he thinks is scum and doesn’t have his other scumread because Jake was lynched. Scum!Yimmy still wants people to lynch LoserDude, so he stays on him, knowing it’ll look scummy if he suddenly changes.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:29 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

Unfortunately, looking through Yimmy’s iso in depth hasn’t provided much. Currently, I would read him as slight-town, due mainly to 398 and 181. Unfortunately, he is so full of non-AI posts that he is very hard to read. I apologise for this entire case not being very conclusive, but slight-town was the only conclusion I could come to. Nothing he writes is very scummy, but neither is it very townie. However it is slightly more townie than scummy, and I can see some scummy things just being bad town play. Therefore, I think Yimmy is slight-town.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:30 am

Post by Dunnstral »

ETL what do you think?
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:34 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

I just noticed I forgot to put this in my last post - I apologise for not looking at Yimmy’s last 3 posts. I have to go to sleep and I didn’t have time. Sorry about that.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:43 am

That response strongly points to SvS
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:45 am

I'll explain why later today if it's not intuitive
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:56 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 1093, RadiantCowbells wrote:I'll explain why later today if it's not intuitive
The fact that the demand to case each other was taken as a good faith request rather than a setup TMI’s saus’ knowledge of your alignment?
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:44 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

What does TMI stand for? It’s not on the list of common abbreviations.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:47 am

Post by Menalque »

Too much information — in this context it means your behaviour is indicating that you know things you shouldn’t

You might also hear about “perspective slipping” which is broader but basically the same thing

I could have said you treating RC’s question in totally good faith was you perspective slipping through TMI, if that makes sense

Although you can also perspective slip in other ways
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:48 am

Post by Menalque »

I could also be totally wrong about why RC is seeing that as SvS indicative and it’s for another reason entirely
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:04 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 1090, Dunnstral wrote:ETL what do you think?
i think yimmy could be scum. i've felt scumvibes from him since game start. i think menalque could be scum. if yimmy is scum i could see RC being his partner because RC has done nothing if not try to steer people away from yimmy while at the same time saying he thinks yimmy is scum. :neutral: i dont think menalque and RC are scum together but gut is kinda telling me one of them is. i think saus is newbtown being harassed by more experienced players. it seems to me no matter what saus does one of either RC or menalque have an explanation for why it's scummy but don't seem to be devil's advocate-ing their own arguments.

i don't really have a good pulse on the game anymore tbh. i haven't had the motivation to re-read the game. the jake lynch to me looks totally scum-driven. the speed of it alone is suspect. i would personally look there more closely. i think trying to figure things out from the NK is a wifom-y rabbit hole being that if a more seasoned player is on that team any conjecture is meaningless.

also the fact that RC was wrong on not just 1 but 4 town players is a giant red flag to me if i'm being perfectly honest.

if you can take any of this and turn it into something useful have at it. at the end of the day i think lynching yimmy today is a good plan.
Art is cool.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
Survivor
Dunnstral
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sun Dec 01, 2019 1:07 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I also don't see Saus as scummy right now so further explanation would be good

I don't think the speed of Jake lynch is a concern, we were at deadline basically when that happened