Mini Normal 2109 | Newbie Quotes II: Newb Boogaloo (Day 3)

Forum rules
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:08 am

Post by Joey_ »

Rb, your reads sucks this game, are you mefia?
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:09 am

Post by alimdia »

In post 443, Arkias wrote:I need to ask moving forward,

is the accepted meta doing posts per thing you're responding too, or doing big wall texts? Historically, I've done wall texts, but it also gives me an incredibly low post count -- but reading Ethos/Dolly/Tris doing it, makes me wonder if I'm playing this wrong?

Thanks
I recommend multiple smaller posts, but also read up completely first. I do responses on notepad++ then paste them in after finish reading if they're not obselete by then
In post 449, Joey_ wrote:BTW to anyone who actually cares, reading Ark's games shows a good portrait of what player she can be
brah I don't have time rn to read Ark's other games. I'm already low key mad eth0s is claiming off town meta as the main case against me. My frustration with fluffing the thread is real I say, look at post 435. The game I'm talking about actually ended btw, its Micro 900 where I was pushing for the person that was perpetually catching up and posting fluff. Also.. they were actually scum.
But also, I hate using meta but I felt like I had to defend himself here.
In post 477, Joey_ wrote:UNVOTE: both my leads ended up colder than expected
Quoting this so I can find it later after some flips... That was quite an about turn.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:10 am

Post by Joey_ »

Imo wake is now obvious scum

Dolly and jake are TvsT almost always
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:11 am

Post by alimdia »

In post 491, Billy Pilgrim wrote:Caught up to pg. 12. Still getting caught up.

I like rb's play as town. Dont think I agree on the thing from invis being a slip though. Was definitely bad, and the fact that he was voting there and kept voting there is weird, maybe I'm wrong on this, but I don't think this is a scumslip.
When LUV came in it made me question my early read of invisibility. I'm gonna have to look those first few pages over. But I wanna know why he had the most to say abo uh t invisibility but ended up voting Dolly.

Gonna have some more questions when I finish, but invis, explain what you meant by saying you love when town self-votes and if you thought Jake was town there, why were you still voting there?
Dolly's joke mason claim (@invis - it also may draw a cc which is what makes it scummy, I honestly dont get a town motivation from a mason fakeclaim) coupled with her strange early play around a couple of wagons, hopping on after others have hopped on using reasoning that she could have used to be the first to hop on, this is mainly about Sausarex, makes me have real concerns about her slot. AMD I'm not getting many townie vibes. Her defense to the jokeclaim concerns was to say it made Wake obvtown, but I dont know how it accomplished that. I actually like wakes response to her calling him obvtown as a result, but Dolly is pinging me hard.

Jake's play is bad. Rb is saying it's bad not scummy, but I'm seeing alot of shade and not a whole hell of a lot of attempting to find town. His top townread being sausarex really stuck out (I like Alimdia, but not more than a couple of other people) at the time he did that huge wall didnt make alot of sense to me. The selfvote and behavior under pressure certainly didnt read town to me.

So far liking joey. Dont know why he thinks Jake town told in his first three posts though.
How come I had 0 mention in your catch up but got a 'I like alimdia' near the end?
In post 514, Dolly Parton wrote:Tris just jumped on the 4th spot on me. Statistics dictate that slot is filled by scum over ~65%.

And with a "placeholder" vote there, now who is positioning?
In post 519, Dolly Parton wrote:Alim is the only I trust not to vote me. Alim gets it.
In post 520, Dolly Parton wrote:Wake and rb are smart enough as TOWN to not vote me yet and let scum fill that spot.
uh.....
In post 540, Dolly Parton wrote:Ok.

@Everyone

I want to DUEL Jake for the D1 lynch. I want everyone to choose a side. Nothing personal. Just promise to lynch Jake tomorrow after I flip VT.
Also why did you claim when you weren't at L1.
Also, why did jake CLAIM AS WELL?
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:11 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 602, Joey_ wrote:Imo wake is now obvious scum
What makes you say that?
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:12 am

Post by Joey_ »

Also alim thats a ridiculous shade, 477 is basically me unvoting ark after she answered my post, theres nothing uncommon or noteworthy
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:12 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 604, SausasaurusRex wrote:
What makes you say that?
Reads
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:13 am

Post by alimdia »

Guessing cos of the fluff posts initially? If not can you explain
It looked like you guys voted him after his night nurse comment.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:13 am

Post by Joey_ »

The table can’t understand when I explain stuff so i diubt theyd understand if I explained my wake read, so ill leave it at that
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:14 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 608, Joey_ wrote:The table can’t understand when I explain stuff so i diubt theyd understand if I explained my wake read, so ill leave it at that
People failing to understand reads is always better than having them suspicious of you for having seemingly no reasons. You should explain it anyway.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:14 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 607, alimdia wrote:

Guessing cos of the fluff posts initially? If not can you explain
It looked like you guys voted him after his night nurse comment.
You guys = joey

Also, i voted wake on a quick reread because my sauce/ark leads ended up cold, like i said. It has nothing to do with wake’s lastest post at the time i voted them
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:15 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 609, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 608, Joey_ wrote:The table can’t understand when I explain stuff so i diubt theyd understand if I explained my wake read, so ill leave it at that
People failing to understand reads is always better than having them suspicious of you for having seemingly no reasons. You should explain it anyway.
Im universally townreads and moreso when dolly or jake flips town
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:15 am

Post by Joey_ »

And/or when wake flips scum
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:18 am

Post by Joey_ »

I am probably flipping rb at some point too with how hes been playing
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:19 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

In post 611, Joey_ wrote:
In post 612, Joey_ wrote:And/or when wake flips scum
Neither of these explain your reasoning.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:20 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 614, SausasaurusRex wrote:
In post 611, Joey_ wrote:
In post 612, Joey_ wrote:And/or when wake flips scum
Neither of these explain your reasoning.
I never meant to explain it, i explained why i wasnt gonna explain it
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:21 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

If you think Wake is scum, you need to get people to vote him. Which means you need to convince them to vote him. Which means providing reasoning is in your best interests. Otherwise, Wake will continue to live, which is presumably not what you want.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:21 am

Post by Joey_ »

Also it implied that reasoning is a mean to an end in trying to find my alignement, correct? My answers says you guys are already correct in reading me, thus the explaining itself is not useful to find my alignement. The explaining is not useful either since yall can’t read anyway
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:22 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 616, SausasaurusRex wrote:If you think Wake is scum, you need to get people to vote him. Which means you need to convince them to vote him. Which means providing reasoning is in your best interests. Otherwise, Wake will continue to live, which is presumably not what you want.
Not a bad point, but I have a trumpcard
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:24 am

Post by Joey_ »

Also being a little anti-town has it perks, its easier to read the game than when you are townread by scum ;)
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:29 am

Post by Joey_ »

Ill give you something to chew on tho, because you insisted and it's an easy to understand point
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:30 am

Post by Joey_ »

In post 545, Wake1 wrote:Please don't hammer anyone yet. I'm still combing through the game thread and writing up a Reads List.
In post 574, Wake1 wrote:Guys, please NO hammering yet. I'm still typing up my Reads List.
In post 587, Wake1 wrote:
alimdia
Please tell me again why you're voting Invisibility in . : Do you think rb could be Scum and is tunneling Dolly? I agree with the first half of , but I'd like you to guess as to why I don't agree with your second half of it. On I think we should talk more about you thinking Dolly should be Townread regarding rb's behavior. I like that you also caught that in ; want to join me in pressuring this? Not sure I like your ... Also, why did you join on Jake's wagon in ? I too would like to see Invisibility expand on .

Arkias
You seem eager to find a reason in to join the Invisibility wagon. I like because I agree with all of it. : It can be whatever; don't let people tell you how to play the game. Could you please briefly explain your gut-vote in ?

Billy Pilgrim
: Regarding Dolly, Invisibility, and Jake, who would you vote if you had to, and why? I think the better reason to vote Dolly would be , Billy, if she doesn't explain herself.

Can you tell me what doesn't work with 545/574 VS 587/596?
Dolly Parton
Not particularly liking your . For the record meta-wise, I never do Mason claims. Although I am still curious why you would target me for that claim. : In no way does that make me ObvTown, and I don't think it's reasonable for Town-You to really have that notion this early in the game. I agree with . You know, for someone being Scumread for a fake Mason claim, you appear eager to vote Invisibility for a perceived Scumslip (). : I don't like this. : What? I REALLY don't like , and I could hammer you right now for it but I want an explanation from you on this. Please explain . : Noted. Somehow I'm not convinced by . I don't like the "reasoning" behind . I need you to thoroughly respond to please.

eth0s
I don't like your vote in because to me it feels opportunistic. Do you currently support Jake's lynch? Regarding , how are you reading him currently? On I don't think he's had a completed Scum-game yet, so we don't know alimdia's Scum-meta. : Alimdia should not be above scrutiny, and Uzi has done barely anything this game.

Invisibility
Not liking your . Sarcasm rarely translates well on text. I agree with ; a joke Mason claim does not a Scum make. Please tell me more your reasoning behind . I like . : A good question, and not a fair thing to really ask, especially during Day 1.

Jake The Wolfie
Please tell me again how Invisibility was quicklynching you in . I do however like your response to eth0s in . Only Scum self-votes to help themselves, so as Town you should never do that in . : Are you new to Mafia? I agree with . I also agree with . I can't agree with . I agree there hasn't been much from that slot wrt . I agree with , in that Dolly does appear to be doing a lot of shade-throwing.

Joey_
Please elaborate on . : That presumes you assume he is Town, which is knowledge you should not be having if you are Town. You should make it not a secret regarding , Joey.

Lil Uzi Vert
OK, I do not like , because you are way too quick to join the wagon: I want to know why
you
are voting Dolly. I can agree with .
I need to hear more from you, Uzi.

rb
I'm not that convinced it was a slip, rb (). I wouldn't mind seeing Rex pressured more. So confident you seem in . I'm liking the latter half of . Unsure the reason for the Dolly vote in but I'm assuming it was a reaction test. I find your overconfidence in disturbing: you know Town is not informed, so if you're uninformed confidence is not something you should have (especially during the early part of Day 1). : Obviously if they were to flip Scum you would deal with the consequences. I don't recall getting a reaction from you regarding my . seems completely unnecessary. In regards to , alimdia shouldn't be Townreading Dolly for that. : I'm still not convince Invisibility Scum-slipped, although I've been wrong before. I like that you picked up on that in . Regarding I still think pressuring Rex is a good idea.

SausasaurusRex
How well do you fare under pressure as Scum? Your vote on Dolly regarding the fakeclaim is, to me, opportunistic. In you meant fake-claim, not counter-claim, correct...? OK, you corrected yourself. I need you to be very specific regarding why you switched your vote from Dolly to Invisibility in . I agree with . : Good question. Not sure how to read .

tris
I agree with . I don't agree at all with , however. Are you saying in it does or doesn't? I think we should hear more from eth0s in general wrt . I can't agree with you on : sometimes it's way too difficult to sort players, especially early on. I do agree with.

Spoiler: Base Template
alimdia

Arkias

Billy Pilgrim

Dolly Parton

eth0s

Invisibility

Jake The Wolfie

Joey_

Lil Uzi Vert

rb

SausasaurusRex

tris
In post 596, Wake1 wrote:
In post 590, rb wrote:yeah im not reading that
In post 591, rb wrote:if i have to follow a link and a link and another link in a post just to make it make sense, im not convinced the writer of the post is trying to be understood and will assume they're just doing busy work to look good without doing anything actually useful

i don't particularly care to lynch wake at this point

i also don't particularly care if he is lynched
Ah, so you're Scum or lazy Town.

I dislike people like that. They ask for reads and thoughts, you spend your time on it, and then some people have to be assholes and say they aren't even going to read it. Not cool.
Joey_
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Joey_
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:31 am

Post by Joey_ »

Sorry for the multiple post, i suck at formatting

Can you tell me what doesn't work with 545/574 VS 587/596? @sauce
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:41 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

Spoiler:
In post 621, Joey_ wrote:
In post 545, Wake1 wrote:Please don't hammer anyone yet. I'm still combing through the game thread and writing up a Reads List.
In post 574, Wake1 wrote:Guys, please NO hammering yet. I'm still typing up my Reads List.
In post 587, Wake1 wrote:
alimdia
Please tell me again why you're voting Invisibility in . : Do you think rb could be Scum and is tunneling Dolly? I agree with the first half of , but I'd like you to guess as to why I don't agree with your second half of it. On I think we should talk more about you thinking Dolly should be Townread regarding rb's behavior. I like that you also caught that in ; want to join me in pressuring this? Not sure I like your ... Also, why did you join on Jake's wagon in ? I too would like to see Invisibility expand on .

Arkias
You seem eager to find a reason in to join the Invisibility wagon. I like because I agree with all of it. : It can be whatever; don't let people tell you how to play the game. Could you please briefly explain your gut-vote in ?

Billy Pilgrim
: Regarding Dolly, Invisibility, and Jake, who would you vote if you had to, and why? I think the better reason to vote Dolly would be , Billy, if she doesn't explain herself.

Can you tell me what doesn't work with 545/574 VS 587/596?
Dolly Parton
Not particularly liking your . For the record meta-wise, I never do Mason claims. Although I am still curious why you would target me for that claim. : In no way does that make me ObvTown, and I don't think it's reasonable for Town-You to really have that notion this early in the game. I agree with . You know, for someone being Scumread for a fake Mason claim, you appear eager to vote Invisibility for a perceived Scumslip (). : I don't like this. : What? I REALLY don't like , and I could hammer you right now for it but I want an explanation from you on this. Please explain . : Noted. Somehow I'm not convinced by . I don't like the "reasoning" behind . I need you to thoroughly respond to please.

eth0s
I don't like your vote in because to me it feels opportunistic. Do you currently support Jake's lynch? Regarding , how are you reading him currently? On I don't think he's had a completed Scum-game yet, so we don't know alimdia's Scum-meta. : Alimdia should not be above scrutiny, and Uzi has done barely anything this game.

Invisibility
Not liking your . Sarcasm rarely translates well on text. I agree with ; a joke Mason claim does not a Scum make. Please tell me more your reasoning behind . I like . : A good question, and not a fair thing to really ask, especially during Day 1.

Jake The Wolfie
Please tell me again how Invisibility was quicklynching you in . I do however like your response to eth0s in . Only Scum self-votes to help themselves, so as Town you should never do that in . : Are you new to Mafia? I agree with . I also agree with . I can't agree with . I agree there hasn't been much from that slot wrt . I agree with , in that Dolly does appear to be doing a lot of shade-throwing.

Joey_
Please elaborate on . : That presumes you assume he is Town, which is knowledge you should not be having if you are Town. You should make it not a secret regarding , Joey.

Lil Uzi Vert
OK, I do not like , because you are way too quick to join the wagon: I want to know why
you
are voting Dolly. I can agree with .
I need to hear more from you, Uzi.

rb
I'm not that convinced it was a slip, rb (). I wouldn't mind seeing Rex pressured more. So confident you seem in . I'm liking the latter half of . Unsure the reason for the Dolly vote in but I'm assuming it was a reaction test. I find your overconfidence in disturbing: you know Town is not informed, so if you're uninformed confidence is not something you should have (especially during the early part of Day 1). : Obviously if they were to flip Scum you would deal with the consequences. I don't recall getting a reaction from you regarding my . seems completely unnecessary. In regards to , alimdia shouldn't be Townreading Dolly for that. : I'm still not convince Invisibility Scum-slipped, although I've been wrong before. I like that you picked up on that in . Regarding I still think pressuring Rex is a good idea.

SausasaurusRex
How well do you fare under pressure as Scum? Your vote on Dolly regarding the fakeclaim is, to me, opportunistic. In you meant fake-claim, not counter-claim, correct...? OK, you corrected yourself. I need you to be very specific regarding why you switched your vote from Dolly to Invisibility in . I agree with . : Good question. Not sure how to read .

tris
I agree with . I don't agree at all with , however. Are you saying in it does or doesn't? I think we should hear more from eth0s in general wrt . I can't agree with you on : sometimes it's way too difficult to sort players, especially early on. I do agree with.

Spoiler: Base Template
alimdia

Arkias

Billy Pilgrim

Dolly Parton

eth0s

Invisibility

Jake The Wolfie

Joey_

Lil Uzi Vert

rb

SausasaurusRex

tris
In post 596, Wake1 wrote:
In post 590, rb wrote:yeah im not reading that
In post 591, rb wrote:if i have to follow a link and a link and another link in a post just to make it make sense, im not convinced the writer of the post is trying to be understood and will assume they're just doing busy work to look good without doing anything actually useful

i don't particularly care to lynch wake at this point

i also don't particularly care if he is lynched
Ah, so you're Scum or lazy Town.

I dislike people like that. They ask for reads and thoughts, you spend your time on it, and then some people have to be assholes and say they aren't even going to read it. Not cool.
In post 622, Joey_ wrote:Sorry for the multiple post, i suck at formatting

Can you tell me what doesn't work with 545/574 VS 587/596? @sauce

He advocates for no lynching until he finishes, then proceeds not to vote anyone or make any reads? Then, when asked for some solid reads, he ignores the question?
SausasaurusRex
SausasaurusRex
Goon
SausasaurusRex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:43 am

Post by SausasaurusRex »

EBWOP: And in 596 he says implies he put his reads in, but never actually did, and just made comments and questions?