Mini Normal 2109 | Newbie Quotes II: Newb Boogaloo (Day 3)

Forum rules
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:56 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 269, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 268, Kcdaspot wrote:
In post 243, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 195, Wake1 wrote:Dolly, rb, Alimdia, do you also feel that Jake's post comes off as Try-Hard Scum?

Damned if I make content, Damned if I don't. Would you rather want me to not produce content and get mislynched?
Oh my god please.

Guys... Guys?

Why is noone looking at this?

That is seriously the worst kind of post you can make right now... do you have really nothing to say over the freaking four pages of content between your you voting yourself and now?
I didn't have time to read them. I was just skimming over them. Where is your content? Why are most of your posts fluff?
Kcda: "jake did x, x is very bad, why is no one talking about it?"
jake: *does x again*
it's a zero in my name (for PM purposes etc)
Saladman27
Saladman27
Green Light
Saladman27
Green Light
Green Light

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:58 pm

Post by Saladman27 »

VC 1.8
In post 7, GeorgeBailey wrote:Bonjour my brethren,

First order of business, this guy seems kinda
suspicious

VOTE: Suspicious
In post 8, FancyPants wrote:Well, I'm convinced.
VOTE: Suspicious
In post 9, Vorkuta wrote:Heyo
I agree with fast-forwarding through RVS
VOTE: suspicious
In post 10, Zenith wrote:VOTE: Suspicious
Jake The Wolfie (4) -
Kcdaspot, eth0s, Dolly Parton, alimdia
Kcdaspot (2) -
rb, Jake The Wolfie
Invisibility (1) -
SausasaurusRex
Dolly Parton (1) -
Lil Uzi Vert
Arkias (1) -
Joey_
Alimdia (1) -
Invisibility

Not Voting (3) -
tris, Wake88, Arkias

With
alive, it takes
to hammer.
Day 1 ends in
(expired on 2019-12-17 11:00:00)

Game Notes

- Currently looking for a replacement for Kcdaspot
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:01 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 289, rb wrote:at this point i can't read saus apart from "i am hugely worried about how i'm perceived" but they seem to think that's what the game is actually about for both alignments

don't know how to interpret it
their ISO in this game is def worth a read imo
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=81070
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:11 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 322, alimdia wrote:
In post 321, tris wrote:
In post 61, alimdia wrote:
In post 45, Invisibility wrote:VOTE: jake
Opportunistic jump on the jake wagon me thinks.
how on earth is that opportunistic?
Read on before you post ffs. People correct themselves later all the time. You are doing nobody any favors by doing catchup style posts like this
I disagree with this sentiment but I'll only explain why if you actually care about my reasoning
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:18 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 331, alimdia wrote:
In post 308, Kcdaspot wrote:All you got to do is find 2 to 3 scums and the rest of the people should be town
Theres this thing called being wrong?
In post 323, tris wrote: it's helpful for me. feel free to ignore obsoleted comments.
Nah it's not. I had someone forever catching up and they were flooding the thread with fluff. And so far you've been very similar to them. Only caught up to page 4....
I can't help but feel like you want to seem like you're contributing by commenting on most posts when they are either resolved or as you said... obsolete later.
I hate this post because of the tone and stubbornness of it. Like what is the point of telling someone what doesn't help them? Why are you being so much more aggressive already than you ever were in newbie 1962, and over this of all things?

Other than what looks like a difference in meta this post doesn't really help me sort you, so I could say you're just fluffing the thread up with this post too.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:25 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 347, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 325, rb wrote:
In post 319, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 295, Joey_ wrote:
In post 289, rb wrote:at this point i can't read saus apart from "i am hugely worried about how i'm perceived" but they seem to think that's what the game is actually about for both alignments

saus has been giving me vibes of open wolfing troll veteran or a genuine new player who flipped town but is being extremely self-conscious (trait I historically associate much more w/ scum than town)
It would make sense for you to perceive it as scum. If you look back at my previous games, you’ll see I’ve only ever played scum before, never town, so I apologise if my priorities are slightly wrong.
alright, so does anyone in this game jump out as you as being likely scummy or towny saus?
I think Jake the Wolfie is town. I know some people disagree, but he’s playing very similar to the last game I had with him when he was town. I know meta arguments aren’t great, but I think if you’ll look at newbie game 1966 you’ll see what I mean.

I don’t like the look of Dolly. Even if the mason claim was a joke, it wasn’t a good one, and only served to make people suspicious of her. Not a good play for scum or town. This alone isn’t good enough for a lynch in further consideration, however. UNVOTE: Dolly Parton

Kcdaspot isn’t great either. He frequently says things without justifying them (see , (which is followed by the vague ) and 290 (why exactly is it null? Can we have an explanation?) for examples). However, this isn’t scum-indicative by itself.

I think Invisible’s slip is worth following through. Invisible also doesn’t seem to try to make himself look townish to other players either. He mocks Kcdaspot’s style of writing in . However, like Kcdaspot (and Dolly), he fails to provide reasoning for some of his posts.

I think that currently, the best thing to do is to follow through with Invisible’s slip and lynch him, though this could change later depending on what happens.

VOTE: Invisible
If you think a perceived slip is the best info we have for a wagon rn, how do you feel about the one alimdia made (pointed out by joey)? I kinda get the feeling you're more worried about invis dying than you are about punishing scummy behavior.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:33 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 381, tris wrote:

saus has been giving me vibes of open wolfing troll veteran or a genuine new player who flipped town but is being extremely self-conscious (trait I historically associate much more w/ scum than town)
or newer scum who thinks he can get away with hiding behind his newbishness.

apparently ethos has experience with him. i would like to hear more from ethos about him.
well.. what aspect do you want to hear about? ngl I don't understand why you'd say something like that without asking me a relevant question or something
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:40 pm

Post by eth0s »

In post 411, Jake The Wolfie wrote:I don't like Kcdaspot's slot. So far they have generated more fluff than a cotton candy machine.

VOTE: Kcdaspot
if you're town can you please stop doing things that make me want to lynch you? I'm getting badtown vibes. No offense, but like, I've basically come to TSTBS read on you, and if that's the best I'm gonna get then I will be paranoid af over you all game.
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:52 pm

Post by eth0s »

VOTE: alimdia

off town meta

most convincing "slip" yet

aggression looks fake, like he is trying to feign frustration with tris "fluffing the thread" for LAMIST reasons
eth0s
eth0s
Mafia Scum
eth0s
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:56 pm

Post by eth0s »

@Wake88 and Lil Uzi Vert:

How do you feel about alimdia, RB, tris, kcda, and each other?
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:19 am

Post by alimdia »

In post 429, eth0s wrote:
In post 331, alimdia wrote:
In post 308, Kcdaspot wrote:All you got to do is find 2 to 3 scums and the rest of the people should be town
Theres this thing called being wrong?
In post 323, tris wrote: it's helpful for me. feel free to ignore obsoleted comments.
Nah it's not. I had someone forever catching up and they were flooding the thread with fluff. And so far you've been very similar to them. Only caught up to page 4....
I can't help but feel like you want to seem like you're contributing by commenting on most posts when they are either resolved or as you said... obsolete later.
I hate this post because of the tone and stubbornness of it. Like what is the point of telling someone what doesn't help them? Why are you being so much more aggressive already than you ever were in newbie 1962, and over this of all things?

Other than what looks like a difference in meta this post doesn't really help me sort you, so I could say you're just fluffing the thread up with this post too.
Maybe you should look at my other ongoing games where I flipped.
I hate it when people do that perpetual catch up method
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:20 am

Post by alimdia »

Also @Mod V/la for the next 36 hours
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:30 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 427, eth0s wrote:

their ISO in this game is def worth a read imo
https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=81070
In post 430, eth0s wrote:
In post 347, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 325, rb wrote:
In post 319, SausasaurusRex wrote:

It would make sense for you to perceive it as scum. If you look back at my previous games, you’ll see I’ve only ever played scum before, never town, so I apologise if my priorities are slightly wrong.
alright, so does anyone in this game jump out as you as being likely scummy or towny saus?
I think Jake the Wolfie is town. I know some people disagree, but he’s playing very similar to the last game I had with him when he was town. I know meta arguments aren’t great, but I think if you’ll look at newbie game 1966 you’ll see what I mean.

I don’t like the look of Dolly. Even if the mason claim was a joke, it wasn’t a good one, and only served to make people suspicious of her. Not a good play for scum or town. This alone isn’t good enough for a lynch in further consideration, however. UNVOTE: Dolly Parton

Kcdaspot isn’t great either. He frequently says things without justifying them (see , (which is followed by the vague ) and 290 (why exactly is it null? Can we have an explanation?) for examples). However, this isn’t scum-indicative by itself.

I think Invisible’s slip is worth following through. Invisible also doesn’t seem to try to make himself look townish to other players either. He mocks Kcdaspot’s style of writing in . However, like Kcdaspot (and Dolly), he fails to provide reasoning for some of his posts.

I think that currently, the best thing to do is to follow through with Invisible’s slip and lynch him, though this could change later depending on what happens.

VOTE: Invisible
If you think a perceived slip is the best info we have for a wagon rn, how do you feel about the one alimdia made (pointed out by joey)? I kinda get the feeling you're more worried about invis dying than you are about punishing scummy behavior.
Perhaps I’m just blind, but I looked through both Joey’s and Alimdia’s ISOs and I’m not seeing any slips. If you were to point it out for me again, I’ll take a look at it and change my opinion accordingly.
Invisibility
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:45 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 410, alimdia wrote:
In post 380, Invisibility wrote:because the opportunistic thing, and the svs thing
I missed this earlier, sorry.

I don't see why thats a case again me anyway.
why not
"invisibility is actually braindead" -- RadiantCowbells
Invisibility
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:46 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 413, Dolly Parton wrote:
In post 376, Invisibility wrote:
In post 333, Dolly Parton wrote:VOTE: Jake The Wolfie

Follow me Almi let's put this counter wagon to the test.
are we svs or do you not think I slipped anymore
I believed in the slip just enough to get on the wagon. SvS? Maybe, I highly doubt it though.
so you don’t believe the slip anymore
Invisibility
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Invisibility
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:46 am

Post by Invisibility »

In post 414, Dolly Parton wrote:
In post 379, Invisibility wrote:kdca and saus townreads have drained away because not enough work
also the saus read was kinda of dumb to begin with but it’s okay
also kdca was kind of kicking jake a few times when I was arguing with him does that make sense?
in retrospect it’s kinda scummy
yeah actually I don’t like that at all

also UNVOTE:
if it’s Jake’s meta
has he played as scum?

anyway VOTE: alim
Alim votes at this point are POINTless. What info will we get from this lynch today, even if Alim flips red. I mean it could clear you but I disagree with your read here.
why?
Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton
Goon
Dolly Parton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:17 am

Post by Dolly Parton »

In post 439, Invisibility wrote:
In post 413, Dolly Parton wrote:
In post 376, Invisibility wrote:
In post 333, Dolly Parton wrote:VOTE: Jake The Wolfie

Follow me Almi let's put this counter wagon to the test.
are we svs or do you not think I slipped anymore
I believed in the slip just enough to get on the wagon. SvS? Maybe, I highly doubt it though.
so you don’t believe the slip anymore
I don't don't believe it. I just don't think it's worth pursuing anymore. Doesn't mean it might be relevant later on down the road.
Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton
Goon
Dolly Parton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:18 am

Post by Dolly Parton »

In post 440, Invisibility wrote:
In post 414, Dolly Parton wrote:
In post 379, Invisibility wrote:kdca and saus townreads have drained away because not enough work
also the saus read was kinda of dumb to begin with but it’s okay
also kdca was kind of kicking jake a few times when I was arguing with him does that make sense?
in retrospect it’s kinda scummy
yeah actually I don’t like that at all

also UNVOTE:
if it’s Jake’s meta
has he played as scum?

anyway VOTE: alim
Alim votes at this point are POINTless. What info will we get from this lynch today, even if Alim flips red. I mean it could clear you but I disagree with your read here.
why?
I just don't want to lynch Alim and I can't tell you why. Just towny vibes.
Arkias
Arkias
Goon
Arkias
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:36 am

Post by Arkias »

I need to ask moving forward,

is the accepted meta doing posts per thing you're responding too, or doing big wall texts? Historically, I've done wall texts, but it also gives me an incredibly low post count -- but reading Ethos/Dolly/Tris doing it, makes me wonder if I'm playing this wrong?

Thanks
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:52 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 443, Arkias wrote:I need to ask moving forward,

is the accepted meta doing posts per thing you're responding too, or doing big wall texts? Historically, I've done wall texts, but it also gives me an incredibly low post count -- but reading Ethos/Dolly/Tris doing it, makes me wonder if I'm playing this wrong?

Thanks
I’m not as experienced as the people you mention, but I would guess it’s multiple posts, because that makes it easier to quote them later.
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:53 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 404, Joey_ wrote:@saus

This isn’t what I said. I voted Invisible because of the slip, not because I believe in the lynch. I believe in the lynch because I voted her. The original vote stems not from believing in the lynch, but from the scumminess of the slip.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:39 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 445, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 404, Joey_ wrote:@saus

This isn’t what I said. I voted Invisible because of the slip, not because I believe in the lynch. I believe in the lynch because I voted her. The original vote stems not from believing in the lynch, but from the scumminess of the slip.
Of course it's not exactly what you said, but it's what your answer heavily implies, basically dodging the question

Your were told "you don't seem to really believe in this lynch".
I am not tris, but I am going to assume that she's saying that the way you use the slip argument to justify your vote, seems ungenuine as if you didn't believe it yourself. Btw I shared that feeling when i said you were voting for a read you didn't have yourself.

You answered "Why would I vote for it if I didn’t believe it was the best choice?". You can rephrase your answer as "I believe it's the best choice of a lynch because I am voting him"
Basically, you are deflecting the whole point about you using the slip to push a vote, twice over considering I already asked you to explain the slip and you dodged it.

You have a bad habit of not answering questions

I will ask for a third time
Can you explain me what is inv's slip and what is the "scumminess of the slip"?
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:50 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 402, Arkias wrote:Well, I think Tris is town. RB is probably town too.

Between the Jake and Invis thing I mentioned earlier, I can't really see either of them being scum.

So, for now,

VOTE: unvote

I'm going to give the thread another read and try to get some analysis going on.

Also, I like that pirate gif. It reminds me of Monkey Island.
In post 403, Joey_ wrote:
In post 402, Arkias wrote:Well, I think Tris is town. RB is probably town too.

Between the Jake and Invis thing I mentioned earlier, I can't really see either of them being scum.

So, for now,

VOTE: unvote

I'm going to give the thread another read and try to get some analysis going on.

Also, I like that pirate gif. It reminds me of Monkey Island.
Why can't you see any of jake and inv as mefia?
In post 443, Arkias wrote:I need to ask moving forward,

Thanks
Ark has done nothing of value since the start of the game, after my vote she posted a single post (254) with what looks like game content, but it's pretty darn shallow. There's no unique thought process or reads that comes from a genuine town pov or what not.

Then she posted (443), outing 4 reads and not a single piece of informations about why. This is not inherently AI but it just shows that there's no transparent thought process she could be read on.
Then she claims
"I'm going to give the thread another read and try to get some analysis going on."
and that's obviously a fucking lie because 443 is pure garbage with not an ounce of value. I also asked a question (403) which she didn't aknowledge at all. If she really was trying to reread the game and has some "analysis going on" she most likely would've seen my question and remembered to answer it.

This looks much more like she caught the classic scumitis, where people dislike playing as scum and just afk/deflect qs/lies about making content. The slot is just extremely fucking scummy
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:51 am

Post by Joey_ »

Then she posted (402)**
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:56 am

Post by Joey_ »

BTW to anyone who actually cares, reading Ark's games shows a good portrait of what player she can be