Mini Normal 2109 | Newbie Quotes II: Newb Boogaloo (Day 3)

Forum rules
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:17 am

Post by tris »

i'm liking rb where i'm at (up to 156)
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:19 am

Post by tris »

In post 157, Dolly Parton wrote:
In post 156, rb wrote:we can always just lynch him

but i also think you should provide something better than sheeping me on invisibility while simultaneously doing the current easiest and most obvious thing in the game: talking about jake being annoying/playing poorly
But isn't that where we are at right now?

Top 2 current items:

Jake's scumminess vs. Invis's slip
jake being annoying/playing poorly != jake scum
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:22 am

Post by tris »

In post 164, Wake1 wrote:
In post 162, Dolly Parton wrote:I'm a mason with wake..

Please unvote.
Like Hell you are. :lol:
ok. i was pretty sure this was going to be the case.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:25 am

Post by tris »

In post 165, Dolly Parton wrote:
In post 163, rb wrote:wake, confirm/deny?

investigative roles target these 2 if both claim mason

Do you really think I would risk such a claim as scum with 1 vote on the border of RVS/real voting?
what's the risk when people are going to find it to be false soon anyway?
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:27 am

Post by tris »

In post 166, Dolly Parton wrote:
In post 164, Wake1 wrote:
In post 162, Dolly Parton wrote:I'm a mason with wake..

Please unvote.
Like Hell you are. :lol:
Well, I think this def puts wake as obvtown.
why is scum more likely to go along with the claim?
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:29 am

Post by tris »

the dolly mason claim feels like a distraction from actually having to defend herself.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:34 am

Post by tris »

In post 178, Dolly Parton wrote:
In post 177, alimdia wrote:I saw it as a joke claim since there was barely any votes on Dolly???
Fresh legs don't get bogged down as easy.
See, even a "newer" player gets it. rb is grasping for straws.
what does this mean?
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:37 am

Post by tris »

In post 181, Dolly Parton wrote:Either that or he was eager af to get get off of that invis wagon...

Note to self.
but, that was a wagon it had just started.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:38 am

Post by tris »

i don't like the reasons in
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:45 am

Post by tris »

In post 198, rb wrote:also note: you can't pocket someone as town

you can only pocket someone as scum

ez slips
that's obviously not a slip. i can see for invisibility, but not this.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:50 am

Post by tris »

In post 202, alimdia wrote:
In post 195, Wake1 wrote:Dolly, rb, Alimdia, do you also feel that Jake's post comes off as Try-Hard Scum?

I'm gonna be honest its really hard to read cos I gotta keep going back and forth.

Its really fluffy as well.
He mentions me calling out Invis's 'slip' but then puts eth0s at the most scummy.

Something that might make sense is Kcdaspot and eth0s power-wolf'ing/mafia'ing but he didn't even mention that.

I'm inclined to think that invis vs jake is actually SvS. That's pretty rare I must say, but it seems like some light bussing gone wrong.
what makes you think he might be town and not scum?
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:59 am

Post by tris »

In post 212, rb wrote:oh look another time where scum do dumb shit and a bunch of town decide, "nah scum wouldn't do something scummy" and then don't lynch the scum

entirely too many times imo
it's not "too scummy to be scummy". it's just that claiming mason that is easily going to be contradicted isn't inherently scummy. now, the context of when she did it does seem a little scummy to me.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:02 am

Post by tris »

In post 217, alimdia wrote:Ongoing games is not referring to you nor Dolly.
I said TvT or SvT because I was thinking invis vs jake is SvS, and there should be just 3 scum in 13 people?
do you think SvS is unlikely even without the context of thinking invis and jake are scum?
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:16 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 335, alimdia wrote:I'm TRing Joey_.
Just ISO him, it speaks for itself.

But I don't really agree with your counterwagon. Did you see my post 258?
Also, after you put a vote on Arkias, you seem to just have forgotten about it
oh well, to be fair, in the last 48 hours post-vote I worked about 35 hours of those & i didn't really get what i wanted out of the vote
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:18 am

Post by Joey_ »

And I did see your 258, the whole point of a light poe is exactly that.. it's a light read based on light tells
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:28 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 339, alimdia wrote:PEDIT: My Joey post was not in response to you asking me to join the wagon btw.

Since we cleared up that SvS and slip issue, I'm honestly not sure about my invis read to begin with.
this post existing just proves that the inv wagon is pretty terrible.

You claimed a slip, at least a few 2-3 slots took it at face value and voted with you. Then you went against your read with another read (SvsS), got called out on the incoherence and then you are second-guessing. Thats read progression and a transparent thought process

But why is this wagon is still sticking do you think? its a trick q
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:37 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 347, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 325, rb wrote:
In post 319, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 295, Joey_ wrote:
In post 289, rb wrote:at this point i can't read saus apart from "i am hugely worried about how i'm perceived" but they seem to think that's what the game is actually about for both alignments

don't know how to interpret it
saus has been giving me vibes of open wolfing troll veteran or a genuine new player who flipped town but is being extremely self-conscious (trait I historically associate much more w/ scum than town)
It would make sense for you to perceive it as scum. If you look back at my previous games, you’ll see I’ve only ever played scum before, never town, so I apologise if my priorities are slightly wrong.

alright, so does anyone in this game jump out as you as being likely scummy or towny saus?
I think Jake the Wolfie is town. I know some people disagree, but he’s playing very similar to the last game I had with him when he was town. I know meta arguments aren’t great, but I think if you’ll look at newbie game 1966 you’ll see what I mean.

I don’t like the look of Dolly. Even if the mason claim was a joke, it wasn’t a good one, and only served to make people suspicious of her. Not a good play for scum or town. This alone isn’t good enough for a lynch in further consideration, however. UNVOTE: Dolly Parton

Kcdaspot isn’t great either. He frequently says things without justifying them (see , (which is followed by the vague ) and 290 (why exactly is it null? Can we have an explanation?) for examples). However, this isn’t scum-indicative by itself.

I think Invisible’s slip is worth following through. Invisible also doesn’t seem to try to make himself look townish to other players either. He mocks Kcdaspot’s style of writing in . However, like Kcdaspot (and Dolly), he fails to provide reasoning for some of his posts.

I think that currently, the best thing to do is to follow through with Invisible’s slip and lynch him, though this could change later depending on what happens.

VOTE: Invisible
Like, this is the perfect exemple to show my point in my last post. Its an overly justifying and posturizing post with no actual content where he sheeps a read he doesn't have. Saus even takes the time to explain a read on 3-4 slots, yet the most important part of his post should've been where he places his vote. All he does about that is claim that the slip is "worth following through" and that Inv is basically is not playing in an agreeable way

Saus, can you explain me the slip you are read to lynch someone for?
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:37 am

Post by Joey_ »

ready*
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:48 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 366, Joey_ wrote:
In post 347, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 325, rb wrote:
In post 319, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 295, Joey_ wrote:
In post 289, rb wrote:at this point i can't read saus apart from "i am hugely worried about how i'm perceived" but they seem to think that's what the game is actually about for both alignments

don't know how to interpret it
saus has been giving me vibes of open wolfing troll veteran or a genuine new player who flipped town but is being extremely self-conscious (trait I historically associate much more w/ scum than town)
It would make sense for you to perceive it as scum. If you look back at my previous games, you’ll see I’ve only ever played scum before, never town, so I apologise if my priorities are slightly wrong.

alright, so does anyone in this game jump out as you as being likely scummy or towny saus?
I think Jake the Wolfie is town. I know some people disagree, but he’s playing very similar to the last game I had with him when he was town. I know meta arguments aren’t great, but I think if you’ll look at newbie game 1966 you’ll see what I mean.

I don’t like the look of Dolly. Even if the mason claim was a joke, it wasn’t a good one, and only served to make people suspicious of her. Not a good play for scum or town. This alone isn’t good enough for a lynch in further consideration, however. UNVOTE: Dolly Parton

Kcdaspot isn’t great either. He frequently says things without justifying them (see , (which is followed by the vague ) and 290 (why exactly is it null? Can we have an explanation?) for examples). However, this isn’t scum-indicative by itself.

I think Invisible’s slip is worth following through. Invisible also doesn’t seem to try to make himself look townish to other players either. He mocks Kcdaspot’s style of writing in . However, like Kcdaspot (and Dolly), he fails to provide reasoning for some of his posts.

I think that currently, the best thing to do is to follow through with Invisible’s slip and lynch him, though this could change later depending on what happens.

VOTE: Invisible
Like, this is the perfect exemple to show my point in my last post. Its an overly justifying and posturizing post with no actual content where he sheeps a read he doesn't have. Saus even takes the time to explain a read on 3-4 slots, yet the most important part of his post should've been where he places his vote. All he does about that is claim that the slip is "worth following through" and that Inv is basically is not playing in an agreeable way

Saus, can you explain me the slip you are read to lynch someone for?
Firstly, I would like to say that nothing is ever “over-justifiable”. An argument for why you think something is always better than not having one. To say mafia, a game about convincing people to lynch scum, can have opportunities to over-justify, is to say that mafia is a game about guessing, rather than logic. If an argument can be expressed logically, an intelligent person will agree. By not justifying an argument, you give no reason for anyone to agree. Therefore, it is always better to explain an argument.

In answer to your question, I would say it is simply because of the slip. Nobody else appears more scummy than that slip to me, and since you should vote who you think is most scummy (unless you have ulterior motives) I voted him.
In addition, my vote is not just a vote, but a statement. It tells Invisible that there are people who suspect him, which is good for neither town or mafia. By voting him, I ensure that he will provide a reason for why he is town. We can then judge his reason to see if it makes sense or not, and then work from there. If he has a good reason, or someone else is seeming more scummy, my vote will change. However, his reason may contradict his earlier statements, or be a scumtell or a slip, which can prove that he is scum, or at least worthy of a D1 lynch.
This is why I voted Invisible, and will continue to do so until he changes my opinion or someone else seems more scummy.
Saladman27
Saladman27
Green Light
Saladman27
Green Light
Green Light

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:15 am

Post by Saladman27 »

VC 1.6
In post 30, LCpl Jones wrote:
In post 28, Karnage wrote: under what policy?
Article 678 of the Statute for the Reasonable Prevention of Underage Sorcery, of course!

seriously though I don't think that a certain person, not to be rude, but this is my opinion, is going to be very helpful.

UNVOTE:

VOTE: BBmolla
no sheeping please
baaaaaaaa

Jake The Wolfie (5) -
Invisibility, Kcdaspot, eth0s, Dolly Parton, alimdia
Invisibility (2) -
SausasaurusRex
Dolly Parton (2) -
Lil Uzi Vert
eth0s (1) -
Arkias
Arkias (1) -
Joey_
Kcdaspot (1) -
rb

Not Voting (3) -
tris, Wake88, Jake The Wolfie

With
alive, it takes
to hammer.
Day 1 ends in
(expired on 2019-12-17 11:00:00)

Game Notes

-
Last edited by Saladman27 on Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:37 am

Post by tris »

In post 220, rb wrote:
In post 218, alimdia wrote:
In post 216, rb wrote:it's when you do something to make another player townread you
as scum?

I thought pocketing was pocketing someone's vote LOL

Anyway, can we talk about invis vs jake instead? That has more substance than your dolly case.
i mean, town don't just do things to try and get that specific player to try and townread them
yeah they do
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:47 am

Post by tris »

In post 230, Joey_ wrote:VOTE: ark selflessly promoting a counter wagon

I think dolly towntold with her rxn to wake's refusal to accept the claim offer. She even bringed the fact that she gained an obv town read out of it again a page or so after, which means she most likely said the truth

I think the inv slip thing is ridiculous, i am also an avid slip reader and if anything, sausa much more likely slipd than inv ever did this game since town has no reasons whatsoever to think about counter-claims D1 in a closed setup, its not an available thought to town. And guess what, still too weak of a slip for me to lynch solely on
Spoiler:
In post 179, SausasaurusRex wrote:A joke claim is just a bad excuse for when you can’t think of a way to justify what was said. It’s never a good idea to counter-claim.
In post 182, SausasaurusRex wrote:EBWOP never a good idea to joke claim. I diidn’t mean counter-claim.
i don't get this vote
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:55 am

Post by tris »

In post 243, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 195, Wake1 wrote:Dolly, rb, Alimdia, do you also feel that Jake's post comes off as Try-Hard Scum?

Damned if I make content, Damned if I don't. Would you rather want me to not produce content and get mislynched?
you should preferably try to find the scum and not worry so much about how people are reading you. the content you make shouldn't be primarily dependent on how it will affect people's reads on you.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:58 am

Post by tris »

In post 244, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Also, let's not quicklynch Invisible, thanks. Or Dolly Python.
didn't you scumread invisibility?
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:05 am

Post by tris »

In post 254, Arkias wrote: I don't see Invis 'slip' as a slip to a lean either way. It might be from just gaming usually, but to me it felt more like a turn of phase about how dumb some tendencies are?

And the dolly ship makes no sense to me, but even RB, the person instigating it sees invis as the bigger one. So, out of three evil's, one of which I'm pretty sure isn't evil.
VOTE: Invis
why do you have to vote one of those three? you say you don't see invis as having slipped but then you vote him????