Mini Normal 2109 | Newbie Quotes II: Newb Boogaloo (Day 3)

Forum rules
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:13 am

Post by tris »

In post 259, alimdia wrote:
In post 219, rb wrote:i mean

i get having scumreads

considering the game solved tho?

wut
It's just my thoughts. I'm not that cocky to think I can solve a game a few pages in. All of the linking stuff still needs flips to substantiate.
I will agree though, I am more focused on looking at individually scummy people now, but I also don't want to forget connections after some flips later on.
but you were using the fact that you scumread invis and jake as a reason to say that rb vs dolly isn't SvS. that wasn't even really connections. it was more poe. which is far from focusing on individually scummy people.
Invisibility
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:14 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 333, Dolly Parton wrote:VOTE: Jake The Wolfie

Follow me Almi let's put this counter wagon to the test.
are we svs or do you not think I slipped anymore
"invisibility is actually braindead" -- RadiantCowbells
Invisibility
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:14 am

Post by Invisibility »

hi tris
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:24 am

Post by tris »

hi.

kcda's posts can be a little hard to parse sometimes. like i'm having a hard time processing
Invisibility
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:27 am

Post by Invisibility »

kdca and saus townreads have drained away because not enough work
also the saus read was kinda of dumb to begin with but it’s okay
also kdca was kind of kicking jake a few times when I was arguing with him does that make sense?
in retrospect it’s kinda scummy
yeah actually I don’t like that at all

also UNVOTE:
if it’s Jake’s meta
has he played as scum?

anyway VOTE: alim
Invisibility
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:27 am

Post by Invisibility »

because the opportunistic thing, and the svs thing
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:29 am

Post by tris »

In post 295, Joey_ wrote:
In post 289, rb wrote:at this point i can't read saus apart from "i am hugely worried about how i'm perceived" but they seem to think that's what the game is actually about for both alignments

don't know how to interpret it
saus has been giving me vibes of open wolfing troll veteran or a genuine new player who flipped town but is being extremely self-conscious (trait I historically associate much more w/ scum than town)
or newer scum who thinks he can get away with hiding behind his newbishness.

apparently ethos has experience with him. i would like to hear more from ethos about him.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:31 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 379, Invisibility wrote:kdca and saus townreads have drained away because not enough work
also kdca was kind of kicking jake a few times when I was arguing with him does that make sense?

also UNVOTE:
if it’s Jake’s meta
has he played as scum?

I’ve worked much more than some people. Let me direct you to Arkias, Lil Uzi Vert and Eth0s.
Also, what made your townread on me dumb?
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:33 am

Post by tris »

In post 301, Kcdaspot wrote:
In post 298, rb wrote:
In post 291, Kcdaspot wrote:
In post 289, rb wrote:at this point i can't read saus apart from "i am hugely worried about how i'm perceived" but they seem to think that's what the game is actually about for both alignments

Do you really think it wise to give that much attention to a what essentially is a null read?
yes i do think it's wise to try and figure out people's alignments

you don't?
I do think that

it's just that it shakes itself out over the course of the game

I'm more interested in scum and I am interested in town anyway

If you're reading somebody null then they're null. find scum
null isn't an alignment one can have. you need to sort your nulls to find out if they're scum or not.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:37 am

Post by tris »

In post 312, tris wrote:Hi, time to read up.
who are you!
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:42 am

Post by tris »

In post 322, alimdia wrote:
In post 321, tris wrote:
In post 61, alimdia wrote:
In post 45, Invisibility wrote:VOTE: jake
Opportunistic jump on the jake wagon me thinks.
how on earth is that opportunistic?
Read on before you post ffs. People correct themselves later all the time. You are doing nobody any favors by doing catchup style posts like this
ok, now that i'm back here, i disagree that that would have been opportunistic even if dolly hadn't unvoted.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:44 am

Post by tris »

In post 328, eth0s wrote:Why is tris here (<3) and why isn't she in the VC?

@MOD
I never voted for wake88.
hi! hope you're town again!
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:46 am

Post by tris »

In post 331, alimdia wrote:
In post 308, Kcdaspot wrote:All you got to do is find 2 to 3 scums and the rest of the people should be town
Theres this thing called being wrong?
In post 323, tris wrote: it's helpful for me. feel free to ignore obsoleted comments.
Nah it's not. I had someone forever catching up and they were flooding the thread with fluff. And so far you've been very similar to them. Only caught up to page 4....
I can't help but feel like you want to seem like you're contributing by commenting on most posts when they are either resolved or as you said... obsolete later.
almost done!
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:49 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

Meta is garbage
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:57 am

Post by tris »

In post 335, alimdia wrote:I'm TRing Joey_.
Just ISO him, it speaks for itself.

But I don't really agree with your counterwagon. Did you see my post 258?
Also, after you put a vote on Arkias, you seem to just have forgotten about it
who are you talking too here? i'm having some reading comprehension failure on this page.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:57 am

Post by tris »

In post 347, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 325, rb wrote:
In post 319, SausasaurusRex wrote:

saus has been giving me vibes of open wolfing troll veteran or a genuine new player who flipped town but is being extremely self-conscious (trait I historically associate much more w/ scum than town)
It would make sense for you to perceive it as scum. If you look back at my previous games, you’ll see I’ve only ever played scum before, never town, so I apologise if my priorities are slightly wrong.

alright, so does anyone in this game jump out as you as being likely scummy or towny saus?
I think Jake the Wolfie is town. I know some people disagree, but he’s playing very similar to the last game I had with him when he was town. I know meta arguments aren’t great, but I think if you’ll look at newbie game 1966 you’ll see what I mean.

I don’t like the look of Dolly. Even if the mason claim was a joke, it wasn’t a good one, and only served to make people suspicious of her. Not a good play for scum or town. This alone isn’t good enough for a lynch in further consideration, however. UNVOTE: Dolly Parton

Kcdaspot isn’t great either. He frequently says things without justifying them (see , (which is followed by the vague ) and 290 (why exactly is it null? Can we have an explanation?) for examples). However, this isn’t scum-indicative by itself.

I think Invisible’s slip is worth following through. Invisible also doesn’t seem to try to make himself look townish to other players either. He mocks Kcdaspot’s style of writing in . However, like Kcdaspot (and Dolly), he fails to provide reasoning for some of his posts.

I think that currently, the best thing to do is to follow through with Invisible’s slip and lynch him, though this could change later depending on what happens.

VOTE: Invisible
you don't seem to really believe in this lynch.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:59 am

Post by tris »

In post 364, Joey_ wrote:And I did see your 258, the whole point of a light poe is exactly that.. it's a light read based on light tells
do you mean light fos? poe meas process of elimination.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:01 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 390, tris wrote:
In post 325, rb wrote:

It would make sense for you to perceive it as scum. If you look back at my previous games, you’ll see I’ve only ever played scum before, never town, so I apologise if my priorities are slightly wrong.

alright, so does anyone in this game jump out as you as being likely scummy or towny saus?
I think Jake the Wolfie is town. I know some people disagree, but he’s playing very similar to the last game I had with him when he was town. I know meta arguments aren’t great, but I think if you’ll look at newbie game 1966 you’ll see what I mean.

I don’t like the look of Dolly. Even if the mason claim was a joke, it wasn’t a good one, and only served to make people suspicious of her. Not a good play for scum or town. This alone isn’t good enough for a lynch in further consideration, however. UNVOTE: Dolly Parton

Kcdaspot isn’t great either. He frequently says things without justifying them (see , (which is followed by the vague ) and 290 (why exactly is it null? Can we have an explanation?) for examples). However, this isn’t scum-indicative by itself.

I think Invisible’s slip is worth following through. Invisible also doesn’t seem to try to make himself look townish to other players either. He mocks Kcdaspot’s style of writing in . However, like Kcdaspot (and Dolly), he fails to provide reasoning for some of his posts.

I think that currently, the best thing to do is to follow through with Invisible’s slip and lynch him, though this could change later depending on what happens.

you don't seem to really believe in this lynch.
I don’t quite understand what you mean. Why would I vote for it if I didn’t believe it was the best choice?
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:05 am

Post by tris »

In post 368, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 366, Joey_ wrote:
In post 325, rb wrote:

Like, this is the perfect exemple to show my point in my last post. Its an overly justifying and posturizing post with no actual content where he sheeps a read he doesn't have. Saus even takes the time to explain a read on 3-4 slots, yet the most important part of his post should've been where he places his vote. All he does about that is claim that the slip is "worth following through" and that Inv is basically is not playing in an agreeable way

Saus, can you explain me the slip you are read to lynch someone for?
Firstly, I would like to say that nothing is ever “over-justifiable”. An argument for why you think something is always better than not having one. To say mafia, a game about convincing people to lynch scum, can have opportunities to over-justify, is to say that mafia is a game about guessing, rather than logic. If an argument can be expressed logically, an intelligent person will agree. By not justifying an argument, you give no reason for anyone to agree. Therefore, it is always better to explain an argument.

In answer to your question, I would say it is simply because of the slip. Nobody else appears more scummy than that slip to me, and since you should vote who you think is most scummy (unless you have ulterior motives) I voted him.
In addition, my vote is not just a vote, but a statement. It tells Invisible that there are people who suspect him, which is good for neither town or mafia. By voting him, I ensure that he will provide a reason for why he is town. We can then judge his reason to see if it makes sense or not, and then work from there. If he has a good reason, or someone else is seeming more scummy, my vote will change. However, his reason may contradict his earlier statements, or be a scumtell or a slip, which can prove that he is scum, or at least worthy of a D1 lynch.
This is why I voted Invisible, and will continue to do so until he changes my opinion or someone else seems more scummy.
i hate this post. it says very little, and you didn't even explain why you scumread the supposed slip.

pedit: well, maybe you're scum.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:07 am

Post by tris »

In post 379, Invisibility wrote:kdca and saus townreads have drained away because not enough work

also UNVOTE:
if it’s Jake’s meta
has he played as scum?

this is a good post. i think i townread invisibility.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:10 am

Post by tris »

alright. I'll try not to be that spammy going forward. that was to help me get into the game. time to put together my reads and vote.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:19 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 368, SausasaurusRex wrote: Firstly, I would like to say that nothing is ever “over-justifiable”. An argument for why you think something is always better than not having one. To say mafia, a game about convincing people to lynch scum, can have opportunities to over-justify, is to say that mafia is a game about guessing, rather than logic. If an argument can be expressed logically, an intelligent person will agree. By not justifying an argument, you give no reason for anyone to agree. Therefore, it is always better to explain an argument.

In answer to your question, I would say it is simply because of the slip. Nobody else appears more scummy than that slip to me, and since you should vote who you think is most scummy (unless you have ulterior motives) I voted him.
In addition, my vote is not just a vote, but a statement. It tells Invisible that there are people who suspect him, which is good for neither town or mafia. By voting him, I ensure that he will provide a reason for why he is town. We can then judge his reason to see if it makes sense or not, and then work from there. If he has a good reason, or someone else is seeming more scummy, my vote will change. However, his reason may contradict his earlier statements, or be a scumtell or a slip, which can prove that he is scum, or at least worthy of a D1 lynch.
This is why I voted Invisible, and will continue to do so until he changes my opinion or someone else seems more scummy.
Over-justifying is a thing, it's often seen when people are self-conscious about their stances (posturizing) so they feel compelled to explain themselves as if they are very aware their stance is questionnable, its a common s trait

You didn't answer my question. Can you explain the slip? why is it a slip
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:22 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

UNVOTE:

Dinosaurs too much stuff going on IRL right now for me to continue coming to the game My reads still stands but there's no way I can have the slot be useful for going forward

mod replace me please

Bye guys
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:22 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

Just ignore the whole dinosaurs bit
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:25 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 391, tris wrote:
In post 364, Joey_ wrote:And I did see your 258, the whole point of a light poe is exactly that.. it's a light read based on light tells
do you mean light fos? poe meas process of elimination.
i mean light poe, as trying to find mafia while using weak/gut reads on the rest of the town, it's nothing substantial but it's pretty accurate